BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Merla

Merla's first instinct: take out the toa holding the Ga-Matoran hostage. The rest of the enemy group was currently being handled by the other members of the party; nothing was being done to free the hostage, however. Lunging forward, she darted past the Skakdi Kale was dealing with and slid into the hut. "I'm feeling nice today. Can we make a deal? You put the knife down and leave, and I give you, I don't know, these weapons?" Merla showed her short spear and her shield. "What are you doing?!" she thought to herself. "All you have to do is let the matoran go-why do you want her anyway?" Merla decided to try the warrior-therapist approach.

She was definitely making this up on the fly.

OOC: Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~

IC: Mercs

The Fe-Lesterin which had been struck by Lohkar's grapple gun seemed none too happy about the fact, and she let out a momentary cry of surprise as the device started to recoil at an alarming rate. Dropping her bow, the grey-armored being leapt forward with the cable, using it's motion to compound her forward momentum. She landed low before her fellow Lesterin, feet spaced apart, with a long, straight sword held in her hand. Which rather suddenly shot itself upward with a flick of her wrist, aiming to cut a neat line from the captain's hip to opposite shoulder.

The huge Skakdi seemed unfazed by the fact that the weapon that he had previous held in his hand had been ripped to pieces by Kale's elemental power. Evident by the fact that his bounding strides didn't slow nor falter in his headlong charge. Of course, there was still the fact that a rather dense tube of metal was flying on a collision course with his side, with would easily end with more than a few broken bones on the Skakdi's part.

Or would it.

Just before the projectile hit the brown-armored being's side, a previously invisible barrier flared to life with a flash, almost like a ghostly crystalline skin just above the Skakdi's armor, stopping the tube dead in the air without damage to target. His armor itself had taken on a strange feature, as tracks on it's surface suddenly light up with a blue light.

Kale wouldn't really have much time to ponder this fact, as the Skakdi's fist came flying towards his face.

The Toa archer seemed disturbingly unconcerned about the two projectiles that came flying towards him from separate directions, both decidedly guaranteed to mess up his day real quick. In fact, he made no motion to try and dodge out of their way. Rather, the being simply raised his hand, as if willing the inevitable to stop. Though that wasn't the strangest part. No, more so the fact that the two projectiles did stop in mid air, and then neatly reverse direction back at their respective owners at the same rate that they had flown from them.

Well, the purple-armored Toa's hand was glowing with elemental energy, if that was any indication of what had happened.

The Toa inside of the hut smiled a smile that really didn't seem of the kind that normal upstanding citizens would display.

"Sorry darling," He said with a unidentifiable strong accent, slightly adjusting his grip on the Ga-Matoran he held so that his hand was pointed toward Merla. Just before a bolt of incandescent plasma flew from said hand towards said being standing before him.

"But finders keepers."

Just beyond the current skirmish, a cloaked being watched with icy blue eyes, it's form slightly concealed by the shadow of a leaf hut, apparently ready to intervene in the conflict. Though if they were friend or foe, it was impossible to tell.

OOC: Color-coded to make it somewhat easier to follow.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC- Verak

Well it's about time we had some action around here.

I charged towards the battle, my keen sense of adventure ablee to pick it up the instant it started. It's a sort of crackle in the air, you know. You can sense the adrenaline run through everyone as they prepare to fight. Also, people fighting make a lot of noise too.

I was not a part of the attacked group, so I was unseen by the attackers. I would catch them by surprise. Or perhaps not, considering my sense of strategy.

As I ran past a growth of bamboo, I went into a controlled slide. Smoothly, I pulled my knife from it's sheath, wrapped my other hand around a stalk of bamboo, and slid the knife cleanly through the stalk. Even recently sharpened and with a lot of force behind it, it didn't cut through the bamboo, but when I came to my feet and twisted, not losing the momentum of my sprint, the bamboo twisted and snapped.

I continued running, now a long bamboo pole held in my hands. I looked up at the hut in front of me. On top stood two archers, both Toa-shaped facing the other way at their targets. As I watched, one was pulled from the roof with a grappling gun, leaving the other to me. I grinned.

Like a discus thrower, I spun around while hopping from one foot to another, putting enormous amounts of momentum into the bamboo pole in my hand. Then I let the bamboo pole fly towards the Toa, soaring shakily through the air. Distracted by something I couldn't see, the archer didn't get a chance to look at the bamboo. If he had, he would have been puzzled, because I had not thrown it like a javelin. The point was facing the sky, not him. Not only that, but it was going to fly far over him, missing him by a few body lengths. It was as if I was tossing the pole to someone over his head.

I whooped enthusiastically, then ran and jumped into the air, and teleported above him.

The bamboo spear and I reached the point above him at the same time, and my hand snapped out and wrapped around it. Then, laughing in exhilaration, I began to fall, and brought the pole down in a powerful arc towards him, my entire body bending to lend it more force.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Prei

My mask activates. The world seems to blur for an instant, before everything rights itself. Nobody has noticed me simply fade into the background. Good.

The battle rages around me. I ignore it. Instead, I begin to move rapidly towards a nearby folding chair. My steps are silent, the noise having been cancelled out by the power of my mask. I need to be quick, or somebody will eventually notice the shadowy wraith flitting around. That is suboptimal for my purposes.

Chair is successfully obtained. Target has yet to be acquired.

Huh, a flying madman has come out of nowhere. Looks to be temporarily assisting us.

He'll be a good distraction.

I slip past the fighters and into the hut. There is a bolt of plasma heading towards my compatriot. It appears as if I will have to discard my current plan of action.

The chair flies into the bolt. There is a boom.

I hate hostage situations.

Kale Ironshaper- Ga-koro- Nixie's Hut

IC: The Skakdi's fist smashed through the air where Kale's head would have been if not for the fact that he had once activated his kakama and vanished, reappearing several yards away in a crouch. Sweeping his hands around, the tube of metal reformed in to a cloud and swept towards the Skakdi once again. If it reached him it would surround him in cocoon of metal and solidify, leaving only an air hole around the mouth to make sure that Kale's opponent did not suffocate.

If you could not hurt them, immobilizing worked just as well.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC (Lohkar)

The Fe-Lesterin's slash met thin air; as she landed, Lohkar had hopped backwards. In combat such as this, the movement would serve only to evade the immediate use of an opponent's weapon. Unless, of course, your own weapon had greater reach than theirs (Lohkar's didn't); or you had prepared a trap just where you had been standing, forcing them to walk over it to engage you (Lohkar hadn't); or your opponent was somehow rooted to the ground, and thus unable to close the distance (Lohkar's wasn't)...

...or you were standing with your back to the edge of a lily-pad.

Lohkar was.

The pirate captain disappeared into the water with a splash. The Fe-Lesterin stared, non-plussed, at the white foam where her target had been. What was the point in that? She was still fully armed and ready to fight, his friends were still under attack...

...and the grapnel was still attached to her midriff.

Underwater, Lohkar 'stood' upside-down, legs braced against the underside of the lily-pad. Bubbles danced tiny conga-lines from his nose. He tightened the sling on his Grapnel Gun until it was firmly strapped to his torso, glanced upwards (or downwards, depending on your perspective), aaaaaaaand pressed the reel-in button.

More bubbles streamed from the Gun as its motors revved up for a second time, and the cable tautened. Up above, the Fe-Lesterin gasped as she felt herself yanked forwards once again. Try as she might, her feet could not find purchase on the slippery lily-pad and she was pulled head-first into the water.

Seeing the shimmering surface explode as his quarry plunged through it, Lohkar kicked off from the pad and started swimming downwards, his torso linked to hers by a few metres of cable which was already beginning to drag her down deeper into the bay. Ever tried to out-swim a Ga-Lesterin? You'd be better off trying to catch a Takea shark with a fishing rod.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Doomslayer was not having a good day.

The MEANIE-PU was so mean that he threw the BOOM Doomie had given him away. And ruining his GRINAED LAWNCHAIR, too! It was only out of his sheer awesome that he knew the EVULZ was out to get him and made a tactical retreat behind some Matoran's house. But what could he do to fight such a big stick-in-the-mud he couldn't even get hit? Shushing himself, he looked out from behind the wall.

A fellow epic hero, such as his illustrious self, had come to poke the PUPIEHED! Doomie grinned. Now was his chance to prove himself companion to that dashing man! Maybe they could even be friends. His eyes lit up. The two BFFs, together forever, doing friend things like punching people in DA FAEC and singing songs and playing with CAPPIE and RAKKIE...

He hoped Raknar wouldn't be mad.

"STOOPITFAEC!" While the aforementioned villain was distracted, Doomie would assist his new companion in Mr. Heroman. He pulled out a BOOMFRUIT and chucked it at the MEANIE-PU. If it stuck, maybe Mr. Heroman could poke it. And then they would be bound forever by BOOM. He drooled a little at the thought. "EAT LETTUCE!"

The cloak observed the other motionless figure. It made no effort to act yet, though. More evidence was required before it could deem the being either a threat or an ally. Until then, the specter remained stationary.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC Merla

First instinct: duck. That way, she would avoid the full brunt of the attack, though there would still be convection to worry about.

A chair flying out of left field took care of the issue for her.

"Well, that was random," Merla thought. Still, the situation had escalated. The hostage taker had shown violent intent, and was not willing to give up his prisoner. This meant that use of force was now an option... it did mean that, didn't it?

So the moment she was sure there was no more danger from plasma, Merla used an attack of her own. A pressurized water blast to the toa's arm, to loosen his grip, followed by a maintained stream just as powerful as the first to the solar plexus, to knock the wind out of him. "Okay, now what?"

IC:(Kol)

The Onu-Matoran groaned. A Toa of gravity. As his bolt came back for him, he vertically rolled as to keep his momentum while continuing to move. His next movement was decidedly less tactical to the immediate situation. The Toa archer had found new enemies, and so Kol switched focus: he dived into the water of the deck. In the chaos of the skirmish, he would likely be forgotten. As soon as he hit the water, he swam at an admirable pace until he was directly under the hut where the hostage was being held. He was a military man, and that meant saving anyone in immediate danger.

Siroh, assist me.

Pictures of death and torture shot through his head, the feelings of loss and affliction taking over his body. This was where his Parakuka and himself had been united, and this was what they would remember every time he transformed. A final image of two demonic eyes stuck to a face as cold as the depths of the ocean appeared in Kol's head as his physical faculties were bolstered.

The hostage taker heard a loud noise from behind them as Kol burst through the ground, but didn't have time to react before he leapt, hoping to wrap an arm around the Toa's neck and take him to the ground.

Edited by Douglas

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Mercs

The Lesterin of Iron was not expecting that tactic in the slightest, though she didn't let her surprise get the better of her. The amount of time it took for Lohkar to drag her underneath the waves had given her ample opportunity to ready herself with a deep intact of breath.

She felt the pressure begin to rise as she was pulled deeper and deeper into the bay, and she had no doubts over who out of the two of them could hold their breath the longest. Rather than waiting for the lack of air to pull her into unconsciousness, the Fe-Lesterin decided to do something about it. Sliding her blade back into it's sheath on her back, she grabbed a hold of the device currently latched to her torso armor. And then she pulled.

Eventually, the metal claws gave way, and one of them bent back just far enough for her to pry the rest off of her.

Now free, and in a slightly better position than before, she decided against pursuing the Ga-Lesterin, and rather stick with the mission. As much as she would've liked giving him a good kick where it'd hurt. Not wasting any time, the grey-armored being made her way back to the surface, hauling her soaked form back onto the nearest lily-pad.

Watching the bamboo stick make it's journey over his head, which was shortly joined by the person who threw it via teleportation, as well as the madu making it's way towards him from another angle out of the corner of his eye, the Ba-Toa raised a palm upward towards the more immediate threat.

Verak's strategy, as brilliant, heroic, daring, risky, crazy, and insane as it was, relied on one very important fact: things fall to the ground. And while that fact wasn't subject to change anytime soon in nature, fighting a Toa of Gravity made such things a bit... different. Thus why Verak found himself not falling towards the purple-armored being below him, but rather lazily floating in the air, as if held up by invisible strings.

With the Toa of Sand out of the picture for at least a few seconds, the Ba-Toa directed his energies towards the explosive making it's way towards him. Rather than sending it back like he had done before, the Toa merely changed it's trajectory slightly. More specifically, behind a Kakama-wearing Toa of Iron standing below him.

The Skakdi didn't seem to keen on finding out what would happen if that cloud of metal made it's way towards him, and jumped to the side to buy himself some time from getting to that point of discovery. Luckily, a solution presented itself in the form of a gift from the heavens, as the madu which the Ba-Toa behind Kale had directed downward arced behind said Toa of Iron. His permanent grin growing, the Skakdi glanced at the projectile, which suddenly decided it was time to explode after the Skakdi's impact vision slammed into it.

Regardless if the point-blank explosion from behind did any damage to the Fe-Toa, it most likely would disrupt his concentration, and the Skakdi used the time provided to charge forward.

So a chair appearing out of nowhere was an unexpected defense, though the Toa of Plasma didn't think to much of it. Especially after the resultant flash of light made the source of the chair plainly visible, even under the cloak of his Volitak. His enemies identified, the Toa of Plasma's Kanohi, a Calix, began to glow.

Just as Merla shot two intense jets of water towards him, he felt the floor open up just behind him. Going on instinct, the orange-armored Toa used his Calix-enhanced abilities to duck down and slide to the side, holding Nixie in his arm like one might a child.

Of course, this meant that the jets of water had no target, perhaps besides the Parakuka-boosted Kol which had leapt into the air. Seeing as momentum was a funny thing, dodging them while in mid air might prove difficult.

Now standing off to the side, the Toa of Plasma unlimbered a tulwar from his back, the blade glowing with his elemental energy.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: "Gray" (Fowadi)

For as much as she could go on about the beauty of undisturbed nature, how important the serenity of still waters were to her, or the frisky whistle of a cold breeze as it brushed past her, she was still capable of one thing.

She could still get bored.

She looked around, spotting a Matoran of the element of Air over on the other ship. She looked rowdy, definitely a bit of a wild nature about her, especially considering the bandana.

She was, in some ways, an outcast, much like herself. Reaching out from between the foldings in her cloak, she waved at the Le-Matoran.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Mimira

Mimira spotted someone on the other ship, the Fowadi as she recalled. Mimira knew the ship well, her brother had many friends that were associated with that vessel, though they didn't appear to be on the ship right now. Where was her brother?

She decided to wave back at the stranger.

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:(Kol)

The water jets had impact, each hitting Kol dead on. How stupid do you have to be to shoot a projectile at someone with a hostage in the first place? he thought. He was quickly back on his feet, drawing his saperka. His opponent held what looked to be some kind of cutlass- talwar, maybe? -tinted by elemental energy. That might require some acrobatics to get past.

Kol jabbed at the Toa's shins, hoping to strike quickly and recoil to avoid the Toa's plasma.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Suran

"Out of the puddle," the Marine said, "Into the downpour." The Lesterin of Iron might have thought for a moment that her opponent had somehow beaten her to the surface, now faced with a second Lesterin of Water standing just before her. His hand rested calmly on the hilt of his sheathed sword, his body poised to strike or dodge.

IC: Aar

This was chaos. There was no semblance of teamwork on their side at all, allowing their enemies to swat them aside like flies. "Come on, get in control..." he muttered quietly.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

"I'm Mimira!" She exclaimed to the Toa. Mimira's child-like voice was naturally loud, so the Toa definitely heard her. Plus the ships were side by side so the point was moot.

"What's your name?" Mimira decided to ask, both out of curiosity and because it was the polite thing to do.

She'd presented herself, given up her identity, a minor gesture of trust, but of trust nonetheless.

And as always when she was asked her name, she handed them her nickname.

"I am called 'Gray' by others"

Once again, her mastery over sound granted her an artificial voice with which to communicate. A flat, emotionless voice, but a voice nonetheless

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"That's neat!" Mimira thought it was a pretty cool nickname. She wished someone would give her a cool nickname.

There was some awkward silence that followed, Mimira quickly came up something to talk about.

"I have a brother in the Gukko Force. He's a Commander. He's kind of a dork but he's always been nice to me, took care of me, and let me become a pirate."

"You mean Gukko and Kahu? I have a Kahu! He's actually on the ship right now! Hey Mistweaver!" Mimira called. There was an immediate response in the sound of a bird like-cry that could only come from a Kahu. There was quick flapping of wings as a large bird flew up from the other side of the Infernavika and descended down towards them. He landed on the deck near Mimira, poking his head toward her. He appeared to be a bit smaller than the average Kahu, he wasn't fully grown yet.

IC: Doomie frowned. His efforts to stop TEH MEANIE-PU had been thwarted. Again. His BOOM had been thrown back at him. Again.

He supposed it was time for another change in tactics.

"YOU DON'T LIKE 'FETCH'..."

Said "change in tactics" constituting telekinetically flinging the BOOMFRUIT instead of physically. Doomie's heroic willpower would surely allow the fruit to search and destroy that villainous smirk without hurting Mr. Heroman. That's how all the heroes did it in books, anyway, and Doomie was going to be a hero in a gazillion hundred thousand million books when he grew up.

"WHAT ABOUT 'HOT POTATO'?"

Edited by Kamina

[Profiles]

A bird, a Kahu, a windrider's steed. The Matoran's loyal friend, by the looks of it a youngling, was a clearly healthy speciemen. She smiled upon seeing it.

She called out to Mistweaver in its own language, granted to her by her powers, sending a message of greeting to it.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

She smiled, feeling safer by the minute as she let the bird know her name.

She knew Mistweaver understood her, she'd grown to realize that Rahi were in certain ways far more intelligent than "society" usually gave them credit for. She wanted the bird to know she understood just how smart he could be.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Kale Ironshaper- Ga-koro- Nixie's Hut

IC: Kale was knocked to the ground, the cloud of metal falling and allowing the Skakdi past. Slightly disoriented he looked up and saw the rather large Skakdi about to smash his head into the ground. Since that would put rather a damper on his plans, the Toa of Iron rolled to the side, allowing the lily pad take the blow in his stead.

Activating his kakama, he blurred away, reappearing near the lump of former cloud of metal with his rahkshi staff in his hands. With a thought, the metal flowed up and around him in a grey haze. Slowly, he started walking towards the Skakdi with a smirk on his lips. Deciding that some banter was called for he called out over the sounds of battle.

"Is that the best you can do? Can't even crush a puny Toa without help from others?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Gavarm tossed the cigar off-board. "Sca-rew it," He muttered, kicking his Ussal slightly as he drew his long sword and saperka.

"Colonel?"

"Off th' boat," The officer drawled. He gave a cursory glance to the vacant alley, all civilians abandoning it at the sound of gunfire. It would do as his highway to the scene of action. He settled into a high guard to bring his blades down with greatest force.

"Chargin' dem sons uhv guns, Form Fahve. Uhffective im-med-i-uht-ly."

[Profiles]