BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: An oiled madu slipped into Verak's waiting palm.

"GO GO GADGET BOOMFRUIT!"

IC- Verak
"HIIII-YA!" I yelled, chucking the bomb fruit with all my might at the Iron Toa mercenary, spinning once to give the throw more power.
But I saw the mercenary look up at the fast approaching fruit, and instinctively he began to raise his palms to gravitationally deflect it. "Not this time, brother," I growled, having had enough of those foolish gravity powers. My eyes narrowed and I swung my bamboo stick violently at the air. Then, at the fastest point of my swing, I teleported right next to the man, so that my pole was perfectly lined up to smash him in the stomach. I barely noticed what happened next- I couldn't even tell you if I had hit him. It was all lost in a haze of adrenaline fueled action and instinctive reactions. I just remember turning around to catch the bomb I had thrown, spinning, and swinging my arm with the explosive fruit held tightly in my hand towards the gravity toa's unprotected mask.
Wait a minute. Maybe this wasn't wasn't the best idea.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Liano

Fishing wasn't something Liano did very often. It wasn't something he particularly enjoyed either; he was uncomfortable around water, though that wasn't to say he was a terrible swimmer. He simply preferred the feeling of steady ground beneath his feet, and the gentle waves rocking his skiff proved to be the opposite. Even Ga-Koro had unnerved him before, still did from time to time, but he'd gotten used to the village after a few weeks. Mostly.

Despite his discomfort, he proved just as excellent a fisherman as he was a hunter. He was patient, quick to react at the slightest tug of his line and when he grew tired of waiting, he worked up the courage to dive beneath the waves. Armed with a spear and a mask, Liano was just another predator out in the deep, efficient and deadly. By the end of dawn, he'd caught his fair share of prey and when he felt satisfied with his work, he figured it was time to head back.

If anything, he enjoyed the rowing. A very basic exercise, but it was outdoors and he relished a good burn. The ride to the docks didn’t take very long, and with the morning sun nearing its peak, most of the villagers were up and going about their everyday business. A trip to the fish market left him with a smaller bag of widgets he would’ve liked. Fish were more common than land Rahi (or Tarakava, for that matter) but it didn’t bother him so much since he was doing it more for the experience than money.

As he begun his walk back to the inn, his keen eyes spotted a friendly face up ahead.

“Barthel!” he called out, approaching the fellow Sarsi. “Good morning. Where you headed?”

IC: Barthel Deliresi

As I walked through Ga-Koro, planing to find someway to train and blow off some steam, I heard a voice call my name. I looked around, a scowl still on my face. My view found my fellow Sarsi Liano approaching me. "Hey. I'm looking to get rid of some frustration, get some training in at the same time. Don't know whether I should look for a fight or try to find some Rahi so I can kill whatever I fight. Just something to calm me down. You got any suggestions? I'm sure we could find something or someone to fight together if you want."

It may have seemed my inviting him as a gesture of trust or friendship or whatever, but in truth it would just feel good to be able to recover some of the image with my allies I had likely lost during that last fight. One final thought had crossed my mind to comment on. "Maybe they have some sort of fighting club or something around here. Could get some WIdgets at the same time."

sml_gallery_51411_140_31138.png

IC: Tarnok and Gavarm fell upon the Skakdi as iron thunderbolts flung by the storm of their charge. Longsword jabbing for his groin and saperka slicing at his midsection, the Skakdi was assailed by attacks from two directions that cut below his defenses. Those same defenses were crippled as Fraxn's Telekinesis shoved the shroud onto the Skakdi's eyes once more and kept it there. A blinded and shackled enemy could hardly fight back. Hindered as the Skakdi's torso was, his legs were yet free. Dendron rectified that with a wave of his weapon, causing vines to sprout from the ground and wrap themselves around the mercenary's shanks. Aar and Houren further obstructed escape by leading the Toa into a pincer formation around their enemy, weapons drawn as they cut off escape. Retreat was still possible if the foe ran back towards the hut. It would simply allow all six Ussalmen to take swings at the Po-Skakdi's unprotected rear.

Gavarm surveyed it all in mid-lunge, saperka balanced in his left hand as his right struck. He smiled.

"Yes, sah."

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

"Let's not go to the fight club..." Liano said, chuckling awkwardly. Barthel was already a bit of a loose cannon, a cause for concern really, so the fact that he wanted to fight someone raised a few red flags. The last thing the Sarsi needed was another one of his mishaps, least of all in the underground parts of Ga-Koro. That, and Liano doubted Barthel's odds of success in the ring.

"It'd be bad for our imagine, you know? If someone down there recognized you, it might discredit your reputation, possibly the whole team's in fact."

He paused slightly. Maybe this was an opportunity to do the guy some good.

"Tell you what, we'll go train on the beach. We can spar, I can teach you how to hunt, whatever you want. Sound good?"

I was a little disapointed with Liano's suggestion, as I couldn't really try to cut up one of my team mates. In a fight with a stranger I could aim for the legs, try to cause some long term damage, and all in all hopefully come out on top, as long as it wasn't someone like that brute who didn't stop regardless of what you hit him with. Against Liano I wouldn't even be able to aim for the eyes. Regardless I would at least have someone to fight and I wouldn't have to waste time trying to find someone else.

"Sure. Probably can get more training out of a fight that way." I knew Liano probably had better things to do then humor me, but then again maybe not. I still hadn't know much about the other Sarsi, and I thought this might be a good chance to learn a bit about Liano while getting my frustration out. Spending the time to get to know more about my team mates could help my rise to glory later. "Never been on a hunt before, closest I've ever came to something like that was this one time I was hiding out in Le-Wahi..." I started as I turned in the direction of the beach.

"You were hiding out in the jungle?" Liano quizzed, more curious than surprised. Judging from past experiences, he assumed someone had it in for him or the authorities were hot on his tail, who knew. This was probably one of many stories to tell.

As they neared the gates of the village, they both ended up standing on the edge of a platform not too far away from the sandy shores of the beach. Before Barthel could ask any questions, Liano only said "Small warm-up. See you there."

With a quick shove, Barthel was in the water and Liano shortly followed with a graceful dive, emerging to the water's surface in a front crawl. As he swam towards dry land, he occasionally peered back to make sure his friend wasn't drowning. Or trying to kill him, that worked too.

​As we approached the gates of the village we stopped at the edge of one of the pads. Liano spoke to me and as I turned to face him I found myself tumbling into the water. I lost all focus on Liano as I quickly tried to clamber back onto the the lily pad. I cared not what had happened to Liano when he wasn't there, as I hastily opened the pocket that contained my book and pulled it free. Luckily not much water had seeped into my pockets, something I had tried to ensure after I previous experience, in the time it took me to get back out of the water, leaving only one corner of it wet.

I set that corner on the ground in a panicked manner, planing to let the water drip out before I took any further actions to save it from water damage. "Please be all right. Please be all right." I was still angry and frustrated, but I was worried more about my book then fighting Liano. However, I intended to make full well known my displeasure when we trained after my book had recovered.

IC:

Vail grinned, happy to finally have company on one of his "errands".

"Of course! And what might that be, brother?"

IC: Voulge

Voulge practically beamed from ear to ear as he heard this and held up the ussal towards Vail's face

"First.. Don't call me brother.. Never been one for the term.. Call me something fancier like oh greatest of voulge.. something like that.. Second help me think up of a name for this little guy while we travel."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

The waters churned beneath each of Liano's strokes as he propelled himself towards the beach, rapidly closing the distance that led to sandy shores. The tips of his fingers eventually scratched sand, and soon he was stepping out of shallow waters. He turned around, eyes searching for any sign of Barthel though he hadn't budged an inch.

Liano sighed and sat down, drying in the morning sun and casting rocks in the water while he waited.

IC: Mercs

The gigantic Skakdi managed to backpedal far enough away from the two ussalmatoran to stay out of range of their low-aimed blows, his monstrous dagger held in his free hand. The Skakdi seemed to be prepared to retaliate despite the fact that he could only move three of four limbs. That is, until the metal covering his head shifted slightly, and once again covered his vision. Before he could reach up to change that, vines sprouting from the ground shot up to tangle his feet and legs.

His backwards momentum was suddenly translated into a backwards fall, as he tilted back onto the lilypad.

Verak might have felt some resistance from the Madu as he shoved it towards the Toa of Gravity's face, though it couldn't be anything more than said Toa trying to quickly enact his powers. Otherwise, nothing stopped Verak, in fact, the purple-armored Toa simply glanced up at the Toa of Sand, and locked eyes with him. He didn't speak, nor cry out, and his features were surprisingly calm.

Or, they were.

Before the resultant explosion completely took those features off, along with a fair bit of the Ba-Toa's head and neck. The fiery blast was specked with red, along with shards of purple and black armor. It wouldn't be hard to tell whether the merc was alive or not.

The part of the Toa's body that survived relatively intact was blown back into the water, a dark trail following it as it sank.

The Fe-Lesterin was already moving back and away as Suran's hand reached out to grab her wrist, the range between them given by her comparatively long blade allowing her to slide back with both feet, even with her counterpart's Calix-enhanced reflexes. She returned to her previous low stance just beyond the distance at which she could effectively use her weapon, her backsword held up and parallel to her body in a much more defensive posture.

However, she was unable to react as Kol, having appeared from the water behind her, slashed towards the back of her knees. The blow itself did no damage her armor, given her elemental affinity, though it was certainly enough force to knock her forward onto one knee. She let out a cry of surprise, though managed to keep her sword in hand and held relatively up.

The Lesterin of Iron didn't immediately stand up, though her gaze was still fixed upon Suran, or rather, something behind him.

Something wasn't right, as the scowl that had dominated her features before gave way to a look of fear, and then shock as the sound of an explosion rang out behind the Lesterin of Water.

"No!"

At that, she stood up once again, this time facing both of her opponents.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC

The explosion blossomed into a bright flower of flame, swelling up over the lilypad and letting out a loud boom. When the fire and the noise and the smoke faded away, it revealed the damage done.

The lilypad itself was slightly scorched, blackened and smoking and smelling of burnt vegetable.

The body of the gravity toa sank down slowly beneath the surface of the water, staining the water it had travelled through, red, and leaving a few chunks of his head lying on the ground.

Of the man who had smashed the explosive into the mercenary, all that remained were a few shards of brown metal.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: (Kol)

Realizing that his opponent's affinity left him at a disadvantage, Kol quickly swapped to an alternate weapon hanging at his back: a saperka. He had abandoned his standard one, as it identified him as a soldier of Onu-Koro. This one, however, was even more true to his past. See, though standard Ussalry saperkas were forged of metal, this was born from the elemental powers of Sulov Koskium, a unique ceramic just as trusty as any metal. He leveled it at the Lesterin, prepared to strike.

"Stand down."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

After much of the water had dripped out I opened a few of the pages and let them dry. And then I did the same to the next few pages. And the next. After the lengthy process was done and my book had as little damage from the water as I could manage I picked it back up and began my trek to the beach.

"Why in the name of Mata Nui did you push me into the water!?" I called out to Liano as I began to close the distance between us. "Were you trying to ruin everything I had on me!?" After a heavy breath I began to mumble. "Who knows how long it's going to take to dry my clothing."

"Sorry." Liano replied, tone flat as he didn't really mean it. Barthel had given him enough time to fully dry, run out of rocks to throw and he'd gotten so bored that he'd taken the liberty to take a few potshots at a nearby tree for target practice. Within the circles he carved in its oak, only the bullseye had been struck.

"That was supposed to be our warm up. I'll be more careful next time."

With that said, he set his quiver aside along with his bow. It was time to get this show on the road.

"So here are the rules: no weapons, no powers. The rest is fair game." Liano explained, assuming a stance, hands raised. "Don't hold back, because I won't."

"You make the first move."

IC:

The current roster of the ongoing fight outside of Nixie's home had apparently decreased by two with the explosion of a Madu fruit. If the concerned citizens who had been watching this current brawl weren't horrified before, they were now, and screaming at that.

A handsome, dashing, former prince heard their cries. He swooped into the scene on a white stallion, brandishing his rapier as it glistened in the sun.* As he came upon the hut he stopped dead in his tracks, raising his rapier to the sky. All contenders in this gruesome fight found vines growing from whatever platforms they stood on, which quickly began to wrap around whatever limbs they could, attempting to immobilise them all. This of course was quite a strain on the young marine, using so much elemental power, but he knew his fellow marines would not be far behind to back him up.

"In the name of the Akiri stand down immediately and surrender to the Marines! I do not recommend ignoring these instructions if you want to remain healthy during your interrogations!"

*actually he was eating an apple, which he had to drop to see what the explosion was about on foot.

OOC: And suddenly, an actual MARINE appears to quell the fighting and civil unrest.

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Liano apologized, but it didn't sound as if he had meant it. But that didn't matter, the fact he was willing to apologize was enough. After speaking a bit more he set his weapon to the side and declared the rules for the training match. I didn't like the rules. My weapons and elemental powers were my main form of combat. I didn't know the first thing about fisticuffs. "I don't like to fight close range like this, but I could use the training."

I set my Chakram on the sand, soon followed by my coat, glasses, and my book which I had still been carrying. A quick smirk crossed my face before disappearing. He had said no powers, so he wouldn't use his Kanohi. But a little extra balance from my mask would be undetectable. I, not knowing any better from great lack of experience fighting like that, charged Liano planing to slug him in the face.

Aiming for the face was more or less what Liano had expected. He didn't know how much experience Barthel possessed, though considering his own, he wasn't all too worried about his chances in this fight. He figured he'd take it easy for the beginning of the fight and adjust accordingly.

Remaining still in his stance, he waited for Barthel to get close, waited for him to swing and when he saw his opportunity, he took it. In one fluid movement, Liano ducked to avoid the blow, eyes poised on his opponent as the arm swiped at the air over his head. Barthel's chest was wide open for an attack, but in lieu of a fist, an open palm thrust forward as he attempted to push him away rather than hit him full on in the ribs.

Voulge rolled his eyes and proceeded to fist bump Vail

"This is just a fist-bump.. nothing else.. However chose a target on that list and let's head off."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Liano ducked, disappearing from my immediate sight, and I knew something bad was to come. I was quickly proven right when a blow hit me in the chest, knocking the air out of me and sending me sprawling backwards. I tumbled and fell flat on my back, staring up at the sky as I gasped for air. I regained my breath and got back on my feet, staring at Liano for a second, before charging again. This time I had a better plan.

Knowing I wouldn't be able to make him hit the ground in a fair fight, I charged at him acting like I was going to take another swipe at his face. This time, however, after I got closer I leapt at his legs, planing to try and bring him to the ground. It was going to hurt if he dodged or not, but at least it would feel satisfying if I could take him down with me. Besides, he was going to send me into the sand no matter what I did.

It had not occurred to me that doing so would result in me grabbing his legs if successful, something unpleasant with my Haphephobia, until after I had already leapt.

Edited by Jack Frost

Voulge broght his hand back to his side as he considered Vail's question. He gently tapped at his chin as he debated

"Hmm.. been to onu-koro already.. infact woke up there.. So how about po-wahi?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Liano returned the stare, his eyes blank yet completely focused. He assumed the same waiting stance, hands positioned near his face while he readied the figurative springs in his legs. Barthel charged once more, arms poised to strike again. He could probably dodge the attack with ease, just like he did with those thugs from the day before, but he decided to stand his ground and launch another counterattack.

That proved problematic when Barthel dove for his legs, something he hadn't expected at all. Colliding with each other, he fell backwards, the sand cushioning his fall but dazing him all the same. Barthel was on top of his legs awkwardly, but his stomach was exposed, so Liano jolted his knee upwards in an attempt to hit his ribs or knock him off.

IC:

"Sounds good to me. Could use some dry weather. I'm tired of seeing water everywhere I look."

He took off the paper hat and threw it to Voulge.

"Looks like Lockmire's our guy. He's a biggun, but nothing we can't handle. Our first step in tracking him down is to look for clues in Po-Koro. He's likely somewhere in the area. I just got those crime reports last night. He killed a Toa of Air yesterday."

I was shocked as I had somehow managed to hit into Liano's legs and knock him to the ground. I thought he would likely have dodged the blow. I would have been overjoyed with my success if not for the pain of the impact as well as the fact that I was in contact with his legs. I started to roll off of his legs so I could try and strike him while he was down, but a sudden and painful blow got me before I could fully roll to the side. After the unexpected counter I managed to finish rolling off, landing on my back looking skyward once more.

"It worked..." I took a heavy breath before trying to haphazardly get back to my feet, grabbing a handful of sand while doing so, and using my mask in an attempt to cover any initial imbalance. "But that hurt like Karzahni. Remind me never to do that again." After steadying myself and shutting my Kanohi off I turned to face him and in the same motion threw the handful of sand at where Liano's eyes should be if he was on the ground. Should have made sure he was still there before throwing, but I wouldn't get any other chances. I had a feeling that Fate wasn't going to give me anymore lucky strikes. I had to try and get every advantage that I could.

Edited by Jack Frost

Voulge caught the paper hat and stuck it on the ussal's shell creating a bit of armor to keep it on. However as he grabbed one of the cylinders from his belt it formed into a cane with a simple touch of Voulge's power and he tapped it in a rather fancy matter. With another flick of his wrist a thin, metal top hat formed, the brim of the hat between his fingers as he placed the hat atop his head

"Chip chip. Sounds like an absolutely dashing good time. Tell me oh good sir do we know this cretins tactics? Like what weapons does he fancy?"

Voulge kept a rather serious expression during this whole exchange despite his obvious mockery of fanciness. Even the ussal atop his left shoulder seemed to be unbothered by the little paperhat atop his armor

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC (Lohkar)

Lohkar, having been overlooked by the newly-arrived Marine thanks to his rooftop perch and casual posture, decided he was really surplus to requirements as far as the fight was concerned, and thus quietly hopped down off the other side of the hut.

The escape of the actual point of the fight might have gone unnoticed by the multifarious people on the lilypad, but not by Lohkar's beady eyes: he'd spotted Prei swim Nixie to safety as he came up from his dive, and his position on the hut (whimsical as it might have seemed) was in fact a vantage point from which he had followed the two beings' movements in the waters of the bay.

Thus, it was only a short swim later that he emerged onto the beach, once again dripping wet, behind Prei and Nixie.

"Nice day for a swim, eh?"

Edited by Geisthande

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC (Lohkar)

"You'd be surprised. Raknar does soufflés."

Well, that was a lie, to be honest; to call a collapsing-confectionery-sinkhole-in-a-cup a 'soufflé' was a stretch of anyone but Raknar's imagination.

Edited by Geisthande

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png