BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: 'Look for cute waitresses'. Why do you think I went with an Akaku in the first place?  B-)

IC: Mar (Ga-Koro)

I take Rhea's order as a cue to separate from the group entirely, with my permanently scowling face and Kavinika companion making me a relatively suspicious individual anyway. Avier is an asset, not a companion, and Rhea is a game master, not a revered leader. I may consider myself not the sociable type, but it's remarkably hard for others to pick up on that sometimes.

IC: Wilmor (The Great Takea)

I shrugged something fierce.

"I'm not sure what else there is to say, although by all means this talk about seafood was terrible exciting"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: [ Rhea ] - Ga-Koro / Tidepool Inn & Tavern / common room

Ga-Koro didn't have much of a 'shady' district, and, in general, even less of a genuine criminal element. Really, the only obvious distinction between those areas inhabited by good-hearted Ga-Matoran commoners and those frequented by the somewhat rougher-cut denizens was the presence (or not) of alcohol and weaponry. Rum and cutlass, in particular.

Passing up a few rather shabby and mostly-deserted establishments, Rhea settled on the squat, happy-looking 'Tidepool Inn & Tavern'. It wasn't a large place, as inns and taverns went, but it was well-lit, fairly clean, and already quite busy through the night was just getting started. A less experienced rogue would no doubt have been discomfited by the hustle and bustle of a common room well-stocked, but in actuality, a chattering crowd and kindly chaos were the best sort of cover for one of her type. Quiet conversations would be lost in the din, and, to a lesser extent, so would a person wishing to avoid attention.

She stepped in without pausing at the threshold, letting her senses pick up the general mood and atmosphere of the place. Live music from beat-up wooden stage in the corner (Le-Skakdi drummer, Ga-Lesterin flutist); heavy but not unpleasant scents of food, drink, cigar smoke; solid wood planking underfoot, providing good balance and traction; potential dice-related conflict brewing in the southeast corner (Vortixx gambler, two Ga-Matoran fisherwomen, Su-Lesterin pirate).

The place was busy. Not a table nor a booth was entirely vacant; the nearest unoccupied chair was situated across from a rather nondescript male Toa of Iron, and beside a greasy little Le-Matoran sailor.

Better than nothing, I suppose.

Without fanfare, she stepped over and sat down, dumping her travel-worn knapsack on the floor by her feet, and even as she arrived, the Le-Matoran finished his meal and departed, leaving just her and the Fe-Toa at the table. She sat quietly for a moment, then glanced up and gave him a slight, almost apologetic half-smile.

He wore a Kanohi Kakama, Great Mask of Speed. Behind it, his eyes gleamed coppery-orange; careful, alert, but not exactly unfriendly.

"Good evening. Hope you don't mind company; I've only just arrived and am desperate for sustenance. How's the stew?"

OOC:

...there you go, Norik. Hope you don't mind my taking a bit of creative liberty with Kubrick's eye color; you hadn't noted it in his profile, so I went with something that'd match his armor color scheme. I can edit it if you like.

Edited by Shadowhawk

OOC: Oh,I don't mind at all. Feel free to continue if you see any opportunity. I'm not good at describing physical details in an eloquent way.

IC: Kubrick-[Tidepool]-[Eating Gunk]

The ex-mercenary looked up from the stew. Across the table sat an orange and white armoured Toa, slender and, well, attractive. She ggave him a gracious, almost apologetic smile.

"It's good if you don't mind paying widgets to have them melted down and served back to you. In other words, typical inn fare," Kubrick replied without stopping his eating. He continued to look up, scanning his surroundings. Several Toa had accompanied this female in and had separated, and Kubrick mentally took note.

IC: Treize

Having neever fished prior, Treize simply. Nodded, deciding that following her friend's instructions wou,d be the best course of action. Mata Nui forbid if she tried fishing herself - it would most likely end in tragedy.

So the duo made their way onto a small rowboat, and the captain began to move it out onto the water.

"Tell me when we get to there."

IC: [ Rhea / Nero ] - Ga-Koro / Tidepool Inn & Tavern / common room

Rhea grinned. "That bad, eh? Well, maybe I'll try the..."

A Ga-Matoran waitress appeared out of nowhere, brandishing a grease-stained menu upon which the green-eyed Su-Toa bestowed a courtesy glance. She already knew what it said; foodstuffs in the Village of the Sea were practically all the same, only differing levels of quality. Fish, shellfish, fish, maybe some vegetables from the inland farms, fish, and more fish. Good fish, bad fish, big fish, little fish. Fresh fish, spoiled fish. All fish. It was indeed a very fishy town.

"...most expensive house specialty you've got, if you please. And a glass of water. With ice."

A quizzical lift of the eyebrow, followed by an almost immediate note of incredulous suspicion in the cool sapphire gaze. "Ah... yes. You're sure? The most expensive...? And water...?"

"Yes, please." said the bounty hunter firmly. "And don't forget the ice."

"Alright." The waitress hesitated, like maybe she was going to ask for payment in advance, then gave Rhea a second sharp glance, decided against it, and scurried away.

At almost the same moment, a notably large and feral-looking Le-Toa drifted noiselessly in from the out-of-doors and prowled over to the bar. His single all-compassing glance betrayed nothing, and didn't slow or even alter course when it flicked over Rhea and the Toa of Iron.

IC: Kubrick - [Tidepool Inn & Tavern] - [Conversing]

The entrance of the large Toa was not lost on Kubrick, but he said nothing about him.

A few spoonfuls in and Rhea's iced water arrived.

"So, a pretty lady, undoubtedly capable of defending herself, like yourself comes in here and takes a seat in front of the most shady and quiet Toa in a smelly inn that sells fish and stew. What gives?" He asked, spooning another ball of gunk into his mouth. It wasn't that bad, to he honest.

All this Kubrick did, his eyes still guarded and careful but friendly, but now his attention was much more directed at the other Toa's response.

IC Surina

(Ga-Koro, Prison):

Surina never blinked when she replied: "Trading places with you was what I was attempting all along... if I was in your place, I would not let you live if you threatened my life."

IC:

"You're not leaving me many loopholes to throw you through. Am I supposed to spite your deathwish by allowing you to live? Or should I feel sad that you've given up?" Hahli looked like she wasn't in the mood to do much of either. "Do you want to die?" The answer once would have been obvious, but Eutuchia had been less sure when he started keeping track of the Ga-Matoran for the Akiri. Hahli had to see for herself.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC Surina

(Ga-Koro, Prison):

"Of course I don't want to die!" Surina spat weakly. "But spending months at the sea on a lousy excuse of a boat with barely any supplies makes you think about life and death. I'm supposed to be dead by now, yet I live. That has given me a new point of view. Whether I live or die now, I know I was never meant to set foot on this island after my death sentence."

Surina sighed and lowered her head. "It's funny how things change. I tried to assassinate you because I felt that would give me something more than I had... but my life was pretty good before that attempt. I guess I ruined my own destiny."

IC:

I opened my mouth to speak.

I closed it again.

I proceeded to try and smile, but the awkward situation only uncovered an awkward attempt at movement in my lower face.  

"Thank you, miss," I said as I took hold of my plate and my glass, before I walked over to the table where the aforementioned Po-Skakdi was sitting, an easy smile on his face. Setting my dishes down on its surface, I took a seat across from him.

"So," I began, dribbling vinaigrette over the salad, "apparently you may or may not have a job opening, Mr...?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Wilmor (The Great Takea)

"I think I'll try my hand as well" I remarked upon seeing the other Lesterin approach the Skakdi.

"I seem to feel a personal obligation to ensure he doesn't kill you in your sleep"

IC: Mar (Tidepool Inn & Tavern)

I order a drink and sit down by myself, a lot has happened, and I need time to think

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Raknar looked right in Wilmor's face and laughed, showing the amount of stock he put in both the Lesterin's ability to protect them and of being killed in his sleep.

"Raknar Seprillian," he introduced himself anyway, looking at the salad curiously over his down-homey plate of burgers and french fries. "Captain of the Southern Charm. You a vegetarian or something?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

The Vo-Toa, having resumed her seat faster than any of the others could blink, chuckled as she took a long sip from her drink. "I'm not too worried about dying in my sleep. Hasn't happened yet, and I served on a pretty screwy crew for a while."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: [ Rhea ] - Ga-Koro / Tidepool Inn & Tavern / common room

The Toa of Plasma took a careful sip of her drink, noting the inevitable, but not unpleasant hint of brine amidst the chilled water. Ga-Koro was that way; freshwater was never quite fresh, no matter how hard its denizens tried to filter or preserve it. The sea was everywhere here, even where it technically wasn't.

She took another sip, then set the glass down, her slim, steel-fibred fingers still resting idly against its vapor-frosted crystal walls.

"You think too much, I fear. You assume I am interested in you, though you haven't a clue who I am; you assume I came here for the purpose of deliberately casting myself into your path, though you haven't a clue why I would..."

Her eyes were amused, but sharp. Intrigued. More commanding now than cautious, and more than trifle thoughtful.

"Or do you? Should I be interested in you? This is a place for pirates, deckhands, roustabouts and the like; you do not fit the common cut any more than I."

IC: "Last I checked, nobody's tried to kill me in my sleep." Sudo piped in cheerily, with a sly look that added a nonverbal "...successfully". to the end of his statement.

Really, though. If you barely sleep and never tell anyone where...

What? Come on, that counts.

"Although I may have to watch out for your main squeeze here, Raknar. I get the strange sense she doesn't like me too much." he said with a laugh, and his patented "joking around mate keep your cool" smile flashing towards the Song in question.

helo frens

IC:

"Hardly," I replied with a smile, brushing aside a few leaves of lettuce to reveal the tuna beneath. "Nor am I likely to kill anyone in their sleep. I mean, look at me. I'm a twig."

I took a bite of fish, swallowed, washed it down with some bula. "They call me the Angler. So, what sort of ship is the Southern Charm?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Apparently, we're a recruiting one." Raknar gave Song an exaggerated look and pulled the Toa of Lightning into his lap; she provided only as much pretend resistance as was necessary and he returned his look to the bony Lesterin. "Well-paying. Never boring. Vaguely legal."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME