BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Sudo quickly planted himself in Song's former seat, now fully apart of the group.

"Yeah, I'd like to know myself." he said, in the most serious sentence of the conversation so far. "May as well get an idea of what I'm in for."

helo frens

IC:

"Your job? Listen to him," The Vo-Toa pointed just behind her, very much unfazed by her change in location. In point of fact, she lazed almost as comfortably as when she'd occupied a seat. "And listen to me. He's the captain, I'm the first mate, and I'll be delighted to actually be in charge of someone again."

"More specifically speaking, duties'd be divided up based on your skill set. We need sailors, of course, someone to run the darn kitchen, someone to keep track of supplies, et cetera."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Is that what this is about?" Tillian asked, sitting on the piano bench and throwing his legs over Liara's lap so she couldn't stand. "Me being away?"

IC:

"You don't actually have to listen to her if you don't want. She just sits up here and barks at things all day."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Says the Skakdi that listens."

IC:

"Of course not." The Le-Toa replied, not showing much of a reaction to the barring of her escape. Absently, she let her fingers keep moving, maintaining a quiet, simple tune. "You're an adult, I'm an adult. You left the village, you're perfectly within your rights to do so. I could have chosen to try and track you down, but I didn't. I stayed here, made this place."

"Holding a grudge or somehow being hurt by that would be ridiculous."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: Leaving a Song post til after everyone else has a chance to post.

IC:

Silence reigned for a few moments after the Ba-Toa's comment, while the doctor's fingers kept dancing gracefully across the piano's keys. It was a silence that felt very much like a pause, a pause that was, after a moment, ended.

"Is there a point you're driving at, Til? A question you want the answer to?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Tillian breathed out heavily and put his arm around Liara's shoulders, leaning into her collar with his face and staring at the piano. "I just want to know you don't hate me. For anything."

-Tyler

Edited by Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"..."

"Hating you is pretty far outside of what I'm capable of." The Le-Toa sighed, fingers finally falling still. She picked her mug up off of the piano, taking a long sip of her coffee to fill the moment of quiet. "I don't hate you, or any of the others."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Kubrick

Kubrick considered. What was this Toa hinting at? He noticed her change in expression, giving off more than a hint of control.

"If you do not fit this 'common cut', then what are you? Indeed, why would you come here?" Kubrick replied carefully, sipping another spoonful of stew.

"As to the other question of whether you should be interested in me... Let's just say, you would only benefit from that interest if you need, well, someone's head cut off their shoulders, as opposed to needing my head cut off."

IC: [ Rhea ] - Ga-Koro / Tidepool Inn & Tavern / common room

"I am Rhea Heartsflame." said the Su-Toa quietly, not emphasizing the words but simply letting them stand for what they were. "You may know the name; perhaps not. I do not claim to be well known, and that is preferable. By profession, I am a bounty hunter, which is to say, a complex, many-faceted combination of mercenary, treasure hunter, gypsy, bandit, and all-around freelancing adventurer."

She considered that a moment, deemed it a satisfactorily romantic description. Descriptions were important.

"And knowing who I am, you will perhaps find your second question answered."

Her meal would be here soon, she reflected. Preferably sooner than later; she had not realized till now the extent of her hunger. Nourishment, and the enjoyment of it, was also important.

"But enough about me... I would like to ask you something. You implied that you are a sellsword, a hired killer. Would you, promptly and efficiently and without regret, murder in cold blood a fellow sentient if I asked such a thing of you, and made it worth your time and effort?"

IC: (J'Con)

"Of course not. I will lay down on the bed I've placed in this cove. This way I won't accidentally injure myself," he stated plainly. Little did Syvra know, should he kill J'Con, the Toa would simply possess the other body he had in stasis.

Laying in the aforementioned bed, he activated his mask and his spirit kicked off, taking flight at blinding speed.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: Elysi and Zelvin from Ta-Wahi

IC: Zelvin (Ga-Koro)

Elysi and Zelvin's walk to Ga-Koro had been comfortable, if not overly pleasant or enjoyable. They had at the very least managed to compare a note or two on work and experiences, but it was when they got around to discussing leisure that things took a different turn.

"I don't know about you, but I for one have a fondness for Ko-Koronan meditation techniques, it helps me think, I rather like thinking"

Edited by Gyro Gearloose

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Kubrick - [Tidepool Inn and Tavern] - [serious Business]

For all iintents and purposes Kubrick looked completely unruffled. He ate another spoonful and set the utensil down.

"I would do any job that makes good use of my skills and expertise if the compensation is enough to outweigh any risks and dangers of the job.

"Although... There are a few very specific things I wouldn't do, and I doubt you would ask me to do them. We seem to share an occupation, so you know what I mean," Kubrick's tone made it clear what he meant by that. His eyes were still guarded but now they were obviously studying Rhea for clues and cues.

IC: Zelvin (Ga-Koro)

"It would indeed be most regrettable, truly" Zelvin agreed as they walked into the village proper. Zelvin looked remarkably at home in the village, given her color scheme, the shades of blue that adorned the vast majority of passers-by, also outlined her own body, the difference came when you looked into her eyes, seeing the deep shade of purple that resided there, like a dark, though not malicious, energy that coursed through her veins. Zelvin smirked as she removed her hood, feeling refreshed by the salty air.

"Ga-Koro is one of my favorite Koros"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Zelvin (Tidepool Inn & Tavern)

"Then how about we step inside somewhere to escape from it?" Zelvin suggested, scoping out a small, quaint little place called the 'Tidepool Inn & Tavern'

"This should do nicely" she said as she walked inside, stopping for a moment to cast a glance at the patronage.

Pirates, Sailors, Merchants, Mercenaries, Bounty Hunters, a little bit of everything spread out neatly around the room.

"How do you think, Elysi, in here there's bound to be someone with a job opening for us" Zelvin posited as she found them a table near one of the walls, not sitting too far from a moping Toa of Sonics who'd given them a thorough rundown with his Akaku before returning to his own business. Zelvin could sense the readiness of some of the people in the room, and she liked what she saw.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Elysi

Elysi's eyes flickered from one patron to another, her lightning-quick glances sizing up each and every one of the beings within the tavern. Most were armed, and if she was unready, quite dangerous as well. At least none were hostile. Good - she hated it when people interrupted her; it made life far too difficult, especially when her occupation was already filled with so many risks.

"Of course," she replied, gaze returning to Zelvin, who sat across the table from her. "That's what places like this are for."

After all, she'd been in many similar inns in her career.

She seemed pleased by his answer, and nodded slightly in understanding. "That is well, and to be commended. I am, wholly and unquestionably, of a mind with you concerning this. One can be ruthless, without lacking chivalry; one can be merciless, without lacking honor. But if one is bound by no limits at all... no respect for certain pillars foreordained..."

She paused, eyes distant.

"Even the darkness, frightening and harsh though it can be at times, bares its fangs without hesitation in the face of true and undiluted evil. Remember that sentiment, hold it close; it is indeed a crucial element of the code our kind must follow. Grey is a color... but blackness is void."

Edited by Shadowhawk

The waitress returned a moment later, bearing a platter of what looked like hot, greasy fish-and-chips with a side of some sort of fresh green vegetable. Although common fare, it didn't look too bad at all; quite the opposite, in fact. Quite possibly even worth the money.

Rhea waited until the
said personage had gone, and gone far, before replying.

"When I came here, I must admit, it was with only the vaguest intentions of seeking out an ally, and I chose to interact with you merely on a passing whim. But... you have... captured my interest, and that is not so easily done when it is of Rhea Heartsflame that we speak. Congratulations."

She inclined her head in a courtly gesture of salute.

"You are alert. You are cautious. And you can think, which is an invaluable and an uncommon trait. Again, congratulations... and as for that 'little something', I am fully willing and capable of providing you with a long-term or permanent position in a sort of legion-for-hire I am presently engaged in forging."

Yet again, she felt desperately the need for adequate description. So little was in a single word...! And yet, so much.

"A bounty hunter's guild. A tactical supply network, wheeling and dealing in not only the raw implements necessary for warfare, but in the very warriors themselves. The concept is simple. Hired predators have rarely, if ever, been anything more than lone and independent operators; I intend to-- nay, I am-- recruiting and melding a most promising selection of the very elite into a cohesive fighting unit, an organization capable of taking on more dangerous, more challenging, and much more profitable assignments than any one of its individual members could handle on their own. A wolf pack, and in time, perhaps an empire of sorts."

"Would you be interested?"

OOC:

So yeah. That's it in a nutshell. :)

OOC: Oh yeah. :)

IC: Kubrick - [Tidepool Inn and Tavern] - [Receiving an offer he cannot refuse]

Kubrick's face revealed only a passing interest, but he was churning with anticipation inside.

A guild? That sounds... Well, it's never been done before but if what this Rhea says is true...

Outwardly, the Toa of Iron seemed to ponder for a few seconds.

"Yes, I believe I am very interested in your offer.

"One question, do you already have the means to this... Wolf pack as you put it or are we in the process of forging it? I wish to know a little more before signing on the line, so to speak."

OOC: Don't worry the deal is already done. He just wants to know more.

The white-cloaked female lifted her fork and slid it carefully under a crispy slice of deep-fried Ruki, casually lowering her gaze as she did so to conceal the sudden flame of savage triumph in her eyes. She was no fool; when a habitually emotionless being (case in point; this particular Fe-Toa) revealed any trace of emotion at all, the revealing meant a great deal indeed.

"That is a question I can answer easily enough... but I, also, would like to know a little more. Your name, for starters."

"Right," Kubrick let a small smile slip onto his face.

"I was kind of holding that off until I knew more, but I suppose I can provide a name."

Kubrick paused a second. Should he use a pseudonym?

"I'm known Kubrick," he said after a short discussion in his head.

"What else do you need to know?" kubrick called for frsh water.

IC: Zelvin & Mar (Tidepool Inn & Tavern)

Zelvin's mask primed her senses to what was going on in the Tavern, and her ears recieved extra attention as she wanted to avoid being caught staring. As she gave herself to the buzz, something singled out...

"I intend to-- nay, I am-- recruiting and melding a most promising selection of the very elite into a cohesive fighting unit, an organization capable of taking on more dangerous, more challenging, and much more profitable assignments than any one of its individual members could handle on their own. A wolf pack, and in time, perhaps an empire of sorts."

Aaaaaah, that declaration, it oozed of ambition, of an unflinching drive to succeed, a boiling undercurrent of Makuta-may-care rebellion. Zelvin couldn't help herself, she had to turn her head and look.

And there she was, a young Toa of Plasma, presently engaged with a Toa of Iron Zelvin now knew was a prospective member of this "Wolf Pack" the Su-Toa wanted to create. She was a beautiful young woman, and she looked prepared, arrogant, admittedly, but also ready.

Zelvin turned her head away, and leaned towards Elysi instead.

"That Su-Toa over there," she began, nodding slightly in that direction "I'm making out words like 'bounty hunter's guild' and 'recruiting', even 'empire'. That over there is what I'd call a prime opportunity, wouldn't you say?"

-

Rhea's description of her ambition grew more and more colorful by the day, and as usual I heard every word, silent watchman that I was. I frowned as I tried to process what I'd just heard.

"A wolf pack, and in time, perhaps an empire of sorts."

I'd known from the moment I first met Rhea that she was the ambitious type, someone with far-flung goals and the complete inability to accept anything less than complete success. Her will was like a self-contained force of nature, and I'd felt the hard way what it could bring her to.

"Too much of any one thing will always prove disastrous..."

Edited by Gyro Gearloose

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Kubrick.

Rhea turned the name over in her mind. It didn't rouse any memories, but it had rung true as he'd spoken it; she couldn't be sure, of course, but she'd hazard a gamble it was indeed his true name and not an alias.

She took another careful bite, then admitted, "What more do I need to know? Nothing, really. Although a general idea of your skill set and specialties is always welcome to the management."

Her green eyes smiled.

IC: Syvra

Syvra sat in a chair across from J'con's bed, where his body lay limp. It would be a matter of seconds before J'con came floating back. He reached into the satchel he kept at his hip and threw a small collection of seeds towards J'con's bed. As they flew through the air, they seemed to fly in unison, with syvra as their maestro. The majority of them formed a circle around J'con's bed, while two found their way to rest on the edges of his bed, one to the right of his head and one to the left of his feet. As the seconds ticked by Syvra continued watching J'con's limp form, waiting for the moment his spirit would return. 

The seeds began to grow into a type of fruit, one many inhabitants of the island would know well, A madu fruit, however these madu were of a special blend, one of syvra's own design. They took the volatility of the madu cabolo, upped it's sensitivity to movement, and added a pleasant release of spores, that when inhaled, would cause an intense case of momentary vertigo incase your opponent did not die of the explosion. Of course this had all taken place in a manner of seconds, but to Syvra it seemed like a quarter of a lifetime. It was not easy to quicken the growth of such plants, while structural integrity, in such a short time.

And now he waited, sitting back in the chair with a calm look about him. He just hoped J'con had the sense to not jump when he returned.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

It took him longer than ecpected, as he had explored the base thoroughly, but the Toa returned to consciousness, his body gaining life and eyes snapping open. He looked up at the explosive fruit above him. With a sigh, he gave Syvra a condescending look dripping with disdain and slight amusement.

"Syvra, what the #### do you think you're doing?"

Edited by Al the Chicken Man

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Syvra leaned back in his chair as placed one foot over the other, his crimson eyes betraying no emotion

"It's called making an example. You see I thought of several ways I could have killed your body while you were away. Injected a poison, slit your throat... various other means. However then I came to realize, are you not more useful to me alive, than dead? Sure you may be but a pest in my eyes, but even pests have their uses. So I felt I would give you a chance at living. If you can find a way to be useful that is."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Syvra could not help but smirk at this

"I am useful to the Echelon due to the information I hold. I know details of the brotherhood of ak'rei'an that he finds valuable. As such I have already proven my worth to him. I am also useful in the use of my element. As such that is why I had not been killed by echelon, when he could have done so very easily."

He leaned back again and motioned to himself

"I am also someone that a certain koro trusts, placing me in a position to leak false information or leak manipulative information. I am not wanted for any crimes, as such i can walk the island freely, where as any of Echelon's company may have issues with that. I serve my purpose."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"First of all, don't kid yourself. Echelon could've squashed you like an insect. Second, you don't understand," he roled his eyes as Syvra's obnoxious smirk, "how are you useful to me? I found and explored their base of operations. You had some maps showing where the base might be. Our mission was to find Blackrock, and you've been nothing but unhelpful. Exhibit A:" he pointed to the explosive fruit.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

"Skiils and specialities, hmm? I would say my skill lies in the fact that when I strike, I do it quickly and with precision.

"Unless, of course, the target can survive that. That of course, calls for a sustained engagement, which I have so far excelled in," Kubrick said as he took a sip from the 'fresh' water that was placed beside his stew.

"And then there's working as a team. I have taken joint missions with others, but, admittedly, I have less experience in working in a team than the average mercenary on this island," Kubrick finished. He was as honest as possible without revealing his weaknesses too much, and putting more emphasis on his strengths.