BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"Waking up in the morning, soft lily pads about, merchants selling supplies, just feels so...

Boring." Grievhu muttered while walking around Ga-Koro. "There's no point in being here if there's no action, it's like they told everyone to not do or say anything bad and stick a sock in it."

"There might be more toa around, but I'm not here to make friends, like I was ever supposed to be here in the first place." He actually secretly wanted some friends, his life was meaningless to him, and the vast world among him just felt dull. "Might as well just wait until someone acknowledges me as a being, instead of just some hulking 'hero' seeking to save the world, because I'm not." 

OOC: Sorry guys, this is my first time text RPing, hopefully I did well.

IC: (Sucogu)

"No sir, my estate is located fairly near here. We must hurry, however- the assailant is likely traveling further as we speak."

OOC: timeskip to the estate?

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Nameless [Ga-Koro]

The Toa adjusted his worn mask and looked around. The odd being's own intentions were dubious and the marine had been perhaps the most courteous person he had met in a long time. The anonymous host glanced over to the other Toa. One word in particular piqued his curiosity. Gukko. It was such a foreign word to him, one that was mentioned sparingly in Po-Koro but never really elaborated upon.

"I-I'll help out the best I can..." The nameless Toa finally said with a voice that was scarcely louder than a whisper.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC - Flynn - Hura-Mafa River:

Soon, Flynn saw a small trading ship come by. The waters were fairly calm and there was little breeze, so it was floating by pretty slowly. Seemed to only have one person on it.

"Hello there! Might I ask where your ship is going?"

The man at the bow, a Ko-Matoran, scowled.

"You do the math. If I'm sailing away from Naho Bay, and this river only goes between Ga-Koro and Ko-Koro, where do you think I'm going?"

Flynn's smile turned to a frown.

"Listen here, rocks for brains. I was going to be nice about things, but since you decided to be smart with me..."

He took his Volo-Lutu Launcher out of his holster and shot at the mast. It got a nice grip and Flynn was pulled onto the boat. The Ko-Matoran pulled out a disk launcher and aimed it at the intruder. Flynn turned towards him and dropped the grapnel gun, raising his hands above his head.

"Get off my boat."

Flynn smirked.

"No."

The Ko-Matoran fired the disk launcher. Flynn teleported behind him and slung one arm around his torso. He used his other arm to push the kanohi off the Ko-Matoran's face, and the Ko-Matoran slumped to the ground, unconscious.

"You know, dropping into a coma without a kanohi seems like a horrible design flaw. Not that I'm complaining, I don't even need to restrain the guy!"

Flynn dragged the body off the deck into the cabin below. Suddenly, he felt a bit dizzy, dropping the body.

"Ugh. Must have been a Weakening disk."

Flynn then sat down, and rested for a moment. After the effects had mostly worn off, he started opening drawers in the desk in the cabin.

"Hmm. Only 20 widgets. Must have spent the rest getting cargo. I wonder where the cargo is?"

Flynn took some rope from the floor, and tied up the Ko-Matoran. He put the kanohi back on his face, and proceeded to get an earful.

"What the  do you think you are, stealing my boat!"

"Listen, I needed a ride and some cash. Where's your cargo, trader?"

The Ko-Matoran looked confused.

"Cargo? There's no cargo. I'm coming back from visiting a frie-"

The Ko-Matoran slumped back into his endless slumber as Flynn removed the kanohi from his face once more.

"Ugh. Just my luck. I'll have to sell the boat once I get to shore."

Flynn went above deck, to notice that while he had been in the cabin, the winds had picked up, and Flynn was crossing into Ko-Wahi.

"Well, looks like I'll be on the next leg of my journey much sooner than expected."

OOC:

Well, Emissary, Obesity, looks like I'll be seeing you in Ko-Wahi.

IC:

"This place has gone to the Rahi. They say this place is the most beautiful place in Mata Nui, that's a bunch of gukko dung. It's just a lot of water, what's so beautiful about liquid?" Grievhu said to a matoran. The matoran ignored him and ran to his hut. Shedding tears. "Run and cry wimp, it's the truth. Wait, who's that?" He has seen some sort of another toa.

OOC: Does anyone want to interact with Grievhu? I'm loving this concept and I adore writing these posts. :D

IC: 

Grievhu stumbled over to the bay, and ran into a Ta-Matoran.

"Um, hello." The Ta-Matoran said in a soft voice.

"Don't be nervous, I won't hurt you." Grievhu reassured.

"No, it's just that, it's an honor to meet you, sir. Toa Grievhu, isn't it?" The matoran spoke.

Grievhu jumped. He had never been recognized or acknowledged by a single person in his life.

"Oh! Yeah, that's me. Sorry, nobody has ever said those words to me before." Grievhu said.

"You're very well known in Ta-Koro, sir! How would I not know of you?!" The matoran exclaimed.

"Hold on, I'm known in Ta-Koro? I've never even been to that place. How am I even heard of?" Grievhu questioned.

"You aren't going to like this, but you're known for your bounties sir." The matoran explained.

"Ok, first off, stop calling me sir. Second, what's your name?" Grievhu asked.

"Kyurani." The matoran muttered.

"Huh?" Grievhu said.

"I said, KYURANI. GET IT RIGHT YOU DENSE PIECE O-. Wait, what have I just done. I just mouthed off a toa. I'm screwed. I'm so very sorry sir, didn't mean to snap at you." Kyurani exclaimed

"Come with me, little guy. I have to show you something. Something... interesting." Grievhu responded calmly.

Edited by DigiGaming

IC (Orderin, Ga-Koro):

"Yes, I have sometimes thought that myself. I take heart in the fact that it is valiant to try." Orderin looked to the sky, "I have wandered many a year, and never have I ceased this charge." He then looked once more towards Ryzen, "I've been doing it so long, it may very well be a part of my being."

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

IC:

A new ally. Excellent.

"Your help would be greatly appreciated, sir," Tyrus said to the anonymous Toa, a measured smile on his face, before swiftly turning to face his other companion. "And in that case, the use of your Gukko would be highly beneficial. But your observation of the situation is correct, friend; we have no time to lose. Let's get moving."

Soon enough, the trio of warriors approached the crimson Toa's estate.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Asa (submarine)

Bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored/

Everyday I behold the same sights/

The same walls, the same ceiling, the same floor/

And the air is starting to become stale

With a sigh, Asa returned to powderibg some herbs. A lot of the medicines brought aboard would need to be divided into smaller portions, as they might need to be used for travel. One just couldn't bring a whole basket of sticks and dried leaves everytime they left the sub, could they? Asa reflected on her decision to bring so many pouches; it was a good choice. Each pouch would hold a different combination of powders that could be boiled into a tea. But there would need to be one of each for every crew member, meaning that Asa would be here for quite a bit. Fortunately, she wouldn't have to grind all the herbs; some of the medicines would stay on the sub as a reserve supply or if a stronger dose was needed. Others just weren't good for grinding, so they remained whole too. Still, it was a lot of work...

IC: Syvra

Syvra looked between the two and sighed gently to himself. Surrounded on both sides by two very different toa, one who thought they were as cool as the element they controlled, and the other your typical hero out to save everyone but themselves.

With a look away he remembered the simpler days, the days of his partnership with a certain toa of sound, litozen. Litozen while openly siding with makuta, had been unable to let go of his desire to protect matoran, that is until syvra came along. It did not take much for Syvra to convince him to forsake the matoran. 

He smiled fondly at these memories. Litozen was perhaps the only partner he had ever had that he honestly could trust his life with. And yet he hadn't seen hide nor hair of him for some time. Since then he had only had rocky partnerships, never truly gaining the same trust he had felt as he did with Litozen.

"Perhaps we can walk as we talk?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

"Welcome to my niche of society," Sucogu greeted as the trio entered a cast iron gate, leading into a courtyard slightly bigger than the quarter size of a Kohlii, surrounded by stone walls, the most notable feature being a large fountain, but plants dotting the entire landscape. A veritable floragerie, the plants ranged from fruit trees to herbs to vegetable gardens. The group, however, discarded the view and hurried to the small stable at the left corner, which housed but two animals- Sucogu's Gukko, Hatter, and his Ussal, Blitzmann. Though the group noticed a blue and yellow Matoran hustling about, evidently a caretaker, they were too busy to acknowledge him and moved directly to the stable. "We must waste no time," said the martial artist as the swung open the door to the Gukko's living space. The bird was a sight to behold, a rather sizable specimen of his kind. Where Sucogu's compatriots may have worried about the three of them fitting on the Gukko, they recognized this as a non-issue. With a whistle, the avian beast snapped to attention, prepared to fly. It was now that they noticed a cord hanging from the ceiling, which, as Sucogu yanked it, caused a trapdoor in the ceiling to open, allowing them to take off directly into the sky. "The assailant took to the river...he is likely headed downstream to Ko-Koro. I suggest this be where we begin our search."

"Most honorable sirs," the Toa opened, "we shall lay waste to this thorn in our side. By the end of this cycle, our criminal will be rotting in a prison cell...or rotting in the ground, his blood staining the snow. Most honorable sirs, we now prepare to fly in his pursuit. May Mata Nui have mercy on his soul.

OOC: Group to Ko-Koro.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Syvra

Syvra shook his right hand in a dismissive manner

"A wanderer implies you travel without purpose or goal. I travel where I must to further my goals, sometimes staying in locations longer than expected. So no, i am not a wanderer. That is not to say I don't end up in locations I did not expect, but even in that situation I try get back on the path to my goal."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

OOC: Chisaii Ryuu from Kentoku. Remember: We are nowhere near the island yet, we've just changed topics ;)

IC (Ayiwah):

Behind them, Sado was fast becoming a silver sliver on the Horizon. Seemingly impassive, Ayiwah watched the capital island shrink until it was width seemed smaller than the length of her hand. Like seven inches in the mid-day sun. she thought, as the sunlight caught on the spires of the imperial palace, reflecting as a twinkle in the distance. Home. 

The piers of the harbor had been lined with many who had come to watch them depart; some just out of curiosity, others cheering them on and some who merely watched while alone with their thoughts and schemes. And while Ayiwah appreciated the gesture for the most part it was a good reminder of just how many expectations were riding on the expedition. It was a daunting task that lay ahead of them, but the commodore faced it with her usual stoic professionalism. 

:Passing the barrier reef now.:

The message was transmitted throughout the ship via ideatalk, reaching everybody on board. Ayiwah took one last look at the island, then she turned around and walked back towards the captain's chair. Quite a few of the crew were still on the bridge to enjoy the view as well, but the respite was over now. 

"All non-bridge crew, return to your assigned sections, man your stations and rig for dive."

While Tazera repeated the message mentally and ship-wide, the commodore turned her head towards Hanako and Nihi. 

"Lady Hanako, you and Nihi are welcome to stay, but please don't interfere with the bridge crew."

Throughout the ship, Menti, Dashi and Saihoko moved about with purpose, closing all outer hatches, securing loose items and preparing their assigned sections to be ready to receive any further orders. Up on the bridge and in the control room below, the crew checked their instruments and charts once again. Once a section had completed preparations, they informed the 1st mate of their status. 

In the meantime, Ayiwah looked ahead, out through the forward crystal panes. She projected a mental overlay of the nautical map of the area out ahead. They were still in official Dasaka waters, but on this course, there was nothing ahead of them except the open water and in about a day's time, the edge of the Archipelago's shelf. 

:All stations reported manned and rigged for dive, awaiting orders.:

Ayiwah let out a short breath, before firmly ordering: "Take her down; periscope depth."

Below them, the Ryuu erupted with activity: The simple order the commodore had given was passed on by the control room to the different sections and translated into more specific orders for each of them. A weird, gargling noise, accompanied by noticeable vibrations signaled the flooding of the ballast tanks. The commodore calmly watched as the water erupted with spray along the sides of the boat while the bridge crew called out all important information, such as trim and heading. The bow of the Ryuu disappeared below the water which began to wash over the upper deck, seemingly rising as the ship sunk below the waves. 

The light grew dim and then, as the top of the conning tower dipped below the waterline, the blue of the sky was replaced by the dark blue of the ocean all around them. Despite them still sinking, everybody who had a view of the outside was suddenly growing more quiet. The sensation to be standing in a cabin with dry feet while they were completely submerged always felt slightly surreal at first. Then the moment passed, and a Dashi officer reported they had reached the requested depth. 

:All stations secure from diving and check for leaks.: Ayiwah ordered.

No leaks were reported. Satisified, but still very much focused, the commodore finally settled into the captain's chair. With the most exiting part of the departure over with, there was only one order left to give for the time being.

"Switch to standard submerged cruise operations, best speed ahead."

---------------------------------

IC: Taoki - Ga-Koro - The Great Takea

Taoki nodded excitedly, scrambling to his feet, "I'm hoping to unlock the secrets of its motor functions! We know the slugs make it move and think, but I think if I can create my own interface, I could maybe wear it or ride it. Sort of like exo-armor!" he frowned, "But I can't find anything that can connect the energy source to an external device without instantly exploding," Taoki shrugged, "But I have in the process come to realize something."

He quickly took on a much calmer more analytical moniker, "Finding an energy source powerful enough to activate the autonomic nervous system has sort of served as a stress tester... The armor is very good, and since these shells are not organically reproduced like you or I, it makes me wonder how exactly they are made. And in such large number too! You saw how many there were when Makuta gave the word." Taoki adjusted the goggles on his forehead thoughtfully, "The mass production of such powerful shells of armor must require great energy."

He shrugged, "Maybe Makuta created them himself from scratch - which I do not doubt - but if he didn't, maybe there's something down there he left behind..."

IC (Rhow):

"Taoki...if you're seriously suggesting to go and poke around that creep's lair..."

I've must have knocked a gear loose somewhere...

"...you're not gonna do it alone. Spirits know, you'd probably blow up that vault-thing by accident the Matoran keep mentioning." 

OOC: Sorry about that delay, picking up with the Horde where we left off. 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: I'm continuing the Soraya/Hanako post from Kentoku, since I wasn't able to respond to it earlier.

IC: (Hanako Herupa)

I moved aside with Nihi and Soraya. I listened to Soraya's concerns and I could understand them. Her reservations of Yumi and I were well-placed, but even then I hope to convince her that our plans weren't as bad as she would believe. To be honest I agreed with her on many points, and as one of Yumi's advisers and servants she was likely to put me in the same light as Yumi. Something that frankly ticked me off, after Yumi had done somethings that I thought that I thought were cruel.

"Soraya the reason this trip was commissioned in the first place was so that we could learn more about the people. Our last visit here was extremely short, and the amount of information was minuscule compared to what we could learn. This trip isn't just for the Rora, but for all the people of the Dasaka Empire. I understand your frustration with the Rora and the rest of the nobility and while some of them look down on anyone who isn't them I am not one of them. Do I look at a Saihoko and see anything less or more, do I see just a caste? No, they are something more, they deserve to be treated with the same respect anyone is due," I could tell the frustration was dripping from my voice, the annoyance that I treated people as if they were chess pieces on the board. And yet, maybe that wasn't too far from the truth, my entire life was devoted to helping the now Rora to make smart political maneuvers. Perhaps I wasn't as noble as I thought, perhaps I justified terrible deeds with good intentions. "I'm sorry, Soraya I-I would like to talk with you later, but for now I think I will retire to my quarters." Now my face was flush with embarrassment, with shame of how I had behaved. She must have thought of me as unstable, unfit, a regular basket-case and an impulsive girl unable to keep her cool. I looked like a fool to those who were around, and I'd return to my quarters to punish myself for this mistake. How could I be so rash and in front of the others, what was wrong with me?

Edited by Hanako Herupa

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

OOC:

Retcon-a-pocalypse.

IC - Flynn - Hura-Mafa River:

Flynn woke up on his boat.

Was...that was all a dream? I must have been hallucinating from the kanoka disk.

Flynn's train of thought continued.

Wait, that means that all this time I've been asleep, Archer's been-

"."

OOC:

There, Flynn has officially been shunted back onto rails.

OOC:

Minor timeskip for a major convenience. If you don't wanna read some random character development summary hurrdurr stuff I tacked on to the post skip to the asterisks.

IC:

The Inika sailed onwards, as always. Though I could remember Mata Nui clearly as though I had left it only moments ago, the time spent at sea wasn't unaccounted for either. We had no idea if we were about to reach our destination or if we still had a loooooong time ahead of us - and we were suffering from a.....uniquely unenjoyable thought process - Boredom.

See, some time ago, there used to be this big bad person on Mata Nui. When he was around, there was no time to be bored. There was a sense of pressure on us - that we had to make good use of our time in preparation for the worse. Normal lives were led, but with constant torment due to the uneasiness of knowing full well that there was a madman who wanted to rule over everybody living on the island, silently brewing his plans to fruition.

Then one day, Worse arrived. Legions of Rahkshi came, tunnelling through the ground to arrive at where everyone lived.

And then Worse left us. At the time, the fighting seemed to have lasted an eternity, but looking back, it seemed to be no accident at all that the Maru had appeared right then, notifying to everyone the knowledge that the Makuta was gone - and with that, a heavy burden had been lifted from everybody's shoulders. 

If Destiny truly exists, this would be the proof. Too bad the Great Spirit works in 'mysterious ways'.

But, back to what I was saying - the subtle pressure that was placed onto the backs of every matoran, Toa, Skakdi, Vortixx who weren't working for the Makuta relieved itself, and with that, great celebrations were to be had. Sure, there was tension between the villages when everybody realized 'Oh all that stuff the Makuta used to hurt us, to produce things like Heuani and the Rahkshi, those stuff? Yeah he probably kept the material ones' but still......everything was 'better' now.

But with 'better', came inaction. There is no longer an 'evil looming in the dark' for us to fight. 

I guess.....the best way to sum it up is, the boredom we felt then was simply 'doing nothing while something is coming'. Now, it's just.....'doing nothing'. We don't know if anything is coming, and we don't have the power to take a look. If the Great Spirit truly does have a grand plan for all of us, it's looking pretty darn cyclical and generic right now.

So, on to our situation now. We're on a boat. We think we're looking for something but for now we're just going forwards. And now, without any threats other than the occasional sea monster that we need to fight off, we've got the problem of repelling the boredom on our hands.

And so, timeskip to now.

Eyes flit across the table. It was nighttime; we were all sitting below decks. Each sitting on a stool around a circular wooden table, we could feel the gentle changes in motion as the Inika continued it's journey across the sees - but that was not of notice.

Everyone had, in their hand, a set of white cards. At the center of the table was a pile of black cards; placed beside it was a small, transparent container upon which a set of symbols had been printed:

50px-LetterC.png50px-LetterA.png50px-LetterR.png50px-LetterD.png50px-LetterS.png           50px-LetterA.png50px-LetterG.png50px-LetterA.png50px-LetterI.png50px-LetterN.png50px-LetterS.png50px-LetterT.png           50px-LetterM.png50px-LetterA.png50px-LetterT.png50px-LetterO.png50px-LetterR.png50px-LetterA.png50px-LetterN.png

Secretly, I gulped. This was a game which would truly bring out the darkest in people. The matoran aboard this ship were about to see the dark side of their Toa protectors.

I reached forwards with my hand, silently bringing my fingers to slide the uppermost black card towards me. With a quick twist of my index and middle fingers, I held the card, it's contents facing me.

".........." 

I opened my mouth to speak. Then closed it again. Streams of thoughts crossed my mind, wondering if this would be a good idea.

What-

"WHAT-" I half yelled, half grumbled suddenly in surprise from my Anxilia speaking the start of the question for me, before I simply sealed my mind. There would no longer be any going back.

"-Does Jaller keep in his desk drawer?"

OOC: This is either going to be a wondrous idea, or it'll be one of the stupidest things to ever grace this RP. Either way, Inika shipmates - you're up.

• Upvote 2

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC:

Nihi had stood aside as Hanako had addressed Soraya. She'd been pressed into the bridge window, watching the seas of fishes pass, and listening with one ear; the voices of the only Dashi she knew onboard and her new master had drawn her somewhat out of her own thoughts. As Hanako dismissed herself, Nihi sensed that it was her time to step forward. Neither she nor Soraya belonged on the bridge, especially without Hanako there.

"I haven't got a bunk mate, yet," Nihi told Soraya as Hanako departed. Wistfully, Nihi gave the window one last look, almost able to see the :n:-shaped smudge mark she'd made a few minutes ago. "I figured you didn't yet, either... let's go look for a cabin, huh?"

test2.png

OOC: This is either going to be a wondrous idea, or it'll be one of the stupidest things to ever grace this RP. Either way, Inika shipmates - you're up.

OOC: Whatever happens, it's all our fault.

And it will probably end up hilarious anyways.

IC: Zarok

Zarok stared down at the cards he had been dealt. Most just seemed...ill-fitting. He glared at his cards intently, and looked around at the others around the table before slowly drawing a card out. He turned it face-down, and slid it to the center of the table. Zarok knew what the card had said- "A moldy Brakas Tail"- and pretty much knew he wouldn't win.

But it was certainly better than every other card he had.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC:

With augmented eyes, Tyrus spotted Flynn quickly.

"There," he said, pointing to the boat drifting along the river. "Flynn's on that ship. Bring us down."

---

IC:

A loitering Vortixx tends to get looks on Mata Nui.

Two loitering Vortixx were generally lucky not to be arrested on the spot. Particularly not the two loitering in Ga-Koro at the present moment.

Nika flicked out one metallic finger, talon extended, severing the string holding up a pair of work gloves while the stall-owner was looking the other way. He caught the gloves effortlessly before slipping them onto his hands, hiding his artificial one from view. There was no reason to leave his identity open to suspicion. Even the machinations of Vera Polzin had their limits.

"Ferry schedules part of your expertise?" he asked Jin, adjusting the strap of his pack as he watched the beings around them.

---

IC:

This expedition was beginning to feel like a big mistake.

I was curled up in a little nest of crates that I had built myself, arms wrapped around my legs, rocking back and forth as I watched the sailors scurrying around the Ryuu's hold, my head sunk down until its lower half was hidden by my coat. My pack of smokes was burning a hole in my pocket, burning a hole in my lungs. It had been Goddess-knows-how-long since I'd been able to have one; the Commodore had made it very clear from day one that my habit was not going to be tolerated aboard her vessel.

Add to that days and days and days of seasickness, pressure sickness, and any other water-related sickness that science has (or hasn't) discovered, and I was just about ready to lay down and wait for the sweet release of death.

"Anyone 'member where the crates o' salt are?"

Unfortunately, the cargo workers would be lost without me.

"The barrels of salt," I shouted, "are to the left of the green cod. Exactly where they were yesterday, which coincidentally was the last time you asked where it was."

On the other hand, they seem to lost with me, anyway.

OOC: Daijuno open for interaction on the Chisaii Ryuu.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Hello there" Soraph said to the Dashi Daijuno. 

The Saihoko was nestled amongst the many crates of supplies brought aboard the Ryuu, almost completely hidden. Her voice had given her position away though, and drawn Soraph's attention to her spot. Soraph looked on with a with a friendly, albeit curious smile.

"You look like you know this part of the ship. Do you?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

After spending the last few days cooped up in the cargo bay, listening to the rough hewn voices of Saihoko sailors, you can imagine my surprise at hearing the soft tinkling of a - and I'm going out on a limb here - noblewoman's speech down here. I glanced over and who should I see down here?

"Vilda Soraph."

I didn't make a move to get up, but I did raise my head into a more dignified position.

"Yeah, well, y'know," I said, glancing around the room, "it's kind of my job to know about this place. Quartermaster and all. I mean, I might actually know this place better than I know the upper levels. Anything good happening up there?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Tazera)

For a moment after Ayiwah gave her last order, Tazera (standing behind her chair, ramrod-straight at attention) pressed two fingers against her temple, eyes screwed shut in concentration as she broadcast across the mental plane with enough power for all aboard to 'hear'.

:All hands, we are switching to standard submerged cruise operations!:

Opening her eyes again, Tazera allowed herself a look through the sweeping, transparent window of the bridge. It was quite a view.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

"Just the usual things Menti happen to do in the Empire. Meet, greet, negotiate and speculate.  You'd think it might stop on the journey of a lifetime, but I guess it's just  in their blood. "

Soraph walked a few steps forward and knelt down, taking a seat beside the Dashi. Such an action wasn't particularly proper for the Vilda princess, but she didn't rightly care at the moment. She was travelling to a strange new land and she would enjoy the break from structure and tradition. 

"As Quartermaster, would yo happen to know if the ship is equipped with any empty cages, and maybe some pots with soil? I'm sort of the expedition biologist and I'm hoping to collect as many samples as possible from Mata-Nui. If the rumours are true, the biodiversity there puts Oki to shame. Oh, and I don't believe I heard the Commodore introduce you to the rest of us. What is your name?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

As much as I've ranted and raved about the hypocrisy and the uselessness of Kentoku's nobility, I'll shoot straight here; I was downright uncomfortable sitting next to a Vilda princess right now. Not just because she was pretty (because she was very pretty; for the first time ever I was actually glad that Zyla wasn't on this expedition with me [she'd have never gotten any work done if she knew that Herupa Hanako and Vilda Soraph were flitting about the halls above her]), but because she was a noblewoman sitting on a crate next to a 'Hoko.

This has got to be one for the history books, ladies and gentlemen.

It took an embarrassingly long time for my brain to work itself around that last fact and over to the realization that Soraph had asked me a question (something about pots? does she know about my smoking habit and suspect something? goddess, you have one vice and suddenly they think you have them all).

"Uh, yeah," I replied dumbly. "The Navy requested stuff like that to bring some wildlife samples back to the Empress. Should be in here somewhere...."

Slowly, doing my best to hide my very evident lack of sea-legs, I climbed to my feet, glancing back over to the Vilda to let her know that she was supposed to follow me. One hand snaked its way into my pocket, fingers lacing around my pack of smokes.

"Name's Daijuno, by the way," I said, turning to head further into the piles of crates. "Dastana Daijuno. Now, should be this way by my reckoning."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Ah, a Dastana, of course. With the clan's reputation for business and their having invented these submarines, it would only make sense to have a Dastana act as Quartermaster for the expedition. In any case, it's a pleasure to meet you Dastana Daijuno - I'm sure you'll keep the Ryuu well stocked, for all our sakes. Some Menti are known to get a little touchy when they're hungry."

Soraph found it amusing to watch as the Saihoko struggled to stand up and begin walking away from the pile of crates. Daijuno took slow, slightly exaggerated steps to make up for her lack of sea legs. The performance was actually kind of adorable as the Dastana tried to save face in front of her superior. 

With natural grace Soraph swiftly rose to her feet, following after Daijuno. She noticed her reach a hand into her pocket. 

:What have you got there, Dastana Daijuno? Something fun perhaps?: Soraph asked.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

The Toa of Lightning whistled sharply, and the bird dove, nearly throwing its riders fron its hide. Air whizzed past like water flowing through rocks, catching on their masks and then returning to its course. The three hunters held tight to the given straps as their avian steed dropped, and for a moment they wondered if Sucogu was mad flying them straight into the rapids of the river. On the contrary, he swiftly displayed his prowess, pulling up just in time to avoid colliding with the water. Just like that, they were soaring just above the water, racing at the hijacked aquacraft. As the Gukko barreled up the river behind the boat, water spat out behind his wings from displaced air alone. Sucogu flew them onto the deck, where they took a hard landing, claws digging into the wood. Flynn was just awaking from a trance, likely from whatever drugs had caused him to behave so ridiculously in the first place.

"Stand down," he commanded as all three men slid off the bird, metal hitting wood as they boarded the boat. Behind them, Sucogu's Gukko took off, gaining an aerial position.

In one motion, his hand moved to his sword hilt and slid the blade from its scabbard, directing the point at the recently-conscious Flynn.

"I defer to your authority, sir..." he said to Tyrus.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: Let's see if I understood this right...

IC Jarkale and Lai Lai

(Endless Ocean, The Inika):

Jarkale looked at his white cards. As interesting as the concept of the game was, Jarkale could not bring himself to be fully focused on it. His mind kept wandering to lands that the voyagers would find beneath the Red Star. He also wondered how long the ship would have to sail to reach its destination. The Red Star's position was different from what he had at first thought.

Jarkale picked the card with "Kotu's diary" written on it and placed it before him, face down.

Lai Lai was glad to be playing the game. It took her mind off other things, including possible death at sea due to running out of supplies and more backstabbing by some of the crew (after all, once this had happened right at the beginning of the journey).

Lai Lai picked "Ga-Koronan hula hoop".

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC:

"Likely not," Tyrus said, casually taking his duster off. "I'm constantly surprised by what the body can survive."

He folded the coat over his left forearm. "Flynn, I am placing under arrest for the wanton destruction of state property with the intention of extorting money from the village of Ga-Koro and the government of Akiri Hahli. You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you say something which may later be used against you in court; if you do not have a lawyer, one can be provided for you.

"I should add that running is no longer an option for you, as your line of sight is limited enough that it will be simple for us to track you down. If I were you, I would either give myself up now and save face, or I would stand and fight like a warrior. These are your only options, though neither will save you."

The Lesterin shot the crimson Toa a quick glance. "Hold position."

---

IC:

Oh ######.

"Fun for me, yeah," I shot back with a grin, pulling out a smoke and bringing it up to my lips, "and as long as I don't light up, shouldn't be too bad for anyone else either."

The two of us wandered deeper and deeper into the corridors of wood and crystal containers, the combined presence of the Ryuu's Quartermaster and Soraph of the Vilda being enough to deter any ship-hands from trying to block corridors or engage in annoying chit-chat. I had one hand on the boxes on my right side to keep myself steady and oriented, and if I knew the cargo bay's layout as well as I thought that I did....

"Heeeeere we go," I announced with a smile, patting the top of a crate labelled Sample Containers. "Pots in here, cages oughta be just a few boxes down. Anything else, miss?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]