BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC (Rhow): Rhow heaved a sigh. "Yes, it's a trip." she finally said, resigning herself to a return to adventure. She wasn't quite sure why she didn't feel more excited about the prospect of going back out into the wild again. Perhaps it was the fact that they had a good thing going here in the water-village, something that had lasted for months without anybody coming over the horizon intent on burning everything in their possession to the ground. Not having to fight for your life was a nice change of pace.  'You're not going soft on me, are ya?' - 'Shut up, conscience; I still keep a blade under my pillow.' The blue Skakdi jerked her head in the direction of the door. "Come on Taoki. Need to ask the others if they are in as well. Can't promise the whole team" Together the two made their way back upstairs, Rhow already contemplating who might come along. Iraanus, probably. Viloz too, she assumed. The rest? She wasn't so sure about them.  Just then, she noticed a Toa enter the restaurant. Putting on the signature grin, she turned to the newcomer. "Howdy, stranger. How can we help you?"

IC: Though Vakua was reasonable tall, even for a toa, he still had to look up to the skakdi. The toa opened up his thoughts to her.

I'm new to the island, and I heard the Great Takea is, well, great. I guess you could say I'm in the music business, and I was thinking your place of business could use a little night life.

He looked over Rhow and Taoki; they didn't look like they had come up out of the basement just to go upstairs. He extended his telepathy too Taoki as well.

You two look like you're heading out. Is now not a good time, or do you want a demonstration?

IC (Rhow):

The Skakdi instinctively took a step back. Telepathic communication was one of those freaky things Rhow had little love for. It was too close to "messing with your head" for her tastes and considering where she'd come from, she was decidedly not planning on having anybody probe her mind. A growl escaped her throat as she clenched her fists. 

"Can you talk normally, music-man?" 

Silence. Then the realization struck Rhow: The Toa was mute. 

"You can't, can you?"

She let out a deep breath, visibly relaxing. "Sorry. Thought you were trying to pull a fast one on me. Sure, let's have a demonstration if you want. I'm still waiting for the rest of the bunch to grab their stuff, but we're heading out soon. Got some business to take care of, not sure how long it'll take either."

She slightly shrugged. "If you wanna liven up the joint while we're gone, be my guest."

IC:

"Mouthing off, sir?" I asked, spinning on my heel until I could walk backwards, a smile on my face. I didn't like not being able to look at people while I was talking; it was too easy for them to effectively stop listening. Besides, I had figured out my way around this hold like the back of my hand, so there wasn't any risk of tripping and bruising both my head and (more importantly) my ego. "Hardly. I prefer to think of it as remarking on circumstances, albeit in an atypically blunt manner. Certainly didn't mean any offence, sir."

-Void

IC: Vilda Mako (Chisai Ryuu, Cargo Hold)

"If I said I was offended, would you bow in the dust and plead forgiveness?" I replied with humor before waving it off with a chuckle.

"I joke, obviously, you don't need to be formal with me, calling me "old man" or even "grandpa" will do just fine"

IC (Ayiwah): 

The commodore and first made climbed down the ladder to the lower deck, which consisted of the cargo area and engineering section. The former occupied the centerline and aft of the lower deck for the rear third of its length, while the engineering section was split into two subsections on the port and starboard sides, where each of the engines were located.

Up ahead, voices could be heard. Once they got closer Ayiwah recognized them as those of Dastana Daijuno and Vilda Mako. Walking up behind the two, she cleared her throat just as the Datsue finished speaking.

"Since we are already being informal: Everything going well down here?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Vilda Mako (Chisai Ryuu, Cargo Hold)

"Why of course, Commodore." I replied with a surprisingly gracious twirl for my age in her direction. Say what you will, being a male in this empire does have its strong points. For one, everyone pays attention to you, regardless of how unworthy you may be of that attention. It's both a blessing and a curse.

"I was just in the middle of tracking down some supplies I needed, with a little help from the Dastana here."

"Is there anything we can do for you, though? I wouldn't exactly call myself an accomplished handmaiden, for several reasons of varying relevance and level of appropriateness, but I still have two hands that I know how to use"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Ayiwah):

"Flattering as always, Vilda Mako." the commodore replied, unable to suppress a slight smile. For a second, she imagined what the Datsue must have been like in his days as a Menti. He'd probably been quite a charming fellow. 

Then, she focused back on the here and now. 

"Actually, we came to check up on the crew to see how they are doing. The launch went by smoothly but once these tense moments pass, being aboard a submersible with no prospect of solid ground under your feet for weeks at a time can be difficult. So we came to see how you and the others are settling in."

IC: Vilda Mako (Chisai Ryuu)

"I'm getting by alright, though my familiar is having a bit of trouble not getting to stretch her wings. As much as it pains me, I can't have Kama flying around in here, it'd just cause trouble for everyone"

"So I came down here looking for the stash of bird food I'd hopefully brought along, you can never be too certain that you've remembered everything when you get to be my age, but it doesn't stop me from trying"

Saying that, I remembered a snide remark I'd heard upon my most recent entrance to Sado; "an old man bumbling about the empire looking for bird food" Soraph had called me. Well, now I was an old man bumbling about an imperial vessel en route to a new world.

Looking for bird food.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Ayiwah):

"A commendable attitude indeed, Mako." the commodore agreed. "And if, in the unlikely event, your memory should fail you, I am sure Dastana Daijuno will be able to lend a hand."

She looked from one to the other, then gave a brief nod. "Now then, unless there is anything else, we must continue our tour. Carry on."

As the two officers walked away, the commodore suddenly paused, looking back over her shoulder. 

"Oh and Mako? You'll only need entertain Kama for a little while longer. There'll be time to fly soon enough." 

OOC: Ryuu Crew, tomorrow, we shall officially join Chapter III. Your services will be required! =)

IC: Vakua smiled coyly.

You're right, I can't vocalize. That's probably the reason the Great Spirit blessed me with this mask; lets me hear all sorts of interesting things.

Vakua blinked behind his visor, then realized what he had just thought. He smiled weakly and raised his hands in front of him.

Um, what I meant to say was that I use it for communication. I've trained myself to filter out other people's thoughts unless they are thinking about me. Others have misused the gift of telepathy, so I empathize.

Vakua arched his spine and popped his fingers. He looked around the restaurant, noting the layout, the people, and most importantly, the glass and ceramics. He raised his hands, looking less like a conductor and more an artist framing his newest piece. He tightened his hands into fists, slowly; as he did so, the entire building seemed to hum. The De-Toa fingers began to twitch, to a beat, emanating from the floorboards. Suddenly, his arms went limp, and the music surged.

OOC: You're gonna have to insert your own awesome music. Vakua has a musical mind, not me :P Part performance artist, part musician, it seems...

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:

"Well, at least Onuzek is an impartial barometer of all the feelings I'm...feeling," Til decided. "Come on. I'll buy you breakfast and coffee - hot coffee, not the caffeinated slush that's been percolating since I got here."

-Tyler

Edited by Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Syvra

Syvra watched the ga-matoran run upstairs. 

So full of energy, yet doesn't seem to focus it very well.

Hestitantly he took a few steps with the new foot, cursing at the fact it was purple in color, though honestly a paint job could take care of that. It felt awkward, knowing that it is hitting the ground but being unable to feel the ground. However as he was moving around he noticed the ga-matoran putting all the various items in a suit case, at which point he pointed out

"Bring only what you can carry, afterall I am not carrying your suitcase for you. Also I would not worry too much about the medicines, afterall I can create a decent amount of plant-based medicines, as long as their isn't any odd components, like the spit of a kane-ra or what not."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Soraya [The Chiisai Ryu]

The Dashi shrugged.  "Works for me.  I've been on more than a few trading boats where 'bunk' meant 'anyplace you can lie down flat-ish', so this is a step up."  She looked back at Nihi for a moment. 

"Incidentally..." she patted the side of her bag.  "Once Nihi and I are all set up, you should stop by if you've got a moment.  I'm thinking of hooking a few dye samples up along the side of the bed, 'cause they're not doing any good sitting out of sight.  Might be the only splotches of real color we're likely to get all trip."  Was that transparent? Yeah, that was pretty transparent.  Working with so many guaranteed customers messed with her sales pitch.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC (Ayiwah):

As the two officers walked away, the commodore suddenly paused, looking back over her shoulder. 

"Oh and Mako? You'll only need entertain Kama for a little while longer. There'll be time to fly soon enough." 

IC: Vilda Mako (Chisai Ryuu)

"Glad to hear it, I never thought I'd grow tired of birdsong, but, well, Kama's certainly made a good case for that"

"Now where's that blasted birdfood?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Ryuu Crew, we are now officially entering chapter three. This post skips ahead several weeks in the journey, which you can use to pretend your character used to familiarize themselves with how things work aboard the ship. 

IC (Ayiwah): 

Captain's Log

The Chiisai Ryuu, en route to the Island of Mata Nui, Bearing:  N 87° W

Day 54

Aside from the initial excitement of launching the Ryuu and running her through her paces, the last three weeks have gone by without any major negative incidents. The ship is performing flawlessly on the technical side of things. The same goes for the crew for the most part. The new recruits and those selected by the Rora for this journey have started to grow accustomed to the life aboard as well, though it is obvious some would rather have more space to move about. 

We passed the territorial border of the Empire four days ago and are now well into the great blue yonder. Or as Taz remarked: 'We're good and lost now.' For surely, one must be lost to find a place that can't be found, save for those who already know where it is.

Our only navigational aid now are the stars at night and the data provided by the first expedition. We surfaced yesterday and switched back to standard cruise operations to allow the navigators to collect additional data and start charting the waters of this route.

The announcement was well-received. After all, surface-cruising means fresh air and an open deck to move about. Something I intend to take advantage of myself...

-------------------------------------------------

Ayiwah felt the sun, hot on her back, as she leaned forward in a mock sword-thrust into empty air. If there had been an actual opponent in the path of her shimmering psyonic rapier, it would have precisely passed through their defences to sever their jugular in between the gap of their armour and neck.

In one flowing motion she pulled back, the rapier following the motion despite the Menti not even being in contact with the hilt. Unhesitatingly she accepted another formless opponent's challenge, sidestepping and parrying the unseen strikes against her, employing precise footwork that seemed more like that of an elaborate dance than actual combat. A few seconds later the opponent fell, skewered by her blade.

Several more followed in similar fashion, until Ayiwah had run through the workout routine, holding the last stance for several seconds, very consciously controlling her breath and slowing down her pulse again, before letting the rapier dissipate, glittering like the droplets of water clinging to her body in the stray rays of sunlight breaking through the overcast sky.

The sea was rougher this day. Not terribly so but enough to add some difficulty to the exercise in terms of balance. And every now and then a larger wave that the Ryuu cut through would cause a cloud of spray carried by the wind to blow a salty downpour over the crewmembers on deck, including her.

The commanding officer was not wearing her uniform's coat. Instead, she had opted to merely put on her basic armour, which lacked a lot of the elaborate detailing of her full outfit and primarily consisted of crystal shinguards, thigh-plates, vambraces and light chest- and back-plates that wrapped around only her upper torso, leaving her midriff mostly exposed. It allowed for unrestricted movement while still providing a level of protection that was adequate for some swordplay and exercises.

She had advised the others aboard to make use of the deck as well, since at some point they would have to go under again and since there was no telling when that was, it would be prudent to work off any frustrations now.

With her workout done, the commodore turned towards the open main-hatch, but just as she reached the opening to climb back down inside, the watchstanding Suihei atop the conning tower gave a surprised shout, pointing ahead, off the bow and into the water. Following the indicated direction with her eyes, Ayiwah spotted what had caught the Suihei's attention: something - no, someone - floating in the water. The commodore's eyes narrowed, her stomach tensing.

"Sailor overboard!"

OOC: Crewmembers with Medical experience, you're up!

IC (Dakte)

The Ageru man was already on deck, practising his own combat form in much the same manner as the Commodore. In a few strides he was beside her, and looking over the railing her saw the subject of her cry.

Raising a hand at the face-down floating being, he summoned his powers of the Mindarm, and telekinetic force lifted whoever it was out of the water and up onto the deck, where his invisible hands laid them down as gently as possible.

Dakte and Ayiwah approached swiftly, but recoiled once they were within a couple of paces as an awful stench met their noses.

The male pressed the back of his hand against his mouth in disgust, but slowly continued forwards and knelt down next to the body—for that is what it all-too-clearly was.

He cast his eyes grimly over the corpse, taking in rusted metal and gull-gnawed organics. It was small in stature, not unlike a Dashi, but not a piece of crystal was to be seen on it. Once he'd seen all he needed, he stood up, turned to the Commodore, and shook his head.

"Whoever this is, they've been dead for a long time. Hard to tell how long, but I'd guess a few months, by the state of the metal."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

On board the deck of the Ryu, space isolated from other people was a rare commodity. Nonexistent, truthfully, but Sinshi had still sought the point that provided the widest berth of any others and the space she needed for her practice. She had drawn her rapier wordlessly, and launched into a series of practiced strikes and deflections, parries and ripostes, against an imaginary enemy. Back home, she would have used one of the training dummies. Perhaps a sparring partner, though that was rare; people weren't usually awake and about when she occupied the Yards. 

Her movements were graceful, if relatively basic, and diligently practiced in a way that hinted little at her underlying frustration. Rapier practice was all well and good, quite necessary, even, but she was itching to practice her discipline. She'd stolen a few moments in secluded portions of the cargo hold to practice manifestation, but it wasn't nearly enough. She wanted, needed, to practice the use of her Soulsword, but the Ryu lacked the room for much more than basic maneuvers. Now that the sub had surfaced, she should have been using the time to catch up on her practice. Yet, she was not.

The lack of privacy was in fact the very reason the Menti was not doing so. She felt pride over her abilities, pride over being able to do what few could manage, but at the same time, showcasing them felt uncomfortable. Now especially; the other crew members practicing on deck were the Commodore and the Ageru Battlemaster, deeply respected as masters in their chosen domains. Both people she herself respected, professionally in the case of Dakte, and personally with regards to Ayiwah. An error in manifestation, an error in technique... In front of those two, such a thing would be unbearable. And yet, if she allowed her skills to languish, she would be unable to perform her duty properly...

"Sailor overboard!"

The Umbraline Menti's musings were interrupted quite abruptly by the shout, and she responded before she had even properly processed the words. Rapier sheathed, her Kanohi kicked into gear as she moved effortlessly across the deck at high speeds despite the rocking vessel beneath her feet. She'd been preparing to drop her belt and vault over the edge, but the prone form had been recovered before it was necessary. Sliding to a stop, her hand unconsciously returned to the handle of her blade; the being recovered was quite clearly deceased, and she noted the same as Dakte; it was most certainly not a Dasaka. Was the departed from Mata Nui? Another land?

Impossible to say.

"Commodore," She began respectfully, a slight incline of her head substituted for a bow. "Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't we still quite a ways from the island?"

IC:

"Free iced coffee." The Le-Toa quipped lazily, finally pushing away from her piano as she reached into one of the pockets of her coat. Withdrawing it, she held a battered pouch in one hand. "And Onuzek isn't an impartial judge of anything."

"I'd love breakfast, but I'm quite capable of paying for my own food."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Once upon a time, Tillian would have insisted he pay - it was only the gallant thing to do. But he knew Liara...and that girl was far from gallant.

"Yeah. Okay. If you say so."

AHA. FOOLED HER.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Nah, seriously. You're a strong, independent woman. If you want to pay I'm not about to stop you - especially since you can beat me up."

THAT'S RIGHT DOC YOU BUY ME BREAKFAST

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Seems the time in the sun hasn't completely fried your brain. Good." The doctor remarked with the faintest hint of a once-familiar playful edge, as she set out for the door, navigating her home with ease.

"You'll be paying for your food, of course. Already denied you the chance to pay for mine, wouldn't want to deny you your own."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC Asa

At the sound of the Commodore yelling, Asa made her way to the upper decks before exiting the ship, standing on top of its surface. Walking over to where Dakte and Ayiwah were standing, she took a look at the body. "The color scheme doesn't match ours... Not a piece of crystal... Ma'am, could this be one of those, uh, what do you call it... Matraro-no, Matoran?"

IC: Nameless [Prison]

"Y-Yeah, I'm alright..." The Toa said as he fiddled with his tattered cloak. He scratched his chin and looked over to Tyrus. He shifted uneasily between each foot.

"E-Erm, how hard would it be to join the marines...?"

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

OOC: Suggested listening:

IC (Ayiwah): 

"Whoever this is, they've been dead for a long time. Hard to tell how long, but I'd guess a few months, by the state of the metal."

The commodore nodded at Dakte's comment. "And judging by the smell as well." she said, her eyes not leaving the body. It was in an awful state: The metal had started to become spotty and corroded in places, no doubt due to the lengthy exposure to the ocean; seaweed was wrapped around the limbs (or what was left of them), while the organic parts had decomposed for the most part - the cause of the foul smell in the air. But more interesting were the wounds covering the torso: It was hard to tell due to the advanced rot and spongy tissue, but some area looked scorched, while others showed cuts and signs of blunt trauma. 

In the meantime, others had responded to the emergency call as well. "Commodore," Sinshi asked respectfully, a slight incline of her head substituted for a bow. "Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't we still quite a ways from the island?"

Ayiwah nodded in agreement again. "Quite so. According to the navigators we have completed roughly one third of the journey. This is most unexpected."

"The color scheme doesn't match ours... Not a piece of crystal... Ma'am, could this be one of those, uh, what do you call it... Matraro-no, Matoran?" Asa chimed in. 

"We do not know yet." Ayiwah replied, a concerned look on her face. "It might be one of the people of Mata Nui, but with all the corrosion, this one could have been any colour between teal and tan."

The commodore fell quiet for a second as she thought about the situation, then she made a decision. 

"We are not going to learn anything by just staring at a corpse." she said, then turned to the Ageru Menti next to her. "Dakte, let Sinshi and Asa assist you and use your discipline to bring the body to the medbay, please."

While the other Dasaka went to work, the commodore turned and looked out to sea. The clouds drifting above were becoming thicker and darker in the far, far distance, she saw the dark veil of a storm drifting across the ocean. The wind had picked up, tugging at her edges and making the spray of the waves hit just that little bit colder than before. A small shiver ran down the Menti's spine. 

Nihi, she called out over the mental plane, please meet me down in the medbay at your earliest convenience.

Edited by Vezok's Friend
  • Upvote 1

IC:

:On my way, ma'am,: Nihi replied at once.

She hadn't been doing anything before the shouts began on-deck; curiosity had pulled her up there in time to see a gaggle of sailors, holding a body that their own forms obscured from Nihi's view, leave for below decks. After only moments leaned against the rail, soaking up the sun - which was a treat, after the first part of the sub's journey - the Commodore's order (phrased, as most of Ayiwah's orders were, as a request) had garnered Nihi's attention.

Nihi pushed herself away from the rail and swiveled about, making her way down to the medical bay. By now, every chamber and corridor of the submarine had become familiar to her (painfully so; the Ryuu felt so much smaller these days), so she navigated her way through the hull to meet the commodore without trouble. She opened the door of the medbay, and upon seeing the mangled shell of a corpse that lay sprawled on a bed before her, felt very much like closing it again, running back to her bunk, and screaming into her pillow. She didn't.

"You called, ma'am?" Nihi asked, doing her best to maintain at least a facade of professionalism - especially important in the Commodore's presence; Nihi was determined to earn Ayiwah's respect one way or another - above her roiling stomach.

test2.png

IC (Ayiwah):

"Yes, Nihi, we could use your help."

The commodore didn't sound very commanding this time. Firm yes, but her tone was no different from an ordinary Menti asking another for help. The truth was, she didn't feel very good about calling Nihi down here to look at the corpse. With everything she had been through - her sister's condition and the Rora's assassination - Ayiwah would have preferred to spare the younger Menti the sight of another dead body. But she was the only one aboard who had seen the people of Mata Nui with her own eyes. 

The commanding officer moved aside to let Nihi step closer.

"We found the body drifting like this. Is this one of the Matoran people?"

------------------------

OOC: Leah and Reordin from Ta-Wahi.

IC (Leah):

For the two Maru, the trek from Ta-Wahi to Ga-Wahi territory hadn't taken too long. Once they had left the heat and ash of the village of fire behind them, Leah's spirits had begun to lift quite a bit as her energy returned to her. Though being out of the warm climate was only one half of the reason. The other half of it simply was the fact that they were moving again, with a clear goal in mind, the prepare the villages for the new situation as much as possible. Maybe not as a team at the moment, but still as protectors of the Island. And the island would need them. The Piraka had gotten away, the gang was on the loose - and they weren't the only ones. Ga-Koro had already undertaken great efforts to fortify the village - the fortress at Rockwall came to mind - but if that would be enough to weather the coming storm was still an open question.

Beside her, the Toa Maru of ice was keeping pace, though his face was decidedly more unreadable to her at the moment. Though if his train of thought was anything like hers, she had a good guess.

After a few minutes of observing the expression, Leah looked at him. 

"You're thinking about Ko-Koro, aren't you?"

IC:

Doing her best to swallow the bile that could rise at any moment, trying to shove aside the primal wrongness about the corpse, Nihi stepped closer to it and took in details as objectively as she could. She did her best to make her observations coldly, in a way as detached as if she was in a Tower of Knowledge doing research; she forced herself to take slow exhales, and to disregard the drowned carrion stench on her inhales.

The body was the size of a Dashi. Long exposure to the corrosive salt of the sea had pitted its reddish armor, leaving holes through which the cavities in its chest, thighs, skull, could be easily peered into. The limbs, some of them reduced to darkened stumps by the erosion of Zataka's waters, were clothed in seaweed (there was nothing about the limp, glistening seaweed that resembled clothing, though; to Nihi, the strands seemed more like deadly tentacles, or snakes, strangling, crushing, seizing) and other oceanic detritus. With the clarity of a moment that would forever be slowed in her memory, Nihi even noticed a few bright-pink barnacles that had taken up residence on the marred side of the body's face, just next door to its empty eye socket and greened teeth. The corpse's innards had been long since reduced to mush, slimy and wet, that would probably splatter all over the floor when it spilled out of the dead thing at just the merest touch--

Nihi tried to stop herself, but it was too late. She grabbed at the nearest receptacle - a bucket intended to hold used bandages - and retched into it, her body wracked by its instinctive gag reflex. The bile was rancid and bitter; tears welled in Nihi's eyes. She felt a strong hand lay itself on her shoulder as her heaves persisted. Finally, after she spit the last of her stomach into the bucket, Nihi wiped her eyes and mouth and stood up again, and the Commodore removed her hand.

"Thank you, ma'am," Nihi said thickly. Ayiwah only nodded in reply, reminding Nihi that her duty was not yet complete. With apprehension, Nihi returned her eyes to the corpse; luckily, she had nothing left to vomit, now, and it was easier for her to be critical.

"There are no Dasaka trappings on the body," she went on, relaying her observations as they came. "That wouldn't mean too much if it wasn't for the armor, which I think looks more red than anything else; no Dasaka are red like this. The rough shape of the body is consistent with that of a Matoran. Knowing what I know, I would conclude that this had been a Matoran at one point. There's nothing to suggest otherwise."

Edited by Nuju Metru

test2.png

IC:

"Just kind of thinking. Korzaa was one of those people who were born to be soldiers...but the kind of soldier that takes orders, not the one who makes their own. It's why she got so far and I never saw past lieutenant. After Pala-Koro...well, she's never said outright, but I always felt like she was one of the people who blackballed me during my absentee disciplinary hearing. Ambages is even worse; always smiling, trying to be friendly, but there's something off about him. Neither of them like me, I can tell. And I don't like either of them. But they both need me on their side if they're gonna run the Koro."

Reordin sighed. "Mind you, I'd take Korzaa in a heartbeat. I don't like the old harpy much, but I've never doubted her dedication to Ko-Koro, her love for the people, or her pull with the Sanctum. She knows what things were like in the good times, and she'd work hard to keep it that way. No Throne, no Seal of Kopaka, no fancy ceremonial robes...just a good old fashioned Muaka fur jacket, a Sanctum badge, and some peace and quiet." Coming from the charming, slightly hyper-inflated Toa of Ice, the longing for reflection sounded incredibly out of place, but Reordin's face was unreadable, frozen and comely with no expressive tells. Then he shrugged and smirked dryly.

"Or, rather, I'd take Korzaa...if Stannis hadn't put a lock on the Maru getting involved in politics. Ever since Mangaia, that's all Ko-Koro's been. Doesn't leave many other things to do. Hence calling in a couple sick...weeks...now and again. Whenever I'm struck with chronic dehydration, there's a Toa of Water just around the bend."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Liara rolled her eyes briefly, the Ba-Toa wasn't fooling anyone, and continued on her way, slipping her widgets back into the pocket of her lab coat. She passed easily through the clinic, grabbed a small bag off a hook near the door, and stepped outside. She pivoted in place to look back.

"C'mon, Commander." 

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"On my way, Nurse," Tillian snarked, dodging the lasers that Liara's blue eyes shot when she turned over her shoulder to glare at him. The Toa of Gravity came out of the clinic in a forward somersault, landed deftly on his feet - and then, after a few sheepish seconds, wrapped his fingers around Liara's palm.

"This is kind of like old times. Except, thankfully, less Jaron."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Sorry that it's been taking me some time to post. School just started and I'm a little busy, but don't worry, I'm back and better than ever!

IC: Akhulii

Akhulii stopped suddenly and looked at Syvra with a frown. "Hmph. I can take care of myself. If you can make most of the plants I need, then that cuts back quite a bit of luggage... but i'll still need my alchemists kit, or Mata-Nui knows what will happen! And the spit of a Kane-ra... that could be useful..." Akhulii brought out a small note pad and jotted down some notes. 

When he finished, he went through his bag and took out a ton of extra unnecessary items, getting some extra advice from Syvra as to what he should bring along the way. When that was through, everything fit into one bulging suit case.

"Well then, I'm all packed up. When do you think it would be best to start traveling? We could start now but it's getting late... if you'd like we can spend the night here and get some rest. Me personally, I'm ready to go. I can already just imagine the fauna I'll be able to pick and test..." He made a dreamy smile and thought for a moment.

"We also need to know how to get there. Do you know the most effective way to Onu-Koro? We should get a map... unless you already know how."

IC (Rhow):

"Heh, glad you're in, Ira'," Rhow said, grinning, "we're got to go as soon as music-man here decides if wants to show his skills now or wait 'til we come back."

--------------------

IC (Leah):

The Toa of water didn't reply to Reordin's last comment, just smiled, with a hint of being abashed. After a second or two, she said:

"Well, like I said, the village of water is always open to you - and you already know where I stand when it comes to the architect. I don't trust him. And it's not just the lack of his aura, the way he acts....makes me feel like honesty is just a tool for him; something he uses when there's something in it for him."

She harrumphed, but then decided not to stay on the topic of Ambages any longer. It was frustrating to think about and even more frustrating to know that he gave them the slip.

"The thing is, Reo - we can't always protect the Matoran from themselves. Koro politics, trade agreements...unless there's any danger of them getting harmed, there is little we can do about those.  We can try of course - and we should - but ultimately we are there to protect them from outside threats."

"What we can always do though is offer assistance, even with mundane things. That is something I like to do on the slow days. And I think you could try and do more of that in Ko-Koro. Even if the Ko-Matoran just thank you by going '...' "

The two Toa continued walking. Soon, they reached the grasslands that made up a lot of the landscape between the jungle that marked the border of the Wahi and the other forest that grew along the coastline, just behind the beach.

Then, up ahead, a hill came into view. At least, that is what it looked like from a distance, but they both knew it wasn't. It was mostly barren, though the grass was slowly reclaiming the slopes, and looked downright sinister - which was fitting, for this was the Ga-Wahi entrance to the dark walk, the tunnel-exit Makuta's Rahkshi had dug to spring his final all-out attack on the villages. The sight made Leah remember just by how small a margin they had won back then. And yet, with all the recent events in mind, their victory did not seem as triumphant anymore.

Still, the sight inspired the Toa Maru of water to do something. Just as they were about the pass the tunnel opening, she paused. 

"What is it?" Reordin asked. 

"I just..." she started, then paused for a second as she collected her thoughts. Yes, I know we'd agreed to go back to Ga-Koro to look at the pretty girls but, hey, here's the super-creepy Rahkshi-infested tunnel I'd like to check out first.

"I want to know what the Piraka did at the vault. We didn't give chase, so them finding it is pretty much a given; but what did they do once they got there?"

"You think they got in?"

"They didn't pick their destination on a whim, that's for sure. And if they got in, who knows what they found and if the vault is open for others now. I don't want to risk leaving it unchecked."

Aaand cue Reordin eyeroll in 3...2..1...

IC:

Tyrus raised an eyebrow.

"I certainly hope that my little display earlier didn't serve as an inspiration for you," he said, a slight smile playing on his lips. "Most days aren't nearly as exciting as today was. Unless a madman like Flynn comes along, we tend to alternate between patrolling and paperwork."

IC:

My unlit cig already stuffed in a pocket since the Commodore had shown up (she's sneaky), and I glanced back at Mako with a hesitant grin.

"Birdfood, aisle six!" I called to him, raising a free hand into the air for him to follow before I began walking deeper into the labyrinth of crates.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Ryzen

Good thing for me, I hadn't lost sight of my Syvra and that other matoran yet, so that wouldn't be too much of a problem. The problem is that they had stepped inside a shop. I could wait, maybe...?

That would be a waste of time. I better just go in. I stepped in the entrance, just so I blocked the doorway and had a look around the unfamiliar place for myself.

IC: Syvra

Syvra nodded to Akhuli

"I think travelling tonight would likely be the best idea, I mean we can start and stop if we need to..." however he trailed off as he hears the door open to Akhuli's hut, not shop, and turned to see Ryzen. Immediately a look of minor annoyance crossed his face "My my ryzen, quite the determined one today aren't we?" He hesitated as he took a few steps towards the toa of ice with his new foot.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC (Ayiwah):

The commodore nodded at Nihi. The Menti looked pale behind her mask and she did not intend to keep her near the dead Matoran for longer than was necessary. While she was speaking with her, she made a quick gesture with her left hand, signaling one of the Suihei to take the bucket and to get rid of its contents. 

"Thank you for your assisance, Nihi. You are welcome to stay, if that is what you want to do, but otherwise feel free to go, the medical crew will take it from here." she said, her voice sounding sympathetic. "Unless Lady Hanako requires your services I would suggest getting some herbal tea to get rid of the smell and sooth your stomach and then to go topside for some fresh - "

"Commodore! Take a look at this!"

One of the medical crew, a Saihoko, a had suddenly called out. She turned back to the others assembled around the corpse. Their expressions ranged from disgusted and worried to curious and excited as they watched the medic work, some with their arms crossed and their eye narrow, others leaning in slightly to get a closer look. The sailor had moved the body around a bit, which had renewed the intensity of the rotting smell in the cabin and caused a few coughs and sounds of discomfort from those present. But they all quieted down as the medic brushed aside from of the seaweed and algae clinging to the corpse. 

There was a wound underneath, unlike any of the others visible on the other parts of the body: It was an almost perfectly round ring, the size large enough to cover the entire upper back, the edges of which were clearly indicated by blue-greenish bruising. In fact, the whole area looked like one big bruise. But something was off about it. On the first glance, the outer edges looked like they had cut into the flesh underneath, but upon closer inspection - yes, curiosity had gotten the better of the commodore as well and she was leaning in closer along with the others - it appeared as though the wound had been etched into the skin.

"What is it?" she asked the Dashi. He (one of only 3 male Dashi aboard) did not look up while replying and continued to examine the body. "Well, it is hard to tell what exactly happened here, the body simply has had too much exposure to the water at this point, the tissue is too bloated. There seem to be more wounds like this...and they appear to be in a row..." He moved the body a little again, revealing the beginning of another circular wound, further down, but unlike the first one, its outline was incomplete. 

"One thing is for certain though...compared to the other injuries, these are recent. We will have to do a more thorough examination to say more."

"When can I expect results?" Ayiwah asked. The Dashi shrugged slightly. "Hard to say, ma'am. We will start immediately but I can't guarantee a report before tomorrow."

"Very well. I will be awaiting that with great interest then."

"You know, it's funny, commodore, " the Dashi said, while wiping his hands clean on a towel, "if these wounds were smaller, I'd say they look like the marks left behind by cephalop- "

Suddenly, the whole sub shook from a strong blow, the sudden halt making those not seated or holding on to something take an involuntary step, causing several aboard to trip. Crates rattles, small items were knocked loose and somewhere the sound of shattering glass was heard along with a few yelps of surprise. The commodore stood back up straight, looking around to make sure nobody had been injured but all the sailors seemed alright, though with surprise clearly visible in their faces. Ayiwah turned to the passage, both audibly and mentally calling for a sitrep:

"Report!"

"One engine stopped! Number 2 is running but we're not moving. All other system are green but we're listing to port!" came the reply. 

What in Zataka's name is going on?

"Commodore, we must've run aground!"

The commanding officer looked at the others in the cabin. "All hands to stations!" she snapped, before brusquely walking away. With quick steps she hurried through the ship, passing Suihei either making their way to their assigned posts or securing items that had been knocked loose. She had to get topside and get a better look. It was possible their navigational charts had errors in them or were incomplete, not showing shallows or reefs along the route since the first expedition's vessel had been considerably smaller. Also depending on the winds and currents, they could have made their trips following the same course but missing this spot on the map by miles. In less than a minute she had made it to the ladder leading topside and climbed up the deck again.

Ayiwah quickly approached the rail, then leaned over it to peer down the side. The sea had been calm, but now the ocean made waves around them, bubbles rising from below and to the surface, almost as if the ocean around them was heating up to simmering temperatures. Then, suddenly, she saw the blue of the water change into a lighter shade and realized there was something big moving below the Ryuu.

"It's not a reef!" she called out,  the power of her Kanohi Arthron allowing her to sense at least a hint of what was underneath the ship.

As the first enormous tentacle slithered up the side of the hull, her psyonic rapier materialized again.

"Battlestations!"

OOC: 'Ello Beastie :evilgrin:

• Upvote 2

"Much appreciated" I obliged, following the Dashi's directions with simple determination, decidedly low-key.

"There it is" I mumbled triumphantly to myself as I went to grab it...

That was when the entire ship rocked from an impact worse than a sore loser of a mindarm, and the cargo hold's entire population of Datsue was unwillingly toppled to the floor, with the cache of birdfood threatening to fall to the floor and break apart. You could argue that rapidly securing that first might've been a case of misplaced priorities, but I wouldn't hear it over the sound of my quite excellent Mindarm display.

"Battlestations!"

The first thing the prompt made me do was reach for my weapons, luckily I kept them close to my heart (a little up and to the left, to be exact). Having made sure they were there and I wouldn't have to fight with tooth and nail, I ran in the general direction of the Commodore's call to arms, bringing me up towards the top.

:Ready and able, Commodore:

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"I-I just felt as if I could learn more by working as one...T-That and I could really help contribute to something..." He smiled slightly, as somehow the mere thought of doing to something to help felt good. The slug on his back flashed shades of green and orange in his head. The anonymous Toa's own motives were incomprehensible to the parasite. A burning desire to learn more overrided that confusion however and the parakuka remain silent once more.

Edited by Nebula 2.0

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC: Arisaka - Chisai Ryuu-

Arisaka was out on the surface faster than most thought possible. She was rather useless in most situations onboard the vessel save for random errands. But fighting a giant sea creature? Now that was something she was useful for. She rushed toward the tentacle at lightning speed before swinging a Pakari enhanced fist at the mass. 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar