BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Vilda Mako (Chisai Ryuu)

:Got it: I replied quickly to the Commodore's order, let go of Soraph's hands, while still holding her mind up with my own. I reached out towards Hanako's handmaidens (in a decidedly different fashion from the kind of "reach" I'd otherwise have attempted, ehem.), and established contact.

:The Squid's tougher than any one of us, hold together:

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Nameless 

A small smile appeared on the Toa's mask as he nodded and followed behind the Lesterin. The dust and sand from his torn and tattered clothing had blown away from the gukko flights. 

"I don't really know how to fight... But there is training available right...?" The host said quietly as his thoughts drifted back to the duel. 

IC: Tyrus / Ga-Koro Streets

"Of course," Tyrus said as he walked the streets of Ga-Koro. Even in the bustle of afternoon traffic, the Lesterin had little trouble making his way through the crowds. For though his badge was still sitting in the ruins of that Ko-Matoran's ship (he made a mental note to recover it and his second talwar once he had a free moment), the confidence and authority of his stride was enough to convince passing villagers to clear a path for him and his companion "That being said, I assume that you, having survived your journey to this village, have a basic level of fitness?"

IC: Wherya (Ga-Koro)

"I guess I can't argue with that," I replied, shrugging noncommittally (five syllables, not bad) as I offered my hand, making sure to extend the Lesterin my right hand.

"Name's Wherya"

IC: The Angler / Ga-Koro Streets

I was careful to use the hand with all of its fingers attached to it when shaking this Wherya's hand (really, her name was Wherya? Like "were ya"? Like, "Were ya always named that?". Poor girl; middle school must have been a nightmare for her). I smiled at her, measuring its formation to prevent her from being able to infer anything from it; the last thing I needed was for someone to think I was up to no good in Ga-Koro. Mata Nui knows, the moment someone did that would be the moment a Marine turned into our street.

"Pleased to meet you, Wherya," I said. "They call me the, er ... well, the Angler. And before you ask, yes, there is a story behind that name, and yes, it is very interesting."

IC (Tazera)

The Lieutenant stood ready, boarding axe in one hand, Soulwhip in the other.

"Anyone who's unarmed, get below-decks immediately!" she bellowed. "Menti, cover their retreat!"

IC: Daijuno / The Chisaii Ryuu

I couldn't agree with that order any more than if it had been to make Saihoko the ruling class of the Archipelago. I mean, I wasn't a Menti, I couldn't fight a cephalopod like that if my life depended on it ... which it would, if I were one of the combatants. All I had was a knife and lesson in how to cut bread (even if the Menti who had given it was now disassembling the kraken as I was thinking this). With that in mind, I joined the rush for the hatchway, jostling against countless other terrified Dashi.

Yes, I'll admit it; I was terrified.

Even moreso when I saw one of our number get snatched up by a tentacle.

Two other Dashi had attempted to yank the sailor back down, but all they'd succeeded in doing was getting yanked up themselves, encouraging the most of us to get below-decks double-time.

Except for me. It had just me off.

Instead of heading down, I veered to the right, drawing the dagger out of my belt and gripping it until I was sure that my knuckles were white with effort (I honestly didn't have the nerve to look down and check). I grabbed one side of the hatchway, leaning my weight against it, trying to hold it open for the rush of Dashi, while I strained to watch the ensuing battle and observe any other tentacles which were feeling a hankering for Suihei.

I pressed one thumb against the guard of my dagger. The Menti were busy right now. It looked like we'd have to watch out for our own retreat.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"A-ha. A smile. I'm pouting and you're smiling. Balance has been brought to the world."

-Tyler

IC:

"Sounds like the norm." The Toa commented, rolling her eyes slightly as she kept walking. "I mean really, the balance always had to be there somehow."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Well. The end result was you smiling." Til looked over to Liara, and his pursed lips spread outwards, revealing sharp white teeth bared in a juvenile grin. "Mission accomplished."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Kalyss pried Mura off her back.

"Whew! That was quite a run. Not as fast as I like, couldn't pass the speed of sound very much. Let's head on into the village. We'll start asking around."

Vakua's head shot up when he heard the sonic boom. That sounded... familiar. He had abandoned his notion of leaving to assist Ko-Koro, at least for now. The guards had been too frightened of his telepathy. Their loss. Their tune might have changed with time, but they had left. For now, things were looking up.

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: The Angler / Ga-Koro Streets

I was careful to use the hand with all of its fingers attached to it when shaking this Wherya's hand (really, her name was Wherya? Like "were ya"? Like, "Were ya always named that?". Poor girl; middle school must have been a nightmare for her). I smiled at her, measuring its formation to prevent her from being able to infer anything from it; the last thing I needed was for someone to think I was up to no good in Ga-Koro. Mata Nui knows, the moment someone did that would be the moment a Marine turned into our street.

"Pleased to meet you, Wherya," I said. "They call me the, er ... well, the Angler. And before you ask, yes, there is a story behind that name, and yes, it is very interesting."

IC: Wherya (Ga-Koro)

"I wonder why that is" I said, letting the thread die in the air as I followed.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Kalyss pried Mura off her back.

"Whew! That was quite a run. Not as fast as I like, couldn't pass the speed of sound very much. Let's head on into the village. We'll start asking around."

Vakua's head shot up when he heard the sonic boom. That sounded... familiar. He had abandoned his notion of leaving to assist Ko-Koro, at least for now. The guards had been too frightened of his telepathy. Their loss. Their tune might have changed with time, but they had left. For now, things were looking up.

IC: (Mura)

Mura gave Kalyss an odd look.

"Not as fast as you'd like?" Anyway, lets get to the village."

Kathok

IC:

"..." The Le-Toa was silent for a few moments, almost as if taken aback. She adjusted her coat idly, as if trying to cover up the lapse in response, before rolling her eyes. "Since when do you do plans? I seem to recall the A-Team strategy was "charge in recklessly and make it up"."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"No, we didn't." The Le-Toa replied, eyes narrowing slightly, as she, for the first time in a few minutes, looked over to the Ba-Toa. "You may not remember, but you fools spent more time in hospitals than out. And that's when you were lucky enough to be near a hospital, and I didn't have to pull a last minute miracle out of nowhere to keep you from bleeding out on some Karzahni-forsaken forest floor somewhere."

"Piraka fight, Skyra nearly died. Crime? You actually died. Wedding? You nearly died again. After we all split up, Skyra did die, and remains in this world only because I told Mata Nui to shove it. Probably going to go to Karzahni for that."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Cage (Ga-Koro)

Cage stepped from the sandy beach of Naho Bay onto the floating plants that made up the infrastructure of Ga-Koro. 

Matoran, Toa, Turaga and other beings were milling about, some lazily resting, some hard at work building ships, fishing, et cetera.

Cage admired the village for a brief moment, before becoming concerned about the moistness of the Koro, and said effect on his spiffing suit.

He adjusted his tie and made sure the latches on his briefcase were secured.

"I'm like a prickly pear!"

IC:

"And look how that turned out."

IC:

It was a visible effort for Tillian to stay optimistic and patient in the face of Liara. "The good times turned out good. The not-so-good times, we had each other for support. Things could've gone worse."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: The eternally lost merc's eyes went a little wide at that. A little, but they still did.

This was altogether a new one. And he'd seen Dor when worried about his clothing.

"You first."

IC: Cage

Cage's twisted face returned back to it's normal, droopy-eyed state.

"Ahoy there."

IC: The Seventh

Walking into two weird men doing weird things in a weird conversation was par for the course for the Seventh's life. A glass of eggplant juice in hand, the Ga-Matoran looked at the two men before her, before down at her juice, before back up at them.

"Okay, what are you two even doing."

IC:

The Le-Toa almost said what was forefront in her mind. The words worked their way to the tip of her tongue, before she saw the look on the Ba-Toa's face and they were bitten back. She nearly frowned, but the change in expression was killed before it ever really began, replaced by its altogether too familiar facade.

"... Yeah, you're right. We had each other. And they could've been worse."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "I know about as well as you do, kid." Ciph offered, stepping off at an angle to keep both in his field of vision. This had to be something Dor planned. It's always Dor when it's something crazy, and he gets wrapped up into it.

Okay, that was a lie, but still, this had to be indirect karma for the Jacket deal. Man, that guy can't take a joke. I bet he's nabbing another hopeless soul RIGHT NOW.

The heartless demon.

helo frens

IC:

"Y'know what, screwitall. You really don't have to come if you don't want to. I can tell you don't want to. Fine. Forget I asked. Can we just do breakfast like actual friends, and then I'll leave? Because I'm cool with that if you'd just say it for once.

-Tler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: A beat.

"Funny story? Once upon a time, yeah, actually. I had to punch the thing in the gills like twelve times and he still managed to eat all my supplies." Ciph recalled, unslinging the bag and setting it down on the dock, considering he was now in the middle of conversatio--

"...You meant that one at her, right?"

helo frens

IC: A beat.

"Funny story? Once upon a time, yeah, actually. I had to punch the thing in the gills like twelve times and he still managed to eat all my supplies." Ciph recalled, unslinging the bag and setting it down on the dock, considering he was now in the middle of conversatio--

"...You meant that one at her, right?"

IC: Cage

"...no, why?"

IC:

"Didn't bother asking before."

The words were quiet, following a moment of silence. Then the facade broke. The smile fell away, replaced by a dead frown, eyes fixed on the Toa of Gravity next to her. The mask hadn't just broken, it had shattered, like a dam holding back too much water. Her hands, buried in the pockets of her lab coat, balled into fists. "Didn't bother asking the last time you left. Didn't bother leaving a memo. None of you did. Not a one of you asked. No one thought 'Hey, what about Liara?'"

"don't want to do this? don't want to be around you?  you. You left, all of you." Formerly quiet, her voice was beginning to elevate, tone going from calm and collected to a rapidly increasing distress. "Why? I don't have half a clue. All I know is that when I looked around one day, all of you were gone. No sign of when it happened, when it all fell apart, you were just gone. You don't seem to get it."

"You people were what I had. Everything I had. I looked up one day, and you were all gone, leaving me in an empty beach house with a whole host of demons in the mirror. All of you had someone. Krayn had Hari, Naona had her Guards, you had Skyra. Who did I have, huh? When that house burned down, what did I have?"

Silence reigned for a few moments, the Le-Toa staring at the Toa opposite her angrily. For a few seconds, it was almost like she was too furious to speak, as if the torrent of words was too much to get out. Her hands, by this point, were fists so tight that her knuckled were white, muscles so tense they were like taut steel cords. 

"I never left. Not once. I never failed to be there when one of you needed me to be, even when not a single person could have blamed me. You left. You left, and when you did, I had me and a whole bottle full of problems. And you know what? I pulled it together. Somehow, no thanks to any of you, I pulled it together. You want to know why I never went to find you, even when I knew where you were?"

"None of you wanted me to, and if you did, you're all real ###### at showing it."

fK5oqYf.jpg