BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: (Mons Shajs)

He cocked an eyebrow. "Mighta I ask, but'ta do ya a'know tha names 'o these Skakdi?" he said.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Asa

"I... There were six of them. I can't remember their names... Five of them had extremely unusual powers; one only had eyebeams from what I heard. There was this one, he could copy Menti disciplines... Do the Skakdi of this land have powers like that? I never saw them myself but..."

Edited by namcurtsnoC

Shajs already had an idea of who these were. The news of them had spread like wildfire through the cities, but few had seen them up close. The Piraka, they were, the bloody savages that rampaged through Ta-Koro. He'd mostly heard rumors of them, and a account or two from a buddy in the guard. He found it implausible that they were the same, but didn't rule it out. He needed to prod further.

"...Were'a they pretty destructive fellas? 'An whata happened ta them?"

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: 88

88 finally arrived back in Ga-Koro. His sadness still lingered, and he clutched the tiny bag of widgets tightly. Maybe if he had chosen to fly back, he would have arrived sooner. Instead, he arrived at what seemed like the aftermath of a... debacle between the Mata Nuians and the newcomers. Instead of sadness, 88 now felt fear. He crouched down low and put his hands on his snake-like mask. He began to slowly sneak behind the Mata Nuians, but still kept a scared watch on the newcomers. That mental intrusion was not something he wanted a repeat of.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC: Tyrus / Center of Ga-Koro

"It's appreciated, nonetheless," the Lesterin replied smoothly, suddenly breaking off the handshake and tucking his hand back into the pocket of his coat.

"In any case, I don't suppose you would be able to fill us in as regards this alien ship that everyone has been talking about."

---

IC: The Angler / The Southern Charm

"Wait," I added, peering over at the kerfuffle on the pier, "it looks like they're starting to calm down now."

That's slightly disappointing.

---

IC: Daijuno / Ga-Koro

"Names of these six Skakdi?"

I had been listening with mild interest to the conversation of Asa and the Kru-Skakdi, and seeing as this was as good a time as ever to jump into it and away from the mental intrusion and possible hostilities going on three feet away, I had decided to interject.

"Not sure if we ever ended up getting their names or not...," I mused, loosening the scarf around my neck. 

"Arisaka," I called over to the warrior. "Did anyone ever get the names of the Chaotic Six?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Good. I'm doing my job right."

IC:

Sinshi gave Casanuva a briefly appraising look, though she wasn't exactly impressed by his behavior. Too similar to a First Son. The same off-hand arrogance, the same sense of entitlement. Nevertheless, she kept such thoughts off of her face. Glancing at the group of Mata Nuians assembled, she paused.

"... It occurs to me that I have not introduced myself." The Menti gave a brief, low bow. "I am Umbraline Sinshi."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: "That's good, I guess. A brawl might not be the best omen for our sendoff."

Does fate work like that? I think it might. Hard to tell, really, with all the different interpretations and theories about it. Karz, with these foreigners in the mix now, the possibilities are probably even closer to endless once we add all their beliefs in the mix. In the end, I suppose it can't be helped. Everyone has their own mind, their own destiny, their own presence upon this world. For all we know their personal fate could have it's own set of rules that it follows, branching off at a radically different angle from everyone else.

He nodded, stepping forward and propping his arms on the rails.

These things, I think, we're only meant to contemplate, and never comprehend.

So yeah, stick with the safe bet and be thankful a fight didn't start.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC: Casanuva bowed as well, adding a flourish with his hand. "I am Casanuva, Toa of Magnetism for the Toa Kalta. I see you've already met my fellow Kalta, Vakua and Kalyss."

I tried to talk to her, and it turns out entering a Dasaka's mind is a heinous offense. While I have been given permission to communicate directly to her alone, we were informed I should use an intermediary.

Casanuva stepped back, surprised. "Oh. I hope my brother didn't offend you too much with his mask. He didn't mean to offend you, we Kalta have just grown a bit used to it. In addition to bringing us all closer together, it's a valuable tactical asset, being able to link together our minds. Saved our lives just last night."

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: "First mate seems to think nowhere. She's gotta be wrong because not even the Captain would have us sit here at port without having some objective already. He's too much of a mastermind for that. Riiiiiiiiight, Captain?" Sudo asked slyly, putting the captain on the spot already after being on the boat for ten minutes, tops.

This crew had a bright future, he could feel it.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC: Mirra.

Mirra stood off to one side, watching Casanuva trying to apologise to the Dasaka. "The way I see it," she said guardedly to the Dasaka, "perhaps you should be a little more forgiving of those who know nothing of your customs."

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Soraya [Ga-Koro]

"Well," she muttered to herself, "wasn't that fun."  At least nobody had actually started throwing punches - not that she could've blamed Sinshi too much if she had.  (She still owed a certain Ch- Rora a very, very long talk, after all.)

Off to one side, Girah was still cowering behind his pet - thing.  "Safe to come out now," she called over to him.  "Nobody's starting a war.  I hope."

"...Were'a they pretty destructive fellas? 'An whata happened ta them?"

Hold on a second.  This guy knew the Chaotic Six after all? She stayed looking over towards Girah, but she listened carefully to the conversation.  She didn't have any illusions about paying the scumbags back for what they'd pulled - though it was really fun to imagine - but if nothing else, she wanted to keep an ear to the ground for Nihi's sake.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

[Ga-Koro, Center of Town]

Talli wrinkled her nose.  “I wasn’t around for that much.  They seemed to be a bunch of toa dressed in crystal armor, from some land across the sea.  They said something about coming on behalf of some Empress or something.  They seemed to think a whole lot of themselves.”

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Escaped the Archipelago on a sub-thing. Karzahni. Shajs realized at that moment his supicions were confirmed. The Piraka had probably escaped the Kentoku Isles somehow, and made there way to their happy little island, to wreck havoc through Ta-Koro and flee to somewhere in the wilderness. The Piraka, it appeared, were far more powerful than normal Skakdi, and were on his adopted home. Most likely waiting to strike again.

"...Well'a, let me ah' say, its'a most likely they are on'a this island as we talk," he said darkly. "Six Skakdi attacked Ta-Koro weeks ago, wreakin' havoc 'an killin' Guardsmen. I wasn't there, mind ya, but I'va heard too many stories 'bout what a'happened there. They escaped after tha battle, 'an  no one hasa clue where they are." 

[Ga-Koro, Center of Town]

“There’s a difference between being proud of you efforts and thinking some fancy declaration makes you better than everyone else.  I think I know which one they were.”

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC - Tarkah [Center of Town]:

"A-Ah, I see now. I-Is your family alright? T-There was a dead marine brought in earlier..." The young private's voice drifted off as his thoughts still lingered on the Ga-Matoran's fresh corpse.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC: (Mura)

Mura had been thinking the same thing as Mirra, but hadn't particularly wanted to voice his opinions that bluntly.

"Glad to meet you, Umbrella Sin-shee..." he managed, as politely as he could.

Overhearing what Asa was saying, he turned back to her...

"The Piraka, they're called...yeah, they seem to be pretty chaotic, and Mata knows their motives."

Kathok

IC: Casanuva bowed as well, adding a flourish with his hand. "I am Casanuva, Toa of Magnetism for the Toa Kalta. I see you've already met my fellow Kalta, Vakua and Kalyss."

I tried to talk to her, and it turns out entering a Dasaka's mind is a heinous offense. While I have been given permission to communicate directly to her alone, we were informed I should use an intermediary.

Casanuva stepped back, surprised. "Oh. I hope my brother didn't offend you too much with his mask. He didn't mean to offend you, we Kalta have just grown a bit used to it. In addition to bringing us all closer together, it's a valuable tactical asset, being able to link together our minds. Saved our lives just last night."

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro)

"If Kulrik wasn't still alive he'd be turning in his grave right now" I mumbled to myself as I circled around behind Sinshi and appeared on the other side. Putting on my best "welcoming grandpa" face.

In part it was because I wanted to make good on my chances of seeing the people on this new island, but also because I felt like my own kind needed some representation, too. Only so many Datsue on this here trip.

"Hello there, young un's," I addressed the Toa Kalta, "I hope you'll understand that we've all come a long way and are all a bit... let's say 'worn out' an' all that, so please don't take Sinshi here too personally."

Longer than that I didn't dare to take that line of thought, Sinshi did still have a reason to get angry like she did, I was just coming in from the sidelines.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Leah):

"Actually, Mons, we do." the Toa Maru of water chimed in again, now that the immediate tension had passed. She looked at the Skakdi. She rolled her shoulders and continued: "They've holed themselves up below Mangaia, in Makuta's old lair. Toa Reordin and I went to investigate after their attack on Ta-Koro. We also ran into Toa Sulov along the way. As we feared, they were after the vault - and managed to get inside."

She looked grim as she let the news sink in. Because she had more. None of it good. "I just got back from a  fight with two of them - you may have noticed I'm not doing so well on my feet right now. We had the element of surprise on our side, but whatever they had reinforcements..."

"...Rahkshi."

"No idea how they controlled them, but I much-suspect they found something in the vault that gave them that power. We were outnumbered and forced to withdraw."

Things weren't all bad though. Judging by the auras of the Dasaka, Leah noticed a wide range of emotion from excitement to anger and other, undiscernible, passionate feelings that painted a pretty clear picture. The Dasaka knew the Piraka - and it looked like they had some unfinished business. And if that was the case, perhaps the newcomers would even out the odds.

(Ayiwah)

The Commodore had been focused on the shore party for the last couple of moments, ready to step in if tensions got too high, but the Toa Maru said instantly got her attention.

The chaotic six were her, on this island. And the natives knew where they were hiding. Better yet - the Dasaka and Matoran had a common enemy in them, as even the Skakdi with the Marines seemed to have little love for them.  

She looked to Hanako and Nihi. This revelation was probably even more exciting for them. After all, they had planned on keeping their eyes open, asking the villagers they encountered if they had even seen the Piraka. But now...

They had not even spent a day on this strange island yet and already they knew where the criminals were hiding - at least a few of them.

:It would appear that we've managed to catch a break.:

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Eleen (Ga-koro, Marines HQ)

Eleen finished her report and went to the barracks, and slept. There had been some ruckus outside, apparently ome strangers had arrived. She didn't care in the slightest, for she was certain other marines would deal with the situation. Her squad was either sleeping or training. She lied down on her bed and fell asleep soon after. The foreign visitors can wait.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Kalyss turned towards the elder. "At least we only have to deal with your expedition. We don't have time for duels or whatever else you people call it, we have a mission we need to accomplish."

Casanuva shrugged. "True enough, I suppose. We were going to head to Ko-Koro, see if we can be of any help there."

Vakua tilted his head, and relayed some thoughts to Casanuva. Casanuva nodded. "Vakua asks where exactly this cultural aversion to having your mind entered came from? Is having someone talk in your head such a shock?"

IC: 88

"Vakua asks where exactly this cultural aversion to having your mind entered came from? Is having someone talk in your head such a shock."

That remark caught 88's attention. He wasn't sure what exactly had gone down, but after hearing the conversation, he had a vague idea. These newcomers, or Dasaka, had the power to talk in other people's heads, but hated it when someone else did it to them. They traveled all over in a submarine, and had come to Mata Nui for diplomacy and to catch six Skakdi.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC Girah:

"Safe to come out now. Nobody's starting a war. I hope."

Letting out a hiss of air in relief, Girah reomposed himself with a shutter. "I would commend your hope, as I share it myself."

The Matoran cleared his thorat, and did his best to clear up some of the syntactical confusion, and his knowledge of events. "I can say that Ko-Koro was evacuated pretty efficiently. I actually was with some of the refugees quite recently. But it is unlikely everyone got evacuated. Then again, my knowledge is second-hand. If they have holed up in Mangaia..." The matoran shook his head. "As for Rahkshi, they are big, brutish sort of creatures with perverse abilites and an evil core. Think of them as particularly bright Rahi with exotic Toa-powers and bloodlust."

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC:

"It was... A misunderstanding." Sinshi said politely, forcing herself to take the polite, diplomatic route. "Your coordination is not dissimilar to a clan on our home, though they practice it to a greater degree."

"To answer your question, however, why would we not be averse to it? When we speak between ourselves, no one crosses into one another's mind. Our thoughts are not directed, they are, for lack of a better term, spoken. Any one of our people within range can pick up on them, should they choose to do so. A Willhammer, on the other hand, can batter through the defenses to one's mind. If they do, they can lay a person's entire soul bare. Every secret, every fear, everything they don't dare to say aloud." She paused, remembering the training in the Yards. "A Willhammer can force their way into the mind, and they can see what they wish."

"Why would we not be averse to it?"

IC:

"I say again, I'm doing my job right."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

"Why would we not be averse to it?"

IC: Mirra and Wisp.

"Yet your companion did it to our people to show off your powers or whatever," Mirra pointed out, "I just think it seems a little unfair that you guys were so angry at Vakua for breaking rules he was unaware of, even after your buddies have broken those rules themselves." 

Wisp finally made it over to the rest of the group. "What did I miss?" he asked, lightning up another cigarette. 

"Just discussing some cultural differences," Mirra explained, "it's a long story." 

"I see..." Wisp held out the packet of hand-rolled cigarettes in his hand. "Anyone want a smoke?" 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Tyrus / Center of Town

The Lesterin nodded solemnly as Talli spoke, the mention of crystal armour and Empresses and strange isles across the waves drawing no expression of surprise from him. After all, this island had already seen eldritch Dark Lords, magical tattoos, and madmen the likes of which pushed the limits of disbelief (meanwhile, his thoughts back to the small figure currently languishing in the village prison). At this point, Tyrus was prepared to believe quite a bit about the universe.

Besides, it wasn't his job to question things such as this. Simply to report them.

Nor did he show any emotion at Tarkah's clumsy attempt to make sure that his fellow Marine and her family were all right; he simply raised one hand to his face to shield his eyes from the sun, and monitored the horizon for signs of these imperial envoys. Hopefully that would be enough to give the other Marines the illusion of privacy.

---

IC: The Angler / The Southern Charm

I raised an eyebrow at Sudo's bit of verbal manoeuvring there, mildly impressed with the Toa's slyness.

This'll be one to watch out for, I can feel it.

---

IC: Daijuno / Ga-Koro

I'd quickly gotten bored of waiting for Arisaka to answer; no matter how wonderful and brilliant I may claim myself to be (and I do so on numerous occasions [just ask any of the workers down in the Ryuu's cargo bay]), I've long been known to have the attention span of a dust darter when it came to anything that didn't involve business (and this only nebulously involved business).

It probably didn't help that some random Toa had just walked up to us and offering native smokes.

Jackpot.

A lazy smile on my face, I plucked the remainder of my old cig from my mouth and tossed it away, before pulling a fresh Grade-A Kentoku smoke from my pocket and holding it out to the fellow.

"Hey, buddy," I said, "how 'bout a trade? One of our cigs for one of yours."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

The mention of the Piraka having Rahkshi made him shiver. So they were in the depths of Mangaia, with numbers of Rahkshi upon their whim. And not even the Toa Maru were able to defeat them. It was horrific news, he thought. Only Mata Nui knew what kind of things the thugs had down there, in the Vault of Makuta, nonetheless. It also seemed the Dasaka had come to Mata Nui in part to find the Piraka and take vengeance for the destruction they caused on their Archipelago. Or something in that respect.

"Well... It'a seems ya came ta this land ina very inconvenient time," he said. "Ta say things incred'ably lightly..."

Ic: Seneaux

Seneaux woke up to the sound of waves crashing against her hut. A very calming sound that she'd grown used to over the years. Today however, the waves were harsher. This had been happening ever since the strangers arrived. She hated them. She walked out of her house and stretched her arms. Her hand throbbed in pain, as it nearly always did. She began to walk to the shore, observing the beautiful nature around her.

Ooc: Open for interaction

Hair back, collar up, jet black, so cool, sing it like the kids that are mean to you!

BzpRpg Profile

IC: Interesting. I apologize for the intrusion, but my Suletu is not nearly that powerful, for the most part. I can sense thoughts directly related to me just by being in proximity, and can pore through surface thoughts if I want to and project other's thoughts into someone else, but I have not really tried going further. Furthermore, that is just on Mata Nui inhabitants; matoran, toa, skakdi, vortixx. With you Dasaka, I can't see much at all. I can project thoughts into your mind, but that cannot affect you more than whispering into your ear. The only thoughts I can glean are what you deliberately respond to mine with. I haven't seen this in any other species; technically, your people are safer than anyone else around here. But I shall respect your people's traditions unless a dire need for me to directly speak to one of you arises.

Vakua thought alone for a moment, then contacted Vesun.  You might have better luck asking one of their Willhammers to assess you, this memory degeneration ailment you have might be known to them. If I remember, Asa over there is a healer.

"Well... It'a seems ya came ta this land ina very inconvenient time,"

Kalyss snorted. "I'll say. There are disasters happening all across the island, natural or otherwise. There are beetles devouring the jungle in Le-Wahi, a devastating sandstorm hit Po-Koro a while back, and Ko-Koro was just taken by the Mangaia Pact. My team was going to go there soon, we think that was why we might have been deployed to this island. We only came to meet you people because we thought it could have been your expedition we were sent to stop."

IC:

As Mirra spoke, Sinshi's eyebrows arched upward with every word. The normally stoic Dasaka was quiet for a few moments, regarding the Toa before her with a look that positively radiated askance exasperation. "Do I look like my companion? I am psychic, not omniscient. I am not aware, nor do I even have the ability to be aware, of what one of my Willhammer-enabled comrades may have done."

"My anger is directed at one individual. And I believe I've freely acknowledged that he had no way of doing, though that fact does not make the experience less unpleasant. I don't hold the action of that individual against you, nor does it make sense to compare the action of one individual to the reaction of another. Nor do I think it concerns you, Toa. That Toa of Plasma, she has valid reason to have a quarrel with me. As the sister of the individual to whom I reacted, she has every right to be angered, though on my home she would be on the wrong side of that argument." The Menti paused, crossing her arms as she looked the Toa of Crystal up and down. "If you have a quarrel with me, by all means, voice it. Otherwise I think it would be best for you to leave settled matters, particularly ones that don't concern you, where they lie."

With a flick of the mind, she redirected her attention to Vakua once more.

You had little way of knowing. My reaction, under these circumstances, was not as justified as it would have been back home. That said, though your power may not be as potent as a Willhammer, it is not something that would be appreciated by most. Catch the wrong individual at the wrong time, and you might even find you've bitten off more than you can chew quite by accident.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Vakua smirked. I would think you would be more afraid of my Sonics. The right frequency, and all that crystal you all have shatters. Higher frequency, and you get knocked out. On the other hand, your people certainly have an advantage over Casanuva.

Vakua jerked his head at his brother, talking to the Datsue. When his Magnetism fails him, he has to resort to harsh language.

IC:

Your people's ability to control the elements is impressive. The Soulsword admitted, the faintest hints of a grin tugging at her outward expression. But you are not as intimidating as I once thought. We may not know your abilities, but you do not know ours. Especially among your people, I have found one very, very key advantage.

No matter what you do, you cannot disarm us.

fK5oqYf.jpg