BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Melna (Ga-Koro)

At least she didn't startle when Day used his Kualsi

After an awkwardly long pause, she spoke up and managed to speak clearly.

"I just meant to say I'm gonna take another jump"

IC: Day

"Ah." Day said, glancing at the rock. "I think I'll do the same."

IC: Kadon

I ground my teeth as I marched down the shoreline, muttering to myself. Of course, Drome had taken off without me. The great lump had tried to slip away, but there was no way I was going to let him slink off after what he did to me! The months in the hospital, the endless weeks of pain... the staggering debt I now have to pay off! It was all Drome's fault, and until he (quite literally) paid for it, he was going to be stuck with me.

For a moment, I paused. Did I really want to catch up to him? It occurred to me that I could just walk away and never see the brute again. Was revenge really worth it, in the end?

Of course it was! Besides, there was no way I could pay off the hospital bill by myself. And, as luck would have it, Drome was not far ahead of me. I could tell by the unnaturally loud roar that had just rolled down the coastline- almost certainly the result of Drome's sonic powers. I walked more quickly, determined to catch him, and before long I had spotted him. He was lounging under a tree, no doubt gloating to himself about how cleverly he'd lost me. Hah! I'd show him!

"Drome!" I yelled, heading directly for him. I couldn't help but grin- once again, Drome had failed to outwit me.

Edited by Cadias

OOC: ... Now I want to do first person Drome again. This is your fault, Cadias. XD

On another note, I think this is the calmest I have ever wrote Drome.

IC: Drome

Peace. So fragile and precious a thing. One never really realizes how much they treasure it until it has vanished from their grasp. Unfortunately for me, I knew it was over the moment I heard my name shouted. If there was one person who could ruin even the happiest of times with their presence, it was Kadon. He was to joy what a dart was to an eyeball. Wait... no, that wasn't right. You could get rid of Kadon. A dart to the eye was kinda permanent.

Having him around HURT like a dart to the eye. There, that's better.

There was, however, one positive side to his presence here. I could try to get him to pay me back for the stupidly high medical I got because he charged into battle and I had to charge in after to rescue him. I smirked slightly as he came closer, ignoring him for the moment. First I would make him pay off this stupid bill, and then I would punch his face! And if he didn't pay for it, there was always the option of punching him in the face twice.

All of this thinking about punching him in the face reaaally made me want to punch him in the face.

"What do you want, Kadon? Here to apologize and pay off your debts?"

Yeah, I could tell what his answer would be right away, which is why I had carefully moved my hand over to the handle of my mace. I probably shouldn't be fighting so soon after getting out of a hospital, but you know what they say...

'It's worth pain to punch an idiot.'

Or something like that.

Edited by Mythologist Eschatologist

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC:

"Do they have the 'Jacks on Stacks on Stacks special on Sado?"

-Tyler

IC:

"I understood Sado in that sentence, and that was about it."

IC (Akimoto)

"Excuse me," she said, walking over to the natives. "Can you tell me the way to the docks?"

IC:

The Marine smiled pleasantly at the newcomer, hands clasped behind his back.

"Of course, miss," Tyrus said, nodding. "But perhaps I could lead you there personally? I take it that you're not from around here, and a guided tour of the village by one of its Marines is not to be missed."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Ever seen a stack of pancakes as big as a girl's calf, Dai? If you get strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries on top with powdered sugar before seven in the morning, you can get each stack for a widget. I usually go two or three with some strawberries and a milkshake before shift if I'm working mornings. Nom nom nom."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

The Marine smiled pleasantly at the newcomer, hands clasped behind his back.

"Of course, miss," Tyrus said, nodding. "But perhaps I could lead you there personally? I take it that you're not from around here, and a guided tour of the village by one of its Marines is not to be missed."

-Void

IC (Akimoto)

Aki paused, reflecting on the encounters she'd had so far with these natives. Only one had really gone downhill; the typical native seemed mostly harmless, if a little weird sometimes. But that was probably just the culture difference. And anyway, they could trust the Marines if they could trust anyone.

"Sure," she said, inclining her head politely. "I'd like that."

She extended a hand. "I'm Dastana Akimoto."

IC: Kadon - Ga-Wahi Coast

I narrowed my eyes, clenching my hands into fists. Drome was smirking infuriatingly as he suggested that I was responsible for the accident, that I owed money to him! Of course, I had expected this. Expecting Drome to act like anything resembling a decent person was nigh insanity.

"Oh, I'm supposed to apologize and pay off debts, am I? Drome, this is a new intellectual low for you: You've actually managed to get the two of us mixed up! I almost feel sorry for you," I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm as a smirk of my own appeared on my face. "Really, though, I'm impressed. I didn't know that it was possible to be any less intelligent than you were before the fight."

You know, it hadn't really occurred to me before how perfectly Drome's appearance fit his personality. Drome's armor was appalling- it was teal and orange, a horrific combination of colors that brought to mind a rotten, moldy fruit more than anything else. This, I was sure, was no coincidence; after all, a rotten, moldy orange perfectly summed up all of the charm and appeal possessed by my long-time companion and rival. Spikes jutted out from his shoulders, intended to stab those who came too close- again, perfectly describing the experience of being around him. Why on Mata Nui did I hang around this brute again?

Oh, right. I really, really needed money.

OOC: Can you smell that odor in the air? I believe it might be violence on the horizon. Like... moldy blueberries and oranges served with a side of smack-talk.

Every single one of Kadon's words were fighting words. Even 'oh', 'I', and 'to'. I should have just decked him right there and then buried him in the sand to wait for high tide. But the scenery was enough to help me calm myself, even if only for a moment. If he wanted to sling insults about my intellect, then I could do the same. ONLY BETTER

"My fault?" I roared as I rose to my feet, mace now tightly in my hands and within clear view of Kadon. it wasn't really a threatening gesture yet, but my armor certainly made it look like such. I doubt it would phase Kadon though, he probably didn't even notice how scary my armor looked anymore.  "What mad excuse for logic would make you think that this could be in any way linked to me possibly being the one to blame?!"

I almost laughed at the laughably laughable accusations and attacks on my intelligence. Fitting that Kadon was the first to start with the insults, his temper WAS always getting us into trouble.

"That's like trying to blame a gukko because its rider crashed it into a tree!"

"Like blaming the baker because you dropped your bread on the ground!"

"Like blaming a child for something their imaginary friend did!"

"Like blaming your foot because you dropped a hammer on it!"

I shook my head with a sigh. I could never have imagined just how whiny and annoying Kadon would become after a stay in the hospital. Sure, he was whiny and annoying before, but this was a personal record in annoyingness. Maybe even an island-wide record breaking attempt.  "I took out one of the enemies, neutralized another with words, AND ended the fight peacefully." I boasted, puffing out my chest. "Because it certainly takes someone exceedingly stupid to accomplish that.

"Meanwhile, you were playing pincushion." I chuckled, perhaps a bit too loudly. "Takes a lot of intellect to get yourself shot by arrows."

"Ooooh wait. No it doesn't. It takes a lot of idiot."

"A lot of Kadon shaped idiot."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC:

"Nom nom nom."

IC:

"Goddess," I said, wiping my sleeve across my mouth just to make sure I was salivating. "That's it. That's it. I must have died in that kraken attack and now I'm in Artakha. Only logical explanation."

IC (Akimoto)

She extended a hand. "I'm Dastana Akimoto."

IC:

"Private Tyrus Archer. Pleasure," the Lesterin said, shaking her hand. "Now, shall we, miss Akimoto?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Whitehot briefly debated whether Sinshi would be upset at her if she filled Dai's head with so many cool trivia points about Ga-Koro that it exploded.

Like, Dai was cool.

But , wouldn't it be a sight?

"Breakfast date it is, then. Yo Tarkus, you want to be my Goldie for the morning tomorrow?"

Dantas would understand. She couldn't just leave a man bleeding silently behind her.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: When it comes to Kadon and Drome, there's always violence on the horizon. Incidentally, I've decided to use a darker shade of green for Kadon- that lime color is downright painful. 

I felt a surge of anger as Drome let loose his latest insult. It wasn't nearly as clever as mine, of course, but Drome had a special way of aggravating me with every single thing he did, like he was sandpaper constantly grinding away at my patience. Granted, that sandpaper had a mace, but I wasn't going to let him intimidate me. "As I recall, you were the one who jumped to the INSANE conclusion that they were a gang of criminals, which got us into the fight in the first place! That certainly takes a lot of intelligence, doesn't it?" Of course, that I had believed him was beside the point. Yeah.

I couldn't help but smirk more as I anticipated how much my next retort would sting. "Really, Drome, if you're so fond of insulting others, then you should learn to take a few insults yourself. It might help you pull off that 'tough guy' act for once in your life." I began walking away, trying to look casual and be quick at the same time. I didn't want to be within range of that mace.

IC:

"The size of what girl's calf?" Sinshi wondered out loud, not paying much attention to what had followed. With her eyes rolled slightly up and to the right, it seemed like she was trying to visualize the amount. "... Well. A sizable amount regardless, I should think."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"I am something else. Dasakan society seems to place a higher value on certain courtesies than is placed here." Sinshi elaborated, shrugging slightly as she did. "Such things are to be expected."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

That was it. Kadon was going to get it. I could see the unnatural mixture of casual and speed, and every single part of it ticked me off. Kadon had been nothing but a pain since I had first met him. Insulting my armor, messing with my books, betting on the drunk tarakava instead of me... It was like a never ending wave of torment. And to add to it, now he was tracking me down on the beach just to insult me.

Fortunately for me, and not so fortunately for him, he seemed to have forgotten one thing: He didn't like me when I was angry. Channeling the memory of every painful shock I had been subjected to, I rose to my feet.

I was going to punch him so hard that he tasted knuckle for weeks!

"Kadon. you are nothing but a-" At this point my power of sonics triggered, a deafening blast aimed straight at the 'fleeing' Toa. "SLIMY LIME!"

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC:

Meanwhile, I was still picturing Whitehot's calf.

IC (Akimoto)

"Lead the way."

IC Sorox

Then he was off the hook.

IC:

Tyrus nodded as well, flicking a look of reprimand at the other.

"You should know, sir, that do not take well to being followed," he said as he turned to lead Akimoto away. "I believe that you were headed elsewhere, sir?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

In hindsight, I really should have seen it coming.

Drome's amplified insult hit me hard, knocking me down into the sand. The whole world rang with a screaming, high-pitched noise and I felt dizzy, but I rolled to the side and leaped to my feet, expecting Drome to be following up with another attack. At the moment, he wasn't, so I steadied myself.

I wanted nothing more than to fry Drome into a crisp, to give him a taste of my electricity that he wouldn't soon forget. I grabbed my sickles, gripping them tightly and trying to control myself. Actually, there was something I wanted more than hurting Drome, and sadly, getting into a fight wouldn't make it easier.
 "Look, Drome," I said, yelling so that I could hear myself over the ringing, "as much as I would love to beat you into a pulp, you know what I want more? To get away from you! And you know when that's going to happen? When I have enough money to pay off my medical bills! So just admit it and pay up so I don't have to see your ugly mug ever again!"

Part of me really wanted to fight Drome, but a bigger part of me didn't want to risk ending up in the hospital again. The last thing I needed for the bill to get any bigger!

Money to... pay off. Karz! Kadon was as flat broke as I was at the moment. That's why he expected me to pay for the hospital bill... the exact same reason that I wanted him to pay for it. It was like some sort of unholy cycle of unpayment, and it wasn't actually either of our faults... It was all the hospital's fault! What sort of medical facility would leave one in the state where they were willing to fight their friends to the death in order to pay it off?! It was sickening.

"Karz." I grumbled aloud. "So... you're broke too, eh? Welcome to the club."

"As much as I want to make you eat beach, doing so might cause me to be mildly injured." I sighed with disdain, putting down my mace. "I realized something just a second ago. We're both here blaming each other... but it was that disk throwing guy that started it! And I smashed his face in, so that's already taken care of..."

"Plus if we get injured... it might be a bit harder to make back the money." The words I was about to say sat like a poison in my mouth, a noxious film that stung all the more to spit out. Reaching out my hand, I let loose the accursed words. "Truce?"

Wait. That was only one word. It hurt like multiple though!

Edited by Mythologist Eschatologist

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

What, what? It was that easy? The fight was just... over? Oddly, I kinda missed it. I've probably been in the hospital for too long.

I shifted uncomfortably, avoiding looking directly at Drome. "I wouldn't say broke. I just, uh, don't have any money." I didn't like admitting it- I had absolutely nothing. No home, no cash... the only thing I seemed to have, through some cruel twist of fate, was Drome. Ugh. Just thinking that made me shudder.

Drome did have a point, though, and I hadn't come here to fight with him anyway. Reluctantly, I shook his hand and summoned the willpower to repeat what Drome had said. "Truce."

I sighed and sat down in the shady spot that Drome had previously occupied, leaning back as I thought. "We'll probably be done with this more quickly if we work together. Which means we're stuck with each other. Again. Which we're both so thrilled about. Regardless, we need to make a lot of money fast...." I let my sentence trail off into silence. The only option that seemed available was to get a job somewhere, and that didn't appeal to me at all. I'd have to settle down somewhere, and go do things for someone I probably wouldn't like for what would probably be horrible pay for what would probably be an eternity! An eternity with Drome..... I shuddered again.

I smirked just a bit and glanced at Drome. "Any bright ideas?" Anything's possible, after all.

I had to say, I was horribly disappointed. I expected Kadon to electrocute me as soon as he touched my hand, giving me enough reason to justify kicking him halfway to Karzahni. That was a very bad sign, a very bad sign indeed. As I shook his hand I felt a cold unnerving crawl up my spine. The last time we had been actually willing to work together was when we were under an attack from a would-be murderer. The time before that was when we had to go crawling around in a nest filled with the angriest bugs I had ever seen in my life. What did that say about this very moment?

Our darkest hour had arrived. A threat with no way to just punch it in the face.

I looked down when I realized that Kadon had stolen my nice spot beneath the tree. Ok. Now he was just pushing it. How did he expect me to be willing to work with if he couldn't even share the Mata-Nui forsaken tree? "You want my ideas? What, can't come up with any your-"

No, I had to stop myself there. As sweet as it would be to dig a dagger of words right into his gut, it would be easier to work together in this instance. I'd just keep a running tab of just how much pain I owed him for later. This was going to be the most difficult thing I had ever done in my life.

Taking a seat in the grass near the tree, I scratched my head. "Well, let's see... what skills do we have?"

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Well, now that I didn't have the means for a morning bow-fishing trip...

"I should be free."

Part of me wondered just when I became so familiar with the Marines as to be making plans with one of their sergeants, but it was overwhelmed and drowned out by the resulting chorus of "that's how things are now."

helo frens