Jump to content
Nuju Metru

BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Recommended Posts

IC:

"The Sergeant got it for you, Daijuno. You're free to do what you like." The Umbraline replied, with the second closest expression to a smile all night. "Which includes giving away or keeping as much, or as little, of it as you like."


fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Darien

 

"Oh! Uh...sure, of course." Darien cleared his throat. There was plenty he could say about the island, but what exactly would be of interest to the foreigner? "Anything specific you want to know about perhaps?" 



My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

There was a sudden thunk against the side of Talli's boat which, perhaps, she could have taken for a Takea swimming a tad too close to the vessel. It would have been a sound theory, had the thunk not also have been accompanied by the equally-sudden cry of "Hello! Is there anyone aboard?"

 

 

 

[Ga-Wahi, Naho Bay]

 

Talli sat up with a start; the bump had unnerved her more than usual.

 

“Yes,” she said, peering over the side at the person who had disturbed her star-watching.

Edited by Mel

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - LuciraMorie - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed

Clan Plangori - Clan Kuychar
I got that string theory--it doesn't work to push, you gotta pull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

Lux clutched desperately at the side of the boat, clad only in swimming trunks and an embarrassed smile.

 

"Oh, thank God," he said, voice high in relief. "I was out swimming, and I guess I didn't realize how far out I'd gotten.... Er, that is: sorry to impose, but you couldn't, uh, help me up, could you? Just that, I'm not sure I'm strong enough to make it back to shore, and I'm pretty sure I saw a fin back there...."

 

-Void


 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

Soraph raised an eyebrow. 

 

She didn't see why Fyura's companion was so quick to interrupt the Parakuka-latched Skakdi. That usually mean't someone had something to hide. The Dasaka decided not to comment on the deception - after all, the expedition was here to make friends with the locals.

 

"I understand, rocks can be troublesome. That's why back home we prefer to build with crystal. I'm Soraph by the why; who might you be?" she asked the Turaga.

 

IC: The Archivist didn't see any trouble letting this being know his name for now. "I am Maeloc, the leader of our little expedition. I saw you and the... others like you the other night. If I recall, I came in at the tail end of your colleague's rebuttal to Fyura's little outburst. The one with the ghost swords? Anyway, Soraph, Fyura tells me you wanted to speak with her about something. I guess I'm here to help her make sense."


BZPRPG Profiles


TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix


OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia


"They belong in a museum!"


"So do you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

"Can't imagine that being a problem," Whitehot deadpanned, at odds with the close-eyed, serene look on her face as she faced the stars.

 

-Tyler


whats up doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

"I grew up in the poorest part of Mata Nui's most capitalist village, Dai. I know a merchant to the bone when I see her."

 

-Tyler


whats up doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

"Fair enough," I said, shrugging lightly. "But as much as lying is a big part of my trade, I make it my business not to go back on my promises. The whole 'honour' Virtue back home rubbed off too much on me, unfortunately."

 

-Void


 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

"Good. So you can promise to be Sinshi's buddy to breakfast bright and early tomorrow! Just like Tarkus'll be mine!"

 

The glint of a particularly well-placed star shone on Munequita's grin.

 

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

whats up doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Darien

 

"Oh! Uh...sure, of course." Darien cleared his throat. There was plenty he could say about the island, but what exactly would be of interest to the foreigner? "Anything specific you want to know about perhaps?" 

 

IC (Akimoto)

 

Aki inclined her head in greeting, then shrugged. "Not really. Tyrus offered to show me around Gak-Oro; is there anything you think is particularly worth seeing?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

"She can be a little tough to understand through that accent" Soraph agreed. It still seemed strange to her that this Datsue Maeloc insisted on hanging around -Fyura's speech wasn't  that difficult to decipher - but he seemed to be in charge. And the Vilda princess had to admit, the more she could learn about Mata-Nui, from anyone, the better.

 

"I guess I'd like to know more about the Parakuka on her back. I know it can give her incredible strength, and it has some sort of sentience, but can you tell me anything else about it? And I've heard it comes from some being called 'Makuta.' What can you tell me about him?"

 

Her voice sounded more eager than she'd mean't it to. She had always been looking for something that would give her an edge over her aunt Relisai, and Mata-Nui looked like it was full of them.


Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

 

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

"That'd take a lot of eating Daijuno. If one of our compatriots hasn't already done it, I don't imagine we will."


fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC (Dakte)

 

"Then I'd be a fool to refuse," replied Dakte, with a smile. "What do I need to do?"

 

IC: Vilda Mako (Naho Bay)

 

"Sit down across from me, and make eye-contact. Feel free to imagine whatever you need to keep your attention, just so long as you're focusing."


BZPRPG Profiles

 

Ferron-Nuparu-Mar-Zelvin-Tamachan-Wiremu-Farzan-Trava-Mako

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

"That sounds ominous."

Edited by Riku Tryon

fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

"It's not," Whitehot complained, opening her eyes and tilting her head backwards to stare up at the Umbraline Menti. "It's really good. Perfect on top of any dessert."

 

-Tyler


whats up doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Maeloc's mask twisted into a thin smile. "That, miss Soraph, is a topic I am able to answer." He prodded Fyura, pointing down. The skakdi knelt. "The Parakuka is very similar to another of the Makuta's creations, the kraata. They are vicious beings that control rahkshi. The Parakuka, however, is a parasite. Once it bonds, it drains the life force from the host, slowly. The bond is somewhat symbiotic, though; as you saw, it allows access to the stolen energy for short periods, which can be used to trigger the... transformation. It is formidable; I've heard that the Toa Maru had trouble with turaga that had been bonded with them."

 

As he talked, we gestured to the slug clamped beneath Fyura's external spine. "However, besides the fact that the parakuka is stealing life energy, there are additional downsides. It comes with a loss of many of the abilities creatures like us enjoy." The onu-turaga pointed to Fyura's eyes. "In the skakdi's case, she has lost her vision powers, and her elemental powers. Toa are deprived of their mask powers. And, for reasons unknown to anyone, the Parakuka exhibit a strange aversion to foriegn technology. Simplistic tech created on the island won't trigger it, but anything more advanced found in the possession of creatures such as Skakdi or Vortixx, or found in..." the turaga cleared his throat when he realized how much he had carried on. "Well, they don't play well, let's leave it at that."

 

Fyura grunted in a forlorn fashion. "I meez my lazer vizhun."

 

"I'm sure you do," Maeloc responded nonchalantly. "However, Fyura here is uniquely gifted among Parakuka-bonded beings. She has... developed a unique ability that aids with her bond."

 

The skakdi's eyes widened as she realized what Maeloc was saying. Fyura's look of surprise shifted into a wide, gleeful smile.

 

The Archivist smiled. "Would you like to see?"


BZPRPG Profiles


TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix


OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia


"They belong in a museum!"


"So do you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

The Vilda princess visibly winced when Maeloc mentioned the loss of powers associated with being latched by a Parakuka. Soraph understood that there would be drawbacks, but to completely lose access to the mental realm? That was unthinkable for any Menti. She would no sooner agree to be blinded, deafened or suffer the loss of a limb. 

 

No, Parakuka were decidedly not nearly as attractive as Soraph had originally thought, energy-stealing parasite aside.

 

But the mention of 'Toa Maru' piqued her curiosity, as did these 'other' powers that Fyura had developed.

 

"Yes, I would very much."


Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

 

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Fyura and Maeloc exchanged a look. "It's your power," the Archivist said. "You figure out a demonstration."

 

Fyura nodded, and stood back up. The massive fe-skakdi looked around for a moment, then came upon an idea. Fyura extended her arm, palm down. "Grab my arm. Ay promise zis vill not hurt."


BZPRPG Profiles


TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix


OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia


"They belong in a museum!"


"So do you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Fyura grinned as her hand flexed, and her Energy Hunger kicked in. There was a glow as the strength from Soraph's hand was absorbed into Fyura.

 

"She calls it 'energy hunger'," Maeloc said quietly, almost a whisper. "Instead of the parakuka absorbing her life force, she can feed it the strength of others. This ability is entirely unique to Fyura, though I have heard of similar abilities. All of which are granted from the same source."


BZPRPG Profiles


TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix


OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia


"They belong in a museum!"


"So do you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Maeloc narrowed his eye, and his lenspiece adjusted to gauge her reaction. "We have taken to calling it Antidermis." He glanced away from the Dasaka to glare at Fyura. "Stop that before you drain the poor girl into unconsciousness."

 

Fyura grumbled and wrestled her arm away. She had enjoyed the little snack; acted as a nice pick-me-up. The energy reminded Vayde of Toa; then again, his palette consisted solely of Fyura, a few fire beetles, and whoever she had drained in the caves...


BZPRPG Profiles


TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix


OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia


"They belong in a museum!"


"So do you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

Soraph quickly pulled back her arm, shocked to find it pale and feeling significantly weaker than just a few moments earlier. She started massaging it gingerly with the other hand and watched as it's usual color began to return. 

 

The Menti flashed a look of anger at Fyura was replaced almost instantly with fascination.

 

Drained to unconsciousness? Now this power was something Soraph could use. 

 

She returned her focus to the Datsue Maeloc.

 

"And how could I, a foreigner with little funds, get my hands on this Antidermis?" Soraph asked. 


Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

 

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Both Fyura and the onu-turaga chuckled, and Maeloc's smile returned. "Oh, you can't buy it. Everyone that I know simply... asked for it. But, for someone like you to get some of it... going to Ko-Koro would be your best bet. I would keep that quiet, if I were you."


BZPRPG Profiles


TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix


OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia


"They belong in a museum!"


"So do you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kadon - Ga-Wahi Coast

 

As Drome fell, electricity coursing through his body, a triumphant laugh rose to my lips. Then, I noticed Drome's mace hurtling toward my face.

 

I dove to the side, but it was too late. The mace struck a glancing blow off of the side of my head, but that was more than enough. I fell into the sand beside Drome, with a killer headache already beginning to make its presence felt. I groaned and clutched my head. There was a moment of silence before I choked out the hated word.

 

"Truce?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:Elaadis

She regarded the Falls warmly. "There were no waterfalls where I'm from. Every now and again this one spot on the occasionally active volcano would burst open and we'd get a pretty sweet lava river ending in a small fall, but that was more exciting than serene. I'd never get to look at it long, though. Nice to be able to sit down and just..."

She thought. Things had been brutal back home. When she'd first become a Toa, she had been lightly armored, and had such wimpy arms for a Toa she struggled to lift her Halberd even with her Pakari. Now, she was the strongest member of the now disbanded team and the most heavily armored. Not a day had ever gone by after the beginning of the conflict back home that she'd been able to sit down and just enjoy herself. Always 'Elaadis, guard this', 'Elaadis, patrol that', 'Elaadis, no, don't kill him, we're not murderers'.

"...just relax."

IC: Arkrak

 

"We have those too in Ta-koro," said Arkrak in reply. "But I do understand what you mean; the peace and lush beauty provided by waterfalls cannot really be matched by much else."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Septima - Ga-Koro (Streets)

"I just did, so if you don't mind, I'd prefer it if we changed the subject."

The Fe-Toa paused for a moment, pondering what she would say next before a thought suddenly crossed her mind.

"How many people do you think live here in this village?"

 

IC: Aine and Shu - Marine Ship

Watching on as Zaara manipulated the water, Aine's interest in finding out what her amulet did was suddenly renewed.

Hmmm... Assuming this was made to work with Lesterin as well as Toa, and that it isn't malfunctioning or outright broken, my initial hypothesis (That's funny; I don't recall myself ever really feeling the need to use that word before today. How odd...) leads me to believe that whatever powers I may receive in exchange for my enhanced eyesight and the ability to glow in dark areas should be more... passive than what Zaara was able to do. Further analysis will indubitably (Ugh... There's two more words that usually make my head hurt. What's going on here, anyway? It's like I'm suddenly turning into my old tutor...) be required before I can pinpoint the exact change, but I wonder...

The reflection from Shu's swords disrupted her train of thought as he moved to sit down, slightly annoying her as she tucked the amulet back inside her armor.

"Do you mind not moving around so much, Shu? I'm trying to deduce how this artifact might potentially affect my biological functions."

Upon hearing the words produced by her own mouth, she proceeded to wince in distaste.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Natharius - Streets.

 

"That really depends on who does or doesn't qualify as people," he finally replied, "Besides, with all the travelers, plus the boats constantly coming in an out, I don't know if it'd be possible to settle on a number."


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...