BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Lash - Ga-Koro Bar.

"Fellow servant?" She scoffed, calmly taking another sip of her drink. "Hardly. The only thing I've ever been interested in is my own survival, and somehow I doubt following you outside is going to aid in that cause." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Lash - Ga-Koro Inn.

"You're not giving me much of a choice," she glowered at him, "I mean, is this really necessary? You must've been in prison for a few weeks, maybe a month at most. That's hardly worth killing me and forsaking your freedom over, surely?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kavala

(Ga-Koro, inn):

"A year," Kavala said flatly. "One year of lost time, and lost opportunities. If it wasn't for you, I would still have the Shadowstone, and maybe I would've freed Xa-Koro from its occupiers already... but you made me lose all that. I think killing you is the most rational thing I can do."

OOC: Wow, okay. Seems I drastically underestimated the power of RPGtime. My bad. 

"You seriously think one little rock is going to help you liberate an entire sunken city?" She shook her head, "If that's your justification for killing me, then you need to rethink your priorities. Karz, you haven't even asked me why I was forced to get you arrested in the first place." 

OOC: It was one year ooc, so I just decided to use that in-game too. Come to think of it, that's not a very long sentence for kidnapping though. :P

IC Kavala

(Ga-Koro, inn):

"I'm not interested," Kavala snapped. "You sacrificed my freedom to protect your own selfish hide."

The sword in Kavala's hand started shaking slightly. "And I'm running out of patience."

IC: Lash - Ga-Koro Bar.

"I sacrificed your freedom to maintain my cover," she spat, choosing her words carefully, "Our mutual friends, the ones who gave you your shadowstone, they sent me to Onu-Koro in preparation to attack the village. Between you and them, I know which I'm more scared of. Had they kept up their end of the bargain, you probably would've been sprung from prison once the attack was over."

She paused, noticing the shaking in his hand. "But they never showed. Those skakdi abandoned us both." 

IC Kavala

(Ga-Koro, inn):

Kavala's grip on his sword relaxed, if only slightly.

"I always knew they wouldn't be trustworthy," he said with a surprisingly calm tone. "I never would have allied with them if they hadn't accessed Makuta's vault. Makuta is the only one I serve, no one else. That is why the Shadowstone was so important to me: it was a symbol of the faith Makuta had placed on me."

Kavala's eyes narrowed. "And why should I take your excuses? Regardless of your reason to betray me, it doesn't change the facts. What reason could I possibly have to spare you?"

"Well for one, it wasn't personal," she replied with a shrug, "and two, there's still the matter of the rahkshi currently loitering outside the gates of this Koro. If you kill me, I have no idea what it might decide to do. More specifically, what it might decide to do to you." 

"Protection," she replied, "although I guess that isn't working out too well, given that I'm here and he's outside the gates..." 

"Or we could skip that part, sit down at the bar, have some drinks, and go our separate ways afterwards?" She offered, gesturing to the empty seat beside her. "I'll even cover the tab." 

IC Kavala

(Ga-Koro, inn):

Kavala's eyes stared into those of Lash with pure contempt.

Then, slowly, his gaze became relaxed, eventually almost friendly.

Then the dark Toa of Earth began laughing loudly.

"Why, of course," he said, sitting down next to Lash at the counter. "Why the karz not?"

"I'd be more relaxed if you put that sword away," she said warily, not entirely convinced by his sudden change in demeanor. She hadn't actually expected her lame offer to achieve anything, and she wasn't certain if this response was genuine. 

IC Kavala

(Ga-Koro, inn):

"Now there, Lash," Kavala said. "Didn't you know that a sword is highly impractical for stabbing someone in the back?"

Kavala put his left arm around Lash's shoulders while his right hand still grasped the sword. "You see, the blade is too heavy and akward for a sudden stab. A lightweight dagger is much better suited for that. Used to have so many of those back in my dwelling..."

Kavala pointed his sword at the row of drinks behind the counter. The Ga-Matoran bartender was visibly nerovus.

"Now what do you say we get ourselves those drinks you promised, yes?"

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

"I know all about daggers," Lash replied evenly, calmly placing one of her own on the table in front of her, "and it's not really my back I'm worried about." She nodded to the barkeeper, "Do what he says." 

IC Kavala

(Ga-Koro, inn):

"I figured you would know much about the topic," Kavala said. Then, turning to the bartender, he said, "I could really go for a glass of wine... make it green madu wine."

The bartender nodded and began shakily preparing Kavala's drink.

"I like wine," Kavala said matter-of-factly to Lash. "Wine often has a taste of sophistication beers and ale's can't convey."

Lash had never been much skilled at predicting others, and Kavala certainly wasn't making it any easier, "If you say so..." she responded in a level tone, unsure of what more she could say. 

IC Kavala

(Ga-Koro, inn):

”I really grew to love wine in Xa-Koro,” Kavala continued. “After the sinking, that is. The cold water preserves wine, you see, and keeps it cool. Living in a sunken ruin is not always easy, but I never suffered from the lack of food, at least.”

The bartender handed Kavala his drink without a word. Equally silent, Kavala picked up the glass and took a sip. “Exquisite,” he chided. “I may not appreciate the Ga-Matoran for colonizing my land, but at least their servings are of good quality.”

Kavala looked Lash straight in her eyes. “Now tell me, Lash, where do you come from?”

"Another island, far from here," she said dismissively, "I don't remember much about it - amnesia seems to plague everyone who washes up on these shores, I've been told." 

IC Kavala

(Ga-Koro, inn):

“That’s the thing all Vortixx have in common,” Kavala said. “I know it can be quite emotionally painful to not have a home to go back to…”

Kavala removed his left hand from around Lash. “You know, I’d really much like to see that Rahkshi of yours,” he said. “You think you could do that for me?”

"Sure," she got out of her chair, scraping her dagger up off the table as she did, "but if this turns out to be your way of getting me outside just so you can try to kill me, I promise that you'll regret it."

IC Kavala

(Ga-Koro, inn):

Kavala noted the way Lash held onto her dagger, clearly expecting a strike from him at any moment.

“You worry too much, Vortixx,” Kavala said, standing up and walking towards the door. “Just because I wanted to kill you half a minute ago doesn’t necessarily mean I’m going to slaughter you the instant we leave this inn.”

"It doesn't?" She wasn't entirely convinced... 

"Well, if you're still planning to kill me anyway," she stopped where she was, "then why should I bother showing you my Rahkshi? Or do anything else you ask?"

IC: Lash - Ga-Koro.

"Call me old fashioned, but I don't find mights and maybes very reassuring." 

"Thank you, for stating the obvious."

Edited by Nato Greavesy

"Urgh... fine..." she gestured in the direction of the village entrance. "This way." 

IC: Lash - Ga-Koro City Gates.

"It's me," she approached the marines standing by the gate, "Here to check up on my boy." They stepped aside to reveal the vacuum rahkshi Breathless in all of his lithe, serpentine glory. A sinuous carapace of overlapping armour plates covered his wiry frame, coloured the classic black and orange of his variation. Gripped in his clawed hands was his treasured staff, a silvery weapon with a twisted trio of glimmering blades at each end. 

"Here he is," she turned to Kavala, "Happy now?" 

IC:Lihada

Lihada's eyes continued to slowly scan the surrounding buildings. The entire village was made of plant matter, she could twist and turn this village however she wanted to, if she wanted to.

Heh heh, what a thought. A small smirk cracked onto the Bo-Toa's face. Unfortunately, she was also one of the people who decided to live there, so chances are that wouldn't end so well for her, either. That and the local authorities.

Her eyes locked onto a Vortixx who had just come through the gate. Another traveler. Woo. What fun. More false stories of fighting animals of various descriptions or something.

Then her eyes locked onto...whatever that was on his back. What was that? A curious eyebrow lifted on the Bo-Toa's face.

Well, one way to find out. Aside from poking it with a stick. She waved to get the guy's attention.

"Hey, uh, if I may, what's that thing on your back?"

OOC: Hey Erike.

OOC: The Parakuka is hidden, FYI, but I can roll with this.

IC: Erike & Samera

Erike twisted towards the voice mid-step. Samera laughed in his mind as Erike adjusted his cloak quickly. It must have fallen loose somewhere in trip; he was just thankful nobody had seen it....so far.

"A birth defect." Erike lied, crossing his arms behind his back. "Thank you."

Samera giggled again. She saw. Kill her. Keep the secret.

IC Kavala

(Ga-Koro, village gate):

Kavala eyed the Rahkshi with suspicion at first, then with growing interest.

"A Son of Makuta... obeying a Vortixx," Kavala muttered. "Something's not right here. That green vapor... the antidermis... that's what did this, isn't it?"

IC: Lash - Ga-Koro City Gates. 

"Correct. I only managed to tame a single Rahkshi with what I was given, but the Piraka seem to have dozens under their command," she elaborated, "and I've heard some beings actually used the stuff on themselves..." 

IC Kavala

(Ga-Koro, village gate):

Kavala frowned. "Those Skakdi are pretenders, thinking they own the throne that rightfully belongs to the Makuta," he scowled. "And they're using his Sons as their pawns, too."

He turned to Lash and asked, "Can you command that Rahkshi to do anything?"

IC:

"Indeed." The Menti said, pausing a moment to dry her arms. The buoy had still been wet, and the seaweed even more so. Still the job was done. "I suppose you'll be headed to the Ryuu, then?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG