BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

The sea breeze was cool on her face; suddenly shy, Whitehot turned her face east towards it, and breathed out a long exhale that hardly put up a fight against the salty wind.

"I just don't want you guys to have to make plans around me." Her gaze turned down to her feet, and the smooth, sanded wood of her deck, then up to Sinshi again. "Or...you to be hurt. I want that even less. Guessing your boss wants the same thing."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

The shy look extended to a similarly bashful smile. Whitehot Munequita breathed again, more slowly this time. Whatever happens from here, happens.

Wallahi.

"What do you think?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"That is a good question." The Menti began, slowly, looking out from the balcony towards the bay. She could just barely see what she thought might have been the Ryuu through the darkness, but she couldn't be sure. The cool night air filled her lungs, and left again in a deep breath. "She has a point worth considering. We will leave eventually. I do not know when I will be back."

"I do not know if I will be back. These expeditions are run by the Rora, and are decided upon politically. Even if another one occurs, I likely will not be a part of the next crew. I was only selected for this one because it was believed I would serve well as part of the Ambassador's guard."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Yeah."

You knew that from the jump, babe. This ain't a shock. This ain't making the Ussalry, or losing Red.

This was some gnarly space in between, though, something that dealt with emotions, and maturity in dealing with them. Whitehot was young and brave and loved to punch stuff. Emotional maturity wasn't her hand of choice, and on the Kentoku Archipelago, it was all you got dealt.

You knew from the very jump.

"Yeah, I understand."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"I will happily spend as much time with you as I can while I am here." Sinshi turned back towards the Onu-Toa, tearing her eyes away from the coastline. She gave a half smile and leaned against the railing. "But I do not want you hurt, either. And I think that my departure will likely be painful as it is."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"I know you don't. And...you're right. Make the most of the time we've got. Blah blah blah. The stuff they would put on motivational posters before Karz Week back home."

Whitehot found it in her to grin and squeeze Sinshi's fingertips atop the railing in one hand.

"Thanks, Sinsh."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Sinshi's smile was probably the closest she had gotten to laughing.

"I suppose I can do that. Though there will not be much in the way of 'adoring weapons geeks'. Irritated nobles, perhaps, envious lower classes. Perhaps a few curious Ringti. But that will likely be the extent."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"You'd think a phallic object made of metal would get a little more buzz in a place like that," the coincidentally-very-buzzed Toa of Earth mused.

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC Kavala

(Ga-Koro, village gate):

Kavala noticed Lash's hesitation to attack and smirked. While Lash had the numbers, Kavala had motivation, regardless of how well-founded it was.

Still, despite his newly found advantage, something irked at Kavala. He was attacking Lash for revenge, but the Vortixx was not responding. Kavala could easily deliver a follow-up attack, but, despite all that had happened, he still possessed a sense of fairness. Could he really satisfy his desire for revenge if his opponent was giving in before the battle even started?

"You refuse to battle, Lash?" Kavala asked. "I'm giving you a chance to respond for the sake of justice, surely you don't want to waste it?"

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC: Lash - Ga-Koro City Gates.

"If I fight you, I'm either going to die, or wind up in prison. Either way, I'm tossing aside my freedom," she spat, straightening to her feet and beginning to back off, "And you're not worth that." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kavala

(Ga-Koro, village gate):

Lash's words provoked Kavala. Thoughts of hesitation began to dissipate from his mind, as his expression twisted into a grin. "Both of those alternatives sound good to me," he said. "You took my freedom, and I'll take yours."

With a shrug, he created a hand of earth that erupted from the ground in an effort to grab Lash.

IC: Lash - Ga-Koro. 

She didn't see it coming. The hand exploded up beneath her and she cried out in surprise as... 

...Breathless unleashed a powerful blast of air from his staff that broke the dirt apart and sent her bouncing painfully along the ground, right back through the gates of Ga-Koro. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

She sat up with a groan, already feeling the bruises beginning to form beneath her armour. Hearing the splash, she got up to see the last ripples of Kavala vanishing into the water. "Where is he? Where'd he go?" she looked to the marines. This was their village, surely they had some way of detecting and combating underwater attackers? 

IC Kavala

(Ga-Koro, village gate):

Kavala had not forgotten about the Marines. His strategy relied on speed and his ability to outswim most Ga-Matoran thanks to his years of experience, his mask power and his greater physical stamina. For now, his attention was focused on Lash.

Kavala resurfaced just long enough to create a sphere of earth and launch it straight at Lash, attempting to knock him into the water.

IC: Day

Day would have attempted a shrug, but his shoulders were submersed so he cocked his head in response.

"I find it refreshing." he said, still squinting beneath the sun yet seeming more calm and at ease. There was a small pause, as was usual with him, and he looked over to the beach, searching for a yellow small yellow shape that had left moments ago.

"Lux is gone."

IC: Melna (Naho Bay)

"What? No!" Melna replied, before quickliy skirting around Day to get a good lock at the shore, only to see an empty lounge chair where Lux was supposed to be sitting.

"Again?" she thought to herself, feeling a stone drop into her stomach and land hard, "please tell me he's not in trouble again, please don't"

Melna darted off towards the shore again, suddenly disappearing in a small flash at about the halfway point back to shore. She flashed back into existence right next to Lux's chair, and took a violent pivot around to look for him... nothing.

She stared out at Day, kind of helplessly, almost incredulous at the fact that Lux had apparently disappeared again.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Elaadis

Elaadis' quiet humming stopped when she spotted the gate. Some people were fighting. At the gates. As in, in the way of the gates.

Absolutely tremendous. Just fantastic, purely wonderful. Elaadis stopped walking and took a moment to take in the event.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Lash - Ga-Koro Street.

She heard the sound of something breaking the water and turned towards it, only to see a ball of earth flying at her. She tried to twist out of the way, the sphere striking a glancing blow to her shoulder instead of a direct hit, and started moving towards the middle of the street, away from the water's edge. 

IC (Akimoto)

"The Maru," she finally said. "Who are they? Where did they come from?"

IC:

A very good question.

"The successors of the First Toa," Tyrus said, blue gaze set upon the Falls. "Stannis, Reordin, Korero, Oreius, Sulov ... and, of course, Ga-Koro's protector, Toa Leah. Once they were simple Matoran, but it is said that the Great Spirit chose them from amongst all others to destroy the Makuta once and for all."

Slowly, the Lesterin turned to regard Akimoto with a dissecting stare.

"You really haven't heard of them?"

IC:

wooo

saaaaaah

So, there I was. Sitting up on top of the Ryuu, smoke up to my lips, jacket waving just a little in the sea wind, looking out over Ga-Koro with that ... you know that feeling? It's like ... nostalgia for something you've never had. Anticipation for something you didn't realize you wanted. I don't really know how to describe it, but it felt like something had drained out my chest until I was lighter than air and wanted to cry. 

Christ, what the am I talking about?

I just ... okay, I was looking out over Ga-Koro, looking at all those lights in all those huts, each one someone's home, someone's life, and I was maybe sort of wondering if I could have a light there too.

IC:

The head of a Parakuka'd golden boy popped out from behind the beach house, street-side.

"Someone call?"

-Void

• Upvote 1

[ BZPRPG ]

Day would have sighed, but half his face kept bobbing in and out of water. It was just a simple comment.

"Hey," he said, materializing in front of Melna, hand on her shoulder. "Calm down. You don't have to baby him, he's probably jus-"

Sure enough, the golden boy had stuck his head out.

"No, it's just your imagination." Day assured with a smile, but not before giving Melna a discreet look.

IC Kavala

(Ga-Koro, village gate):

Frustrated by his failure, Kavala decided to try another approach. He dove again beneath the water and swam underneath the lilypad Lash was standing on. He proceeded to strike his sword through the lilypad, hoping to wound the Vortixx from below.

[Ga-Wahi, Naho Bay (Talli)]

Talli nodded and started polling back towards the village, pausing to look over her shoulder to make sure the toa in her boat was following.  She thought she heard a large splash somewhere inland, but she opted to ignore it.  It was probably just some kids playing pranks on each other.

Edited by Mel

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

She felt an impact of some kind underfoot - Kavala's sword striking the protosteel lining that coated the bottom of all of Ga-Koro's lilypads - and continued to back off, attempting to mingle with the crowd and put some distance between herself and her attacker. 

OOC: ...protosteel lining? Is that official?

IC Kavala

(Ga-Koro, village gate):

Once again frustrated, Kavala decided to try something more direct. He lifted himself on the lilypad and, sword in hand, advanced on Lash without hesitation. When he was close enough, he swung his sword at Lash's head.

OOC: Yes. It's been official for two years now, and is also mentioned in the topic's OP. 

Karz, so much for losing him in the crowd... Since the marines had still made no move to intervene, it seemed she was going to be forced to fight after all. Ducking under his swing, she stabbed one of her daggers at his leg. 

"No, it's just your imagination." Day assured with a smile, but not before giving Melna a discreet look.

IC:

Did he just give her a discreet look?

Meh. Whatever.

"That's cool," Lux said, walking out from behind the house, make-shift cane in hand. "I miss anything good?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

A very good question.

"The successors of the First Toa," Tyrus said, blue gaze set upon the Falls. "Stannis, Reordin, Korero, Oreius, Sulov ... and, of course, Ga-Koro's protector, Toa Leah. Once they were simple Matoran, but it is said that the Great Spirit chose them from amongst all others to destroy the Makuta once and for all."

Slowly, the Lesterin turned to regard Akimoto with a dissecting stare.

"You really haven't heard of them?"

IC (Akimoto)

"Well, I've heard of them," she backpedalled. "But I've never met them, or known where they came from."

She paused to collect her thoughts. "Have you met them?"

IC:

"...Well, actually, maybe not. If there were, we wouldn't be here."

Sinshi's laugh was echoing in her ears. I'm drunk. I'm drunk. I'm a drunk idiot. She just said she's leaving soon. But she'd actually laughed. 

Pursing her mouth, teeth running across her bottom lip, Whitehot pivoted slowly on one heel, pushed Sinshi's chin up with a knuckle, and leaned forward into a kiss.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC Kavala

(Ga-Koro):

Lash's attack was exactly what Kavala had anticipated, and also the reason he had kept a distance in the beginning. Kavala's melee skills were not poor, but no greater than average. Only his non-physical powers would keep him at an advantage.

Knowing Lash would strike back, Kavala moved quickly... and yet the dagger still connected to his leg. He cried out and stepped back. He was relieved to realize that the wound wasn't crippling, but that didn't make the sensation of pain any easier to handle.

Trying to stay out of the dagger's reach, Kavala created a fist of earth that shot out of his palms straight at Lash.

The fist of earth slammed fully into her chest, sending her sprawling. She recovered quickly, years of instinct forcing her to get up, even as she coughed for breath. She had to keep moving. If she stayed still she was dead. 

"What is your karzing problem?" she wheezed, the jostling crowd pushing past her as they tried to flee the scene. 

IC: Vaíl, Naho Bay

In a few practiced motions, Vaíl started the boat's motor and directed her vessel after the Matoran's. She glanced again at the stars and paused briefly in concentration, as though she were trying to remember something. She shook her head and returned her gaze to the sea.

[[timeskip]]

Q2TtLEz.png

"I can win. I could cut you down, or have my rahkshi do it for me," she spat, "but I don't want to kill you." She shifted into a defensive stance, daggers held at the ready, "I don't want to be that person anymore." 

IC Kavala

(Ga-Koro):

"Then what do you want to be?" Kavala asked. He was stalling on purpose, as each moment of rest allowed his elemental energies to recharge, if ever so slowly. He had previously learned all too well what overusing one's powers could lead to, and would not repeat the same mistake.