BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC (Rhow):

The Skakdi opened the door to the Great Takea and held it for her companions to carry in the Rahkshi corpse.

"Put that carcass in the basement. And let's hope nobody thinks we're serving any of it."

Not really sure what else to do, Rhow moved over to the bar, grabbed a glass and poured herself a strong one.

OOC: Rhow open for interaction. And the Great Takea is obviously open too.

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:Cyramar
Blackness. Cold. These were the first two things he experienced. The third was different. Not quite a sensation of any kind, but some form of gut feeling. A reaction to something. Not quite an opinion, but just a...mood or feeling. Emotion. Yeah, that's what it was called. An emotion. What was it called again? Something you get from feeling threatened. Or exposed. Or just confused. He suspected the latter. It was...it was...

Fear. That's what it was called. He felt fear.
He tried to think about his surroundings. Where he was. How he'd gotten there.
Nothing. Blank. He tried harder, desperately trying to give himself some bearings.
Again, his mind was empty. He remembered nothing. Not the nothing like something's missing, something you're forgetting.

The nothing like there was never anything there to begin with. His fear grew in him, making him feel uncomfortable. He needed to find out these things for himself. Who he was. Where he was. He tried to move. He wasn't too sure of what he was doing, but he did anyway.

His...hand, right, his hand, moved. Raised into the air. He tried to get rid of this blackness. He hoped he wasnt blind. He reached his hand up, brushing it down his face. No, he wasn't blind, or at least he didn't think he was. His...eyes. His eyes were shut. He focused again. Slowly, they slid open.

His hand. Dark, muted brown. Everything was there. Or, at least he thought it was. He wasn't sure. Past it was a...smooth, stone surface. Right. He blinked. Everything was bordered by a black, uneven shape, like a broken symmetrical pattern. Moving his head, he saw it was simply covering his face. He shifted his legs. He was pressed against something, his back up against something solid. He was...lying down. That was it. That would make the surface he could see the...ceiling? Or was it roof? Was there a difference? He couldn't tell. Another thing on the list of things he didn't know. Pushing his arms back, he lifted himself up, bringing more into view. Firstly, his legs. They were...what was the word?
Mismatched. One was armored in badly positioned sandy orange plates, the other in red armor, of a vastly different design aesthetic. He paused. Where did that come from? Further ahead were two of the walls. Similar in appearance to the...ceiling. A desk, or something, sat against one of the walls. He pushed more, and he slid forward, his feet dangling when his knees reached the edge of the platform he was sat on. Moving more, he slowly, unsteadily, rose to his feet. He felt tall. Was he tall? He hadn't met anyone else, ever as far as his lack of memories went. As far as he knew, he could be tiny compared to the other inhabitants here. If there were other inhabitants.

He tried to lift one foot up, to move. He promptly swayed violently to stay upright before putting it back down. Okay, different approach. He slid the foot forwards, along the floor. He stayed upright that time. It would have to do for now. He did this with the other foot. Then the first. Then the second, a little more stable each time. He looked up, having looked down to watch his feet at some point. He'd reached the container. Shelf. Something, whatever it was called. A small handle protruded from its side. Reaching down, he slowly wrapped his fingers around it before pulling it towards him. A...a...drawer, yeah, a drawer slid out. A strange device, with a similar handle on it. He grabbed it with the other hand, lifting it up. For its size, it was heavy. As he lifted it, it must have reacted to something, as a small light on it turned on, making a beam of faint light ending in a similar dot on the wall. His finger rested on a thinner part more forward than the handle, and he accidentally pulled it, trying to spread out the weight.
BZZZZZZZT
He almost dropped it when a beam of bright light shot from the front of the device, searing a smoking hole in the wall. Not too deep nor too wide, but there and glowing nonetheless. Some kind of ranged device. Was it a weapon? It could certainly be used as one. He turned, taking in his surroundings. The stone platform he had been lying on before, the drawer, and...two doors. That's what they were called, right? He approached the nearest one, peering through the small window. Blackness. He could make out some shapes, but no detail. He knew not what was in there. He turned the handle on it. Or, tried to. It didn't budge. He stepped back, actually stepping for once, and raised the device, placing the dim light on the handle and pulling the trigger. It crackled again as a bright beam blasted it. He tried again. No success. He decided not to waste his time. He decided to try the other one. Carefully walking over, slowly getting the hang of walking rather than shuffling, he tried the handle. It budged, but the door seemed stuck. Perhaps he could open this one. He looked around again. There was something under the platform he had woken up on. He walked over, grabbing the handle with his free hand, and lifting it up. It had a relatively long handle, and two slightly curved, sharp points attached to the head. A, uh...pickaxe? Ice pick? Ice...Ice...Ice Pickaxe, that was it. An ice pickaxe. He tested the weight in his hand. Felt dangerous. He walked back to the door, rearing the pickaxe back and bringing the sharp tip into the slight gap in the door. With a clang it slipped through, if only a little. Turning the pickaxe, he pushed the handle down hard, the door creaking. After a pause, it finally gave way, bursting open. He stumbled forward, almost tripping over.

It was way, way too bright. He squinted hard, his eyes almost shutting. He looked down, finding a jutting piece of armor on his red thigh that was in the right place and shape to put his...laser...thing on. Raising his now free hand he placed it above his unadjusted eyes, the light dimming to reasonable levels. There was sand. A lot of sand. And, uh...the sea. Yeah, the sea, water rolling up and down the sand. If he wasn't wrong, and he had little to point either way, this was a beach. Interesting. Or, it might not be and a beach was something else entirely and he'd been wrong about most things so far. Slowly, his vision drifted right, his eyes scanning the scenery. Still getting a hold of his vocabulary, he didn't think he had the words to describe it, and honestly didn't feel like trying. Something was sat on the water. Green. A bunch of domes. Domes with...holes. And...people. People. Walking around between the domes. So the domes were...housing? Shelter? Some degree of accommodations. He blinked. Seems his mind was getting the bigger words out of the way first. He swallowed. Perhaps...perhaps they were friendly? He could only hope so. Carefully, unused to the changing surface that was sand, he approached the settlement's gate.
OOC: Cyramar open for interaction.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC (Akimoto)

"I can't tell whether you're better at dying clothes or coming up with great ideas. We've passed a ton of places already; let's try one!"

IC: Soraya [The Markets]

"The answer is both, for the record.  Come on!"

A few more minutes of poking around the village brought them to the doorstep of something called the "Great Takea", whatever that was.  There was a distant shuffling noise coming from the back, and Soraya could see someone drinking alone at the bar inside.  That was, in her experience, a good sign; on the spectrum of bar crowdedness, she'd learned that the likelihood of any given drinking night going south was concentrated at the extremes.  If the place was bursting at the gills, well, it was only a matter of time before a stool got thrown, and if it was totally empty then the bartender was probably busy burying a body out back.

Come to think of it, maybe the distant shuffling noises were reason for concern.

Eh, whatever.

"This place work for you, Aki?"

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC:Elaadis

"Does he normally do more irregular things? Or is this where he evens out?"

He had arrived at the gate. Nobody had really noticed his presence so far, which he felt okay with, and even better nobody had pointed any weapons at him. So, even if they weren't friendly, they weren't hostile. He was okay with that. He put one foot on the bridge leading into the settlement. On one hand, it was more rigid than sand. On the other it swayed a little under his weight. He wasn't sure if he liked it any more than the beach. Putting his other foot there he quickly realised he liked the beach more, and his cautious walk turned into a near-run as he accelerated, halting when his feet planted themselves on the stable platform at the far end. This was more agreeable than both.

Looking around, while careful to avoid drawing attention to himself, or at least trying to, his suspicions about the domes being houses turned out to be correct. Every structure here was made out of thick green domes of varying size. Well, if it worked it worked, the people here didn't have any issues with them. The people. Hm. So many colors, he didn't know who was what or who was who. Reds, browns, greens, blues, golds, and a few others too. What was this place? He decided to return his attention to the town itself. One larger building had a sign above its entrance with the words 'Great Takea' written on it. He knew what 'great' meant when used as an adjective, but what was a Takea? Was that what the kind of establishment was called? If so, were these Takeas common in settlements on this island? Was the name indicating that this was a really great one? He decided to investigate.

Walking closer, he attempted to look inside, through the door and windows, without going right up to it. A number of seats and tables were arranged inside, and a man behind a counter appeared to be serving...uh..dr...drinks. That was it. Drinks. He decided he'd watch for a little bit before looking any closer.

OOC:Cyramar OFI, for anyone near the Great Takea

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC (Akimoto)

"Looks good to me."

The pair entered the Great Takea and found the interior lit by the odd glowing jellyfish the Matoran seemed to use for lights. The bar was long and had a sparse population of one, a spiny blueish-green creature the size of a mountain who was busily pouring a drink. Tables and chairs were scattered around the place. It looked a little dusty but otherwise in good shape.

"Hey," she said, tentatively addressing the mountain at the bar. "Uh, what's on tap?"

OOC Hi Rhow!!!1!

IC:

"I'd recommend it. The Makuta fish is surprisingly excellent. Though I suppose you would call it 'Zataka fish'." A voice from a little to Soraya's right commented, just inside of the Great Takea. Akimoto had stepped up to the bar to speak with the Skakdi behind it, but the speaker had caught the Dashi just before she followed suit. The Matoran sat at a table near to the door, regarding the foreigner more calmly than most of Mata Nui's other natives. He gestured to a chair at the other end of his table, one that would leave a respectable distance between them.

"May I have a word, Plangori Soraya?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

White nodded sympathetically.

"Don't worry," she said, slouching back in Goldie's lap and resting the side of her head in the crook of his neck. "There's cold food coming right up!"

-Tyler

Edited by Costa Vespula

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Soraya [The Great Takea]

The Dashi started. What in the name'a-

She turned to see a Matoran sitting at a table near the entrance, a calm smile on his face. She had never been much of one for sixth senses or bad vibes or anything, but Zataka take it all if some old instinct in her wasn't setting off a whole symphony of warning bells. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Aki was making her way up to the bar, oblivious to what was going on behind her.

At some point she remembered he had asked her a question.

"Maybe," she said, keeping her voice low without fully knowing why. "But y'know, hard to conduct honest business when I don't even know who I'm talking to. Especially when he already knows my name. And especially when that should be near impossible, given I don't live on this continent. So: just who are you?"

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

IC: Viloz

Another Skakdi emerged from the Great Takea's back of house, looking worse for wear with a midriff wrapped in bandages. He hobbled over to the back of the bar, joining Rhow yet paying little mind to their new guests. Instead, he produced a bottle of Salamander's and poured himself a rather large glass, only to knock it back in one go.

Spirit knows he need it after getting speared just a few days ago.

"Just a moment, ladies." He said to the two foreigners before tapping Rhow on the shoulder for a quick word.

"I know you need me working," he whispered. "But I'd rather not tough this one out. I'm taking the day off to get myself patched up, so have Taoki or someone cover for me. I'll be back before you know it, boss."

With a friendly pat on the back, he left Rhow to her business as he slid out of the bar and exited the Great Takea. 

OOC: Viloz open for interaction

IC:

[North Ga-Koro, Ga-Koro Main Docks (Talli)]

From her position at the top turret of The Silver, Talli got a prime view of the ships parked at the docks, including the shadow of the strange foreign craft that she was supposed to be protecting.

She scowled at it.  The calm she got from looking at the stars last night had faded again, replaced by that strange feeling that danger was just around the corner.  She really wanted to hit something, and she wouldn’t object if one of the crazies that the weird sparkly aliens seemed to attract decided to show up, just so she could hit them with a disk containing the spring-loaded force of several large stones.

OOC: Talli open for interaction.  I wouldn’t try and surprise her, though.

Edited by Mel

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC (Rhow):

"Sure thing." She assured Viloz, patting him on the shoulder in return as he passed her. The Kini-trip really had been taxing for relatively little payoff, depending on what their mad scientist managed to weld together out of the Rahkshi exoskeleton. She hoped it was worthwhile.

She turned to the newcomers. "Well, we got a decent selection of fruit based drinks, from fresh to guaranteed to knock you on your rear." She took out a glass and reached for a container behind her on the wall, pouring Akimoto a half full one that she slid to her over the counter.

"Here, try this. I take it you're part of that strange glasstub's crew?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC (Ayiwah):

"Mako, I hear you've been spending time with Dakte lately, yes?"

IC: Vilda Mako (Chisai Ryuu)

"That's right," I replied, "I've been passing on some small tricks of the trade that he felt he could make use of"

That wasn't the whole story, but it was technically true, so I figured it'd do for now.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

The Dashi started. What in the name'a-

She turned to see a Matoran sitting at a table near the entrance, a calm smile on his face. She had never been much of one for sixth senses or bad vibes or anything, but Zataka take it all if some old instinct in her wasn't setting off a whole symphony of warning bells. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Aki was making her way up to the bar, oblivious to what was going on behind her.

At some point she remembered he had asked her a question.

"Maybe," she said, keeping her voice low without fully knowing why. "But y'know, hard to conduct honest business when I don't even know who I'm talking to. Especially when he already knows my name. And especially when that should be near impossible, given I don't live on this continent. So: just who are you?"

IC:

"I play sports. Well, played. Out of practice. I think the Dasaka might really appreciate Kolhii. You should see the stadium in Ta-Koro before you all leave." He said conversationally, unconcerned by her wariness. He still lowered his voice a little, out of deference to what seemed to make her more comfortable. "I would give you my name, but it wouldn't help you, would it? You said it yourself. You aren't from here. I could be famous, but my name would still be worthless in your eyes. I use yours because it gets your attention."

He seemed almost amused when he paused and continued. "I'll answer any questions as to who I am, if you want, but let's not pretend that's the same thing as my name."

IC:

"Is breakfast supposed to be cold...?"

Edited by It's A Gundam MkII

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Akimoto)

Aki accepted the offered glass. "The submarine? Yeah, we're part of the crew. From the Kentoku Archipelago. It's... well, it's a ways away."

She took a wary sip. The liquor was different than anything she'd tried at home, that was for sure. It tasted fruity and bright, even tropical, but still strong enough to bite at the back of her throat. The island in a nutshell, really. 

"This is really good. Do you make it yourself?"

Walking closer, he attempted to look inside, through the door and windows, without going right up to it. A number of seats and tables were arranged inside, and a man behind a counter appeared to be serving...uh..dr...drinks. That was it. Drinks. He decided he'd watch for a little bit before looking any closer.

OOC:Cyramar OFI, for anyone near the Great Takea

IC: Viloz

The Great Takea's door shut with an audible clack, leaving Viloz standing right outside the establishment. He gripped his side as he started walking, feeling a throb of pain with every step until he paused mid-stride, noticing someone standing right beside one of the restaurant's windows and staring through it.

"You lost, friend?"

It took him a moment to register that someone was talking to him. He froze for a moment.

Oh no. Someone was talking to him.

His eyes darted to the side, meeting the stranger's gaze.

What did he say? Okay, okay, let's think a moment. What was the question?

'You Lost?'. Okay. Now.

Cyramar wasn't sure. He'd come here deliberately, but still had no clue where he was, to be honest, beyond 'dome town on water'.

Cyramar swallowed.

"N...No, I...don't think so..." The words were a little broken and unsure of themselves, but the sentence came out clear enough.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC:Neya

Neya's head titled to the side a little as she thought.

"I'm originally from Onu, interestingly enough. Didn't live there long, though, we moved to Le when I was still young." Her head righted itself as she shifted the weight of her weapon on her back.

"What about you?"

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC (Rhow):

Rhow nodded, then shrugged. "Thanks. Not from around here originally myself. It's a local recipe we put our own little spin on."

"What do you fellas serve back home?"

IC (Akimoto)

Aki shrugged. "Beer. Wine, but it's harder to come by. We've got harder drinks too, but they're almost all malt-based, like whiskey. Our climate's different, so we've got less fruit than I've seen here, and more grains."

IC Kiriah:

"I've lived in Ga-Koro for.... well most of my life here. No memory of before I came here, though I'm far past worried about it. As far as I'm concerned, my only life has been here."

She gave a wistful smile.

"I never was one for adventuring, not like my husband was.... or my son."

IC: (Datrox)

"You know, you're a pretty nice guy once you get past the creepy exterior. And that's not the alcohol talking. I'm not that drunk."
Once they were outside the bar, Datrox pointing down the street at an inn.
​"There."

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Neya

Neya smiled.

"To each our own, I suppose. For most of my life I haven't stopped in one place for long. As comfortable as a calm life in one of the Koros can be, it's not for me. I get fidgety, anxious even."

She scratched an itch in her shoulder.

"So, I keep to the roads."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC:

"I play sports. Well, played. Out of practice. I think the Dasaka might really appreciate Kolhii. You should see the stadium in Ta-Koro before you all leave." He said conversationally, unconcerned by her wariness. He still lowered his voice a little, out of deference to what seemed to make her more comfortable. "I would give you my name, but it wouldn't help you, would it? You said it yourself. You aren't from here. I could be famous, but my name would still be worthless in your eyes. I use yours because it gets your attention."

He seemed almost amused when he paused and continued. "I'll answer any questions as to who I am, if you want, but let's not pretend that's the same thing as my name."

"Yet in my experience, it's usually bad news when someone offers one but not the other," she shot back.  Behind her, she could hear Aki and the mountain at the bar in conversation, which did nothing to assuage her nerves.  She hadn't seen this guy at all on the way in, and now he was dancing around her questions.  A jig, to be precise.  He was guiding the conversation at his own pace, and years of bartering had instilled in her a deep aversion to anyone who could pull that off besides herself.

"So," she went on, "you can play mystery man if you like, but in that case you'd better have the pitch of a lifetime if you're trying to sell me something.  In fact, why don't we skip right to the counter-offer? You tell me how you know who I am."

Once they were pretty much outside the inn, Datrox put his hand up to stop Sorox.
"Alright, let me handle this. I've been comin' here a while. Know how to get a good deal, ya know? Now, uh, continue to awkwardly carry me along."

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"Alright, then."
​The Toa of Fire stepped inside, motioning for Sorox to follow him, and walked up to the front desk. He leaned against it, pointed a finger gun at the Ga-Matoran sitting at it, and opened his mouth to say something...
​...only to promptly collapse.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)