BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

The small party of Toa and Dasaka had camped for the night, resting as they neared the outskirts of Ga-Wahi and enjoying the warm winds before they turned into frigid arctic gales of Ko-Wahi. It was peaceful in the group's little glade, the lapping waves of the nearby river mixing with the quiet birdsong to lull them off into sleep. It wouldn't be too hard for any of them, Mata-Nuian or Kentokuian to forget all about the outside world, at least for that one night.

But Soraph couldn't sleep.

Nor did she especially want to. This island was a novelty yet so similar to her home; in truth, it was what the Vilda dreamed Oki could be. Not just a small reserve of ancient forest but a true, lively, vibrant ecosystem where Dasaka were the guests, not the masters. Soraph needed to see it all, to remember and relish in every detail, every leaf. 

She walked out of the glade to the shore of the river, sitting on flat rock and letting her feet dangle in the water. The Vilda Dasaka expanded her senses, concentrating her mental energies to project her mind outward as only Willhammer, or a Sighteye could. Her mind turned backwards, towards her companions. Vilda Mako was there, his mind bright, despite his age, and familiar after the months out at sea. The minds of the other Dasaka were there too but she ignored them. 

It took only another moment to find Casanuva's, as strong and bright as a beacon under this night's sky. Soraph didn't doubt it was because she'd already plumbed his thoughts. Even though she'd avoided parts of his consciousness and many memories were shrouded in darkness, the feel of Casanuva's mind was still incredibly unique to her. She approached it carefully, caressing the boundary. That he was sleeping made it much easier for her step inside his dreams.

Normally on the mental plane Soraph appeared as herself but composed entirely of plants and vegetation; here, in Casanuva's dream and without consciously trying to disguise herself, she would look however Casanuva's mind dreamt of her. Soraph spoke softly, loud enough to garner Casanuva's attention without waking him.

:Casanuva? Haven't you missed me, Casanuva?:

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

OOC: (Recommended listening)

IC:

It was a darkened, hexagonal room. The only light was coming from a few dim lightstone lanterns, but most of the chamber's illumination was from a central raised pit, bubbling with liquid metal. Piles of scrap lay around the room, and from the ceiling drooped two large, yet wiry, manipulator arms. On a protected platform behind several controls was Casanuva, goggles affixed to his mask and a smock around his unarmored chest. He had his hands in two tubes also connected to the ceiling by mechanical winches and levers. His mask was clenched in concentration, fixated on his forge.

"Yes. You might want to step away from the forge, protosteel tends to get a bit hot under pressure. Like the pressure to shape the stuff into weapons." He wiped his brow, the manipulator arms mimicking his movement. "Like I'm doing now."

Clearly, Casanuva seemed to be enveloped by his dream, and his subconscious was fitting in Soraph somehow.

Someone else was watching the camp. Skorm, under cover of his Huna, crept along any surfaces that would support his weight, bending gravity around him to make that parameter greatly expand. The foreign Toa were camped on their own side, but Skorm didn't want to get anywhere near them, especially the female one on watch. He kept his steps slow, and avoided much of the underbrush. The sentry seemed to have wandered off, and the sounds of the river would cover any noises that his tread caused.

The Kalta were slumbering in vine hammocks, though Aelied looked to be the only one in an especially natural sleeping position. He concentrated, sensing out the weights of the slumbering toa. The heaviest would be Casanuva, even without his armor. The two in between could either be Vakua or Aelied, but the lightest hammock load had to be Zueya.

She'd understand. He had to talk to her.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:

Soraph regarded the scene. It was said by the Vilda elders that dreams showed us how we thought of the world around us - in Casanuva's mind, he was a hard worker and sought to change the world around him. 

:I can see that: Soraph said with a soft smile. :Those look like fine treasures you're crafting  - you never told me you knew how to manage a forge. But swords and axes aren't why I've come here now. I was wondering if I could talk to you about some things. May I come up there?: she asked. 

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Wraith

And so the duo set off to the place of pancakes. It wasn't a horribly far walk, but it still took a good five minutes before they could see the restaurant in their line of sight. 

"I believe that is it up ahead."

Edited by D.Va

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Yeah, sure." Casanuva's dream-self looked away from the forge, his mask expressing surprise. "Wait, Soraph? I thought you were Kalyss for a moment there, sorry. Needed her to do some spot welding. Come on up." The manipulator arms reached into the molten liquid, pulling forth two glowing bifurcated halves of a sword blade. Casanuva looked back at the forge, steeling his gaze as he fit them together with the arms, then dipped the blade, still missing a center part, back into the molten metal, taking it back out as one fused piece.

As Soraph made her way up to the platform, Casanuva yanked the arms up, then made them lie the blade in a tub of liquid. The room filled with hissing steam; Casanuva turned around to face Soraph, leaning against the walls surrounding the front of the platform. He yanked off the goggles and took off the smock. Even with the protective equipment, smoke still covered most of his mask, making it match the rest of his unarmored body.

Casanuva crossed his arms and smiled. "What's up?"

Skorm slowly made his way to Zueya's hammock. Mentally, he had remembered the Vo-Toa as an paragon of poise and finesse. Seeing her with one leg hanging out of the vine hammock, while drooling on her arm that she was using as a pillow, wasn't what he expected, but he wasn't one to talk, considering the wreck he had been not long ago. The Ba-Toa did one last check of the others in the group. The foreign toa were still asleep, and the one that was awake seemed to be in a trance by the river, facing away from him. The other Kalta were all gracefully asleep. Casanuva seemed to be turning a little, but that was all.

He nudged Zueya's shoulder. No response. Skorm looked around again out of reflex, before gently shaking her shoulder again. The Vo-Toa stirred a little, and groaned softly.

"Zueya."

She turned away. "The sun isn't even up yet."

The Ba-Toa paused, looking down. He continued. "Zueya, it's me." Zueya mumbled something, Skorm couldn't hear. "Zueya, it's Skorm." Zueya stopped moving, then slowly turned back. Skorm's stomach wrenched when he saw the starlight reflected in her eyes; fear.

"Zueya, I-I need... I need to talk to you. Explain myself, I need to explain everything. I can explain everything to you, you just need to listen."

The small Vo-Toa slowly looked back at the camp. She looked back at Skorm, but she didn't fix on him, looking in his general direction. Skorm remembered he was still using his mask. "Okay," she whispered. "We'll go someplace quiet and we'll talk."

She began to get out of the hammock. Skorm put a hand on her shoulder. "Let me." He slipped his arms under her knees and behind her back, and gently lifted her out of the hammock, using his gravity control to levitate them both. Silently, the two drifted back.

Zueya still couldn't see Skorm, but she could feel him. His arms, his chest, his breath. She recognized the sensation of weightlessness; something she hadn't felt since their training. He had never carried her like this, though. Like a sack of vegetables over his shoulder, yes, she remembered that bout all too well, but not like this. She felt around his chest, finding his shoulder, and reached her arms around his neck, huddling to the Ba-Toa. Her mask was troubled as she unfocused her gaze from her surroundings.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

IC:

Soraph climbed up onto the platform and stood opposite Casanuva. Even with the protective smock he'd gotten pretty dirty from all the smoke during the metal's purification process. 

:I don't think I've seen you out of your armour. You really are quite large, maybe even larger than any Dasaka back in the Archipelago.:

She looked down at the forge below. Soraph hesitated before saying anything else. She was unsure how Casanuva would react, or how anyone would react for that matter. She'd intended to bring it up with Mako but she'd never had the right opportunity. And Casanuva she'd only met recently...

She took a short breath.

:Casanuva, you know I'm princess in my clan in Kentoku, but things are more complicated than that. The truth is that when my grandmother passed, my mother was supposed to ascend to the throne, but at the last minute my aunt Relisai was able to steal the position of ruling the Vilda clan. She stole my mother's birthright - my birthright.:

:Now she rules over the Vilda with iron fist.  Nobody is allowed to disagree with her or question her decisions. Anyone with a grudge against her, or whom she doesn't particularly like, is practically exiled away from our home. I was a threat to her own lineage's claim  so my aunt sent me far away for "business matters." Relisai was absolutely ecstatic when she found out I'd be traveling halfway across the world here to Mata-Nui.:

Soraph stopped talking to look at how Casanuva was digesting the information. She stepped close to him, placing a hand on his arm.

:That's why I'm asking for your help.  When all this is over, will you come back to Kentoku with me and help get rid of my aunt Relisai? Will you help me kill her?:

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

OOC: (Recommended listening, and yes it is different)

IC:

The Fa-Toa's dream persona furrowed his brow. Behind him the sword blade lifted out of the trough, still steaming. It, along with many other components that made up the hilt and core of the blade, began to assemble themselves. It looked like Casanuva's sword, Ferrite, but it was larger; far larger. It was nearly twice as wide, and longer by at least half.

Casanuva looked at Soraph. "I'm not an assassin, I'm a Toa. I fight against injustice, for our Three Virtues. I have duties here, to the Kalta. I can't just abandon my team to go off to help you, I dunno, reclaim your kingdom."

The Fa-Toa turned around and leaned on the waist-high wall, looking into the forge. "I want to, though. I want to spend every moment I can with you. If you could help us, maybe things would change here. Maybe I could go."

Metal scraps from around the forge stirred; they were drawn into the center of the forge. Burnished blades, half-formed pieces of armor, shaved flash metal, broken equipment. It all began coalescing around the pit of molten metal.

:But it's not his decision, is it?:

The voice was not part of the dreamscape, nor even was it Casanuva's familiar voice. It wasn't an outside influence, but it spoke, much like Soraph was doing. The scraps of metal from around the forge tightened together over the pit, and formed into an enormous torso. Casanuva's body faded as the torso formed, except for his mask, which was grabbed by enormous metal fingers and placed where the head was forming. Molten metal flowed through through the torso like a circular system, pooling into burning orbs in the creature's eyes, with an assembled mask which now resembled a Pakari. The figure was black and dark steel, broken up by both polished and rusted pieces. It grasped the titanic sword and rested it with the tip buried in the floor.

:Tell me what you are doing in my head.:

IC:

Soraph nearly tripped as she backed away against the other half-wall of the platform, reaching behind her to steady herself. Her mouth hung open in surprise. In all her days as a Willhammer she had never experienced anything like this. The only two minds that should have been present were Casanuva's and her own.

She sensed that there was no other Willhammer intruding on Casanuva's dream, so who could this new figure be? Soraph thought Mata-Nui didn't have anyone able to use Menti techniques.

Unless...

Casanuva's body had disappeared just as the black-clad warrior had coalesced into existence. This was all happening in Casanuva's dreams, so...

Soraph gulped. In just a few seconds she faded into thin air from the platform and reappeared a few feet from the forge. An impossible task in the real world, but then, she wasn't in the real world, was she?

:I came here to speak to a friend without having to worry about being overheard. Now, who or what are you?:

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

The figure shuddered; a screeching, stuttering laugh uttered from it.

:Don't sound so accusatory; I'm the one that lives here. You're a foreign organism. I'm the attack rahi chained in your boytoy's head. I'm his combat instincts. The ugly brute that keeps him on the Mission. I'm as much Casanuva as I am Merceon.:

Merceon gestured around the room, which fell away into darkness. Shards of polished metal were called into being, briefly showing flashes of Casanuva's memories, most being from the last day or so.

:When the blue boy sleeps, I help him sort through his memories on occasion. His memories become my memories, but not the other way around. It's like a one way mirror. I embody the core ideals of Casanuva.:

Merceon stooped down, staring directly at Soraph. :Including that little seedling you planted. You didn't carefully insert that into the deepest parts of Casanuva's subconscious, you cut through his mind and put it into ME.: The mass of metal pointed to its chest, where a swirling blue orb was stuck. :You have no idea how much I want you, and how much it HURTS.:

IC:

Soraph was shocked. She reached out a hand to touch the small blue orb deeply lodged in Merceon's chest. He winced at her contact but she didn't notice as she focused entirely on the orb, which begun to pulse  a bright light as Soraph's fingers touched it's edges.

:I'm so sorry: she whispered but she barely heard herself. What she'd intended on doing to Casanuva, lodging an affection for her in his mind, had gone completely awry, she saw that now. Soraph had never come across a situation like this before, where one person had two minds in one body. Or was it one mind, but layered into two? The Vilda Willhammer didn't know, but however Merceon and Casanuva's minds were fused, the structure had taken Soraph's energies and changed them. The mind was complex and Soraph had meddled with it, and the consequences would be unlike anything any Dasakan had ever seen.   She doubted she or anyone else could remove the blue orb now - it was a part of Merceon, whether Soraph wanted it or not. 

Soraph looked up into Mercon's molten eyes.

:I'm not sure I completely understand. Casanuva is you, but you're not necessarily Casanuva? When I talk to Casanuva, when we're together, am I speaking to him or to you, Merceon?  Or is both of you? Which one of you is it that cares for me? Which one of you is it that I care for?:

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

Merceon seemed to calm down a bit, crossing his arms and resting on them.

:When he wakes up, it's all Casanuva. But, if I wasn't here, you probably wouldn't recognize him as the same person. His ideas mostly stay his ideas. His infatuation was his alone. But now...: Merceon again gestured to the orb in his chest.

:It's infected me as well. It's why I'm telling you this; you'd probably stumble into me with your incursions into your boyfriend's head, sooner or later. Everything I've told you could probably be pulled out of me forcibly by a telepath of your skill. But I'm telling you this freely because I don't want to see you get hurt. If I get called out, I tend to be unstable, and that's discounting the reason I got called out in the first place. It might be a... conflict of interest. I wasn't supposed to feel loyalty to anyone outside of... well, this isn't supposed to happen to me.:

IC [Rhow - Great Takea Porch]:

Customers came, customers went, that was the nature of things. Even strangers like the Dasaka were nothing too outlandish in the life of a mercenary and part-time inn owner.

What always remained though was her favourite spot: Folding chair on the porch, legs up and a good mug of something you shouldn't examine to closely in her hand.

Rhow savored these little moments. Not too long ago, she'd lived like little more than a Rahi, surviving on a daily basis and tearing apart everything that got in her way. 

You know: The good old days.

Emptying the mug in one long gulp, she leaned back and rested her hands behind her head. 

OOC: Rhow open for interaction.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Zelvin (Great Takea)

A cloaked figure walked out of the restaurant, and stood at the edge of the porch. Looking, awfully ominous standing there framed by the entrance, and with their face and figure hidden like that.

"I guess I do look a bit ridiculous. Phaw, let it be so."

A drawn out sniff could be heard from inside the hood, before a pair of spindly arms emerged from the cloak and pulled the hood back. The gaunt, weary face that came into view revealed an elderly Toa, with a calm, contemplating expression displayed on her Kanohi, surveying the town and passersby with mild curiosity. Purple eyes blinking ever so slightly.

She turned her head and looked at the Skakdi proprietor of the little establishment she'd stopped at.

"The only thing you're missing is a straw hat, my dear" she remarked with an amused smile.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Merceon's answers only led to more questions. He claimed that if he took control then/Casanuva would become "unstable" as he put it, but then how was he speaking so calmly now? And who else was it that he was supposed to be loyal to? And the most obvious question of all, why was he and Casanuva like this? Soraph thought it was better to leave this questions for another time. If Merceon was as unstable as he said he was, it would be best not to make reveal too much at once.

:So as long as one of you are in my life, both of you are. And he wouldn't be who he was without you. I think I'm beginning to understand.:

Soraph crossed her arms too, mirroring Merceon's pose.

:There's still one thing you haven't told me. I asked Casanuva if he would come with me to Kentoku to help get rid of my aunt, and then you appeared and said it wasn't his decision. Now I'm going to go ahead and guess you meant it was YOUR decision, so let me ask you, will you allow it? Will you help me?:

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

:It's still not my decision, though my consent would probably help. Both Casanuva and I answer to the same person.:

Merceon waved his hand, and the shards of mirror metal started to show memories of Aelied.

:Aelied is loathe to give up his assets, but he is not unreasonable. If you prove to him that you are an ally, him trusting a member, or more likely members, of the Kalta to assist you is much more likely. Also, I'd avoid any mental trickery. He may be old, but he's sharp. He was questioning me about your... probing of Casanuva's mind. Fortunately, you didn't find me then, and I managed to keep your little gift to myself. But if he gives his permission, I would be more than happy to assist. In fact, I have even less qualms than Casanuva would.:

IC:

This surprise didn't turn out too bad, Soraph thought to herself. Casanuva might not be able to help her get rid of Relisai, but Merceon definitely would. In fact, it seemed like he would enjoy ending Relisai's life as much as Soraph would.

:Getting Aelied to trust me shouldn't be a problem. I can be very convincing, and I would never do anything to hurt you, Casanuva or any of the other Kalta:

Soraph appeared unsure for a moment, considering her next actions. Then she took a quick step towards Merceon and, leaning upwards and forwards on tiptoes, gave Merceon a quick kiss on his cheek. 

:Thank you, Merceon, for telling me all this. I realize how hard it must be to give up so many secrets. I should probably be going soon. Before I do though - what happens if I need to talk to you again? How can I get you to come out of hiding again?:

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Asa

"Great... Takea. Is this a restaurant?"

Somehow, she had ended up here.

Were the other Dasaka here too?

If not... She'd end up in a lot of trouble when she got back.

She stepped in, but only realized after entering the establishment that she didn't have any money to buy anything.

Edited by Constructman

IC [Rhow - Great Takea]:

The Skakdi opened one eye, glancing over at the Toa standing in her light. Her right arm lifted lazily, finger pointing at the newcomer in agreement. 

"That's a good idea...whoever you are." she said. "I'll add it to my to-do list."

"Zelvin" she replied, scanning the porch for anywhere to sit. She found a vacant chair and pulled it up next to the loafing Skakdi with a polite smile.

"Hope you don't mind if I sit myself down for a moment, it's been a long day. I'm sorry, your name is...?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Merceon chuckled again as he rose. :Like this. Any time Casanuva sleeps deep enough to dream, you can contact me. Now, return to your own mind. Casanuva doesn't have lucid dreams, but I don't want to push it.:

The figure incorporated, fell apart back into the scrap it had been made of. The pieces fell away into nothingness, and darkness enveloped the mindscape. Distant flashes appeared of other memories and dreams; Merceon resuming his duty.

About ten minutes of walking/floating, Skorm set Zueya down in an outcropping of stone at a cliff. The treeline was sparser here, and the wind howled. Both of the toa sat across from each other, both enshrouded in shadow. Unsure of what to say.

"Back in the village... Casanuva said you killed a guard. And tried to kill him, Kalyss, and Vakua. He's telling the truth, isn't he?"

Skorm crossed his arms. Zueya had seen this behavior from him before, back when he was a matoran. He had done so when he was uncomfortable, and didn't want to acknowledge something.

"He's telling the truth, but he doesn't know everything."

Zueya stared him down. "What is it? What could have possibly made you want to kill them?"

Skorm scowled. "Antidermis."

The Vo-Toa leaned forward and grabbed Skorm by the loop of his cloak, pulling him down to her face. Skorm didn't try to resist, but he tried to avert his eyes, even as her own were glowing directly in front of him. "Is that supposed to mean anything to me?"

Skorm sighed, and Zueya let him go. He leaned over and started pushing some of the sticks and leaves on the ground into a pile. "Light a fire, and I'll explain it from the beginning, when I washed up in Le-Wahi."

The small Vo-Toa looked at Skorm, then complied, lighting a small fire using an arc of electricity. She blew on the fire gently to stoke it, then looked back to Skorm. In the light from the fire, she saw Skorm's mask clearly, the black streaks. Like he had been weeping. Reflexively, she reached up to his mask and tried to a wipe them away, but her heart sank when she felt the indelible stains under his eyes. He explained to her everything that had happened. The encounter with Zaktan, the dark thoughts the Antidermis brought him. Tears came as he recalled the utter hate. The fight in Ga-Koro. The escape to Mangaia, his crippling at the hands of the Abettor, and his healing at the hands of Stannis. When Skorm finished, he stared at the small fire. He looked up when he felt Zueya's hand grasp his.

She didn't look at him immediately. "That's a lot to take in."

"I know."

"I trust you. I knew something else had to be up, you wouldn't do those things."

Skorm pulled his hand away, and pushed himself up to the cliff face. "You're not getting it! That was me! I wanted nothing but to kill the team. Kill you. Tear your bodies to shreds."

He felt Zueya sidle up to him. "Maybe. But if what you told me is true, it might have been your body and mind used, but it wasn't you. The Skorm I got to know would never do that. It's not your fault; you were poisoned, and there was nothing you could do."

"But I wasn't strong enough! I could have fought through it! I could have-" Skorm was cut off by Zueya pulling him into an embrace, kissing him." Several moment passed before Zueya pulled back to speak.

"You're here, now. You're not to blame for what happened, Zaktan is. You're here with me."

In the dying light, she saw Skorm's mask break into a small smile. "Yeah. I'm here. With you."

When the sun came up, Zueya's hammock was still empty, her staff leaning against a nearby tree.

• Upvote 1

IC:

Soraph was the first to wake that morning. It was peaceful here on Mata-Nui. There were no politics to worry about, no fear of invading armies, no assassins in the night-

Someone was missing.

Soraph looked over to Zueya's hammock and it was swaying gently in the wind, completely empty.

She immediately woke Casanuva (Merceon?) and then the rest of the Kalta.

"Zueya's gone" she told them.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC [Rhow -The Great Takea]:

"Rhow." she replied, leaning back and closing her eyes down to slits again. 

"So, what brings you out here? You don't strike me as the local type."

She paused for a second. "Heh. Then again, these days few are."

"Right now I was actually just looking for a nice meal and a good conversationalist, nothing to it" Zelvin replied with a frank and friendly tone. She meant it, too, it was pretty much all she had to look forward to today, not that that was a bad thing.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

The Fa-Toa didn't stir easily, he turned and mumbled, nearly falling out of the hammock. "Who- wha... I didn't..." Groggily, Casanuva rolled out of the vine hammock. All of a sudden, he bolted straight up, an alert look on his mask. "Did you say Zueya was gone?"

He barely waited for Soraph to explain as he reached out to his gear lying against a nearby tree. As he walked towards Zueya's hammock, his armor animated and flew onto his body, finishing with his belt and Ferrite. He scarcely wasted a second adjusting his armor without his magnetism before looking over Zueya's spot. Her hammock was still here. No obvious signs of a struggle. Casanuva frowned and put two fingers to his forehead, concentrating on the magnetic fields in the immediate area. Him and the others, Soraph's new necklace, the Kalta's weapons...

The blue-armored toa leaned down and picked up Zueya's staff, still collapsed into its usual portable form.

"What is it?"

Casanuva looked up, and saw that Aelied was fully awake and walking towards them.

"Zueya's not here, but she left her staff."

Aelied stood still a moment. Then he began looking around, but not beyond the brush. Aelied looked at the plants and the trees. "There hasn't any disturbances to the area besides just now since... around midnight. I can't tell how many footprints, but the vines are not disturbed. Zueya likely left of her own accord around... midnight."

Vakua had woken up and approached in his usual manner. Aelied turned to the De-Toa. "Vakua, see if you can locate her, either using your kanohi or your element." The slender De-Toa hesitated a moment as if he wanted to say something, but nodded. He gingerly removed his ear protectors, and his mask glowed. Aelied turned to the Dasaka.

"Soraph, Mako, Dakte, if you have any abilities that might help you locate the girl, might you use them to help us? I don't like this." The elder toa's mask was tense."

IC:

Soraph nodded curtly before closing her eyes and expanding her senses.

The minds of her fellow Dasaka flared into existence, bright lights on the mental landscape. These were followed by the Kaltas' consciousness. Soraph couldn't help but focus on Casanuva's for a moment. She thought she saw a glimmer of black - was that Merceon, waiting at the edge to take control?

She forced her mind to continue outwards as she sensed all the bugs and small Rahi around them.

Until...

There it was. Zueya's mind. It was in the distance, approaching the group. But there was another mind beside her.

Soraph opened her eyes.

"She's not far" the Vilda Menti announced. "She's walking back here, and she's not alone."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

Soraph was the first to wake that morning. It was peaceful here on Mata-Nui. There were no politics to worry about, no fear of invading armies, no assassins in the night-

Someone was missing.

Soraph looked over to Zueya's hammock and it was swaying gently in the wind, completely empty.

She immediately woke Casanuva (Merceon?) and then the rest of the Kalta.

"Zueya's gone" she told them.

IC: Vilda Mako (Campsite)

"Umwhaa" I gurgled as I was ever so rudely awo- I mean, my sharp instincts let me quickly stir awake when Soraph sounded the alarm. One day and things were already going south. Kama seemed to project a stern aura of alertness as she took off on her own initiative and ascended quickly to provide us both a look at the situation. Meanwhile, I moved over towards Dakte's spot, personally compelled to keep him close at hand when things would inevitably go right down Zataka's road.

IC [Rhow - Outside the Great Takea]:

The Skakdi chuckled loudly.  "Not a local and honest to boot - you are a rarity."

"Well, if it's a meal you want, you've come to the right place!" she said, slapping her knee and sitting up.

"What would you like?"

"A Ruki filet or two would do me very well, I think" Zelvin replied. Inwardly, she was taking note of the Skakdi's juxtaposition between a brutish outer appearance and perfectly amiable attitude. She had a good feeling this Skakdi had seen some interesting things, and probably learned a thing or two. The hard way, judging by her scarred appearance.

"I suppose I'm not one to throw stones there, mind" she thought to herself, briefly closing and opening her fist, feeling her slightly withered fingers tense awkwardly. If the Skakdi noticed, she didn't mind particularly.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Dakte, campsite)

Dakte gave the approaching Mako a nod. His presence was reassuring; the Menti was not yet sure what to think of this 'Toa Team', and had been suspicious of Soraph since the incident with the Parakuka creatures. The old Datsue was the only one here he really trusted.

IC: [Ayiwah – Chisaii Ryuu Galley]

The two Menti stepped onto the galley, where they found the royal guards Ayiwah had summoned waiting, standing perfectly still at attention. She acknowledged them with a court nod, walking down the line of warriors, before coming to a stop in front of the group.

“Take your pick. Hanako has agreed to loan us some of her bodyguards. We have more than enough hands on deck to defend the ship with a few of them on a mission with you. I would like for you to go to Ko-Wahi. Scout out routes, gather intelligence…and look after the other group. Call it insurance. If they’re walking into trouble, you’re their backup.”

She gave Tazera an apologetic smile.

“Unfortunately, this will have to happen off the record. I don’t want to chance our enemies getting wind of this. Your thoughts?”

IC (Tazera, Chiisai Ryuu)

"Orders are orders, ma'am, whether they're on the record or not," the Lieutenant replied. "You can trust me to get the job done."

The slightest hint of a smirk peeked through her stoic expression.

"And I'll be as discreet as I can."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC [Ayiwah - Chisaii Ryuu]:

"Then I will leave the rest of the mission planning to you, Lieutenant." Ayiwah replied, fully playing the part of commodore again in front of the Menti royal guards. She dismissed Tazera with a court nod, accompanied by a discreet wink, before heading out of the galley. Making her way through the ship and past the cabins, she headed up the ladder to the top of the conn tower.

A breeze was coming in from the east, billowing her uniform's coat out behind her as she emerged from the hatch onto the observation platform. Compared to the surrounding buildings of Ga-Koro, she was standing at rooftop height, overlooking the village and landscape beyond. 

Her gaze swept over the Koro, noting the Matoran going after their day-to-day work. Sailors and fishers in their little boats or preparing nets, weavers carrying bundles of seaweed. There were the odd so-called Toa and other assorted beings mixed into crowd. Despite the bustle of activity, there was a tranquil feeling to it all, spread across the entire village. It was something she hadn't noticed before. Upon their recent arrival, the crowd here had reacted rather differently. Some, in their surprise, had even reacted hostile to the Dasaka at first. But now that they were part of the landscape with their ship and had not brought about more trouble, Ga-Koro had become used to their presence rather quickly and without complications. 

Observing the Matoran in their work, Ayiwah couldn't help but think of home and the differences between the two lands. They had none of the Dasakan virtues here, yet there was an order to it all, without the rigid rules enforcing it that she knew. The tribes had power and it seemed the villages were working to better themselves regardless; and their people seemed honorable enough. She smiled amused at the thought of telling the Toroshu and Rora about it all when they returned home. By all their standards, a society like this shouldn't work. But here they were.

Yumiwa will flip.

Then her eyes followed the paths leading out of the village, eventually drawing her gaze to the horizon. There the mountains rose into the sky until clouds obscured their peaks and Ayiwah's thoughts darkened. A village had fallen to criminals there. An entire settlement in the hands of the lowest scum she could imagine. And the six right with them. And from what she had heard, Ga-Koro had almost suffered a similar fate not too long ago. And while they had managed to turn the tide in the end, something like this would not have happened back home so easily. Instead, they had had the Fursic uprising and an assassinated head of state. She sighed.

We all have our problems in the end.

What she did know though, was that their two systems were not compatible. Since the discovery of this land, it was clear some Toroshu were entertaining thoughts of expanding the empire, but she could already tell such plans were doomed to fail. If a dark deity had failed to subjugate this island, what hopes did they have? No. The Dasaka had discovered something beautiful, wild and utterly untamable. 

[Rhow - the Great Takea]:

"Can do!" was Rhow's reply. She heaved herself off of her reclining chair, bamboo creaking in protest against her muscled frame moving. "Follow me."

She led Zelvin into the inn, indicating for her to pick somewhere to sit. As she did, she also shouted into the kitchen. "Fire up two Ruki filets and make it snappy!"

"Gotcha!" came the reply. 

Rhow glanced at her now customer again. "So, anything to drink?"

"Well, I do have a preference for lemonade, especially actual lemon flavored." the Kru-Toa replied as she sat herself down at a table near one of the windows to the outside. She removed her cloak and draped it across the chair she sat herself down in, and crossed her legs. With a wave of her hand, her weapon settled quietly against the wall.

Zelvin was already taking in the salty fragrance of the Inn, and she had to admit, it gave the place some character. Not that it was missing any with Rhow (and her) already present.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC [Rhow - The Great Takea]:

Rhow nodded and then got to work behind the bar. Zelvin could hear the squish of several unfortunate lemons getting squeezed dry in the Skakdi's bare hands and a few minutes later, she presented her with a full cup, completely with decorative fern leaf sticking out of it. 

IC: Zelvin (The Great Takea)

Zelvin apprehensively took a first sip of the lemonade, and immediately felt the weak, sour sting on her tongue, giving her mind just a slight jolt of awareness that she personally imagined manifested in a stronger glow from her eyes and heartlight. The fern leaf tickled her cheek as she put the cup down, and gave a satisfied, telling nod towards Rhow.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

There was irony in the idea of Whitehot Munequita, who found brawling such an entertaining pastime, being unaware that there was a fight going on for her very heart between two psychic aliens in the corner booth of a breakfast diner.

"I think you did this morning, at the sub!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"I believe you are correct, Whitehot." Sinshi commented, sipping her coffee and reaching around her shoulder in a gesture reminiscent of a hug in order to grab the coffee pot to refill her mug. "I seem to recall that as well."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG