BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Surina

(Ga-Koro, Prison):

"Of course I don't want to die!" Surina spat weakly. "But spending months at the sea on a lousy excuse of a boat with barely any supplies makes you think about life and death. I'm supposed to be dead by now, yet I live. That has given me a new point of view. Whether I live or die now, I know I was never meant to set foot on this island after my death sentence."

Surina sighed and lowered her head. "It's funny how things change. I tried to assassinate you because I felt that would give me something more than I had... but my life was pretty good before that attempt. I guess I ruined my own destiny."

IC:

Akiri Hahli was quiet for a long time before she stood up and motioned for Eutuchia to pull the stool back where it came from. Quietly, the Ga-Matoran put her hand on the bar, wrapped it around the cold steel and squeezed. When her grip slackened again, she looked into Surina's eyes once more and then tapped the bar twice with her fingertips.

"Yeah," she said. "Yeah, you did."

Surina didn't have anything to say to that, and Hahli didn't have anything to say after that. The Akiri and her assistant walked out of the cell after a few seconds of eye contact and left Surina to her fate.

IC:

"We didn't used to require paperwork to join a pirate ship, but Song insists that there's a bunch of legal speak involved now that we're privateers." Raknar reached around Song, still lounging lethargically on his lap, and pulled the paper away from the Angler after he'd signed and initialed all the right blanks. Maybe he had noticed all the vinaigrette he'd used on the salad and was wondering if the contract would be less legally binding if there was a balsamic stain on Appendix C. "Alright. That's that. Sudo, Wilmor, Angler...welcome to the Southern Charm. Song, I think my leg is falling asleep."

"I'm alright with that."

"I'm sure we'll all get along just great."

-Tyler

Edited by Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Flynn's overconfidence was almost amusing.

His path out of danger had been blocked by an extension of the plasmic dome. The heat coming off of it was sweltering, and he watched as the blistering, blackening wood caught flame. The Lesterin watched the orange tongues of fire lick up at the air with utter dispassion, his expression revealing neither anger nor panic, even as they began lapping dangerously close to his fingers.

And so he let go.

His hands worked at lightning pace, drawing his twin swords and stabbing them into the wooden hull, arresting his fall halfway down the hull of the ship. His arms shuddered from the impact, and the blistering flesh of his right hand seemed to scream in pain, forcing him to release its grip. He briefly dangled from his left hand before gritting his teeth and grabbing the right hand sword with all the force that he could muster. Bracing his feet against the ship's side, he pulled that sword back out.

This can't end well.

But Tyrus didn't have time to think of a better plan; he pulled with his left arm, pushed against the hull with his legs, leaping up and landing in a crouch on the hilt of the imbedded sword. It lurched, twisting dangerously in its wooden nest, but before long, the Lesterin leaped again, past the border of Flynn's plasma, grabbing hold of the railing (once again). Never a man to waste something, he used the momentum of his jump and threw himself over the side, rolling across the deck before landing in a crouch to the Toa's right.

Standing to his feet, he smiled with lupine fervour and sheathed his one remaining sword.

"Now, where were we?"

---

IC:

"Pass," I said between forkfuls of salad and fish, my eyes darting over to the speaker, a powerfully-built Toa whose green and white armour meant he was either a Windman or a Greenie. That, or I'd been in the Lighthouse long enough for fashion trends to advance lightyears beyond my day ... along with, I suppose, everything else touching culture.

("Ballin'", what does that even mean?)

"No offense or anything, but I'd prefer being able to get out of this village without any unwanted attention."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC(Ignitus, Rerus, and Xadah(on board the Inika)):

For the first time since I'd met him, Xadah didn't appear to have a drop of liquor in his system. When sober, I realized, he was actually pretty clever.

Rerus, on the other hand, was just like he always tended to be: a stone, stoic and unchanging. Were this most card games, that would worry me, but this was one where showing emotion probably wouldn't be too disadvantageous.

Speaking of which, I thought to myself, who in Karzahni invented this game anyway?

I had never been a huge fan of card games - they usually involved gambling, and money was one thing I generally didn't have much of - but sailing through an empty and seemingly infinite ocean, boredom tends to get the better of you. Thus, when JL had presented us with a something to break the monotony, I had been quick to agree.

That's not the real reason, a part of me said.

The nightmares had been getting worse; they came whenever I slept now. The last one had shown, in gruesome detail, a torturous prison run by Radriar's men. That had been three days before.

I knew it was only a matter of time before the rest of the crew realized how sparingly I'd been sleeping, or worse, until it caused a dangerous mistake on my part. I needed sleep; I remembered how good it felt to stop worrying and just rest. At the same time, though, I couldn't bring myself to face the memories it brought forth.

I forced all that out of my mind; I was here for a simple game of cards.

I heard JL tell us time was up, thus snapping me back to reality. I hastily picked a card - The secret sauce - and revealed it. Likewise Xadah and Rerus revealed their cards - A copy of "A Gentleman's Guide to Ga-Koro" and The real deal, respectively.

it, JL, what have you done?

OOC: I'll edit in a Moeru post later tonight for the Dasaka expedition.

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

OOC: Well hello, Nuju and GSR. Saw a potential opening, decided to give it a shot. If you two have a specific plan, feel free to let me know and I'll amuse myself elsewhere. :P

IC:

"Having trouble finding something?" A voice queried, making the presence of its owner known. The speaker was a Menti warrior of nondescript garb, simple armor and the rapier at her side the best indicator of her occupation. Her face shifted into a mildly apologetic expression, though the change was more a subtle rearrangement of the features than anything else. "Rude of me to intrude, but I couldn't help but overhear."

Truth be told, Umbraline Sinshi was glad of the interruption. As part of the group sent to safeguard the Rora's emissary, she didn't have very much to do while they were aboard the submarine. Failing to give Hanako Herupa the privacy and respectful distance that was due would be nearly as bad as giving too much, so for the moment, she was fulfilling her duties with the best balance she could; she was aware of the Herupa's location, and was keeping an eye out for any potential. ... Very, very nonexistent threats. 

"I'm not sure what either of you is looking for, but I might be able to help. And I have time to spare."

Too much of it. 

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Removing Terus from the game. I don't have enough time to stay active here anymore, so away he goes.

IC Terus:

Terus stood on the cliffs overlooking the impressive waterfalls that roared by Ga-Koro. It was beautiful. It truly was.

I could stay. He thought as he pondered his recent decision. I could start again...

But he couldn't. Deep in his heart, he knew he couldn't. His life had ended the same day... she... had died. Now it was simply time to complete his death.

"I tried, my love. I knew you wouldn't want this. But I can't be away from you anymore." He whispered to the wind.

Then, before he could reconsider this final choice, he bent his knees and leaped, sending himself clear of the falls, to land in the far-too shallow water at the edge of the pool below.

He barely felt the impact. It was the last sensation he would ever have.

"Those who dream by day are conscious of many things that escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

IC:

Tyrus shifted to one side and with a snap of his left arm, he snatched the launcher's cable out of mid-air before yanking it towards him. His other hand was tensed, ready to strike if he saw an opportunity without risking a repeat of his last strike with that arm.

---

IC:

"Call me weak if you like," I replied, taking a sip of Bula juice, "but attention brings Marines in its wake, and there's no love lost between me and fuzz here."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC - Flynn - Haru-Mafa River:

Flynn smirked and retracted the grapnel gun. Since Archer had pulled the end of the cable, Flynn was now flying at high speed straight towards archer, his sword in front of him. He erected a plasma dome around his front down to his midsection, channeled through his sword at the handle as to allow the blade to poke through.

IC: Syvra

Syvra stopped, turned and stared at ryzen for a few seconds despite the height difference

"Ryzen, what brings you to Ga-koro? It is certainly different from ko-koro and somewhere I never thought I would see you."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Soraya [The Chiisai Ryu]

They made their way through several passages. Once Nihi had tried several locked doors along the latest corridor, Nihi turned to Soraya and rubbed the back of her neck. "I don't actually know how to find anything on board."

"That's two of us, then," she said with an exaggerated shrug.  "Thought I had it figured out before I got on, but nah, guess it'd be too easy for them to lay out the darn ship like any sane tradeswoman would."

IC:

"I'm not sure what either of you is looking for, but I might be able to help. And I have time to spare."

Too much of it. 

Soraya turned to see a Menti standing there dressed head to toe in - Zuto's sake, it's not beige, but it may as well be for the impression it leaves.  Maybe she could manage a sale or three even if she couldn't bring back the title of "first trans-oceanic trader."

"Truth be told, we need a place to crash.  You'd think that'd be easy to find, but I think we've passed the same guard with a stick up her bum something like three times now."

[OOC: Nah, no particular plans unless Nuju's about to pull the GM card and have a shark break through the wall or something.  Anyway, woo, interaction!]

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: Elysi

Rhea's rheasoning (did she really have to make that pun? It was horrible) was indeed quite sound. A proper vantage point was valuable, especially one like the cliff they stood upon. Elysi could see the entirety of the village of water from above. There would be no difficulty in glimpsing events of interest. The sight was pretty as well, she could admit, although the Toa of Lightning did prefer Ta-koro at night over Ga's sunrise.

"Or maybe he's trying to find us," she suggested with a shrug. "Don't think I recalled you setting a meeting place?"

OOC:

Aaactually... see Rhea's last relevant post before the nighttime timeskip here. And I believe it was satisfactorily resolved via OOC and/or PM, that Rhea had informed Avier of the morning's plans during said timeskip, after she left the Tidepool.

So you're wrong, or at least Elysi is. But no harm done, right? We're still on speaking terms, right? :P

IC: [ Rhea ] - Ga-Koro / Naho Bay / cliffs

"I believe I did, in fact, specifically mention we'd meet on the cliffs." countered the Su-Toa mildly. "One hour before daybreak, and be prepared to travel. But that's irrelevant now. I spoke with Avier after I left the inn; he knows perfectly well where he ought to be... or ought to have been, just about an hour and five minutes ago."

Restlessly, she ran her fingers along the top of a polished white boulder, feeling the dew already fading with the early sun. It would be a hot day; hotter still, in the wastes of Po-Wahi.

Syvra stopped, turned and stared at ryzen for a few seconds despite the height difference

"Ryzen, what brings you to Ga-koro? It is certainly different from ko-koro and somewhere I never thought I would see you."

IC: Akhulli continued to stroll through Ga-Koro looking for someone to hire. He suddenly stopped abruptly when he saw a strange looking Toa of Plantlife in the distance. His armor wasn't like something he'd seen before, and he looked like someone who could really hold his own in battle, or at least he hoped he could. Akhulli saw he was in the middle of a conversation but prepared to move in with his offer; he couldn't let this pass. Besides a toa of plant-life in particular sounded useful to him. Ikhulli began to carefully move towards the toa excitedly.

OC: Sorry if I'm barging into anything. I'm just trying to get some interaction going. My character plans on leaving Ga-Koro to study and pick herbs/wildlife. He's willing to travel anywhere but only with company to protect him since he is but a matoran. If you're not interested, you can say no or I can decide to look elsewhere.   :)

Edited by Banana Gunz

IC: Kubrick

Kubrick fought down his impatience.

"He was given a schedule. If he couldn't follow a simple deadline, well, I wouldn't be putting any bets in favour of his effectiveness as a part if this group."

It was a harsh statement, and Kubrick did not regret it.

OOC: Is Avier actually late, or is TX Wade simply unavailable?

Edited by Norik Of Celtania

Syvra glanced towards an approaching ga-matoran. Where as others seemed to just move around the three toa, this one seemed to be trying to approach them. His eyes rolled when he heard a faint giggle coming from Venixa and her saying something along the lines of 'he doesn't know what he is approaching'. however ignoring the peanut gallery Syvra looked down at the matoran turning his attention away from Ryzen

"You need something?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Akhulii

"Good afternoon good sir! Pardon my intrusion, but my name Akhulii. I have an offer to make you simply cannot refuse!" Akhulli began to walk around the strange toa of plantlife, looking at him and scratching his chin as if he was examining a fine piece of live-stock. His eyes narrowed slightly at the sight of his wooden foot, but he quickly recovered remembering how desperate he was. He stopped quickly and adjusted his scope attachment to get a closer look at his body. "I happened to notice you from quite a distance, and have since now decided you are the strong and able specimen I have been looking for!" He quickly took out a small brush and dusted off the toa of plantlifes fore-arm armor. He quickly spun around and ran to the other side of the toa. "This is a golden opportunity that comes once in a life-time, and you've been chosen especially to hold this honor!" Akhulii waved his arms around dramatically and then continued to take a few quick strides around the toa, ignoring all the other snickering beings staring at him.

IC: (Mons Shajs/The Endless Sea)

It'd taken him a small deal of money, but Shajs finally got his vacation. A rented sailboat, couple of harpoons, a keg of ale. He'd was out at sea, far out, comparatively, to most fishing boats. But out here gave him a kind of serenity, a kind of peace. The disease had eaten at him. It stripped meat off his bones, make him weak, lethargic. In his experience, hunting fish out at sea was a good way to restore his strength. Then again, he hadn't known much else. Shajs sat upon a wicker chair, on the back deck. The cool breeze buffeted him as he sipped the ale. It was something he did to little of. So much time fighting, and so little time relaxing.

How lucky he was, to be able to do this.

Most of his crew had died against fighting the Marine Corps he now served. Men and women who had came with him to this island, and would never have a chance to leave. He didn't dwell on it, too much. Death came towards him several times, be it from arrow wounds or the recent disease. But somehow he'd survived, to go on another day. To see the sun rise and set, to think, to enjoy life.  He found it strange, in a way, that Mata Nui had let him live so long. He'd seen innocents pass into death, lives go sooner than the should. But he, a man weighed by sin, was able to walk amongst the living. Shajs loved his life, but he came to wonder whether he was let to live it to be redeemed, or to be punished.

A wave broke his train of thought. It buffeted the starboard bow of the small vessel, and made the Skakdi acknowledge his hunger. Casting his melancholy to the back of his mind (It would return, he knew), he went below deck. The scent of fish greeted him, in his untidy quarters, the lingering scent of fish cooked the day before. Grasping a net and a pair of air bladders, Shajs went to the bow of his vessel, The Kanae. Tying the bladders to a belt, he dove into the sea like a spear. The water was clear and blue, and he could see much of the sea bed below. Lobster, he knew he wanted lobster. Swimming slowly down, he searched for the crustaceans in the rocks. Lingering little, he spotted one crawling upon a boulder. snatching it by the tail, he put it into the net. Switching bladders, he searched the rocks for another, finding the second in a crevice.

Slowly surfacing, Shajs swam back to the Kanae. The lobsters wound make a fine lunch, but he'd though he'd fish with a pole in deeper water to the east. He remembered an area off an old smuggling route, one teeming with fish. After cooking and consuming the lobsters, he set sail.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC:

Again with the plasma. Tyrus would have shaken his head in disdain at the overuse of elemental abilities had not his split-second reaction been crucial to his continued survival.

Flynn was coming at him at high speed, flying across the deck of the ship, his sword peeking out of the hemisphere of plasma protecting him. He had turned his entire body into a projectile, put all of his effort into this strike against the Lesterin, placed all of his eggs into this basket. The fool. The thought lingered in Tyrus's mind, wedged between ploys to use this attack to his own advantage.

The Toa flew at him, then over him, as the Marine had hit the deck and rolled beneath the criminal's attack, dragging the line of the Volo-Lutu launcher with him, whereupon it would either be melted via contact with Flynn's plasma, or could be used to his advantage. Tyrus, however, was not a man to place all of his faith in one possible eventuality. Once he was behind Flynn, he jumped to his feet, unsheathing his sword and slashing at the Toa's exposed legs.

---

IC:

I snorted, then I rolled my eyes, and then I proceeded to grin at the Toa to show that I was only joking with those last two actions. No need to go making enemies just yet.

"Obviously you've never been thrown into a Ga-Koronan gaol," I said, arching an eyebrow as I took another sip of juice. "You know what you eat down there? Rice and seaweed. Three meals a day, everyday; nothing but rice and seaweed. I have no wish to return to that, thank you very much."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC:

@Norik: Wade's been less active than usual lately, although he does seem to know what's going on, mostly. So, a tentative yes on both counts. But in any case, it does give us an opportunity for CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. :bowdown:

IC: [ Rhea ] - Ga-Koro / Naho Bay / cliffs

"Avier is, in a word, a loose cannon. And I knew that when first I saw him, Kubrick, and I hired him regardless." said Rhea flatly. "He will no doubt require a strong and steady hand at first... and not from me only, as his leader, but from his teammates as well. Patience. A bit of understanding, too, if at all possible. A risky gamble he is, but still a fighting man, and Mata Nui knows, we need his kind. We cannot afford to lose him over a mere trifle."

A pause, and her eyes were thoughtful, slightly narrowed.

"All the same, your strict viewpoint is commendable and, rest assured, I share it. I'll have a word with him, make sure he understands... what sort of standards we must expect from one another."

IC:

I didn't if the Toa (Sudo, probably?) thought I was a liar or an idiot, but it wasn't hard to catch the bemusement in his face.

Me, I picked my fork back up and started eating again. What did I care for his opinion on my dietary habits? 

Still, might as well make some friends.

"Not saying anything about a party once we're out of the village," I added casually. "But if we get out of range of the Marines' disks first, that'd be great."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC - Flynn - Hura-Mafa River:

Flynn screamed as the plasma dissipated and he crashed into the deck.

"! Think you clipped my legs."

Flynn then started to laugh.

"Not nearly as bad as what I'm going to do to you, Archer."

Flynn pushed himself back up, dropping the grapnel gun and re-erecting a plasma disk shield. His feet burned as blood slowly trickled out onto the deck of the ship, painting it red with the fury of a god.

And he channeled that fury. That anger, that passion, the burning intensity inside his very soul, he drudged up every last morsel of energy, every last ounce of resistance to the screaming ache in his muscles, and teleported directly in front of Archer. He grabbed for his midsection and erupted a giant burst of plasma into his belly.

OOC: Oh boy, my bad hehe...

IC: Avier

As Rhea finished her sentence, faint whistling could be heard in the distance, a jovial tune which did absolutely nothing to put anyone in a better mood. In fact, the louder it got, the more irritating it sounded and when Avier finally came into view, he was met with impatient glares and looks disapproval. 

The black and white Toa didn't seem to notice however, or he just didn't really care. The whistling ceased but an annoyingly nonchalant smile quickly replaced it, and he just stood there staring at everyone like he wasn't....what, an hour and a half late? Two hours? 

Eh, no big deal.

"Oh yeah, almost forgot!"

He held up a finger in an indication to wait, and after rummaging through his bag, he pulled out a box and opened it, red eyes beaming. Inside were an assortment of jumbled pastries, all smushed and crumbled up.

"They say if you're late for work, bring a box of donuts."

Edited by TX Wade

IC:

Another shield, most likely another attack.

Tyrus tensed himself. Watched as Flynn disappeared, then reappeared in front of him. Reaching for his midsection.

The Lesterin didn't smile outwardly, but his movements seemed particularly satisfied as he deftly shoved the Toa's arms aside with his own, before swinging his right leg out into a devastating roundhouse to his adversary's head.

OOC: Edited to remove conflicting ideas of the battle.

-Void

Edited by Emissary

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: @FlynmIf you have an OOC comment for one person, you should use the PM system. OOC-only posts are not allowed either, to prevent cluttering that could be avoided by using N&D or the PM system.

@Shadowhawk Ohh I see.

Yay for CD!

IC: Kubrick

Kubrick nodded at Rhea's comments, "I see. We shall wait th-"

Movement and rustling behind. Kubrick turned and saw a black and white Toa. Avier.

Kubrick took one of the pastries and started munching on it without his frown breaking.

"You're late," he said matter-of-factly, his mouth full of pastry.

Edited by Norik Of Celtania

Flynn sustained a roundhouse kick to the head, knocking his mask off and causing a splitting headache. Flynn fell to his knees.

"ugwah?"

As Flynn's vision started to double, he stuck his hand out towards Archer. But instead of one final blast, he redirected the blast he had already fired towards Archer's backside.

IC: (Sucogu)

As soon as Flynn's mask hit the ground, a telekinetic hand reached out and grabbed it, flinging it into Sucogu's hand. He briefly considered smashing it to pieces, but sided against it. It would make a great wall decoration in commemoration of the defeat of the most obnoxious moron he'd ever met.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

At first, Tyrus simply assumed that Flynn was vainly attempting to create more plasma without the use of his mask. The Lesterin was close to chuckling at the criminal's foolishness, but like the rest of his reactions during the fight, he repressed it. It wasn't until he felt the heat rising behind him, his sense of touch already enhanced by his Kanohi, did he suspect an ulterior motive to the Toa's odd action.

It was a trap.

The Marine surged forward, leaping over the kneeling Flynn and rolling across the deck upon landing, ready to continue dodging if the need was there.

But given that he had an excellent meat shield between him and the plasma, he hoped for the best.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Time stopped in Flynn's mind. He thought about the situation he was in. Sure, as a Su-Toa he would have heightened heat resistance, even more than that of a Ta-Toa. But could he hope to even survive this blast of ultimate power?

No, I don't think I can.

So he didn't try to. Instead, he came up with a new plan. A better plan.

He turned around and kissed Archer on the mouth.

OOC:

You know, just to screw with you.