BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

From his position watching the event, Cotan was quite well able to notice Marda's hand slowly and carefully inching towards Farzan, and he frowned when Farzan momentarily went goofier than he already seemed to be as soon as Marda touched him. Of course, he had no way to truthfully assume the events went hand in hand, and it was rather harmless anyways, so he wouldn't question it at all; instead he turned to Farzan as soon as the Matoran began acting normal again, and raised an eyebrow.

"Not at all," he replied, his tone relatively neutral. "Sure you didn't hit your head somewhere playing around with that thing on your wrist?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Farzan (Po-Koro, Tavern)

"What, you mean harder than usual?" I asked, at least still half-suffering from the effects of the sudden mind-trip, "that's an interesting theory"

"Hold on, lemme..." I mumbled as I closed my eye and shut my lenses, and proceeded to lift one hand in the air and slap myself.

"Hoo, okay, I needed that. Now I think I'm fine. Lemme just put this thing away"

I whistled sharply, at which Kreff scuttled into the store, having been waiting outside. He bent down to let me reach the crate on his back, where I carefully deposited the prototype.

"Kreff, Cotan. Cotan, Kreff" I quickly made introductions. Kreff chittered jovially in response and gestured at Cotan with an open claw.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Hello, crab," Cotan replied with a nod at the small Ussal. Thus far he had been presented with: 1. A strange being with a headache who might possibly have mind-affecting powers, 2. A young Fa-Matoran inventor who seemed to be slightly out of it, and 3: Said Fa-Matoran's pet Ussal.

It was a fairly non-standard day for the tall Toa of Air. "Try to be careful not to hurt yourself - or cause any more property damage - while you're testing that thing, alright?"

profiles i guess

IC: Marda

Marda felt the pressure in her head fade immediately. She had managed to only give the poor Matoran a touch of vertigo and still flush enough of her built up energy to restore her faculties. She stood, stretching her arms high and then running her hands across the hair-like tendrils on the back of her head. With a glance around she discerned that a nearby Toa that she hadn't noticed until now had probably saw her use her abilities, but she was feeling the usual rush that came with fazing another person, so she didn't really care.

"Sorry, boys, I was just a little under the weather, but I feel muuuch better. Marda Belatroja, private investigator and tavern owner...uh, not this tavern though." she cooed, extending a hand to the Toa as she flashed him a charming smile.

Edited by WalkLikeAZombie

IC:

And just like that, the strange woman who seemed to have mind-affecting powers was now reaching out to Cotan for a handshake. There were a few ways this could go. Cotan could refuse to shake her hand, which would automatically make him look rude; he had the small possibility of vindication if Marda revealed her powers and that she was the person who had messed with Farzan's head earlier, or she might not do that - or she just might not have any powers - and therefore Cotan would be needlessly hurting another person's feelings and he would just feel bad.

He could also reach out and shake her hand, thereby inviting her to use her powers on him. This could cause him to become confused and disoriented just as Farzan was moments ago, but it would also reveal Marda's powers for sure to just about everybody in the bar, so it could prove beneficial in a way. Or Marda might not have any powers like Cotan suspected, and he'd be fine. Or he could trust her, and shake her hand, and she wouldn't use any powers she may or may not have and things would turn out fine.

All of these possibilities passed through his mind in an instant before, with a wary glance, he reached out and shook Marda's hand.

"Cotan. Nice to meet you."

profiles i guess

Marda's smile shifted ever-so-slightly as she shook the Toa named Cotan's hand. She was starting to see through the rush, the adrenaline fading from her system, and she realized that if this Toa had seen her faze the poor Matoran she would have some explaining to do. In he few seconds it took to shake the Toa's hand she went over the options.

Faze him too, exposing herself but distracting the Toa long enough to get away? No, she found herself interested in this Toa now.

Then there was option two: expose her ability and let him know that she meant business, but no harm? Maybe, but it would risk him turning against her. So, then...

Option number three: Do nothing and wait for his next move.

Let's go with that one.

"A pleasure, Cotan." She said, pulling her hand away and watching him closely. What would he do next?

IC: Farzan (Po-Koro, Tavern)

"Try to be careful not to hurt yourself - or cause any more property damage - while you're testing that thing, alright?"

"I'll put it on the to-do-list, maybe I'll get around to it tomorrow." I replied, "but I'm pretty sure the saying goes 'no pain, no gain' for a reason"

"Sorry, boys, I was just a little under the weather, but I feel muuuch better. Marda Belatroja, private investigator and tavern owner...uh, not this tavern though."

"Private investigator?"

"Okay, that's way too convenient. Did you know I was going to be here? Did some one hire you to spy on me and steal my secrets? Answer me, woman, or I will not hesitate to ask again!"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Alright, he hadn't yet been messed with, which meant either that Marda had no powers or that she was being smart and not using them on him. Either way, he was rather pleased with the end result of the handshake, considering he didn't want to be thrown into the same confusion Farzan had recently been in. "Indeed it is," he started to say, before Farzan distracted him. He turned back to the Matoran, raising an eyebrow.

"The pain need not be entirely physical, nor actually damaging to your person, nor do you need to ensure you experience it," he stated, responding to the Matoran's first statement. "Also, I think you ought to relax, kid. Paranoia doesn't look good on you."

profiles i guess

Marda looked over at the Matoran giving him a look that she hoped conveyed how thoroughly unimpressed she was.

"Watch your tone, little man, or the only pain you'll experience will be my fist against your...precious little invention." she said firmly, holding up her fist. A small click sounded, and a piece of armor shifted, swinging upwards to rest in front of her knuckles. The sharp edge gleamed, deadly and efficient.

IC:

"No idea," Cotan replied, shrugging. "I only just got here a while ago. Haven't found any work or such yet, don't really want to go to Ko-Koro...believe it or not, I have a conscience, unlike those criminals. It just seems like nobody needs a good, old-fashioned mercenary or bodyguard anymore."

profiles i guess

Marda smiled.

"I know how you feel. I haven't taken a job in a very long time. Nobody seems to need a private investigator in these parts anymore. , even the Dal...that's my bar, the Dal Riata...even the Dal hasn't seen much business in a while." she replied. With a sigh she looked around the room. "Sometimes I wonder if there's something else out there...another world to explore. Great Spirit, what I wouldn't give to sail to a new land." she mused.

IC:

"There is another island somewhere around Mata-Nui," Cotan said, responding to Marda's last statement. "There were some people in Ga-Koro not too long ago who came from a different island. I think they called themselves Dasaka, or something like that." Cotan tapped his chin in thought.

"So, yeah, if you wanted to sail to a new land, you probably could. No telling how dangerous it might be, but it's obviously possible."

profiles i guess

"Huh..." Marda thought about it. She had heard the name Dasaka before, but she had no idea who they were or what they were capable of. "I don't like ignorance..." she mumbled. "So if nobody needs a PI, maybe I'll do some investigating for myself." she said. She looked over at the Toa. "I've decided. I'm going to go on a fact finding mission. I've been gone too long. Things have changed too much. So I'll just have to traverse the island and reacquaint myself with its mysteries." she said, standing and grabbing her travelling cloak from a nearby stool.

"Either of you boys care to join me? It's been a while since I've traveled with company." she said. Before either answered she shot Cotan a mischievous look. "Maybe you'll find out what I'm capable of." she added with a wink.

IC: Farzan (Po-Koro, Tavern)

"Ma'am, I'm ever so sorry but you'll find I'm already married to my job." I replied courteously, before wisely backing away in case she found that even less impressive.

I never claimed to be a fighter or a lover, I was a tinkerer born on the wrong side of the fence, who happened to have the right know-how to pick the lock on the gate and cross it.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC-Vaion (Po-Koro Entrance)

The Stranger walked into town, Looking visibly weathered from the harsh desert heat. He adjusted his bandolier as he stepped through the threshold, arriving in the Bustling desert town. Here, there must be at least some work he could do...

His Name? Vaion.

His Job? Travelling Mercenary.

His Goal? ...Well, he's not quite sure yet, but he'll figure it out eventually.

OOC

Vaion open for Interaction.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC:

Cotan frowned for a moment, thinking. On the one hand, running around the island could easily lead to him and Marda getting into more trouble than either could handle, which would lead to very bad things. That, and he didn't know just how law-abiding Marda might be, which could cause him even more trouble. On the other, he could possibly find work if he went and travelled along with Marda. Or Marda might end up paying him if he helped protect her if anythting bad started to happen. And he didn't have any work at all where he was.

"Sorry, Farzan," he spoke up, glancing at the Matoran. "I think it's in my best interests to go with her. Sitting around in a tavern waiting for some intrepid adventurer with a quest given by Mata-Nui himself to come up to me, give me five hundred widgets and say "Follow me, I need your help!" doesn't seem to be working out for me. Might as well be proactive, eh?"

profiles i guess

​IC: Marda

Marda glanced over at the Matoran, trying to mask her disappointment. Then she turned her gaze back to Cotan, smiling.

"Right, okay then. This is going to be grand." she said, wrapping her cloak around her shoulders. A glance down, however, revealed it to be tattered beyond repair. "Karz...oh, well. I needed a new one anyway." she said, tossing it aside. "Now, my new friend. Where shall we begin?" she asked.

O​OC

HEY DARTH DARONUS!!!

Not sure what you're up to, but we're going on an adventure if you'd like to join.

IC:

"It looks like a store might be the best place to begin," Cotan replied. He reached out a hand, his backpack flying towards him thanks to his mask. Shrugging it on - alongside all the items within it, including his own cloak - he turned back to Marda. "That, or we can just head off. I'll leave it up to you to choose."

profiles i guess

IC: Farzan (Po-Koro, Tavern)

"Now Hold your Hoki just a little moment or two there, friends. If supplies is your cousin, then service is my son... or something. I mean I can probably help you with some of what you need others to invent in my workshop, and I might have some supplies, too"

OOC: Consider this my change of heart regarding my involvement =P

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Did she just call me sweetie?

What, do I look like Farzan or something? I'm neither that young nor that tiny.

Rolling his eyes out of sight of both Marda and Farzan, Cotan turned to the latter.

"See, Marda, even if he doesn't come along he can still help us out. Where's your shop, Farzan?"

profiles i guess

IC: Farzan (Streets)

"Will do," I said passing between them to the front of the group to lead the way.

"If you want to take a moment to sample Po-Koro's street life, don't hesitate to ask me where the best sights are, I've gotten to know this town very well"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Farzan (Po-Koro, Streets)

I took a moment to regard the tavern Marda gestured at, to try and get a feel for it.

Eventually, all I came up with was "nice roof!"

No, I was definitely not referencing the perfectly un-remarkable circumstances under which we were just introduced.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Marda laughed despite herself. She had to admit, the little Matoran had a certain sense of humor she enjoyed.

"As much as I'd love to pick a Matoran out of my ceiling, I think we have more important things to deal with." she said. "So, any ideas as to where we should head first? After supplies, of course." she asked.

OOC: Zenithex from Ta-Wahi.

IC: Zenithex - Blackrock (Ruins)

Rubble.

During the time amongst his brethren in the frigid landscape of Ko-Wahi, Zenithex had been brought up to speed concerning some of the Brotherhood's more recent activities while he was absent from their ranks. He had learned much about how they had fled to the shadowy recesses of the Darkmine after they were driven from their home, how that too had been stolen from them not too long ago by the worshippers of a false god, and how they had one again taken refuge inside the ruins of the fortress to continue their activities, even going so far as to begin repairs. Figuring that the Grand Master and the rest of the group would return there after they had been exiled from the village that they had helped claim, the mad Lesterin began his journey back to the place where he was reborn.

Or, upon setting his sights upon it for the first time since he had escaped, what was left of it, anyway.

May Ak'rei'an protect those who weren't fortunate enough to evade this destruction.

Facing the very real possibility that he was the last remaining individual to carry on the truth of the Archangel's legacy, he continued his way into the devastation, intent on discovering if there was anything worth salvaging buried amongst the wreckage.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC:

"Don't get any funny ideas, Farzan."

Marda laughed despite herself. She had to admit, the little Matoran had a certain sense of humor she enjoyed.

"As much as I'd love to pick a Matoran out of my ceiling, I think we have more important things to deal with." she said. "So, any ideas as to where we should head first? After supplies, of course." she asked.

IC: Farzan (Po-Koro, Streets)

"Well, if you think my ideas are funny, you're a little too late to stop me from getting them. It's kind of what my business success depends on" I could naught but reply honestly. Clealry the good Toa wasn't used to people who lacked a certain ounce of common sense.

"My workshop's right around this corner"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

• 3 weeks later...

OOC: Just deciding to handwave Stannis and Skorm's unended interaction...

IC: There was nothing left for Skorm here. He felt he had been here far too long, doing nothing. Stannis was heading to Ta-Koro; Skorm thought back to his brief time there. Going back to Ga-Koro wouldn't get anything accomplished. There was... far too much pain there. Ta-Koro was the first settlement I entered while infected. I might find answers for what to do with my life there. After all, it was better than staying here, or going to Ko-Koro.

Skorm collected his things from the hospital; as one of the nurses returned his cloak, torn and stained, he stared at it a moment. No. This is not me. The Ba-Toa burned it shortly after leaving the hospital. As he walked through the market on his way to leave the Koro walls, a tailor's stall caught his eye. Skorm had spent a few days working hard labor to think about his life. He still had some of those wages.

A while later, Skorm left Po-Koro, clad in a thick white cloak. It's hood was heavy and looped around his neck, held in place by a brass ring at his collar. A new look for a new grip on life.

OOC: Skorm to Ta-Wahi

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Farzan (Farzan's Workshop)

After having braved the streets of Po-Koro, we all tumbled into my workshop. That is to say, I more like jogged ahead to make it to the counter before they were past the door, a losing battle that was worth fighting anyway, service at all costs.

"Alright, then, what can I think up for you?" I asked, leaning over the counter with my head in my hands, beaming enticingly back at them.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

• 1 month later...

IC: Well, what another great day of Po-Koro! (Grabs Kolhii stick, Kane-Ra Tooth sword, satchel, and leaves his hut) What adventures await me today? Maybe I'll go into Le-Koro. Yup. That's what I'll do!

OCC: Cheesy, I know, but this is the beginning of my BZPRPG stay! Meet Poraku, my avatar. This post is open for replying-ness. And, for a little bit, I will be in Le-Koro.

Edited by ToaPoraku

Never use LEGO and Megabloks in the same build - Me.

IC: Syvra (Po-Wahi, Near The Remains of Blackrock)

With his business in Ko-Koro concluded, and left to his own devices yet again, Syvra made the journey back to Blackrock. If what he had been told was true, that the Brotherhood was banished from Ko-Koro after playing their part in it's seizure like the good pawns they were, then those members remaining would be wandering the island, trying to find some place to set up base. And the odds of them returning to Blackrock? High.

Syvra climbed atop the rocks that naturally hid Blackrock from prying eyes, and created a natural defensive wall of sorts. From the vantage point he surveyed the ruins, trying to spot any sign of movement. What he saw brought a smile to his face. A lone figure, cloaked from head to toe, slightly hunched, possibly toa or lesterin given height.

Seems we have a visitor Venixa. I wonder if those corpses we left are still usable.

I don't know, though it wouldn't hurt to try.

Indeed, though wait till we are closer. Don't need to fight right off the bat.

The Bo-toa began to descend from the rock, carefully sliding down the steep rock face. When he last walked this path he was weaker. But now he possessed a power that filled him with reckless gusto. And he doubted the scavenger would recognize him, as he wasn't in the brotherhood long enough to be well known, except by name alone.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Zenithex - Blackrock (Ruins)

Cursing silently as he continued to dig through the rubble, Zenithex was beginning to lose hope that he would actually find anything at all.

Previous spots had yielded little to nothing of use; a chunk of broken furniture here, some scattered pages of a history book there, and, more often than not, the charred remains of a corpse which he left mostly buried so that they wouldn't be exposed to the elements while he worked. Had the light chosen to keep indicating the general direction of his next intended victim instead of urging him to keep going like it was doing now, he would have given up long ago and sought out a shadier location to rest in for his upcoming travels rather than leaving himself to bake out in the unyielding sun. But as long as the Archangel's messenger continued to guide him, however, he knew that he was still on the path that Ak'rei'an had chosen for him.

Nothing favorable in this world was ever meant to come easy.

Eventually feeling his fingertips brush up against something metalic, he forced himself to move faster, wondering if he at last had discovered something of value. Hauling his find up and out of the hole he had made, he came to a rest for a brief moment before carefully examining it with eyes full of curiosity. The chest was almost entirely composed of metal and showed no apparent signs of damage besides the obvious scratches upon its surface, leading him to wonder if the contents inside had also survived the destruction that had surrounded him. Quickly brandishing his knife, he initially ignored the padlock hanging from its front, choosing instead to turn it around and focus on dislodging the pins holding the hinges together at the container's rear. After applying enough force at just the right angle, he was eventually able to pry open the lid and finally see for himself what was inside.

Sliding the weapon back inside his cloak and blowing away the dust, the Lesterin reached inside, only to pull out a pair of ancient-looking tomes a moment later. The cover of the first was adorned in symbols completely unfamiliar to him, and upon giving the pages themselves a cursory glance, it seemed that this extended to whatever had been previously written inside of it as well. The second was much more legible, presenting itself as a collection of journal entries recorded by some long-dead Brotherhood Priestess, detailing events that had occured throughout her life from a firsthand perspective. Just as he was about to toss them back inside without so much as a second thought, the light began circling them before weaving itself through their physical forms, which stopped him dead in his tracks.

That and the fact that his mask was alerting him to the presence of another being heading his way, that is.

His eyes narrowed for a moment as he let the Arthron do it's job, pinging steadily as whatever it was continued deeper into the Kanohi's area of effect. From the size of the disturbance, he could tell little else besides it being roughly the same size as himself, but considering that the same could be said of some Rahi, that didn't entirely narrow things down too much. On the off-chance that he wasn't the only sapient being in the canyon, however, he knew it would be best to maintain the element of surprise.

Being a hunter of men long before he was brought into the fold of Ak'rei'an's flock, he knew how to react when the tables had turned.

Sliding the books underneath his cloak as well, he pretended to continue scavenging amongst the rubble, secretly readying his weapons away from view as he prepared for whatever encounter would soon befall him.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Syvra (Po-Wahi, Near The Remains of Blackrock)

Syvra continued on his path into the ruins, eyes remaining on the crouched figure. The cloak the figure wore did it's job well, obsurcuring any indication of what the figure was doing, aside from the subtle movement of fabric as limbs moved.

It knows we are here.

How can you be certain? 

The fabric has stopped moving, indicating the being has likely stopped moving as well. Why else would they stop moving unless they are listening?

Fair enough analysis.

Despite his less than subtle entrance being detected, Syvra continued walking over the remains of his work, crushing the skull of a skakdi that had been picked clean by the Desert inhabitants. Both the Bo-Toa's hands rested near his waist, in a rather casual fashion

"Tell me stranger, are you a scavenger or a devout?" Syvra called out to the hunched over figure, standing a good 30 feet away from the them.

Good news, several of the bodies are still suitable for use.

Good good. I was worried when I saw the skull that the creatures of this land had been busy. Wait for my signal.

Understood.

Edited by Darkstalker Kaathe

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.