BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"Enough." Skyra could be endearing...a bit...not really...Skyra wasn't the worst thing on the planet. But sometimes... "You're in a restaurant. Try not to act like you're two."

Keep in mind she's a cop, guys. Just...let that percolate in the backs of your heads.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

I looked back at Cipher and mouthed something defensively.

"We're all on edge," I said assuredly. "It's been a crazy week. Just...play it cool. The train might just be for Sentinels. If it's not, great, but if it is...well. Might do best to save the antics for when we're actually in Po-Koro. Remember Po-Koro? And all the they put up with there? Half your friends worked for Po-Koro, they had to've seen some . Just keep a lid on it a while." I quieted for a second before adding, "And if you do, I'll buy you some more cake when we get there."

-Tyler 

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "Already there," Gyn muttered softly, fire at the base of his tongue as he turned his repeating crossbow toward the noise and set a cartridge in it. "Dalrin, watch my back; orders, Colonel?"

He directed the last few words to Leli.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Dorgath

Dorgath whirled around and aimed his spear at the source of the sound, quivering slightly as adrenaline surged through his body. Something was here. Something dark.

“What do we do?” he asked. They couldn’t keep standing there, waiting for something to attack them.

Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Mar (Forsi, Roasted Ruki)

[...]

"There's a scar there behind the ear that he likes getting scratched. It's a... souvenir from our line of work"

IC: [ Rhea / Nero ] - Forsi / 'Roasted Ruki' food stand

"Things happen," agreed Rhea quietly, and slid her fingers carefully through the wolf-Rahi's dense fur (amazingly soft and thick-- she wondered how it was possible he could take the desert heat) until she found the scar, and then scratched it thoroughly.

But her eyes had slid sharply away, and narrowed a little as she watched a new group of trail-dusted wayfarers ramble into the eatery and take seats at a table at the opposite end of the room. She didn't recognize any of them at first glance, but the leader-- the startlingly attractive young male Toa of Iron-- seemed a trifle familiar somehow. As if...

She hesitated, frowning a little as she crunched data in her mind.

As if she'd seen his face on a 'Wanted' poster once, years ago. Something like that.

The Axe remained quiet and unmoving, to all appearances unperturbed by anything or anyone, but his gaze was just a little bit more cautious now and his predator's instincts had kicked into high gear, humming warningly at the base of his skull. And he shifted his half-eaten fish skewer to his left hand, freeing his right for immediate action.

These new arrivals were dangerous. Not hostile... but dangerous. Very dangerous.

He assessed the situation in an instant, accepted it, awaited further developments.

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC: Elysi

"What I wouldn't give for tonnes of money," said Elysi amusedly, watching the interaction between her new boss and the dog. It was actually rather cute, really. Even if both participants in the petting ritual were possibly highly ruthless killers. "Now onto another topic ..."

Despite her relaxed posture and sense of bemusement, her new colleagues, if they were to look at her body in closer detail, would notice a sudden alertness and readiness to her, something which was more noticeable in the way her the sparkle in her eyes disappeared. She was pretty serious now. Like Rhea, the Toa of Lightning had also noticed the newcomers to her favourite Forsi food stand, but unlike her employer, she knew exactly who the leader of the ragtag group was (courtesy of spending a decent amount of her time hopping around Ta).

"It's a bit strange to see Mr. Shaddix so far out here," she continued, "he usually stays in Ta-koro."

The likelihood of anything breaking out was close to zero, she knew. After all, the guy was ... possibly reformed? Whatever, but she knew they'd mostly be fine. But best to be ready if anything did happen. Never could be too careful.

IC: Mar and Zelvin (Forsi, Roasted Ruki)

"Mhmm" I responded in a similarly nonchalant manner, following her gaze towards the new arrivals, studying each and every one in detail for a moment or two before I looked back at my meal again. If things got ugly, which the rowdy foursome certainly didn't fight expectations of, I felt safe in being able to hear them coming from quite literally a mile away.

"Shaddix, the name rings a few bells" Zelvin muttered. Mostly, the older bounty hunter felt content just sitting and watching, getting a sense of where her crewmates were standing and what purpose they filled. The quiet professional, the wild card, the odd one out, they were all here it seemed, neatly gathered and prepared for a world of fortune hunting and coasting on the edge of the law.

And at the moment, she was definitely going to sit and watch, very closely.

Edited by Rucks

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: "Never a day when someone doesn't recognize you, huh?" Cipher muttered to Dorian, languidly propping an elbow onto the table as the group waited for food to arrive. In contrast to the lax body language, attentive eyes scanned the room, meeting each of those looking their way in turn and probing for clues as to their intentions.

The atmosphere had gotten much more tense since they'd arrived, but...

"Don't think we'll need to worry. Nobody looks keen on pulling anything. Chalk it up to the man being famous." he reported, reminding himself that since this was not Ga-Koro, his intuition was likely to be a bit more trustworthy than before.

helo frens

"You were probably still on your hiatus when he was doing his thing," replied Elysi, leaning forwards. "Dorian Shaddix. Used to be in the assassination business. He was involved with the Xa for a while too. And rumours are flying around about how he was the one to off Vakama."

There were a lot of conflicting reports, so much that it was really a slog for the Lightning Toa to search through all the and find any legitimate claims. She'd concluded that Dorian was likely to have been involved, but otherwise, she wasn't too sure (though she had some ideas).

"They've noticed us, by the way."

IC:

"Spoken like a true cop," I muttered, squeezing the bridge of my nose softly. "Your badges are the last things we need if things get down to the wire."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "Only serves to make the situation even stranger. A Gukko Force Commander and a Ta-Koro guard causing a ruckus alongside the coolest, most interesting, and handsomest mercenary in the world and some thug named Dorian Shaddix? Scandal waiting to happen." Ciph agreed evenly, fooling around with one of the complimentary saltines before thinking better of eating it and tossing it back into the pile.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen
  • Upvote 1

helo frens

IC: "Love you too, buddy, but it's my time to shine. I've got the jacket now, the torch has been passed." he continued on, affecting an air of heartfelt honor and solemn resolve, placing a hand on the Toa of Iron's shoulder and staring straight into the baby blues that made a lesser man's heart melt many a time.

"Bruh--"

"I won't let you down, Dor. I promise. I'll sleep my way into situations as only the disciple of a master like you can."

"Bruh--"

"I'll do you proud."

He laughed as he got a stern headbutt in return. It was safe to say Dorian'd had it for one day.

• Upvote 1

helo frens

IC:

"I should have killed both of you in Ga-Koro and just come here with Flay."

"I'd have to take you in for that," Flay offered.

"I am not shooting my way out of a steakhouse," I repeated for emphasis. "Do you want to eat or not? One of you happen to have your 'totally a tenth of the size of Dor's blood money cache' fortune with you? Nah? Okay. Enough."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "Oh, you know you appreciate me." Cipher replied impishly as he returned to his chair from the floor, but he cut it out nonetheless. Dorian's temper was rising, and not even he was entirely sure he could get away with prodding one time too many.

He probably could pay for himself, though. He hadn't needed to check his funds lately, what with riding on the coattails of Dorian's most recent bounty. That also meant that he hadn't needed to pay much, either.

Either way, he did want to eat. Making Dorian turn-this-car-around-right-now-because-we-wouldn't-shut-up didn't help that very much. Steak was a rarity in desert travel, he'd have killed to be in this situation a year ago.

It had been a long week for even him, their resident "I do this all the time (because I'm always lost) so you'll live" guy.

Deserts, man. There's a reason sand and rough go hand in hand. Enough time out there will polish anyone to the bone.

helo frens

IC: [ Rhea ] - Forsi / 'Roasted Ruki' food stand

"Oh... right." said Rhea Heartsflame thoughtfully. "Shaddix. Dorian... Shaddix."

She turned back to her meal, and took a careful bite. It was good... very good. She savored it a moment. Her mind turned something over once, over twice, and then slapped it on the turntable and cranked the voltage. Wide open.

Oh gods . Sometimes I scare me.

And then she glanced back up, the white heat of the desert sun flashing in a blaze across the chrome highlights of her mask, and there was a devil's reckless humor in the slow half-smile she gave her teammates.

The green eyes glinted. Smoking brimstone laughed in their depths.

"That pretty boy brat who lost his grip on reality and threw a temper tantrum in Le-Koro awhile back. That Dorian Shaddix."

IC: Skuggy

"So how's your voice, kiddo?"

IC:

"Its okay..." Jarrun thought. In reality he didn't know what many songs... he remembered a time he sang, but it wasn't a happy time. "All I know are slave songs." Jarrun said now, his hand gripping the banister of the boat a bit hard. Thinking about singing brought back harsh memories of Jarrun's time as a slave to some sinister Skakdi masters.

IC: Syvra

"You may not have meant anything by it, but still negativity at this point in time won't do anyone any good. I personally hate Po-wahi, yet the sad truth is we are just going to have to deal with it till this is complete."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

OOC: So I'm told I'm delivering the Dor posts for a bit here.

IC:

It was Dorian Shaddix who smiled, first and brightest. He lifted both legs up over the second chair he reclined on and stood, fluidly, moving like a pendulum. His eyes looked over each team member at the table, sizing up the fighters, lingering over Zelvin and Nero...

And when he saw Rhea, he smiled again.

"Dor don't--"

"That Dorian Shaddix," he replied easily. "I heard he blew up a diner, after some stooge thought she had a read on him."

--------------------------------------------

IC: Pull that and I slap you myself, buddy. We just got finished talking about how we didn't need this.

He shifted himself slightly, turning a bit closer towards the edge of his seat for a quick response, should this get heated.

He could practically taste the ego coming off of her, so he probably needed it.

• Upvote 1

helo frens

Ah bloody- he heard and took offense.

If she knew her new boss (she probably didn't too well, she had to admit), the other woman might throw out an equally hotheaded comment in response and things would escalate and really Elysi just wanted a bloody fish steak. If everything well down the drain then it was just going to be like the time somebody blew up the bar she was drinking in. It wouldn't be boring, by all means, but this wasn't something she wanted to deal with in a fish stand. In a guard-controlled town.

And I have no idea if he's serious either. Joy.

Conflict was bad if there was no pay.

Edited by Purple God