BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Syvra

"530 widgets and that is final." A salesman said defiantly

Syvra rubbed his temples at this. He had never had an eye for bargaining when it came to finances. He turned and looked to Demos/Phantom

"You were a businessman at one time, perhaps you should handle this negotiation."

IC: Phantom

He thought for a moment, then approached the salesman, seeming to revert back to Demos, at least for the moment. "You see, sir, we've been sent by Onu-Koro's Ussalry. We're out to perform a surgical strike on a dangerous group of villains that live right here in the Po-Wahi deserts. To get there, we need mounts. This group has already attacked another Koro- my friend was there when it happened- and Po may very well be next on the list." He folded his arms. "If that isn't enough, I happen to own a small chain of libraries. When this is over, I could employ your Dikapi for deliveries between them for a higher fare each than 530 widgets. I guarantee it is in your best interest to accept." He was lying through his teeth, but deception had always been his specialty. He might some day come back, but he would need to work off the rest of his sentence first.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC:

"This is what a liver looks like?"

With a 'blugh,' I dropped it back down on the counter of the butcher's stand, while the Po-Matoran looked down at it in glassy-eyed disdain. The blood spilled out from his abdomen in globules, like a broken chocolate fountain that--

NAHHHHHHHHHHHH GUYS I'M IN WITH YA

"You've already manhandled it," he told me. "That's eight widgets."

"Can I use this for a prank? I have this friend who's always on me about being more responsible, but I promised her I'd tear your liver out. I wanna see how she flips out - 'cause, you know, we've got this whole vibe down pat, like, Yeah, you're hot, obviously, but I can't sleep with you because I'm a cop and you, like, kill people with cruel efficiency."

The butcher was totally unfazed that his death was potentially up to be faked - or faithfully re-enacted. "Still. Got eight widgets?"

I was about to say 'Sure!' but then an old-timey thought bubble blossomed inside my head: me waving a receipt for one Mahi liver in Flay's face while she lit her hand on fire and slapped me around like a and a half. 

The dilemmas.

"I'll give you eight, but you gotta keep the liver," I haggled. "And give me a row of sausages. I could use some sausages."

"Those are ten widgets."

"How is a liver worth less than sausages? Sausages don't keep my body rolling at 110% while I'm half a bottle of bourbon deep."

"These sausages came out of Le-Wahi. They're premium."

"You want to write 'em a love letter, or do you want to keep the widgets you've got?"

I used to think only Anthyn could take so much sausage for so little price. Color me wrong. (Dorian Shaddix - assassin part-time, killin'-em full time!)

Anyway, jokes I have to remind myself to repeat to Ciph later aside, I had shelled out about the last of the money I had left over from the Vakama hit last year by the time I was done rationing out for the entire group to come along, and I'd packed for Rhea's group for up to three days.

I wasn't about to pay for all their meals. Didn't like her that much.

When I was done filling up water skins, I laid out all the bags and canteens in an ornate little pile on the ground. Eighteen minutes.

There had to be something memorable I could do in eighteen minutes.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC:

lol

Guys, Rhea didn't actually slap herself or something. That was all internal, like. 'Real life', she just walked out into the street and sort of... looked around, I guess.

My writing is too deep and moody for comprehension, aye? Sacré bleu, I am indeed the insane author. :P

IC: [ Rhea ] - Forsi / Roasted Ruki

So I'm standing in the street, just standing. Arms folded tightly across my chest, hands clasped snug about my armored biceps, head bowed. Pulling it together.

I've never felt this way before. The fire's burning down just a little; somewhere through the haze, I know, there's a cold place in my mind. A quiet place. But I can't find it. I know it's there. I live there. But now I don't.

I've lost my way. This has never happened before.

Zelvin is saying something. She means well.

I do not think she understands. I don't think I do.

I hear my voice. I am vaguely startled; I listen closely. When I speak, I sound quite calm, and there's even a bit of humor.

"Zelvin, I need a drink."

Ridiculous. You don't drink.

The pain-- the pain-- but sharply now, brutally, I realize that it's not a pain from without. It's a pain from within. A maelstrom of anger and fear and desperation and loneliness-- oh ye gods, loneliness-- I suspect it's somewhere in my heart, but not my real living beating heart, if you know what I mean.

I take a breath. I force myself-- but it doesn't work.

I can't. I can't I can't I can't.

This is stupid. I've lost my grip. I never lose my grip.

never

ever

i reach down and rip my heart free and throw it

into a vault of iron and

slam

the

door and

hear

it

lock

*click-click-click*

Rhea Heartsflame let her breath out easy, and then she turned around and smiled happily at Zelvin and walked straight past the older bounty hunter and went inside.

She pulled out her chair and sat back down again. Everyone, of course, was staring.

Back in the quiet place, girl. Feels good, doesn't it?

She laughed at them all, because they looked so funny and she felt like laughing. And then she started counting out the money again, and as she worked, she said calmly, "Sorry about that, everyone. I've had a rough day. Too much adrenaline, too much... feeling. It won't happen again."

Casually, she signaled the barkeep for a whiskey. But just one.

Because she knew, and something in her had been put to rest. Permanently.

It won't happen again.

Edited by Shadowhawk
  • Upvote 2

IC: Zelvin and Mar (Roasted Ruki)

That turn-around.

That sudden dismissal.

Zelvin recognized herself in Rhea more than she'd ever care to admit in that moment, and she just delivered a simple nod and followed Rhea back inside.

I gave Rhea a last lingering glance before I returned to my meal-oh wait it was already finished.

I decided to busy myself, by myself, and turned my attention to Karv. The wolf had noted that something was wrong, but turned his head to me when I gestured at him.

I resigned to sitting there stroking the wolf.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Melna (Darkwalk, Civilian Group)

"I'm not smalltalking, you jerk, I'm trying to think of something against these monsters before they kill us all. Maybe drop that mopey attitude of yours for two seconds before you whine us to death?"

Melna hissed it at the top of her lungs, her free hand uncharacteristically clenched and her brow furrowed.

She knew she'd just insulted Lux straight to his face.

And she.

Didn't.

Care.

At all.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Seren had been silent for a while, watching and gauging his teammates and their reactions, his face unreadable. He took a drag off his ever present cigarette and smiled slightly. He could step in with the negotiation, but... Somehow he thought Phantom could handle it without any interference.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Seems about as stable as whatever poor merchant that's been de-livered to heaven (HA) by Dor 3 seconds ago.

I better check on that.

He began to move, throwing a glance Skyra's way that was punctuated with a curt "Fifteen."

Forsi wasn't too big a place, so he probably didn't have to worry that much about getting lost and thusly, late. Dor had a way of getting him where he needed to be anyway.

helo frens

IC:

"No, Skyra, I ain't interested in marryin' you!" I called out loudly, one hand cupped around my mouth. Cipher rolled up so fast that he blew dust through the air parallel to both of us.

"Let me guess. She took the cash - don't look at me like that, I grabbed the first bag I saw; here, your money back - instantly agreed to come, but she's going to make me wait the full thirty minutes to show up so she proves she doesn't need me for ." At Cipher's curt not, I laughed and put an unlit cigarette in my mouth.

"I like her." I flicked my cigarette up and grinned, leaning back and spinning a canteen by the leather strap around my non-Protosteel index finger. "Thinks she's hot and all. Reminds me of her when I was her age."

"If what you're saying is that you are her age and you are a dick, I think we all read loud and clear," Cipher said evenly.

I laughed again and yanked my finger away, leaving Ciph to catch the canteen like a disc.

-Tyler
  • Upvote 3

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: As the dust settled atop the flames parallel to the two, snuffing them out, Cipher slowly put away the halberd and falcata, hands streaking up in the nick of time to snatch the canteen out of the air a mere centimeter away from the bridge of his nose.

Crossing his eyes to get a good look, his face quirked, befuddled.

He looked up, greeted by a grin from Dor that was purely manic glee, and wide as the desert dunes.

"Enough to drown the first person who says 'sticker', my man." came the barely concealed amusement and explanation.

Synchronicity.

"I'm sorry I ever doubted you."

• Upvote 3

helo frens

IC:

"I've cleverly disguised it as 'three canteens for each party member,'" I explained, casually smoothing out one shoulder to fix the neckline of my shirt. "Enough to feed Team Dor for a week, plus enough to feed Team Rhea independently for about half of that. Rest is up to them. I snuck a few magazines for the sniper rifle past a Vortixx cutie and I'm good enough with the revolver to just craft as I go. Nothing for Skyra's hand cannon. I figure the sooner that powder runs dry, the better for all of us."

"Ain't Skyra's hand cannon I'm worried about."

"What, really? You think I'm gonna be that brazen? I hardly know her. Hey, Rhea, is there a boyfriend I need to defenestrate any time soon?"

"I want you to take a step back and I want you to meet Dorian Shaddix, who not only would ask that, but also would never be able to ask You think I'm gonna be that brazen? without grinning from ear to ear."

I tried to stop grinning from ear to ear.

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: [ Rhea / Nero ] - Forsi / Roasted Ruki

Mechanically, Rhea slid the last widget into place and leaned back, surveying her handiwork. Seven equal stacks, glistening in a stern grey semicircle before her on the tabletop.

Stern and grey and very, very dead.

Dead things were easier to deal with.

She took a steadying gulp of her whiskey, felt it burn its way down like liquid fire, and didn't cough or even blink. She reached out, scooped up her cut of the money, and dumped it without formalities into her belt pouch.

Wordlessly, the Axe did likewise.

IC:

"We must be rubbing off on eachother. You saw what she tried to pull on me back there?"

"What, you interested?"

"If I wanted to date you I might as well have been doing it already."

"Point. Still proud of you, though. There's hope yet."

"Thanks." he folded his arms.

helo frens

IC:

"I think I see Skyra hunting a butterfly back there. Might want to stop her before she makes herself look like an idiot in front of...everything."

"I think that bridge burned 300 years ago."

"Think she swims?"

"Spirits, I hope not."

We both sighed.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden
  • Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Skyra

Butterflies could wait, I skipped over towards Dorian and Cipher while they talked about whatever the flop. 

"Hey boys." The two of them seemed to be having one of those moments. So I just kind of stood there and watched them. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"I swear to God she wasn't like this. Like, you've seen me kill guys three times her pedigree. If she was like this, I could have trapped her in a net and told her she was gonna die in ten seconds, and she'd have willed herself to death in eight."

AHEM

"Hey, Sky."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

I could have said something snappy, but I just wasn't feeling it. Not after getting that letter.

"Nah, butterflies are evil." I said to lost boy.

"Dorian, you should know, that liver tastes really gross."

Edited by Skitty

"Sausage is good." It was never a bad thing to have sausage. 

I made a 'O' with my mouth as I remembered something important, I pulled out the compass sticker I'd been saving. 

"Here Cipher, this is for you." I stuck it on his forehead. :3

IC:

Cipher Chuckle######, everybody.

"You lucked out," I said. "I'm feeling serious today. No live--"

THWAP

Oh, boy.

This'll be swell.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden