BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

I feel an anguished cry deep in my bones. I feel something cold, dark, and unrepentantly malicious stab through my heart. I feel a great need to use somebody's head as a soccer ball.

Stay strong, brother. We can't get too wanted here yet.

Against every fiber of my being, I forced myself to continue following Flay.

• Upvote 1

helo frens

IC: Ronah

"...it was a joke."

IC: Stannis adjusted the Warua on his face, almost reluctant to touch the Antidermis-stained mask–

Then he felt it. The word, emblazoned on the part of the mask touching his forehead, suddenly becoming uncomfortably hot–was that his imagination? Burning into his skin, accusing him. Coward. He set his jaw, reaching his hand toward Skorm's mask, the power of Unity flowing in his fingers and echoing in his voice. "Absolution begins with the recognition of evil. It continues with the willingness to change. As Unity's voice, I speak. What is broken must be mended, what is wounded healed, as if it had never been. What is corrupted must be purified, purged of the slightest roots of the evil that has taken hold, so the soul can be free and whole once more. As Unity's voice I command you, be ABSOLVED."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: 

Reluctantly crouched

at the starting line

Engines

Pumping

and Thumping in time

As we walked, Flay occasionally asking around for information and me sending smug "try it" glances at anyone who looked at us funny, I prayed for my brother from another mother as devoutly as any holy man could in my stead.

helo frens

IC: Stannis adjusted the Warua on his face, almost reluctant to touch the Antidermis-stained mask–

Then he felt it. The word, emblazoned on the part of the mask touching his forehead, suddenly becoming uncomfortably hot–was that his imagination? Burning into his skin, accusing him. Coward. He set his jaw, reaching his hand toward Skorm's mask, the power of Unity flowing in his fingers and echoing in his voice. "Absolution begins with the recognition of evil. It continues with the willingness to change. As Unity's voice, I speak. What is broken must be mended, what is wounded healed, as if it had never been. What is corrupted must be purified, purged of the slightest roots of the evil that has taken hold, so the soul can be free and whole once more. As Unity's voice I command you, be ABSOLVED."

IC: As Stannis spoke, Skorm watched with a bemused look. The moment he finished, his torso was wracked with pain, as bones mended themselves, internal organs returned to their natural place, and blood regenerated. The Ba-Toa curled up, and fell off the hospital bed onto the stone floor. He breathed deeply, more than he had since his ill-fated trip into Mangaia. He felt... perfect. Well, a little sore in places. He staggered to his feet for the first time in... what, weeks?

"That Kanohi packs quite the punch. Karna, we should-"

Skorm noticed something on his hand, a glimmer. He turned his hand over; it was still there. The only window in the room was nowhere near him, what...? He looked at his other hand, more. He realized it was him. Light poured out from behind his mask.

"What... what's happ-"

Pangs struck through Skorm's core, and the brightness of the light intensified. It burned. He had to take off his Huna, it burned so much-

KILL

His entire body went numb, and he grabbed at the wall to hold himself up. With his other hand, he grabbed his Huna by the visor hole, and tore it off. Blinding light erupted from his unmasked face, and he began hacking. All the evil that had permeated his body was being concentrated-

NO

Skorm screamed as the light focused, and erupted from his eyes and mouth. He heaved, clutched his body, trying to hold himself together. He coughed, and then vomited up an ounce of liquid, bright green, foaming and hissing, onto the floor. It hissed and bubbled until it evaporated, the light from Skorm fading. The Ba-Toa's chest was heaving with breaths as he leaned his back against the wall. He clutched his mask, and looked at it. Still, black stains streaked down from where his eyes had been. His scars to bear. He remembered; his fighting, his killing, his hate. The Marines in Ga-Koro, drowned, crushed...

"Mata Nui," he whispered, "What have I done?"

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Jokaro

The Po-Matoran was starting to get antsy. Having a sphere of lukewarm water pressed against his back and his hands in cuffs certainly didn't help calm his nerves any.

He looked over his shoulders. There was a vendor selling imported juices along the street. Stepping away from where he was standing (leaving the sphere of water floating in midair - just hanging there rather strangely), he made his way over to the vendor. 

He fished out a couple widgets from his belt and awkwardly handed them to the vendor. He took one of the exotic drinks just as awkwardly, sipped it for a moment, and then nodded in appreciation.

Satisfied, he stepped back into position, submerging his backpack within the orb of water once again.

He took another sip of his drink.

Edited by Perp

OOC: Timeskip

IC: Johk

Some weeks later the Johk returned to Banar's house. His wounds had healed up and he thought it was time to loot the cave. Of course Gerox didn't know anything about this. Johk knew that if he told him, he wouldn't have approved his idea.

If he wanted to loot the cave he would need a team. Banar was the only person who might be interested, though he was planning on recruiting more people later. 

Johk knocked on Banar's door.

Edited by ToaTatonio

My BZPRPG Profiles

Johk - Gerox - Skebran - Samoh

The Asylum: Nakton - Kuraz - Empu

IC: Mar (Market)

Meanwhile...

...I was getting the sneaking suspicion that I might have chosen the wrong group of people to keep an eye on...

IC: Mihlra

"You okay there buddy?"

The question came from a trenchcoat-clad Vo-toa standing off to the side, absently flipping a knife around her fingers in a rather cliche show of boredom and disinterest.  Mihlra's magenta gaze flicked towards Mar, who was currently staring off into space.

In the middle of a market.

Right, because there weren't enough mentally unstable people on this island.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Getting better" I remarked as I turned around.

Karv inched forward, nose hard at work deciding whether or not the stranger was a threat or not.

She certainly looked dangerous enough, enough for me to make sure my hands were free before I continued the conversation, so to speak.

"And you are?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"...No one of importance," She stated guardedly, glancing at the kavinika inching closer.  After a pause, Mihlra caught the knife in hand, and reached out with the other to pet the lupine rahi.  She'd dealt with animals before, besides, this one seemed perfectly fine among the crowds.

"You sure?" She continued, more concerned with the fact that it had looked like the De-toa was gonna snap just moments before.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Yes! I was merely doing something that's not for public consumption, and I didn't expect to get sneaked up on, usually I'm the one who does that"

Karv, meanwhile, seemed to accept the stranger readily, those purrs didn't lie

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

The Po-Matoran was starting to get antsy. Having a sphere of lukewarm water pressed against his back and his hands in cuffs certainly didn't help calm his nerves any.

He looked over his shoulders. There was a vendor selling imported juices along the street. Stepping away from where he was standing (leaving the sphere of water floating in midair - just hanging there rather strangely), he made his way over to the vendor. 

He fished out a couple widgets from his belt and awkwardly handed them to the vendor. He took one of the exotic drinks just as awkwardly, sipped it for a moment, and then nodded in appreciation.

Satisfied, he stepped back into position, submerging his backpack within the orb of water once again.

IC: Jokaro's rather odd behavior had caught the attention of another Sentinel. As the inventor settled himself back into the ball of water the voice of a Matoran called out to him.

"Hey, whats with the handcuffs?"

Nearby stood a rather generic looking Po-Matoran. If the standard issue Sentinel weapony strapped to his side and back did not clue anyone into what his job was, the badge attatched to his armor would certainly clear up any doubts.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Sentinel

IC: With a shrug, the Matoran called over to Ronah.

"Hey, I'm taking your prisoner. No point in making them stand here in the sun all day."

With a 'follow me' gesture to Jokaro the Sentinel began moving off to the Headquarters.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"Thank you kindly."

He stepped out of the orb of water, which still hung in midair, quickly following the Sentinel.

"You guys are pretty lax, aren't you? Leaving your prisoners in the middle of the road to go talk to people about flying insects, having prisoners follow behind you instead of in front... It's a bit unorthodox, eh?"

Sentinel

IC: "I'm a pretty good judge of character. I figure you probably got those cuffs for doing something stupid, like a prank that was a bit too big. As for Ronah, I'm not sure why she did that. Endangered insect or not, just leaving you standing like that is hardly a nice thing to do. Whatever the case, I can hardly deny that our Guard is a bit different from a lot of the others. Most of the Home Guard is made up of the remnants of the old Po-koro Guard. Most of the have developed...quirks over the years."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"I detonated a canister of self-brewed lachrymatory agent within an occupied public culinary establishment so as to ascertain the result of my hypothesis, of which being whether or not said lachrymatory agent would be effective in manners, of erm..."

He jerked his chin towards some of the rebellion's propaganda posters.

"...population control. Needless to say, the experiment was a great success."

"So yeah, 'a prank that was a bit too big.'"

Edited by Perp

Sentinel

IC: That statement got the inventor an odd look.

"You detonated a tear smoke grenade inside a bar? Eesh man. I've heard of whacky inventors but that is just out there crazy. You should be glad you have handcuffs on right now or you might be in some alley beaten half to death by an angry drunk. What was wrong with a flock of Mahi?"

The Sentinel Headquarters could be seen up ahead.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"I think any of them were too busy coughing and running as far away as possible to notice me and subsequently administer a beating or two.

"And, as for the Mahi... well, they're not exactly what you'd be throwing these grenades at, right? Well... unless you do that sort of thing for fun...?"

IC:

What looked like a mentally held-back butterfly flew in front of us. My eyes traced the little thing as it flew forwards in a zig zag, promptly decide to attempt a loopty-loop and, as it reached the apex of it's rotation, caught by the forces of gravity and smack straight down.

I guess it's the sun. I'm sure no cruel person smacked it or anything.

As we walked, I wondered if Dorian and Skyra were having better luck than us in finding people. Knowing the dynamic duo, though, they're probably in the middle of fulfilling the prior requirement of 'scaring like ten people away' before they'd be able to continue to their next objective of 'speaking to the weirdo's in town'. And as for us, well... we've gotten to the point where we've started daydreaming about Dorian and Skyra.

Did that come out wrong...

?

Aaaaand I'm thinking to myself. And still doing it.

Stop it.

For no apparent reason to the outside world, I suddenly shook my head as though my neck was a spring that somebody'd whacked. Before Ciph could ask what the heck was going on - or just accept to himself that I was mentally disgruntled like everybody else in the group - I struck first with a question:

"So, uh, Ciph. Before Dorian came and picked you up, what exactly were you doing? Back in Ga."

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Sentienl

IC: "Never underestimate the lengths people will go to if you interupt their drink, especially out here in the desert. As for the husi well, their eyes are close enough to ours for you to check if the smoke works. As long as there are no permanent aftereffects I'm sur eyou could at least borrow one for a few minutes. And no, we don't harrase animals for the fun of it."

Just then they arrived at the Sentinel HQ, Jokaro's companion leading him down several hallways untill they reached a room that was just a tad too smal to be called medium. In the center of the room was a table with a chair on either side. Unlocking the inventor's hancuffs, the Sentinel gestured for him to take a seat as the Matoran headed for the opposite chair.

"I know you gave me a vague idea of what happened on the way over here, but I'm going to have to ask you to do it again and in a bit more detail. After that punishment is decided. Worst case scenario, you spend a week in a cell, nothing too bad for something this minor."

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

He took a seat and took another sip of juice.

"Well, it's pretty straightforward - I walked into a diner, bought some alcohol and hot peppers, brewed up some, er, 'hot sauce...' Then I constructed a canister grenade out of scraps and some other parts, also bought. Made a couple more of them. Finally, I decided to test the device by setting it off within the diner. Doing so, I ran out, and then... poof."

He gesticulated an explosion with his bound hands the best he could.

"I walked out rather calmly. They ran out coughing and crying something awful. Pretty much immediately after is where the other Sentinel apprehended me."

The dripping of water from his backpack jogged his memory.

"Oh, I should remind you - the other two of the device I made are in my backpack here. They're pretty soaked, and I doubt they'd spontaneously activate, but the other Sentinel should've taken my pack off me before, y'know, cuffing me.

"Now, I don't have any money, so I doubt I'll be able to pay a fine. If it's worth anything, I'd like to sell my blueprints for this device to you, the Sentinels. I'm sure you'd find uses for it. Speaking of blueprints, I might need to redraw the ones I made for the gas grenade and, er, all the other blueprints for other devices I've made, seeing as the other Sentinel's... containment method..."

He indicated his soggy backpack with a jerk of his chin.

"...pretty much destroyed them."

He sipped his juice again.

"Mmm, this really is wonderful stuff. Care for a taste?"

Sentinel

IC: "Sorry, official policy. 'No accepting gifts from people while in interogation, etcetera etcetera.' "

With a contemplative sigh, the Sentinel leaned back in his chair. It was certainly a minor crime, nobody had been hurt and the smoke was probably already clearing out of the building. The lack of funds meant that any fines were out the window.

Leaning forward again, the Matoran rested his forearms on the table and clasped his hands.

"Here is what is going to happen. Since you can't pay you are going to be spending some time in a cell. Due to the crime being so small you should only be there for the rest of today and tonight. While you are in there I will forward your offer to the Engineering Department, they are the guys who deal with this kind of stuff. The guy running it just showed back up in town today so I doubt you will be waiting for very long."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"Right, ooof course."

It was difficulty to tell whether or not she was being sarcastic, or simply bored.  Other than her tone, she gave no other indication.  She directed her gaze down at the rahi, continuing to pet it with a slightly trepidatious hand, and raised an eyebrow.

"How in the blazes did you managed to her him... her... so docile?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Time for a timeskip.

Lenat- Po-koro

IC: It turned out that One of the first things that Lenat had to do was, in fact, quite some distance from his office. It seemed that there was a new inventor in town, one that had made his debut by gassing a diner and spending the night in a cell for his troubles. The inventor (who's name was Jokaro according to the report sitting in Lenat's leather pouch) had sent a sell offer through the Sentinel who brought him in.

This had all been the day before and Jokaro was due to be released any time now. Lenat had come to pick him up from the prison hae had spent the night in. No sense making Jokaro come to him when they could save time and conduct business while walking now was there?

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

The Po-Matoran sat in his cell (which he had to admit was quite comfy), scribbling away at some sheets of paper with his ink pencil, attempting to re-draw his blueprints. He'd just finished drawing up a concept for his latest idea when he heard sounds of someone approaching through the adjoined hall.

Time to leave, I guess.

Lenat- Po-koro

IC: Lenat rounded the corner to find the person he was looking for sitting down with what looked like a set of blueprints and a pen. A smile fought to spread across the Votrixx's face. Only a true inventor would be spending his jail time putting ideas down on paper.

The guard escorting him unlocked the cell and Lenat stepped inside, taking a minute to look at the being in front of him before speaking.

"I've been told you had something you wanted to sell my department. I figured it would save both of us time if I came to pick you up instead of waiting untill you came to my office."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Flay seemed worried. Distracted.

Confused, even. 

I don't blame her. Given that our "team" is split up to leave Dor and Skyra to their own devices...

Well, that'd be enough to set anyone... on edge, yeah.

We don't need no word calendar here, no sir-ee.

Folding my arms and sending a quick glance a bypasser's way, I answered.

"Basically sitting around and waiting for him to show up. It was kind of nice. A little time off from the constant touring of the island as a whole. Instead I just stuck to one city, got to try out some things I'd wondered about."

Figuring this'd help take her mind off of one pair best left unspoken, I pressed on.

"What about you? If you don't mind my saying it, you seem much more like an actual cop than Skyra. How'd someone like you get roped into Dorian Shaddix's Wild Ride, again?"

helo frens