BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Oceanna Gallywix

Oceanna started playing a little ditty on her guitar when she remembered something important. Hold on a sec, I can fly!

She flew up and into the air, just like that. It was easy to forget you had the ability to fly when you lived underground, she'd never actually flown this high before. She was a good 100 meters above the others. 

"Wow you guys are tiny from up here." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Stronin

"Thinking back on it, I'm not really that sure anymore," he replied with a helpless shrug. "I just did it. Maybe it was for fun. Maybe I wanted a purpose in life. I think I had a dream of doing ... something with all the things I stole, but otherwise, I really just don't know."

It irked him. Not knowing, that is. A decent portion of his life had been spent as a thief, and for what reason?

IC: Peho - Po-Wahi

Ooooooh, another flying person!

This, like most things, greatly excited Peho Eniblad; and without a moment's hesitation, he was soaring up into the air, coming to a halt a few feet away from Guitar Girl.

"Wow," he said, peering down at the rest of the Rahkshi Hunters, "I guess they do look pretty tiny."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Vuth Tantonia

"I know the feeling." Vuth said quietly. Vuth was...is a mercenary. He shook off the gloom from their conversation and looked up at the Village of Stone, with their few apartments, many huts, and of course, taverns, pubs, and bars. "Where did you say your hut was at?" 

IC: Stronin

"Hm, it's over right ..."

Huh, he had mail.

His hut was a simple-looking one, situated comfortably between a food stand and a museum. It was actually a pretty nice place, though at times he did have to deal with some noise.

"But yeah this is it," he continued, swallowing the surprise of seeing that people had actually sent mail to his home instead of to Soli's place.

"I thought you did. The heat is probably getting to me." He shrugged. He turned and looked at the Toa of Iron. "Do you know if the Ta-Koro Guard is hiring? Or recruiting, however it works? I'm getting a little bored of staying our in Po-Wahi."

OOC: Recommended listening.

IC: Keyanu

Standing, on the edge, of the crater.

The boat slowly trundled forward on the clear sea, the salty air rusting away at the metal plates of the bow, the driver's hat on forward as he smoothly made his way towards land. A simple job, as it required little skill, and the matoran seemed happy to be travelling to far places, despite not being able to swim. The job this time was a small one, a simple transport for a person looking for a new land, or that's what they said.

Like the prophets once said.

And the ashes,

The passenger tilted their hat and smoother their cloak down, as the warm land came into view, with a small port, now in a dis-repair from little usage. The passenger shuddered, despite the warmness of the land swelling onward into the sea air.

Are all cold now.

No more bullets,

The passenger had secretly carried illegal items aboard - duel colts, a small weapon, but a weapon that isn't allowed from island to island. However, the captain seemed rushed, and bored, so didn't search them fully. They brushed them, their fingers running down the indents between the chambers, the different heights of the circular mechanisms, the smooth long barrel. They brushed the cloak back over them in order to not draw much attention to them.

and the embers are dead.

Whispers, in the aiiir,

The captain looked at his strange passenger coolly, wondering why they had gone from that lush island, to their island of shame, and hatred, and pain, and suffering, and darkness. He wondered about their past, their motives, their ideas, thoughts, life.

tell the tales, of the brother's gone.

Desolation, de-evistaion,

The passenger sighed. The land was indeed, not like their own, however, they had made a deal, the die had been cast, the move made, there was no turning back from this one unlucky roll that made the passenger gently caress the goblin's back.

The goblin felt uncomfortable.

what a mess we made, when it all went wrong.

Watching, from the edge, of the circus,

The land came much closer now as they neared the port, looking now much more unforgiving, the sand swirling the dust up and then placing it back down. There was a small shop near the port, and a long, winding road leading off into the horizon, seeming to strain on forever.

waiting for the games to begin.

Gladiators, draw their swords.

"We're coming into port now. We hope that you have enjoyed your stay with us." Rang the static message on the olden speakers that were in a terrible state. The captain could have simply said it to his lone passenger (and his only in the month), however, when it "boomed" off the speakers, it made him feel more empowered in his shanty shack of a boat. The boat slowed down and drew up to the port, the matoran jumping off slightly ahead and attaching the rope to the bar to keep the boat stable for the passengers. A small notch in the side fell down onto the wooden board to form a ramp for the passengers. His only passenger walked off and stood on the edge of the port, the sand swirling down by their feet. Slowly, and cautiously, they took a step forward, knowing that now with this step they truly could not return to whence where they came.

Form their ranks, for Armageddon.

I'M NUCLEA-AR!

From that step, they took another, onto the winding dirt track that led into the unknown, continuing past the empty rock shop that had now been shut for a time.

I'M WIIILD!

I'M BRANCHING UP, INSI-IDE!

She continued onward, not daring to look back, walking ever forward in a trance, her legs walking of their own accord while she herself regretted everything.

A HEART OF BROKEN GLASS,

DEFI-ILED!

She regretted everything, but her mind was set, her heart drawn back, but her legs drawn forward by the new allure of the new and unkown.

DEEP INSIDE, THE ABANDONED, CHI-ILD!

4:18

The stranger passed into the foggy and swirling horizon, getting smaller and fuzzier until they were gone fully. He did not think much, the captain, but as he rested on what was once a not-so-prosperous shop, he thought about what that person was thinking going into the abyss that is the new island of Mata-Nui.

And then it hit him.

They didn't pay him.

OOC: Keyanu open for interaction from tomorrow.

Edited by Tea-rex
  • Upvote 1

"Yeah." he said quietly. He had forgotten about the Koro of Ice. And as selfish as it was, he was just happy Le-Wahi wasn't the area that fell to shadow. Let all the others fall, but the land of Air.

"Do you have what you need? I'm kinda itching to meet your boss."

IC:Vuth Tantonia

Vuth nodded. "What they need to do is expand the railway. Right now it's just between the Koro and the docks, but if they placed in the subterranean tunnels around the island, we could get any where! Fast! We could name it...uh...a sub-way!"

IC: Savfina

She glanced down at her readouts, frowning slightly, before opening the cockpit of the Exo-Matoran.

"This suit is running low on power. I'd hoped to power it up with Ta-Koro's generators, but..."

She thought for a moment about Ilyin's comment on the Technology Expo.

"The Expo, you say? Hmm... perhaps they have some sort of, I don't know - portable generator? Otherwise, Blackheart here is little more than dead weight."

- - - - - - - - - -

IC: Jokaro

The Matoran rounded a street corner, Farzan's Workshop once again coming into view, but still looking dead, cold and empty as it had been hours ago.

IC: Volin

"Whoa, easy there big guy, it's just a jo- actually hold up, how the ##### did you hear me from all the way up there? You some professional eavesdropper or something?"

Volin narrowed his eyes accusingly at Peho, before looking at Oceanna.

"No hubbub. Peho thought we'd ditch you guys up there so he started crying." he said. "But we need to head to the tech expo to keep Savfina's suit from becoming unpowered armour. Apparently it's not too far from here."

Edited by TX Wade

OOC: huge thank-you to emissary for his part in the jam, he did some real cool stuff and it was fun

IC: (Po-Wahi, Motara Desert)

Sand.

There wasn't much more to the desert, an empty wasteland that stretched out as far as the Toa of Lightning who stumbled through it could see. She'd been walking for a long time now; her legs were growing weak, her eyes hazy. She wasn't planning on stopping, not until her legs caved in beneath her and she was forced to suffocate or burn, forgotten by the world under Po-Wahi's unforgiving sun.

Or so she told herself. The reality, as she well knew, was that she would give up. She would head back, or find a town, something would shake her resolve and pull her back into her life, the same spiral downwards that she fell into every other time, when she encountered Dorian or the Daedra or whatever new ###### was waiting for her next. But for just the moment, she was free. She had no ties or commitments; she had no friends. Everyone she'd known, everyone who cared, she'd left behind.

And for just that moment, Nikarra questioned if freedom was worth the price of being alone.

- - -

Le-Koro, Two Days Earlier

Sunlight filtered through the dusty window, dimmed by the thin layer of grime that covered it, falling almost half-heartedly on the room's contents. It seemed to be bare essentials only; a bed, a chest of drawers, a door that led into a cramped bathroom. It wasn't designed for a long stay, or a high price.
Nikarra spared a glance behind her at the other Toa who lay in the bed, half-covered by the quilt which had been moved lightly aside as she had gotten out herself, her few material possessions in hand. She shook her head slightly, and moved forward to turn the door handle.

"Leaving so soon?"

My voice, usually nothing more than a susurration, seemed abominably loud in the silence of morning. The sound of rustling fabric was singular and haunting as I propped myself up on one elbow to regard Sloth's departure. My voice was touched with wit, false surprise, and, alarmingly ... uncertainty.

I was not usually in the position of being left the morning after. Usually, I was in the position of leaving.

Nikarra froze. ######.
She spoke without turning around, keeping her voice as steady as possible. "I'm not the kind of girl who hangs around."

The lie stung her throat, but she hoped that Pride wouldn't know her well enough to realise that it was untrue. Frankly, she had never been in the position of leaving before -- although there'd been more than one night where she'd woken up without Dorian.

My expression did not flicker from that of a wry, smirking visage.

My mind, though, it was not as easy to describe.

Perhaps it had been her belief that the trees could regrow from the ravages of the beetles; perhaps somewhere in that plea for an ideal future I had been tricked into thinking that Sloth was ... was ... well, I don't know what I thought Sloth was. Someone alternate to myself. Someone more foolish, more naive, more ... not better than me but ... but ... 

Perhaps ... better than me....

But it doesn't matter what I thought that Sloth was. I see now that she is more akin to me than I had previously suspected. I suppose that is a good thing. 

Yes, I suppose....

"Well," I say. "I suppose that this is where out paths diverge, then."

Something stirred in Nikarra in response to Pride's words, the usually stoic Daedra's tone laced with what almost seemed to be the slightest undercurrent of emotion. She turned around to look at Pride, who gave away nothing in her expression. Nikarra couldn't quite manage that; she tried to look nonchalant, but it was clear enough that she was forcing it.
"Maybe," she said, taking some relief in the steadiness that her voice still conveyed.

A ripple of uncertainty in Sloth's countenance?

Perhaps.

But I do not pry. It is not that I do not want to risk disappointment. Life is too short to dwell on every possible path which it can hold. My fellow has made her choice; it is up to both of us to bear its consequences.

"Until we meet again, then, my dear Sloth," I say, a charming nonchalance in my voice that I have worked long and hard to perfect.

"It's Nikarra," the Toa of Lightning replied, offering up a small smile. She hoped that the statement of her original name would provide some insight for Pride -- she found herself caring surprisingly much for her now ex-comrade, and wanted her to at least know that she was leaving the Daedra far more than Pride herself. "And I look forward to it."

And so, the brief era of the Daedra is wiped away. Greed, Gluttony, Lust, Envy, Wrath ... forgotten. The title of Sloth shed like an old coat.

Only Pride remains.

Pride is all that is left.

"Vyartha," I say. 

Pride is lost to Nikarra. 

I do not know how I feel about that, but that is the truth, and so that is what I shall report.

- - -

Nikarra had left the Daedra, she'd left Sloth. That was rock bottom. There should have been nowhere left to go but up, but she was still lost, and alone. And broken.
She was strong, or she could be. She just needed something, a sign that she'd made the right choice, that it was wrong to give in to the guilt she could already feel welling for Vyartha and the pull to go back to where she was before she met Dorian in Ta-Koro, starving and drinking herself to death and waiting until she was just another body on the sidewalk in the middle of the night, left to rot. Everything could heal, but she needed something more. Everything could heal, but when the damage was deep enough, it was too much to do that alone.

Please...

She closed her eyes, feeling the pressure behind them as tears tried to force themselves out in spite of her dehydration, the pressure on her chest as each breath became harder to take, until she heard the most almighty crack echo across the desert like divine thunder as something solid soared into the sky and fell in the distance ahead of her.
She'd found her sign.

- - -

"Vyartha," Nikarra echoed quietly, the words passing her lips with an odd affection. She knew the symbolic significance; a one-word answer, already very unusual to her companion, but a sacrifice of her title as much as Nikarra's was of hers. She was silent for a moment, words and sentences playing through her mind, possible replies. "You can heal, too. What I said before... everything can heal. You seem like someone who's given up, like the damage was too much for you, but it can get better. I hope... I hope that when I meet you again, I'll see a little bit more of that in you. I think you can be great, Vy."

"I already am great," is my only response, and though I am assured of this statement, my voice betrays me in its hollowed-out sound. Quietly, slowly, I add, "Nikarra."

"You know what I mean," Nikarra whispered, her smile gentle but her bright green eyes betraying far more sadness than it gave away. "Don't let your pride get the better of you."

With that she turned back to the door and left in silence, walking out first from the room and then from the inn without looking back for a second. Everything can heal.

What if it already has?

OOC: glad to be back

• Upvote 4

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: "Ciph. Hey, Ciph. Ciiiiiiiph."

Oh my god it's like we didn't trade Skyra for her

"What is it, Fulminea?"

I heard the snicker and felt the chutzpah radiating from what undoubtedly could only be her grinning face behind me.

"We just went that way."

"Dor, I'm punching our new recruit."

"You'll have to find me first, you know."

"Dor, I was wrong. I'm throwing our new recruit off the first ledge I see."

"Play nice, kids."

If nothing else, I've gotta commend her for completely killing the tension as soon as it showed any signs of appearing consistently.

Thing was, why use me as a vessel? Don't I have enough issues without some kid mouthing off every few seconds?

Spinning on my heel, I wearily trudged after the Vo and Fe Toa through the temple.

"Not like you can blame me. I'm pretty sure we've been through this exact part before."

"The ancients weren't very creative, were they?" she mused.

"I guess if it ain't broke..." I offered, trying to dig up a line of reasoning.

"Is it really not broke if we can't tell where we have and haven't been?"

I take it back. Skyra wasn't this much of a smart###.

Edited by Tsumugu Kinagise
  • Upvote 1

helo frens

IC: Volin

IC: Peho - Po-Wahi

Peho was not gonna cry he was not gonna cry he was not gonna cry!

"I've heard of the tech expo," the massive Toa shouted, landing on the ground and marching steadily into the desert and away from stupid Volin. "can lead the way there, guys! Let's go find this generator!"

-Void

• Upvote 1

[ BZPRPG ]