BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:Derius

Seemingly having forgotten the Vortixx following in his trail, the over-active Su-Toa swerved from side to side, dodging people, wagons and the Ussals that pulled them. "Biggest building next to Sentinel HQ. Righto." He mumbled to himself, hand wrapping around the paper in his pocket to ensure he still had it. As he briskly paced along, his eyes scanned then buildings.

Nope...nada...nil...

There. Derius took a sharp turn and approached a building. Yep. Pretty clearly the Engineering Department. He approached the guards with a warm smile(one which rarely left Derius' face for long) and showed them the paper, and, unsurprisingly, they let him in.

IC: Elkau - Po-Koro, engineering department

He did as the toa did and showed his paper with the bad hand-writing, they too let him in.

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

IC: Kadon - Somewhere in Po-Wahi

Oh, boy. Here we go.

The stranger had flung himself out of the way of Drome before the lump had reached him, which was probably a good thing. Maybe there could still be a peaceful solution.

Oh, wait, that's right. Drome was involved. Of course there wasn't going to be a peaceful resolution to all of this. Still, I figured, trying to communicate with the guy that we just wanted water was worth a shot. Unfortunately, in the heat of the moment, I didn't really put it very well.

"Hand it over and nobody gets hurt!'

Edited by Cadias

IC (Ulkar):

Bright.

A man squinted his eyes as he walked through the desert, trying to see the area around him and not see it at the same time. Light coming into his eyes from the sun was far too bright and it hurt. Light bouncing off the sand and into his eyes was far too bright and it hurt. He wanted to close his eyes so that he didn't have to deal with the light. But he was travelling, so he needed to see. So he squinted, and sighed, because he had no proper solution to his problem.

It was hot as well. Blisteringly hot. The cloak he wore - even open as it was - likely did nothing to help that, and instead made it worse. As did his armour. But he didn't have anything to do with armour or cloak but wear them, and so he did. And so, squinting and uncomfortable, he continued his stride through the desert, his footsteps carrying him on to whichever destination he had picked for himself.

It didn't take long, however, before his destination changed. Coming over the crest of a dune he snapped his head to the side, his eyes closed as he listened carefully. Among the howling of the wind he could hear something else...voices, movement, and far from any village. Seconds later the rest of his body followed the turn of his head and he strode off in a new direction, branched off from the previous, his path in life as mutable as the features of the desert.

Standing atop another dune mere minutes later he found the source of the earlier sound, three gentlemen out amongst the sands, two of whom were currently attacking the last of their small party. Whether or not they had been travelling together for a long time or if they had merely met by circumstance, or any combination of events and levels of knowledge each had of each other, mattered little. The mere curiosity of their being there was enough to incite an urge to learn more within the cloaked man.

He strode forth again, coming to a distance that could be considered dangerously too close in the event of any sort of altercation, maybe ten paces away from the group he was observing. And he watched them intently, uncaring of whether or not they would attempt to speak with him at any point. For now, he focused merely on the interesting group and action he had discovered.

OOC: Cadias, Requiem, Vrf3...hai.

Edited by Grochi of Potoos

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Drome

I hated sand so much. So so much. Was it possible to hate sand more than twice as much as anything else? If so, that was half as much as I hated sand. If I had to choose a face to represent sand, I would choose Kadon's. That is how much I hate sand. As I struggled up the dune, I realized that I wasn't charging anywhere near fast enough to actually get my charging attack in on the water-bearer's face.

I mean, I wasn't going to hurt him, just demand that he give over his water, and if he refused and i couldn't manage to take it, just knock him out and take it. Karz, I'd even be nice enough to carry him over my shoulder until we found the village if he had enough water on him. I wasn't some sort of evil monster or anything. I saw the guy evade and roll and realized that he had probably misjudged my ability to charge up sand just as much as I had.

Now we both looked stupid. Stupid karzing sand.

And then Kadon just had to get himself involved with his shouting. He just didn't know when to keep his mouth shut and let me handle a situation. He was just going to make things worse! I mean, it sounded like he was threatening them!

When I finally reached the top of the dune, I came across one more reason to hate sand. It doesn't just make climbing hard, it's hand to walk on steadily too, especially on a dune. My footing gave way beneath me and I started sliding sideways, desperately struggling to keep my balance as I tumbled off towards someone else who had just shown up at the scene like a wingless gukko. KARZING SAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

OOC: Hi Grochi!

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Savfina

Ten minutes later, the engineers had already finished attaching the generator long ago, but were still poring over the mech. Eventually, the Turaga had to try to shoo them away like clingy animals.

In some cases, she found herself literally having to peel some of the overly-obsessed ones off the machine.

When they'd finally left her and the Blackheart in peace, Savfina flicked the switch on the generator and heard it thrumm into life.

Suiting up, the mech, with power flowing through it once again, was loaded onto one of the flatbed cars of the train, and the Turaga took to the car where the others 'Rahkshi Hunters' had assembled.

"Ready to go," she quipped exhaustedly.

IC (Ulkar):

The tall, gaunt man raised one eyebrow in curiosity as one of the Toa started stumbling/rolling in his direction. A moment's worth of thought showed that this unsurely-footed Toa would collide with him; therefore, after a moment, he quickly levitated in the air, allowing the rolling man to go along underneath him before he touched back down to Earth.

"Poor boy can't stand up," he astutely observed, watching Drome continue along.

profiles i guess

OOC: Grochi!! It's been too long. =)

IC: Kadon - Somewhere in Po-Wahi

If I had realized that the desert was so full of people, I wouldn't have had my meltdown about dying a premature death earlier. Not that I was upset, of course; after all, the two newcomers were by far my best chance to get out of this Mata-Nui-forsaken desert. Drome certainly wasn't going to be any help, anyway.

Still, I was confused. All of a sudden, some new new guy -newest guy?- had shown up, Drome had taken a tumble down a dune, and the newest guy had effortlessly quipped about it. I think. It could have been an observation, I guess. Regardless, he had said something witty about Drome's latest comical mistake, and I wasn't sure if I should like him or feel like my position in the world was being threatened. As for old new guy, the first one we had come across, he was still entirely a mystery to me.

"Alright," I said, addressing the two strangers, "before we start any major fights, who are you two? And more importantly, do either of you have water? Because I am dying."

Edited by Cadias

Finally managing to get a good footing on the sand world of endless sliding, I carefully because walking over towards the levitating guy, a bit of a frown on my face. Okay, more than a bit. What's the level of frown on an angry kane-ra? About that.

"DOES MY SUFFERING THROUGH THIS KARZING SAND AMUSE YOU!? DO YOU THINK MY MISERY IS AMUSING!?" Laughing at other people's misfortune and making cracks about it right in front of them. That's something that Kadon usually. Only he managed it in a calm tone without all of the obnoxious that filled Kadon's every word. I was going to call him Dry Kadon

Oh right, normal Kadon was pretty dry right now too. I should probably help get the water since he would just mess it up if I left it to him. Wait, had Kadon just made sense for a whole sentence? Wow.

"What he said."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC - Ulkar:

"Amuse me? No, not particularly. Just a little interesting is all." The man turned to see what Kadron yelled, then, and looked back at Drome. His face was as impassive as before, though the tone of his voice with his next words might reveal a very small amount of incredulous disapproval.

"Before I answer that, may I ask why you were so unprepared as to trek the desert without water enough to see your trip through to the end?"

profiles i guess

"With that, you're implying that we didn't."
I retorted with a frown. We should have had enough for the journey, if it wasn't for that meddling thing called 'Kadon is the worst navigator in the history of terrible navigators who get lost and die in deserts'. Adding too that, I was already thirsty when we went into the desert, which kind of hurt the supplies.

It didn't take me long to realize that Kadon 2 was a jerk. A stuck up and arrogant jerk from the sounds of it. ... I couldn't have chosen a more appropriate name for him if I had actually put effort into it.

"I think the real question is why you're here?"

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Erike & Samera

Erike wiped the sweat from his brow. Nothing like a bit of physical work to keep your mind clear. Well, keep it mostly clear.

What about the Guards? Samera asked, whispering at the base of his skull. "Couldn't find it. Better to stay active than...stay still and die." Erike replied, moving another crate from the market stall unto a wagon. It was easy work, and he got some pay out of it.

Samera hissed in disgust, but stayed quiet. He knew she wanted to do something exciting, around more...powerful beings. He was just a host, a free ride, until she could find someone better to latch onto. Erike pocketed the pay, thanked the Matoran, and went another direction through the Koro. He thought he was heading towards the main gate, or at least a gate, but he might have been heading elsewhere.

"I'll know when I get there."

OOC: Erike & Samera OFI

"With that, you're implying that we didn't." I retorted with a frown. We should have had enough for the journey, if it wasn't for that meddling thing called 'Kadon is the worst navigator in the history of terrible navigators who get lost and die in deserts'. Adding too that, I was already thirsty when we went into the desert, which kind of hurt the supplies.

It didn't take me long to realize that Kadon 2 was a jerk. A stuck up and arrogant jerk from the sounds of it. ... I couldn't have chosen a more appropriate name for him if I had actually put effort into it.

"I think the real question is why you're here?"

IC (Ulkar):

"I am here because I'm travelling, although even with the surplus of water I brought along with me I have only enough for myself," the man replied with a small shrug. "Honestly, though, if you set out with just enough water to see you through to the end of your journey, you made a mistake. Make sure to prepare for every eventuality next time." Then he lifted a hand, gesturing over his shoulder.

"Although, if you care to stop being semi-violent and dying, Po-Koro isn't particularly far away from here."

profiles i guess

IC:

"You know what I've been thinking about lately?" I asked Cipher Compassrose, watching the stub of a cigarette burn tangerine-colored above my face. Desert skies were clear at night, so amidst the twinkly black backdrop, it could have been a particularly close star. Or a blood moon or something. "Spirit stars. You ever looked up at the sky and thought about yours, Ciph?"

"Figured I wouldn't find it."

I laughed loudly, and one of Rhea's boys stirred in his sleeping bag slightly. Couldn't have told you which at this point, honestly; I was too busy dividing my attention between my best friend, as plain and gritty as the terrain we'd camped on for the night, and the sky above us, with all its stars, planets, possibilities. 

The wayward mercenary leaned back, posted up upon his arms behind him, and turned his head up in turn. "Seen plenty of nights like this, though."

"Yeah. They've been making me think more and more lately. Since I stopped killing p--well...since I stopped taking contracts. I like to think that one's mine." I pointed at a big, fat blue one up in the air, not far flung from the Temple of Creation. "I look for Joske's now and again. I figure on some level it's gotta be ######, you know? How can ever star connect with a Toa? If they die, how can a star just...###### out, y'feel me? And what if there are Toa who just--"

I choked on the thought, trailing off like the smoke did, dancing and swallowing itself in the desert air.

Don't deserve one?

Was I fooling myself thinking about it after all? There were plenty of Toa who could connect to that shade of blue. Joske had eyes like that. And so did Malik, the only Shaddix in history who may have been as lost as I was. Took a real d-bag to claim all of light blue as his own emotional purview. 

"I dunno. I mean, of course some of it's ######. But...when you look at them, how can you not hope a little. You know?"

This doesn't sound like you at all, Shaddix. 

"I dunno. Just ###### I been thinkin' these days."

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz
  • Upvote 3

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Well, luckily my swift dodge had proved somewhat effective. I was just getting ready to hash it out with this Drome character, when I noticed that he was slipping down the other side of the slope.

I chuckled a little, a laugh which almost immediately died down as some other guy arrived on the scene. He seemed a bit too interested in the previous pair's situation if you asked me. I rolled my eyes and lit up another cigarette. I tended to do this after facing stressful circumstances, it helped ease the tension.

I began to approach the trio of Toa.

"If water's all you need, he's right, Po-Koro is just beyond that far cluster of dunes and through the canyon." I gestured half-heartedly, glancing at Drome intermittently to be sure he wasn't gonna try and crush me again.

"However, it'd be kinda cruel to make anyone wait an extra half hour or so just for a swig of fresh water..." I regarded the little guy, somewhat unsure of whether I was making the right decision or not.

Eh, whatever, at least he had asked semi-nicely. Unlike Drome.

I threw him my canteen. "Knock yourself out."

IC: Toku and Raku - Po-Koro

"So this is the desert koro or whatever it's called?"

"Don't look at it like that old friend there is all kinds of things we could find here"

Raku just looked away and walked off.

"Oh well I'll see you later?"

He kept walking.

OOC: Raku is going to Ta-Wahi.

It's time to move on.

IC:

"Let's get goin' then," Peho said, hand up to his eyes as he stared at where railroad met horizon. "Never been on a train before, and I don't want to miss my first chance!"

-Void

IC: Volin

"Eh, don't get too excited there, bud." I start, grinding my cigarette into the ground with my heel. "Novelty wears off pretty fast, and it's mostly just a bunch of waiting around at that point. Odds are you'll wanna catch some shuteye halfway through the ride."

You're such a buzzkill.

Yeah yeah, I know.

"But," I say a little forcefully. "It's got some cool sights once in a while. On the way in, Forsi looks especially nice by the water."

I'm not quite sure what to say after that, so I give a small smile and turn around. I let out an inaudible sigh and march towards the ticket booth, where an incredibly bored-looking Po-Matoran sits, reading something I can't see. She doesn't even acknowledge us when we show up.

"Hi."

"..."

"Eight tickets to Forsi."

"..."

"Please."

Without batting an eye, she produces a line of them and slides them over when I give her the widgets. After I doll them out and have Savfina fill out some papers for her mech's transportation, we all board the third car and take our seats.

I settle into one right beside the window. There are some cool sights once in a while, after all.

OOC: If anyone wants to take us to Forsi, go ahead.

IC: Kadon - Somewhere Not as Far Away From Po-Koro as I Had Previously Thought

I let Drome deal with the questions about our water supply. It wasn't my fault anyway. He'd drank it all before we even got here, practically, and how are you even supposed to know where you're going in a desert? The sand all looks the same. It could have happened to anyone, really. Besides, we ended up near to Po-Koro anyway!

Then, the one that Drome had nearly started a fight with spoke up. Finally, someone helpful- and someone who had water! I caught the canteen he had tossed to me, already grinning with anticipation as the sweet, sweet sound of water sloshing around filled the dry desert air. Eagerly, I unscrewed the top; as I removed it, a perfect, beautiful drop of water fell from the cap, sparkling for a brief moment before it was lost to those accursed sands. Without further ado, I tilted my head back and drank for the first time in forever.

The water was warm, but I couldn't have cared less. It felt like life itself was flowing back into me, rejuvenating me, pulling me back from that terrible fate I had come so close to. That horrible, dry feeling in my throat disappeared instantly, and I swear, I've never had water that was quite as good as the stuff in that canteen.

Sadly, I had to practice some restraint. The witty one clearly wasn't going to be much help, and, knowing Drome, the lump had even less of a clue of where we were than I did. That meant that Canteen Guy was pretty much my only guarantee of not managing to somehow get lost between here and Po-Koro (not like I would be one to get lost or anything), and he had been kind enough to share his water, so I figured that I shouldn't drink it all.

Then, I remembered something: Drome hadn't had anything to drink either. And as much as I hated handing Drome the last of the water, well, I figured I should probably make sure he made it.

I'd get bored otherwise.

So, I wordlessly tossed him the canteen and then turned to Canteen Guy. "Thank you! Good to see that some people are still generous," I said, shooting a look at the one who had been talking to Drome. "I'm Kadon and that spiky orange thing is Drome. We, ah, got a bit turned around. Must happen a lot around here."

IC:

"Break camp," I said succinctly the following morning, "and cuddle for warmth. It's getting cold where we're going."

Out of the corner of my eye, I got to see the range of emotions from the entire team in one wide spectrum; Nero and Mar, gruff and stolid, began packing up the gear for Rhea's team. Rhea herself was quiet and surly, as ever, while across from her Zelvin looked quietly amused by the whole process. Sola Fulminea tucked her hands under her arms and shivered for effect, grinning widely.

Bless that kid.

OOC: Team Dor/Team Rhea, out of region.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I settle into one right beside the window. There are some cool sights once in a while, after all.

OOC: If anyone wants to take us to Forsi, go ahead.

IC:

The desert went zoom-zoom-zoomity-zoom by and soon enough, Peho and his friends were in this Forsi place.

The giant Toa wobbled and practically toppled out of the train, head spinning faster than the Iron Mahi's wheels had, to the point that he had to grab a pillar to keep himself from accidentally head-butting the station floor.

"...that was an experience, then."

-Void

• Upvote 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:Arvas

Arvas, on the other hand, had fallen asleep almost as soon as he had sat down in the carriage. Not a complete nor deep sleep, though, the not exactly smooth ride had kept his rest a light one and somebody, he never cared to see who, kept trying to wake him up to point out something in the desert. Like Arvas cared, it was a desert and probably the most interesting thing out there besides the train was a funny-looking rock.

As such, as the Fe-Toa stepped off the train, he was half-lidded, arms crossed with the lower half of his face still nestled in the thick collar part of his short cloak.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC:Arvas-Forsi Edition!

Luckily for the pair of them, Arvas' several decades straight of being a fairly successful mercenary had made him tough as nails(haha kill me), and the Fe-Toa succeeded in holding himself upright despite the sudden application of Peho's body weight on his shoulder. His eyes snapped sideways, locking onto Peho's face.

"Watch it, that's my shield arm." He grumbled.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC:

I grinned and plucked the cigarette from my mouth.

"Yeah, it happens to the best of us. Everything looks the same around here, so that doesn't help either."

I paused to flick some ashes into the sand.

"Pleasure to meet you... erm.." I glanced at Drome, still a bit on edge. "...both. The name's Cadmus."

I held out my hand for a shake.

IC:Arvas

He huffed. "Well, if it can stop you knocking yourself out on the pavement, that might be worth something." He sighed, head retracting slightly as the giant wrapped his arm around his shoulders.

Stop touching meeeeeeeeeeeee!

"If you do knock yourself out on the pavement though, don't expect me to carry you anywhere."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Before I had to suffer through another one of Oceanna's tunes, I figured it'd be a good idea to get a move on. Daylight was already on the low, and most people in town were probably getting ready for a long night of drinking before heading out to sea in the morning. I would have liked to figure out a ride while everyone was still sober.

"Yo!" I called out, already several paces away. "I'm gonna scout ahead, alright? I'll find you guys at an inn or...somewhere..."

With that said, I turned around and started for the docks.

"Please just go to an inn, guys."

IC: Jokaro

He shook the Matoran's hand.

"Obliged."

IC: Farzan (Farzan's Workshop) 

"So what can I do you for? You here to pick up some tips and tricks from a colleague, or maybe some extra credit? I can help you with that, I'm pretty sure Kreff's pincers here haven't been picked clean in a while."

I was pretty sure Kreff's pincers didn't have need of any such thing, but I liked the idea of testing it out at the expense of someone else's hands, so why not eh? Kreff seemed to try confirming that statement for himself as he studied one of his claws as it slowly opened and closed.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Kadon - Somewhere near Po-Koro

I smiled back and shook Cadmus' hand eagerly. I could already tell that he and I would get along famously! Well, for a while, at least. I didn't mix well with others- that was how I ended up with someone like Drome, stuck in an endless desert. But that's fine: I don't need others anyway! I mean, sure, I had been lost in the middle of the desert, but lost is a strong word. More of... sidetracked, really. I had known that we would be fine all along. Drome's panicking about the end had just gotten to me, that's all. And I'd had a feeling that Po-Koro was nearby; after all, I have killer instincts.

Regardless, Cadmus had been kind enough to give me some water, and that's something I probably wouldn't have been able to manage by myself. If I had any money, I would have bought the man a drink in town as thanks. Oh well. It's the thought that counts, right?

"Good to meet you, Cadmus. Should we head into the Koro, then? It's been a long day and I am starving." Realizing that I was forgetting something, I glanced at Drome and the other Toa. "Oh, I suppose we should bring them along as well."

Edited by Cadias

"Please just go to an inn, guys."

IC:

With one mighty heave, Peho pushed himself UP--

--and this time, he actually managed to stay that way. Legs akimbo, arms out like a tightrope walker, head hung low and ready to tuck in at a moment's notice, but he managed to stay upright at a moment's notice.

"yeah"

"yeah sounds like a good idea, man"

"lets go guys"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Should've just used the 12 hour rule earlier.
(there's no one in this topic at all right now, is there)

IC: Realizing he needed supplies for...something, whatever he does out there in the Po-Wahi wilds, he headed to Po-Koro.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)