BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Athiel

"We have lost enough time already, and while I would consider it, I fear you may not be able to endure the challenges it has prepared." He sits down on the cold hard floor, resting against the back wall. "After we have been liberated and our possessions returned to us, we will likely go directly to the cavern. You are free to join us there, but of course it is your decision if would like to go now. It is located west of Po-Koro, like I said previously, and it's mouth faces Mount Ihu. Without the roads it will be difficult to locate, but you will know it if there is a pack of Kane-Ra taking up residence in the opening of the cave."

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

Kale Ironshaper- Po-koro- Sentinel Prison

IC: "The Sentinels as a whole are a lot more competent then you seem to give them credit for, Athiel. You might benefit from a bit smaller of an ego, yourself. You say that you have lost too much time already and I am trying to help you gain it back."

He waited, looking at the others in the cell. He would wait for them to say their part before making his decision.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Vrina

Vrina looked over at Kale as she leaned against the bars

"Quite frankly i am just along for the ride.. does not matter what we do.."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Athiel ignores Kale's insult. "I like to see that you are not so easily deterred. Perhaps you are correct. If you wish to go, I shall more thorough in my explanation of the threats you will face. Like I mentioned, in the initial cavern you are likely to find a herd of Kane-Ra. Further down the tunnel forks into three paths. Take the one on the right. The other two are home to Nui Jaga nest. Down the right tunnel you may encounter Kofo Jaga as that tunnel is in close proximity to the ones in Onu-Wahi. In the final chamber you will encounter a mysterious creature that is intangible and unable to be seen. It cast a shadow however. On the back wall there will be a wall of text and a map. Simply copy them down." He sits down on his bed. "Wait, I forgot to mention something. The creature seems to be composed of some kind of gas."

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

IC: Lux and Praxton -- Po-Koro Hospital

The bucket came not a moment too soon; as quickly as it entered my hands, the harsh, coppery smell of bile rose up as a noxious cloud in the room. Tears stung my eyes, tears that I could thankfully pass off as a reaction to my own sickness. I felt Day's hand come to a rest on my shoulder, serving as a more comforting weight for me than the one on my back; lifting my heart with reassurance, rather than dragging it down with dread.

Slowly, I brought my head back up, my face probably as green as the slug hitchhiking on me. I smiled weakly, still trying to make light of the situation, trying to get another grin to blossom on Melna's face, trying to cheer everybody up like it was the old days again. I looked around, trying to calm myself down by looking at friendly faces; there was Day, my guardian, there was Melna, my guide ... and then there was the doctor, looking at me with one-part curiosity, one-part pity and all-parts dissection. Two icy-blue eyes stared out of his ruined face, and I felt naked before him. Repressing a shudder, I tried to turn my attention over to Day, but the doctor's tongue was quicker than my eyes.

"Well then, Mr. Saran," he said, his voice firm and authoritative, and I could not pretend to look away from his piercing gaze, "my name's Doctor Ree Praxton, resident authority on parasitic Rahi at the PKH. It's nice you in the land of the living again; how do you feel?"

I had half a mind to shove the bucket of my sick in his face, but a glance over at his ... bodyguard? Nurse? His eight-foot tall mass of coiled muscle ready to batter unsuspecting Po-Matoran into bloody smears on the ground? Whatever that Toa next to him was, one look at him was enough to deter any thoughts of throwing bile into the doctor's face, so I bit my tongue and slid the bucket over onto the bedside table instead.

"Apart from the vomiting and the fatigue and the ... vomiting..." I answered, rubbing the back of my neck for absolutely no other reason than I didn't know what to do with my hands, "Sore. Yeah, I'm, uh, I'm definitely going with sore. My final answer, right?"

I had been hoping to illicit at least a smile with that last one, but every face in the room was a mask of stone. I slid further back in the bed, only to feel the pressure of a squeezed slug between me and the backboard, and a sharp jab of pain in my forehead. Dumbly, I wondered what caused it, until I remember the words "parasitic Rahi".

"Perfectly normal reaction," the doctor said, nodding, "Now, you probably have some questions for me. Unless you also happen to an expert on Parakuka, or you happen to be incredibly stupid."

I blinked once or twice, trying to wrap my head around what he'd just said, "I really can't tell if you're insulting me or not."

"Either is quite possible."

"... right."

The doctor might've smirked, but it was impossible to tell amidst his festering scars. "That creature on your back is known as a Parakuka, something that only started appearing a few months before the Second Battle of Kini-Nui and the defeat of Makuta. Thus, they're no longer classified as malignant entities, but their behaviour varies depending on the individual. Fortunately, you'll be able to communicate with it mentally, and if your will is strong enough, you may be able to influence its disposition.

"Being blind and mouthless, these Rahi feed off of their host's life energy -- your life energy, in this case -- though any threats that this habit holds are simply hypothetical at this point. Theoretically, your life span could be shortened, but since you have a young specimen, this shouldn't be as bad as it could be.

"The Parakuka is hooked along your spinal column, and as far as we're aware, attempting to remove or kill the parasite would result in the death of the host as well. Sorry about that, by the way."

Now the doctor was definitely smiling. "However, every cloud is not without a silver lining; these creatures can also give you energy for short bursts of time, resulting in increased physical prowess ... albeit, with some physical changes, as well..."

A vision of red eyes and clawed hands floated through my mind. "Changes?"

"Bluntly; you'll look like a Rahkshi for the duration."

Well, then. How wonderful.

I picked the bucket back up, and started vomiting again.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Melna (Po-Koro Hospital)

Melna had been about to say something when Lux finally showed signs of returing to the world of the living. The red beacon that her face had become had slowly faded away as the blood in her cheeks went away, only to be replaced by a tint of green when she was treated to the revolting combination of the Parakuka and Lux's vomiting. Like it or not, she took a step back.

Not Day, though.

He acted almost immediately, sparing no expense in his efforts to be there for his companion, he acted efficiently, yet compassionately, his hand resting on Lux's shoulder the clear witness of his desire to be supportive, Melna almost felt ashamed next to him.

Lux smiled, his eyes almost pleading for an acknowledgement, he wanted her to smile. Melna wasn't one to disappoint, but all she managed was an awkward, cutesy little smirk, nowhere near the trademark grin she so often could muster otherwise.

"Might at least say something"

"It's great to have you back, Lux" she said, and she meant it.

"Being blind and mouthless, these Rahi feed off of their host's life energy -- your life energy, in this case -- though any threats that this habit holds are simply hypothetical at this point. Theoretically, your life span could be shortened."

Well, that was something she could've done without

"Bluntly; you'll look like a Rahkshi for the duration."

Oh come on.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Kale Ironshaper- Po-koro- Sentinel Prison

IC: Kale listened as Athiel spoke, his mouth curving in to a small smile at that last part.

"Well, however a being like that lives, I have an idea for how to deal with it."

Turning away he spoke as he walked.

"I should have the information you need by the time you get out of here."

With a thought, he was gone. It took only seconds for his mask to get him to his room. Inside were a collection of supplies he would need for the trip. Even with his mask the desert was not something to be underestimated if one wanted to live.

Water, food, cave crawling materials. Hmmmm, parchment and lump of coal for the rubbing.

Turning to the last object in the room he stopped as the memories flooded over him. A Kurahk staff sat propped up in one corner, it's metal haft and blades gleaming in the Po-wahi sunlight entering the room. It had come from one of the rahkshi he had killed during the Battle of Ga-koro. One of the few, many of the rest had tagged him and his shaip as a priority target as soon as the Toa of Metal had revealed his element. Kale had been run ragged simply trying to block all of their attacks. Still, it was more then many had been able to do.

Far too many

It only seemed fitting that a tool of such evil was used by the forces of good. Little by little working to undo the damage done all those months ago.

Reaching over, he grasped the haft and walked out the door, vanishing as soon as he closed it behind him in a cloud of dust.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Zuriana

"Ferron," I begin, but nothing follows. Over two thousand years of being a mother, giving advice to anyone who came for it, and for some reason this one story has moved me in such a way that words, the one thing I could win wars with, have failed me. I just don't know what to say.

I'd put my arm round him if I could reach that high. Instead, he'll have to make do with a little leg-hug. "It's alright," I say at last. "You don't have to be alone anymore."

XXXXXXXXXX

The Toa shrugged. Whirling around, he launched Zuria down the tunnel, where she skidded to a halt and lay in the dimness.

"Kill him." Suddenly, action. The two spear-armed Toa stepped forward simultaneously to skewer Ferron between them, but-

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer/Blackrock)

What a strange beauty the corrupt stone had. As it lay in the half-black sands a safe distance from the fortress, Larikon could study it without fear of skeletons swarming him. He had read the Book of Life twice-over, and inspected the crumbling pages of alchemy books. But in the end, he came to his own decision. He would use the mother stone to destroy this physical heresy. It would be tricky and it would be dangerous. But aside from throwing it into a volcano, there was no other choice.

To the knight to his side, he asked: "Bring me the Purple Lightstone, with haste."

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Qyntar

And yet as time went by, the toa of gravity, kept the same, switching between a workout-routine, meditation, and plain old sleep... well, he only slept once, but I digress. Qyntar now decided to... keep working out. Seriously, there really isn't much for him to do until they are released.

OOC: I mean it, I'm growing a bit impatient with this prison situation...

IC:

"I'm glad to be back," I replied once my bile was back outside of my body. Glancing over at the doctor, I half-wondered if I could ask him for a glass of water -- wouldn't want my pearly whites rotting away on us, right? -- but figured that right now probably wasn't the best time for frivolous requests. We've got serious stuff to deal with right now; what to do about the slug on my back, and why it practically seemed to purr whenever I looked at Melna. Can Parakuka even purr; what noise do slugs even make? Maybe I should ask the doctor...

Naw, he looks ... not in a question-answering kind of mood. Maybe I should just be quiet and try not to vomit on the sheets or anything...

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Rakona/Goran

The Lesterin motioned to her loyal Ta-Toa zombie, who ran out of the room, going to fetch the lightstone from Cardinal Dryken, so Larikon could do what he wanted to do with it. Rakona leaned forward from leaning on the wall, and asked, "Grandmaster, what do you plan to do with the lightstone?"

Goran raced through the halls, and found Dryken. He kneeled down to lower than the Matoran's height, and asked, "Where is the lightstone?"

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Dryken

"Here," the old Matoran said. It had slipped his mind that's he was still staring intently at it.

"I'll.follow you," he Sado, leading Goran backing to his mistress and personally handing it to the Grandmaster. He was talking with the Lesterin, Rakona.

"I hope younknow what you are doing," he said as he handed the Lightstone to the Grandmaster. He did not elaborate.

IC: Ferron (Po-Wahi Wastes)

"I know," Ferron answered, "I'll make sure of that"

And with that, he reached down and lifted up Zuriana for a hug.

His thoughts drifted to his other friends. Well, friend, singular: Tuli.

The Ta-Matoran had, for better or worse (although Ferron assumed it was better), become a welcome presence at his forge. He'd have to introduce the two at some point.

But right now, his main focus was one the biggest threat to his regained stability: Kuhrin.

XXXXXXXXXX

-Their efforts were futile. Ferron interfered with the strike with his elemental powers, instead directing their spears to skewer two more of the vines restraining him.

He tore himself loose with a guttural, blood-curdling roar, a Pakari-enhanced dash forward leading his uneven hands to close around their throats.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Zuriana

We walk on, and before long, we're back at the rocky shoreline of Onu-Wahi. Ferron leads me along the shore to a little spit of rock jutting out of the main coast into a bay filled with razor sharp rocks. Evidently this is where Kuhrin had agreed to meet.

Sure enough, there, sitting among the rocks, is a frail, corpse-like figure, shrouded in a torn cloth that fails in its objective to make him appear more complete. Chunks of him are missing, the knife wound from his final battle with Krell evidently infected, the rust on his armour at the worst it's ever been. I wonder how he has remained alive, after all this time. He's facing away from us, his eyes fixed on the crashing waves.

"You really... Cut it close... Didn't you..." Kuhrin wheezes. He turns to look at us, and to our horror his face is maskless and mutilated. Nearby, his mask lies in two pieces, the little crack that had always been present at its bottom finally having completed its journey to the top. "Can't survive... Without mask..." He reaches out and points a quivering finger at Ferron.

XXXXXXXXXX

Ferron had underestimated his own strength - one of the henchmen's throats were crushed, killing him instantly, and the other was having a lot of trouble forcing air in and out of his lungs. The Bo-Toa turned tail and sprinted into the darkness, leaving his fellows at the mercy of the Toa of iron.

Zuria peeled herself off the ground to stagger over and watch the proceedings.

OOC: We should probably move to Onu after this

IC: Ferron (Po/Onu Shoreline)

Ferron motioned for Zuria to stay behind, before he approached Kuhrin with quick, resolute strides. He held out the mask for Kuhrin to grab, he wasn't giving the courtesy of placing it on his face for him, though.

XXXXXXXXXX

The other henchman's neck delivered a sickening *snap*, before Ferron tossed both of the limp carcasses away.

For what must've been minutes, Ferron just stood there, panting, his chest and shoulders heaving up and down rythmically. Throughout it all his eyes had been glowing like the fires of the furnace he used every day, only very gradually reverting to a softer glow.

Finally, after the flame had died down, Ferron ran over to Zuriana, crouching down to her level, his face wracked with concern.

"You okay?" he asked.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Sirius [Ostia]

A medium cargo barge put in to the shore of a settlement local Matoran call Ostia. As it pulled the ramp, an unusually tall figure in all black lumped on the pier.

It was Vortixx, a rare guest in the lands of Mask-folk, with one eye and wooden leg. He held a pipe in his mouth and stood calmly, looking at scurring Matoran. After a brief wait, he turned and went towards the settlement's buildings. Soon he arrived at a wide town square and looked for a canteen. Since it was noon, Po-Wahi was at it's peak of heat, and old sailor had urge to wet his throat. At last, he spotted a sign over a two-storied building saying "Canteen" and lumped to it.

Since it was so hot, the door was flung wide open and from inside seasoned sailor heard voices and clattering. He took off his hat, pressed it to his heart and stepped inside.

IC (NPC Barman)

The Ostia Canteen's barkeep looked up from polishing a mug as a tall Vortixx entered the noisy room. He was a Po-Matoran with a yellow Rau, and he eyed the approaching sailor as his hands worked the rag around the metal utensil's inner surface.

Foreigners like Vortixx, Skakdi and Lesterin weren't nearly so unusual as they had been a few decades ago - in fact, a few of them were dotted around the canteen - but still, Matoran were the most common customers around here, so the barkeep paid him a little more attention than most.

Besides, the Po-Wahi air was hot and dry, so it was more than likely that the newcomer would want to wet his throat.

Edited by GhosthandsOfChristmasPast

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Sirius.

Vortixx gave the barkeep a tired, but friendly grin and came closer. He dropped his hat on the counter and sat on the tall bar stool.

"Greetings, friend," - he said, - "Would you be so kind to pour this old sailor your best?"

He unbuttoned his trenchcoat's collar and put his pipe next to his hat.

"And pass me the ashtray, will ya?" - Sirius added.

IC (NPC Barkeep)

"One Motara Moonraker, comin' right up," replied the Matoran. Propelled by deft hands skilled in bartending, the ashtray slid along the wood of the bar, coming to rest directly in front of Sirius. It was shortly followed by a large flagon of orange Po-Matoran ale.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Sirius

Vortixx caught the ashtray with his fingers and took his pipe to knock it out. Then he took out a purse with tobacco and began to carefully fill it. Just as flagon with Motara Moonraker was brought to him by a barkeep, he finished and lit the pipe.

"Thank you, friend," - he said to barkeep and took a sip. The ale was strong and refreshing, just as Sirius wanted it to be. He then hunched a bit and inhaled fragrant smoke.

IC: Sirius.

"But of course," - answered Sirius before barkeep asked his question. - "Oh, no, I am but a humble traveler." - He smiled again, - "I offer my services to local captains as helmsman or navigator. Just got down from one of those cargo barges," - he made another sip and exhaled a little ring of smoke.

Edited by Artem K

IC: Korru (Sentinel HQ)

Korru returned to the prison cell with a warm paper bag and a large, rectangular box in his arms, accompanied by a ceramic jug floating in the air.

"Alright, here you go" Korru mumbled as he opened the cell door just enough to let the food float in by way of his Matatu.

"A large order of Fried Husi Wings, some water, and to finish..." he proclaimed with needless bravado as he flipped open the rectangular box to reveal... three donuts, with a lot of crumbs in between.

"Umm... yeah," Korru mumbled, "I ate all the rest"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Day

I let Praxton's explanation sink in, swallowing it whole as a justification to all my angst. The meaning in his words carried an edge that could cut through someone's mental defenses like a hot knife through butter, but concerning myself, I was already a little too numb to feel the figurative blade slice into me. What he'd just told us, it didn't really change much.

Speaking for myself, of course.

"So what happens next?" I asked the doctor, though I thought I already knew the answer. "Do we just...move on?"

IC:

The suns at my back and sand in my boots.

A less than comfortable situation, but one that I didn't really pay much mind to. Considering the fact that I never expected to get out, not to mention be alive.

Though here I was.

For however much longer, seeing as mother nature seemed to want to correct this obvious mistake. Common sense dictated that I should be dead, and/or dying, but I was never a good listener, nor a good follower of common sense.

So I continued on, the way that my feet sunk partway into the soft sand made my trek through the arid landscape none too easier.

I was clueless as to my currently location, or even my general direction. The stars themselves had seemed so alien, after having been trapped in an inky darkness for so long. Sunlight streamed irregularly through the clothe I'd managed to protect my vision with, turning the dusty landscape around into an eerie twilight.

Sand-laden wind whipped around my body, the hard grains colliding with a metallic, scraping noise.

It wasn't at all pleasant.

And yet it was the best thing I'd felt.

Edited by gRAViTiC dUbSTEp

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (NPC Barkeep)

The barkeep chuckled. In his job, when you talked to travellers, it was only a matter of time until they asked what the local rumours were. Either that, or if there was any work going. There was normally a bounty letter lying around somewhere; the Akiri's men seemed to spend half their time dropping them off. The number of bandit hideouts in the area really was impressive.

"Well," he said, "there's not been much going on in old Po-Wahi, truth be told. That new-fangled Iron Mahi the Onu-Koronans built gets a lot of talk, and we actually got some rain recently, but that's about it. As for the rest of the island, well...it's hard to say. That Kini-Nui Summit the Akiri held apparently went pretty well, so that's something - villages are getting a bit friendlier with one another. I heard that some strange foreign folk were in Ga-Koro; left as quickly as they arrived. Then there's that talk of a great big creature down in Mangaia."

"And they say," he leaned forward, lowering his voice, "that Ko-Koro's in total lockdown. Nobody knows why."

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer/Blackrock)

"I suggest you all step back a pace," Larikon said quietly.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

"Oh, is that so?" Sirius raised his brow. "That's no good at all. But wait a minute," he seemed to change the subject really fast, "did you say Iron Mahi? What's that? A new vehicle?" it was as if Sirius was interested in new mean of conveyance more than in Ko-Koro's condition. He made a good sip of ale. "I know, it sounds weird, but I am a sailor. Always out in the sea, never actually in land business."

IC:

The suns began set and shadows danced across the unending landscape painted before my eyes.

Their inky depths slithered along the ground, reaching at anything around to hold within their bottomless grasp. The monoliths of darkness grew as the burning orbs of light continued their inexorable march in the heavens above, before being slowly swallowed by the horizon one by one, until the last glimmer of light flickered across the dusty sands in a futile attempt to hold onto this world.

In the end, though, the shadows consumed all.

I didn't mind the darkness, for the shadows' velvety embrace did not bother me as it did others. I rather welcomed them in place of the unrelenting brightness.

The wind had died down, as if the setting of the suns had heralded the time for which the world to rest, and so I unbound the tattered clothe from around my head, while pulling the worn cloak that encased my form tighter around my body.

All was still.

I managed to start a fire amongst a collection of red, sand-blasted boulders that jutted out from the world like the reaching fingers of a giant buried beneath the vast sands, using some dry desert plants that I'd come across growing in the shade of the megaliths. The task had taken much to accomplish, and after a day surrounded by oceans of dust, I slept uninterrupted under the protection of the shadows of the night.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Baranx

The Po-Matoran had finished all the paperwork required for the case earlier in the morning. He decided to check how the detainees were doing.

As he neared the corner to the row of cells housing the detainees, he heard Korru talking... odd.

He peeled around the corner. Korru, the Lesterin, was opening the cell door and... giving them food?

Awestruck amd confused, he continued watching.

Athiel looks over at Korru, him holding a good amount of food. "Thank you for your hospitality Korru, but I seem to have lost my appetite. I'm sure my friends here would be more than happy to eat though." He disliked eating fried food, and would rather not digest it.

My BZPRPG Characters

IC: Korru (Sentinel HQ)

"Be my guest" Korru replied as he locked the cell door again.

A stream of sunlight peered through a nearby window, reflecting the silvery tint of his large broadsword. Just as a reminder that it was wise not to anger the humongous Lesterin.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Good information flow must always be encouraged," replied Vortixx and put on the table four widgets. "Three widgets for a drink, and one widget as a tip," He smiled to Po-Matoran, and then got up, put his hat and took his pipe. "May your profits reach the skies, my friend."

Sirius turned around and limped out of canteen into a sultry noon of Po-Wahi. He then went to the port once again to buy a ticket on a ferry boat. Vortixx has felt sorry for himself, because he still haven't cracked his own diary. At least, he suspected that this was his diary, because his memory still remained in mist. Maybe he already met such thing as Iron Mahi? Under other name, and other circumstances? He didn't know.

He payed the cashier and stepped on board. The boat took off and Sirius felt a little sting of nostalgia as he stood on the nose of the boat, looking forward into a horizon. An endless sea around the huge, yet single island.

Edited by Artem K