BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: (Datrox)

​"Mm, hope not."
​He leaned back in his seat and let his hat fall over his face. He listened intently for any conversations or noises that might be worth investigating.

IC: (Ayna)

"...you really think they're gonna get lost?"

Edited by McCree

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Konihi

Robbing a village I needed to come back to was too risky for now. If there was nothing I could do in the village ...

"We could rejoin them and I could just 'happen' to go Rahi hunting outside whatever monument they decide to raid"

--IC: J'erbok and Gairu--

J'erbok's Log: Day 27- It's been a very slow day here at my humble little stall.  No significant profits today.  Perhaps I should have opened up somewhere with more willing adventurers-

J'erbok stopped writing in his journal to examine the source of the sound he just heard.  It turned out that the sound was that of the door opening, and of a tall silver Toa, a small black Matoran, and an odd antlered fellow walking in.

Ah!  Wonderful! Cushtomersh! J'erbok thought excitedly.  He grabbed his staff from where it was leaning and hobbled over to the newcomers.

"Welcome, friendsh," he said in his Sean Connery-like voice, "to my humble little shop.  I am J'erbok.  What can I do for such dishtinguished gueshtsh?"

The tall silver Toa answered in a jovial manner, "Oh, I'd hardly call us distinguished.  We're just a rag-tag crew of misfits hunting for adventure."

J'erbok laughed.  "Well, those are exactly the kindsh of people that usually come in here."

"Good," said the silver Toa.  "Then we're not any odd characters around here.  My name's Gairu, the Matoran's Ayna, and the guy with the horns is Konihi.  We're here looking for supplies to go treasure hunting."

"I shertainly have items along the lines of what you're looking for," J'erbok replied.  "Feel free to look around."  Gairu, Ayna, and Konihi began to do so.

--OOC:--

J'erbok has been activated, and is currently interacting with Gairu, Ayna, and Konihi in the Po-Koro Adventurers' Supply Store.

Edited by capMARVELOUS

--IC: Gairu--

"Oh, there you are, Kultax," said Gairu, as the Toa of Air walked into the shop.  "I was beginning to think that you weren't gonna show."

"Nice," said Gairu, and continued to peruse the shelves.

J'erbok decided to get a bit more involved in his customers' shopping.  Hobbling over to where Gairu was browsing, he asked the antlered Araka, "Ish there anything here that I could tell you more about, shir?"

"Yeah, actually," Gairu replied.  "What's that thing?"  He pointed to a strange-looking, lantern-like object.

J'erbok beamed.  "Ah, that'sh one of my prized Fire-Cryshtal Lanternsh.  I found sheveral of them oversheash.  It'll provide you with light for nearly a hundred feet!  Perfect for exploring dark ruinsh."

"Neat," said Gairu.  To the others, he asked, "What do you think, guys?  Should we invest in this Fire-Crystal Lantern?"

"Perfect," said Gairu.  "Majority rules.  We'll invest in it."

"Wonderful!  Wonderful," said J'erbok.  "Ish there anything elshe you lot would be intereshted in?"

That's your cue, guys.  J'erbok's shop has tons of stuff, so feel free to make something up for your characters to find.

Train Heist

IC: "That would he appreciated, Ma'am." Came the reply.

If anybody else was looking they would see the guard's partner over at a nearby intercom panel, informing the rest of the Sentinels aboard of the situation.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC (Kynaera, train):

Kynaera did not have time to idle, did she?

The guard seemed curt and wearied with conversation. Before Kynaera turned around (which she should do in a second if she wanted to remain inconspicuous), she would have to do something while there were only four guards in their train car. Something to prevent more guards from coming, giving the would-be criminals enough time to grab the gold. Something to ensure Kynaera's dignity as a mercenary remained intact.

She began to turn around, her eyes sliding from the guard she was facing to the guard by the doorway.

And she shunted inconspicuousness to the end of her list of priorities.

She ran through a quick plan: increase the gravitational pull on the guard by the doorway so that he couldn't react; jab at the guard in front of her; teleport behind her and stab her with the staff, then draw the attention of the other guards so that the other heist members could act with indiscretion.

She ran through the first two steps of her plan--she applied gravity like glue to the doorway guard's frame and, in the middle of her right turn away, jabbed with her left hand at the guard's chin.

IC: Kultax

I look through the dusty shelves for anything of use or interest. A length of rope... that should be cheap enough to get. Some other weird little trinkets as well, but my money will only last for so long.

"I'll take the rope, then."

Placing it on the counter, I look back out at the dusty road.

"One moment."

Jogging out, I meet with Biotron again and guide him to a nearby inn.

"You mentioned being tired. I think it's best if you stay here for now."

I find it hard to walk away.

"Well... It's been an experience. Maybe we'll meet again. Thanks for being a friend."

I manage to tear myself away and head back to the shop.

"....yeah. Just the rope for me."

I was short on spare bit's to spend on equipment, so all I could do was hang at the back of the shop, but it would be worth it when I got my explosive arrows. Seeing Biotron quit from dehydration was disappointing though, after all the fuss that matoran had made to make this happen.

"Don't forget we need canteens and a map"

"Yesh, yesh we do," said the little Barcudo, shuffling to the back and grabbing four canteens and a large map, placing them on the counter with the Fire-Crystal Lantern and the rope.  "I believe theshe should do you nicely."

"Awesome," said Gairu.  "I think that's everything we need.  Unless my pals have found something else?"

"Yep, that's all we need.  Thanks, J'erbok.  Gotta say, you've got some pretty awesome stuff here," Gairu said, as Kultax slid some of his money next to Gairu's.  "Maybe we should come back again just to check out all the stuff we couldn't get to."

"Oh, yesh," said J'erbok, taking the money and putting the purchased supplies in bags.  "There'sh a lot more shtuff that you've yet to shee here.  I wish you luck on your quesht."

"Thanks again, J'erbok," said Gairu.  He offered a wave, and exited the store with the supplies.

J'erbok waited until everyone had gone, then opened his journal and began to write.

Today, I got some customers...

J'erbok is Open For Interaction again.

Also, what did you mean, "what's up with him," Snapdragon?

OOC: I think he's referring to Konihi just leaving the shop, which he did because I assumed the transaction had ended.

As I leaned against the wall in the blistering Po Koro heat, I noticed the rest of the group exiting the shop. I still had time to kill before my arrows were ready, it would be best if I got them after the expedition.

"So where do we expect to find this treasure?"

"Well, according to this map..." Gairu browsed the map intently, trying to locate a spot of interest.  He found one; a ruined temple some miles northwest of their current location.  "Hey, there's a ruined temple that way," he said, pointing roughly in the direction of the site.  "There's bound to be hoards of treasure in something like that; offerings to some deity or something similar.  I say we try there first."

Just then, a sudden thought struck him.  "I'm noticing a distinct lack of nonsensical noise around here.  Where'd Biotron go?"

Seriously, I'm actually wondering that in real life.  We haven't heard from Tahu3.0 in a while.

After re-soaking everyone's water cloths and making sure that the canteens and water bottles were topped off, Gairu began to lead the way toward the ruined temple.

IC: Toa Rebraz (from Ga-Wahi)

The boat docked at a small port at the beaches of Po-Wahi. Rebraz thanked the fisherman and gave him a few widgets in return for his generousity.

After Rebraz got off the boat, the fisherman was getting ready to set sail back to the shores of Ga-Wahi.

"Hey, thanks again! Have a great day!" Rebraz waved to the fisherman and the fisherman waved back.

After Rebraz turned around, the Toa of Plasma smiled to himself. He was known for being hot-tempered but he liked being friendly to kind strangers. He didn't know why.

Just as he finished being questioned by a few guards, he continued his journey to Po-Koro.

Edited by Darth Kranie

IC: (Datrox)

The familiar sound of combat reached Datrox's audio receptors.
​He lifted his hat and turned in the direction it was coming from: purple girl was currently giving one of the guard's what-for. His hand quickly travelled down to the handle of his obsidian blade and he leaped over his seat.
Hero time.
"Now, what's all the hubbub?"

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Toa Rebraz

Rebraz walked for what seemed to be ages. He walked on the hot dry sand. It wasn't the heat that bothered him, but the pain of walking.

He walked and walked and walked.

He could finally see a settlement up ahead. Po-Koro, he thought.

He entered the village gates, and after showing an insignia he was given by a Po-Matoran guard earlier at the port, he was allowed to go in. Here he was , the village of Po-Koro.

OOC: Rebraz is open for interaction

Edited by Darth Kranie

OOC: Well it's a full day later than I said it would be and for that I apologize. In any case the post cycle starts now.

Heist-Guards

IC: The Toa of Stone by the door grunted under the sudden and unexpected weight, leaning heavily on the haft of his warhammer. It was obvious that while he had been wary of unexpected attacks, it was rather difficult to prepare for an ambush via gravity.

The Toa of Sonics that Kynaera jabbed at fated somewhat better however. The punch was knocked aside in a motion that had obviously been beaten into the female Sentinel over the course of hundreds of hours of training.

Her Calix activated on that same reflex and she sent a mask powered punch right towards her opponent's solar plexus.

The Toa is Stone and his Crystal companion instantly snapped to ready positions. Neither of them moved forward, at least for the moment. People willing to attack koro guards rarely did acted alone, who made the rest of the rather heavily armed train car possible enemies. So rather than dash blindly to their comrade's side the brown Toa drew a heavy machete while his somewhat more exotically colored comerade flipped open a pair of pouches on her waist. From them flew several dangerous looking prisms the hovered threatening before her.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC (Kynaera, train):

Kynaera's forearm struck the guard's, which redirected her punch into the air. The guard's Calix flashed. Right as Kynaera felt a fist connecting with her gut, she vanished.

Reappearing in the doorway behind the guard, she landed a little clumsily.

Right. Calix. Whoops.

She slid to the side so that the Calix guard would have to reach to hit her, drew her staff, activated its blades, and jabbed it at the Toa of Stone's underarm.