BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

Po-Wahi- Train Heist

IC: The Calix wearing To a reacted equally quickly, continuing to pull back on the staff as she moved out of the way. With a solid thunk the blade slammed into one of the nearby seats. It was a solid stab what the force of two people behind it. While not completely stuck it would certainly require a solid tug to remove.

The hammer wielding Toa took the moment to recover from his swing before making a shorter and more controlled bash at Kynaera's midsection.

IC (Kynaera, train):

The blade of Kynaera's staff slammed into a train seat's back and stuck there, quivering. Still holding onto the staff, Kynaera finished her spin with both guards in her sight.

The Po-Toa's arms bulged as his hammer began to swing again, this time with elbows closer to torso, like a Kolhii player. The Calix-wearer was probably waiting for her next move--she hadn't let go of the staff yet. Or maybe she was at a loss, too.

Kynaera breathed in a quick breath, just enough for her abdomen to tense up, like a diver about to leap into the water. The shouting from the other side of the train car (Taranis and Tenjin? someone worse?) was muddled and indistinct in her ears. The sounds her brain did emphasize were odd, small ones: breathing, her feet sliding slightly upon the floor, a ringing that she, if she were more poetic, would have identified as Death whispering into her audio receptor.

She increased the gravity on the other side of the staff, the area in which the Calix and hammer guards stood, and then leaped/rolled over the seat to her side. She landed awkwardly--her side hurt as muscles in her sides strained to restore balance--and increased the gravity further, trying to render the guards immobile. Until they were neutralized, she could not afford to turn around and help the other members of the heist. One step at a time. One step at a time...

Edited by Legolover-361

OOC: train heist, nothing our characters have to worry about

IC: (Ranir, Po-Wahi entrance)

She walked up to Kanonu and squinted as she stepped into the sunlight.
"Hrm. It's hot here."

IC: (Ayna, Temple Run)

She groaned.
"Now I REALLY wish Biotron was here..."
She started carefully making her way through the room.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

OOC: Ah, it seems that conventional methods worked. Let me just put away my summoning circle and I'll get this post up.

Po-Wahi- Train Heist

IC: The hammer swinging Toa let out a growl of annoyance as his opponent once again dodged his blow. The woman was turning out to be as slippery as an eel. Not unexpected considering her mask but annoying all the same. He took a step towards Kynaera's new location, only for it to turn into a stomp as gravity was again increased. He glared at the source of his annoyance and continued shuffling forward.

The Calix wearing Toa also grunted under the increased weight. Her solid stance prevented her from collapsing outright but it was only a matter of time even with her mask.

The spirited young Toa grit her teeth and called upon something yet used in this fight. A quick pair of jabs sent two visible distortions flying through the air towards Kynaera.

As both a rookie guard and Toa the young woman did not have the experience and power that some of the veterans of the Sentinels possessed. As driven as she was though, that was hardly going to hold her back. So she had listened to her teachers. Rather than try to learn a wide variety of moves and ways to use her powers she had focused on a few that she could master in a reasonable amount of time.

The distortions were a product of that effort. Concentrated blasts of sound. They were essentially ranged punches. While not the massive destructive blasts favored by many, they still hurt and could be thrown quickly and using minimal energy. It was a move that complimented her unarmed style of fighting. Providing reach far beyond what most would expect.

As if Kynaera didn't have enough to deal with already, a pair of crystal prisms shot down the length of the car at her. These weren't like those currently infesting the guts of the nearby Skakdi twins. A move that deadly was reserved for particularly unpleasant scum. Like those tried to involve nearby civilians.

No, instead these were like those which had struck Dylan. Said outlaw was by now quite thoroughly encased, unharmed and unable to harm anyone else.

Back over on the much more crowded side of the train the veteran Sentinel had turned her attention to the only hostile combatant still in play. A simple look at her partner got him moving, restraining the outlaws and dealing with the wounded while the Crystal Toa levitated the duo of prisms out of their pouches.

A grimace crossed her face as she did so. Her supply of pre-shaped crystal was getting low. Much more of this and she would have to start creating them or pull chunks from the battlefield. Both options were things she would prefer to avoid.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Cyramar

Spotting the remaining...lawbreaker? he supposed, Cyramar raised his gun with his free hand, firing for Kynaera's midsection. He really didn't have the energy or motivation to try and make it look cool, and the thought wasn't one that occurred to him.

IC: Wasuka

Unfortunately, the humid jungles spanning the sweeping majority of Wasuka's homeland failed to prepare her for the sheer, dry heat of a desert. And so, when she stepped into the light Wasuka was downright near staggered.
"Yeah, wow. Uh. What do you call these, by the way?"

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC (Kynaera, train):

Kynaera saw the jabs and guessed what they meant, but so much of her concentration was focused on increasing gravity that, in the split-second it took her to shift her focus to her Kualsi, one of the bursts struck her.

Her mask threw her behind the two Toa before the brunt of the guard's blow could hit, but Kynaera's feet still hit the ground heavily, her diaphragm expanded to recover her lost breath, her audio receptors rang like bells, and her side stung as if it were covered in biting, stinging insects. A pair of crystal bursts and a gunshot struck the wall near Kynaera's former position. She glanced to her right, saw that the eyes of every defender were trained on her, and sighed.

This was a stupid idea. This was such a stupid idea.

Such thoughts wouldn't help her now--she was all about efficiency, managing time and saving energy and streamlining her thinking processes so that, in the heat of battle, she could act like a machine--but they crowded her head anyway. She was sluggish in looking out the window across from her and activating her mask, although sluggishness to her was measured in milliseconds. Everything was wrong. They hadn't strategized enough. She hadn't pushed the issue. She'd been overconfident. Makuta would have...

Suddenly, she was stumbling in the sand, falling to her knees on a dune. The sun burned her back, and the sand burned her legs. She pulled her hood over her head, pulled her cloak about her, and straightened up. The train clattered away. She began walking after it, taking time to catch her breath.

OOC: EDITED BECAUSE I FORGOT THAT ISN'T FILTERED FOR SOME REASON

IC: (Datrox, Train Heist)

The Toa of Fire turned his attention back to the action on the train. Odd, he could've sworn there was someone else here...
Whatever.
"She just flew right out the ###### window! We uh, gonna do somethin' about that?"

Edited by Gigatron

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Po-Wahi- Train

IC: "Not much point." Came the reply from the Crystal Toa. Several rows of seats away and also looking out a window. "She got beat and she knew it. No point in sticking around and not likely to try again after how thoroughly their first attempt was trumped. It's possible that she may be going to get help but this train will be far away by the time any gets back here. And we have sufficient defences to deal with any external attack."

She turned her head to look at Datrox rather than the sand dunes outside.

"I'll make sure her description gets radioed back to Po-koro. It'll spread to the rest of the island from there. Don't worry, she may have escaped from this fight but I can assure you, she will have plenty more ahead of her."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Cyramar

"My ears are ringing, one of my legs was blasted with lightning and my hand was shot with a laser. I don't know what you define as 'fun', but I wouldn't call that one of them."

A beat.

"It did get the blood pumping though, I will admit."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: (Datrox, Train Heist aftermath)

He smiled.
"If you walk away without a mark on you it ain't a real fight. There'll be more ahead for us. I hope you're ready for them."

Edited by Gigatron

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

• 3 weeks later...

OOC: Not a very good post but I promised myself I'd stop delaying and get something up today.

Po-Wahi- Temple Run

IC: It took a long time filled with very slow and careful maneuvering but eventually Ayna reached the other side of the small forest of pillars. It was extremely basic over here. A large, solid looking door with a lever not quite as large set next to it.

It seemed simple enough and there did not appear to be any traps attached to either of the objects.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: (Ayna)

She squinted at the lever. Just because there weren't any visible traps didn't mean much to her. She saw images in her mind's eye of herself pulling the lever and, instead of the door opening, some horrible contraption appearing from the ceiling and killing her. Or, the floor coming out from beneath her and revealing a pit of spikes.
"There's a lever over here," she said, raising her voice in case her companions couldn't hear her, "should I pull it? It looks like it's connected to the door."

Edited by Gigatron

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

• 4 weeks later...

Po-Wahi- Temple Run

IC: It took a solid tug to pull the stone rod all the way. As soon as it was though, things started happening.

There was a slight rumble that seemed to come from beyond the boulders making up the walls and ceiling. It grew in volume and intensity until it looked like the boulders themselves were shaking.

Oh wait.

They were.

The stone rods that filled the room shattered into powder from sudden and immense pressure as all the rocks making up the room suddenly dropped inward. With a short and thunderous rumble thousands of tons of stone collapsed inward towards the group. Their vision obscured by the sudden cloud of dust that used to be supporting rods.

It was dead silent in the temple for long seconds. Eventually though, several coughs broke the silence. It appeared that at least one of them was still alive but the dust was thick enough that none of the three could see the other two.

OOC: None of you are dead.

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: (Ayna)

The Onu-Matoran quickly glanced about to make sure she still had all her limbs, before dusting herself off a little.
it, I shouldn't have listened to them...
"K-Kultax--anyone, are you okay?"

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Konihi

Curses, here I am stuck at the entrance with Kultax and Ayna likely dead, how would I get the treasure now?. Well at least I sent my meat-shields out instead of risking things myself. Without them this could have gone very badly for me.

As I inspected the rock, pondering how to make my way to the other side I could hear a faint voice.

"K-Kultax--anyone, are you okay?" 

Well at least one meat shield was alive.

"I'm still alive"

I squinted my eye's and covered my mouth in a small rahi hide to keep out the dust.

"I can see it, I'm still at the entrance"

"Alright. Are you trapped at all? I can try blowing away the sand.." 

I quickly noticed an inherent flaw in this plan "Where will you blow the dust to though?"

Edited by The Invisible Noob

IC: Kultax

"Alright. But speak up the second there's a problem, okay?" I take a breath, not as deep as I would like but the air is kind of, well, full of dust right now. I close my eyes and focus, clenching and unclenching my fists. Slowly, and then all at once, twin blasts of air emerge from them, pushing some sand towards the entrance.

The dust hit me like a sandstorm as it rushed past me, I closed my eyes and covered my face with my arms to weather the storm of sand. When the sound of rushing sand subsided I opened my eye's again, to survey just what had happened in this room.

Po-Wahi- Temple Run

IC: It wasn't as bad as it had first seemed. These were tests, not traps after all.

The room had compressed. The boulders making up the walls and ceiling were several feet closer towards the center of the room and, as a whole, appeared much more stable. There was no way to know if this would have also happened had enough of the rods been broken but the rumbling that had swept the room before the collapse suggested some sort of specific mechanism behind the scenes that allowed for a preplanned collapse pattern.

The door to the room beyond was also open now. The sound of it's doing so lost in the rumbling and crashing that had filled the room moments earlier.

Blue light spilled forth from within.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: I assume the stone rods are gone now too?

Looks like we had pulled through after all. Allured by the soft glow of what I assumed was treasure, I headed across the now clear room to the glowing exit, passing by both Ayna and Kultax. Yes, if this was the treasure room up ahead I would need to plan what happened next very carefully