BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: The Fourth

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

Leaning against the railing next to Sirius, a female Toa of Water continued to gaze upon the waters with admiration, a wistful expression etched onto her Mask of Sensory Aptitude as the sea passed them by, the sun's light glinting off its waves. Her body was mostly a rich azure shade, befitting the Toa's element and rather calm disposition. She had the feel of someone who was greatly at home on the water, something obvious to even the least perceptive of observers.

"The sea," she continued, "calls out to you, doesn't it?"

IC: Sirius

Toa came by from the blind side of Vortixx, so he was forced to turn his back towards the majestic view and lean on the railing. He inhaled some smoke and released it up in the air.

"It sure is," he replied wistfully. Sirius squinted his eye to have a better look at his occasional companion. "I can't remember for how long I've been in travel by now. This is some sort of pilgrimage for unbeliever," he gave her a barely perceptible smile. "Actually, I can't even remember most of my past."

Edited by Artem K

"That's something you share with a lot of people on this island these days," she replied, turning away from the view to face her Vortixx companion. "Newcomers don't really seem to remember much."

She had met her fair share of people who had just washed up onto the beach with nothing to them but their name and sketchy memories.

"So you're travelling ... have you ever found a destination?"

IC; Sirius

"Destination... anywhere," he shrug. "I just travel to see something new. Preferably, a new device, a piece of machinery that I never saw before. In between, I just study people. And offer myself to any captain in need for steady hand on the steering wheel or sharp-sighed navigator. What about you, lady? Do you know your destination?"

Edited by Artem K

"Forsi," said the Water Toa with a smile. "Well, that's not exactly my destination. It's just where my crewmates are."

She had taken time off from her duties aboard Captain Dehkaz' vessel, citing the need to visit her family and relax in relatively less stressful situations. Constantly stumbling into pirates and smugglers really was a chore. Maybe she was somewhat unsuited to the lifestyle, but she enjoyed the presence of the others, and there was a certain fun in imposing the law upon criminals. It was quite an exhilarating experience.

And her crewmates would never survive without a cook.

"I serve on the Fowadi," she explained. "It's a vessel attached to the Sentinels."

"Ah, a peace-officer," Vortixx nodded and inhaled some more smoke and then released it through his thin nostrils. Then he looked at the Toa, and at the sea, and then again at the Toa. "Must be a tough job for such a pretty lady as yourself?" he stood, removed his hat, fold it to the heart and made a polite bow. "My name is Sirius. Eternal wanderer, seasoned sailor and a gallant gentleman."

Edited by Artem K

"The flattery is appreciated, but it won't get you anywhere," teased the Toa of Water.

She steepled her fingers, lightly resting her chin upon them.

"Have you ever thought of doing something to curb piracy? There'll always be a need for extra hands on my captain's ship. Might be something you would like to try."

Toa's reply made Sirius give her a short laugh and a friendly smile. Then she asked him if he would like to enlist in her captain's crew and the smile washed away.

"I don't really like to get into law-against-crime business. Don't get me wrong, lady, I encourage anyone and anything that fights the piracy. But consider it to be a gut feeling: I don't deal with law enforcers until it's heavily necessary. For any other case, I have my own weapon to defend myself." He sighed and leaned towards railing again and made a deep inhale of a smoke.

Edited by Artem K

"Fortunately, so far I haven't encountered any pirates while I was doing jobs on ships," admitted Sirius. "I guess, this old Vortixx still got some luck in his pockets." He smiled again, bad thoughts vaporized.

However, some memories of his life on Vortixx homeland still bothered him. Sirius remembered that he had a lot of money, he's been respected for some particular skills. And those skills led him in trouble. And then he left never to return. To dissolve in the crowd, never to be found.

Sirius reached his hand behind and grasped on the chrome-silver barrel of a rifle-like device. He examined it thoroughly. There was a round, disc-shaped socket for something Vortixx could only assume to be.

OOC: Good idea.

IC: Kuhrin

Kuhrin spat out a dense liquid coloured like vomit and blood, which seemed to bubble and react with the rock like acid. "Not the Mask of Healing, you imbecile-" the corpse burst into a coughing fit, bringing forth more of the sickening liquid and doubling him over. "You need to wear that to heal me. But its effects -koff- won't work on me without a mask on my face. I'm sor -koff- sorry, but you're going to have to give me your -koff- your mask, just for this process."

XXXXXXXXXX

IC: Zuriana

Zuria nodded vacantly, her eyes blankly staring at the bodies of Kuhrin's men. "Yeah, just... Y'know, just shaken." The Matoran looked up at Ferron and forced a smile. She was still there, just. "Yeah, I'm good. Let's go, Ferron."

Ferron gave his assent, and the pair marched off into the unknown to pursue the task they had been given.

OOC: To Onu-Wahi! Also, flashbacks are now over. We can go ahead and focus on the Kuhrin business now.

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer/Desert Outside Blackrock)

Larikon wasn't sure whether the process would destroy the corrupt stone, or empower it. Empower him, or kill him. Destroy Blackrock, or destroy the world. He simply knew that it needed to be destroyed. He who purges evil from the world was rewarded, he who destroys a heresy of Ak'rei'an was gifted far more. If he perished, the rock would go with him, and he would join his master.

So he chanted, a quiet, steady, 'Ak'rei'annn...Ak'rei'annn...Give your love to thy..."

The others were, at this point, far from him. The sky grew darker with the sunset, and the cruel, dry heat clashed with the cold projecting from the stone. The purple lightstone, cradled in his hands, was positioned directly above the fragment. It began to radiate its purple light, it pulsed, and vibrated ever-so little. After a minute or two, it began to project a beam, thin and constant, pointed directly at the fragment. The vibration increased, little by little.

Cold fog came out of the fragment, sprending to the ground, hugging it. To the point the Larikon saw not past his knees. Still, he chanted. The beam increased, his hands shook and shuddered, and his mind raced as fast as his heart. His ears, however, heard a noise, something wrong, something malevolent. It started out a hiss, but grew ever more louder, ever more anguished. To him, and those watching, screams filled the air of Blackrock. Piercing, horrible screams. One could not make out whether it was Matoran or beast, only that it was something else...

Vibrations soon shook the ground below their feet, and well as the Grandmaster's hands. Constant and small. The mist rose above Larikon's head, obscuring him. It began to swirl, faster and faster, collecting the dust of the desert below. His eyes barely saw, his ears could harly hear, and his hands, numb from cold, couldn't feel. But Larikon could speak. In a more aggressive, more frenzied tone he chanted. Sand entered his mouth, coating his tongue. But he was beyond care.

"AK'REI'AN! AK'REI'AN!"

The screaming intensified, to the point where the knights couldn't hear one another speak. In their minds, whispers, foul and unknown, filled their thoughts, distracted them. Larikon too heard the whispers, but pushed on. He was bringing the mother stone down, so that the beam would purge the fragment once and for all. The sand rubbed his face raw, his eyes were long closed, but Larikon knew, by memory, where the fragment lay. Now upon his knees, the stone came down, and the two were mere inches apart. The vibration nearly hurled the stone from his hand, but Larikon held true. He would serve Ak'rei'an, he would save his Brotherhood.

"MAY AK'REI'AN JUDGE THY DEMON!!"

The stones touched. In a moment, the fragment shatted into dust, its energies purged. With explosive force. Larikon, clutching the motherstone like a child, was hurled into a dune. Knocked unconscious by the force. The air grew silent, the knights regained composure. What they saw was shocking. An impact crater, eighteen inches deep, crusted with ice. No trace of the fragment was left. One article of black magic was gone.

Only one.

• Like 1
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

"I wish I could share some of my luck with you," he made a helpless gesture and continued to examine his device. "Actually, do you know someone who can identify tech?" he suddenly asked.

Edited by Artem K

"Hmm."

Stroking her chin in thought, the Toa of Water looked back through her memories for somebody who could help her travelling companion.

"I remember meeting this rather tech-savvy Skakdi once," she said, scrunching her face in thought, "but I don't know where he lives."

She shook her head.

"Maybe try Onu-koro. The village is known for its technological advancements."

"Splendid!" he exclaimed with enthusiasm. "If I remember correctly, the best way to get to Onu-Koro is to head for Po-Koro?"

He didn't want to deal with Skakdi if it not necessary. Those brutes with shining smile capable of chewing off fingers even in armored glove weren't very trustworthy.

Edited by Artem K

"Well, that's for sure determines my destination, at least for now," he smiled and saluted her with his pipe. "Actually, if you will be in need of navigator's services, I will gladly enlist for a one-time job. Consider this my way to say 'thank you' for useful information you gave me."

After that they didn't say a word until boat made it to Forsi.

<<<TIME SKIP>>>

IC: Sirius [Forsi]

Vortixx went off the ship in the port of Forsi along with Toa of Water and other passengers.

"Farewell, pretty lady. May the tailwind follow you and the sea be supportive towards your crew."

After saying this, he limped away towards the Iron Mahi station. He wasn't intent to stay in this town for long, so he decided to go and board the locomotive right away.

As Sirius approached the railroad, he was amazed by the view of locomotive and carriages. That was truly a masterpiece. He went to the ticket window and hunched a bit to look in it.

"Greetings, good friend," he said to cashier, "How much will it cost me to take a ride straight to Po-Koro on this beautiful machine?"

IC:

"First class," he recited, "comes with refreshments and more comfortable seating. Overall a more luxurious experience. It costs forty widgets. Then there's standard class, which, for twenty widgets, gives you a moderately comfortable seat and no refreshments unless you pay a small fee."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

"Well, you charge pretty fair price for such a luxury," he reached his purse and looked into it. There was about one hundred and fifty widgets - savings from last few jobs. He could afford to go first class and still have money for living. "Here's your forty widgets, good friend. This machine deserves to be enjoyed at full."

IC: Vrina

Vrina smiled softly to Korru

"Well i know i am appreciative Korru.. though perhaps may i ask how goes progress on me getting out of here.. any change?"

She did grab a donut and eat it rather delicately

OOC: Sorry Dr.O.. did not see the post till now

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

"Oh, I will, good friend, be assured," Vortixx took the ticket. "Let your profits reach the skies, friend."

He then limped towards the train. Sirius asked steward about his place in the cars, and after he's been directed to the first-class carriage, he entered it and took a seat at the window facing the shore. He took off his hat and put his pipe in the bosom. After that, he just sat there, waiting for Iron Mahi to drive off.

Vrina stopped as she was about to take a drink of water and looked at Korru her eyes holding a sense of curiosity

"Your not part of it anymore... Interesting.. Is there a reason why you are no longer a part of it and also who is a part of it?"

She set down her glass and fit both her hands on her hips as she awaited the response

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Vrina held her arm outs infront of her in a surrender manner

"Hey now there is no reason to get upset. Was a simple question. Mind you your talking to Civilians here who has no idea of the inner workings of the Sentinels.."

OOC: For ooc reasons who would be the one in control of this whole thing? I mean I honestly thought Korru was but apparently that is not the case.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: Qyntar

The toa of gravity stood up and leaned against the part of the cell bars that weren't next to Korru. "Look, you were responsible fo..." Suddenly the part Qyntar was leaning up to gave way, Qyntar jumped back from the breaking bars, looked to Korru, then continued. "...responsible for bringing us in, and I am grateful for the food you have brought us, but the least you could do, SHOULD do, is find out who we can talk to so that we are updated on our own case."

OOC: I do hope you don't mind the comedy related property damage...

Edited by Toa Onaku

OOC: I really doubt that bars could break so easily.

Having said her goodbyes to her travelling companion, the Fourth continued along the docks of Forsi, intent on reaching where the Fowadi was moored before nightfall. It took a while to reach the vessel, but as she looked up at its hull, it was worth the time taken.

IC: Athiel

"My sediments exactly Qyntar. If we are to be locked up here, I would like to know how the issue is being handled." He got up and sat on his bed. "Wouldn't it be more productive for the officer who discovered the body to be attached to the case?"

OOC: Seriously, where is the guy who controls the Po-Koran NPCs at?

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

IC: Dehkaz

" 'Evening Fourth," The Toa of Magnetism's voice called from the far end of the deck, the glow of a single lightstone in a lamp the only other clue to his location. It seemed that Dehkaz had moved his desk and chair out from his cabin, and placed the pieces of furniture onto the bow of the armored ship, looking out over the darkening waters. He was just visible in the gloom, seated with his feet up on the table, a piece of parchment in his hands.

Unlike the rest of his crew, Dehkaz had stayed with his ship as the Fowadi underwent a refit to bring it's armament back up to the current level of advancement.

"How was your time off?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Sorry this took me so long, I have been having trouble getting on the internet for the past few days.

Kale Ironshaper- Po-wahi- Cave

IC: Kakamas were wonderful things.

The proof stood on a small rocky outcropping overlooking the entrance to the cave that he had been directed to. The setting sun glinted off of his silver armor as he shielded his eyes with one hand.

The pack of Kane-Ra were there like promised and while Kale might have been able to hold his own, such a large group of the dangerous rahi was not something that he wanted to take one. The fact that there was a herd in the first place was strange in the extreme, the fierce animals were loners, such a large concentration should have resulted in a battle if it even happened in the first place.

None of this would help him get in to the cave in any case.

So, he started walking directly towards the largest bull he could see.

As he moved across the still warm sands, the tube on his back melted, floating off away and reforming in to the shape of a second Toa next the the Toa of Metal. The Kane-Ra bull lifted it's head, sniffing at the new scent that had entered it's territory before letting out a bellow and rising to it's feet. The rest of the herd followed suit with a chorus of bellows that shook the stones and caused several precariously perched rocks to fall the the wahi floor with rumbling crashes.

Kale and his metal shadow started running, the Toa taking several steps before blurring and vanishing from sight while the animated metal moved in long bounding strides that would not have looked entirely natural had anyone been watching. Suicidally, the moving metal charged at the approaching animals. It jumped at the last second, aiming for the back of one of the Kane-Ra.

Untill it was met in midair by the horns of another rahi as it's neck extended with bone crushing speed.

The man-of-metal exploded in to a cloud of protosteel filings and swarmed the offending bull's head with a angry hissing. With another bellow, this time one of confusion, the rahi started swinging it's head around in an attempt to rid itself of the annoyance that flew about it's head, getting in ears and blinding it to everything around. In it's struggles, the Kane-Ra slammed in to another of the herd, knocking it to the ground from the force of the blow. Just then, the cloud of metal split in half, the second part going to harass the new rahi.

In short order the entire group was giving out bellows of discomfort and annoyance. A small breeze passed by the ones on the outermost fringes, but they ignored it in favor of the maddening specks of metal harassing them. Abruptly, the cloud reformed and dove in to the ground, making it's way inside the cave unseen by the Kane-Ra.

Inside the dimly lit tunnel Kale took several steadying breaths. While controlling his element while using his mask was hardly the most difficult thing to do, the extent of his little distraction outside had been rather hard to pull off with the amount of detail needed. Still, it was easier then trying to take down the entire herd in a fight.

Pulling out a dim lightstone, Kale rose and made his way further in to the darkness.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Akura

He sat in his dark, dank cell. Bunkbed laid on either side of the small room, making for a very cramped space. The hall was dimly lit, with the shadows of sentinels being cast on the wall opposite to them. A cold draft could be felt coming from somewhere in the room, most likely a window or door. He hadn't had the chance to observe the area on the way in. His powers were halfed without his mask and he was obviously lacking his sword. He was fatigued by the events of the past year. Him being jailed wouldn't be a benifit to himself or Mata Nui. "You know not what you have wrought upon yourselves", he thought to himself. Tired, Akura decides to meditate on the events of the past few days.

An orange sun rose over the city of Po-Koro. A few denizens had already taken to the sand dusted streets, attending to various task. A tall, cloaked being strode though the nearly empty city, heading towards the western gate. His armor was a bright white, with light grey highlighting various parts of his body. His cloak was colored an ice blue, close to the coloration of his eyes. A long silver blade laid sheathed on his back.

He soon found himself at the gate and entered the vast desert that covered most of Mata-Nui. He climbed up a nearby dune, observing a magnificent panorama of the surrounding area. He quickly found his destination and headed there posthaste.

Edited by Observedhalo

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

IC: Qyntar

Qyntar had been continually working out, using the unfortunate situation they were stuck in for something useful. After finishing his regular work-out routine, he sat down by his wall, panting.

"Do you know any stories?" Qyntar suddenly said, and he looked over to his cellmates.