BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer/Blackrock)

Larikon got up dizzily. Being hurled into a sand dune by vile magical power had taken a toll on him. His face was raw, his armor, and surcoat caked in black dust. His mouth was full of grit. He groaned, and had quite the desire for a wash basin.

Taking the hand, he got up, and struggled for a moment to stand. "Yes...A leader must not sit idle while his brothers and sisters toil. To put it simply, Sir Jaaku, when I say we must suffer and toil, I make myself the first to do so."

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC:

"If it helps, I'm sure that you're one of probably four of us who would've been able to do that, as it is." Jaaku grabbed Larikon's arm, draping it over his shoulders, while placing his arm underneath the grandmaster's two, to help hold him up. "As things stand, we've currently got a leader who's going to sit idle while his brothers and sisters toil. You've likely been concussed, and you might have more injuries we haven't yet noticed - it's time for you to get some rest."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Athiel

"It's not very exiting, nor have I worked out how I will tell it. Sorry about that." He now regretted mentioning it. It started to get cold, it was likely sundown outside.

Edited by Observedhalo

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

IC:

Breathe in.

We all knew the answer before we heard it.

"Yes," the doctor said, his eyes staring into mine like pools of glassy ice. Cracked ice. Melting ice. "Yes. To put it bluntly."

Breathe out.

Yes. I'm so sorry.

Yes. Would you like some tea?

Yes. Whenever you're ready.

Yes. A hollow drone echoing in my mind, long after the doctor had stopped talking. Was he still even saying "yes"? It was hard to tell anymore; the word held such gravity that it seemed impossible that it could've been said just once. One word, and I was back out in the world; Lux the wanderer, Lux the pianist, Lux the monster.

Breathe in.

Of course.

Well.

Wasn't like life had been cutting me any slack before, right?

Breathe out.

"Alright then," I replied, climbing into a sitting position on the edge of the bed. "Guess we should be off."

My feet hit the tiled floor, and I felt the full weight of the Parakuka -- my Parakuka -- press down on me. It was far lighter than I had expected; I could almost stand straight up with it on.

"Well. That's something," I muttered, and the ghost of a smile played on my lips as I started walking to the door. "That's something..."

Breathe in.

-Void

IC: Melna (Po-Koro Hospital)

"Well... if you're sure... then of course" Melna replied, her voice and demeanor a mix of trademark joy and requisite concern.

"I say we get ourselves a place to stay for the night, this has all been a little too much for now" Melna mumbled, completely aware of how absurd it sounded coming from her.

"What do you think, Day?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Sirius [Po-Koro]

After some limping around, Vortixx has stumbled across the local bazaar. The biggest bazaar he ever saw, at least on this island.

A loud noise of voices: someone was selling his wares, two others were arguing about the price on brand-new Kolhii balls, and so one, and so forth. Although Sirius's species was natural merchants, he found himself tired of the noise of marketplace. He searched for another canteen where he could know more about any ways to reach Onu-Koro without the risk to get lost in vast Matoran Desert. He found one: another clay dome, pretty big, with sign carved on it's wall.

Sirius stepped inside and immediately looked for counter and barkeep behind it. After finding one, he limped towards it, giving the tender his usual friendly smile.

"Greetings, good friend!" he said. "I'd like to have a drink. Make me something simple and refreshing, good enough for this old Vortixx to clear his mind from heat."

Edited by The Mugbearer

"Yes..I suppose so. Rest, all of you. Eat, fast, read. It matters not. The day has been long, for all of us," Larikon said, in a worn voice. "I will be in the archive, washing."

He turned, and in a slow pace walked to get a basin, water and soap.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC:

I started my journey again that morning, as the light from the suns crept ever so slowly to my resting place. I did not mind the heat of the day as much as the cold of the night.

Already, I could hear the distant roar of waves battering upon the weary earth, though their eternal struggle had yet to come into sight. Perhaps I would make it to the shore by the end of the day, though sound like that carried far in the vast desert that surround me.

I am running out of ink, though perhaps I will find settlement. I do not have much to barter with.

Will continue writing soon, something is stirring in the sands.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC : Athiel

"Sure, why not. We have time to kill. Beside, I would like some entertainment."

OOC: Story time with Qyntar.

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

IC: Qyntar

"Alright, so this is a story I heard often when I was a wee lad back in the old days." Qyntar cleared his throat, then continued.

"Long, long ago. There was a fisherman named Kalshii. Every morning, he would go out to sea, mapping out good fishing grounds which he and other fishers could later come back to.

One morning how ever, Kalshii woke up with a strange feeling in his gut. A feeling of adventure. So, the ga-matoran ran to his small, sturdy boat and set out to sea, further than he had ever gone before.

Eventually, he could not see his homeland behind him, so he continued sailing, on and on. Over the course of a week, Kalshii kept sailing, never relenting, never giving up, for this strange call to adventure persisted."

Qyntar paused for a moment to clear his throat again.

OOC: Story isn't over yet

IC: Dehkaz

Dehkaz shrugged, signing off the last piece of parchment with a flourish.

"More or less," He replied, swinging his feet down from the tabletop as he gathered the papers before him into a stack, straightening it with a single tap on the table. "Wanted to supervise the upgrades."

That, and there really wasn't much else for the Toa of Magnetism to do. At least anything that was pressing, and/or he wanted to do.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Vrina

Vrina looked at Korru and she offered him a faint smile

"Are you sure your superiors will be alright with you taking time off to join us?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Korru (Sentinel HQ)

"The way I see it, there wouldn't be a whole lot to go back to. I started at the bottom, and I'm still there, just another private. And like I said, this was only temporary. It depends, if you can make whatever your little group is doing sound interesting enough, then I'll consider it worthwhile"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Vrina

Vrina nodded as she looked at Athiel shooting him a look

"Well.. make it sounds interesting."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Kale Ironshaper- Po-wahi- Caves

IC: As stealthy as Kale tried to be there was only so much that he could do to get past the rahi that lived in the tunnel. For the most part he would just speed past them with his mask, never letting the animals know he was there in the first place. However, up ahead was a bend in the smooth walls, turning the path out of his view. In front of it was a Nui-Jaga, quietly munching on something it had caught earlier in the day. Running around the corner at full speed would not be the best of ideas, for all he knew there could be a chasm on the other side.

Puling his head back behind the large stalagmite, Kale took a deep breath and readied the metal staff in his hand before swinging around and charging out with a wordless cry. The large scorpion pulled back from it's meal and screeched, the sound echoing up and down the passage. As he came closer it struck out at him with one of it's pincers, forcing him to jump to the side to get out of the way. Before it could try anything else the Toa of Metal struck at the rahi's eye with one of the blades of the staff. A screech of pain assaulted his ears as the rahi recoiled in pain, giving him the opening he needed. With a burst of energy Kale rushed around the corner and out of sight.

As he rounded the corner, Kale could see that the tunnel was open, allowing him to activate his mask and vanish in a rush of air before the Nui-jaga could come after him.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"Well the first of which is pretty simple really," The captain replied, "Upgraded the launchers to the current design standards, seeing as Onu-Koro's been making leaps and bounds with all those fancy gadgets. Added a few more to port and starboard at that, to give some more broadside firepower. And now we're able to bring different caliber launchers to bear, rather than the singular type we had before. Larger, heavier ones for antimaterial and smaller, more precise for antipersonnel. It's oh so academic."

With that, Dehkaz indicated the shiny new weapons with a wave of the hand.

"Second though, is probably the best thing yet."

"Worked with a number of armorsmiths and shipwrights to update the plating. Seeing as the Fowadi's original cladding was designed by Skakdi of all people, it lacked a fair bit in the fineness department. Not really up to Sentinel specs, if you know what I mean. Anyway, we got a working theory going, and then spent a better part of the week completely tearing off and refitting the armor. The new armor construction isn't any heavier than the original, but with the added reinforcement, interlocking parts, and other such fancy things, it's almost twice as durable as the original."

With that, the Toa of Magnetism sat back, looking noticeably pleased with himself.

"And let me tell you, never thought I'd ever have to do as much arithmetic as I did when working on the armor, not in a millennia."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Larikon had washed fully, and changed into a set of black robes. Emerging in the dark night, he walked back to the Brotherhood's living area. The members had been sleeping for several hours now, as Larikon had below. He entered through the cloth doorway, and took a seat by the dying fire. Heathenbane was strapped along his belt.

His sleep in the previous hours had been dark, and filled with nightmares. He little remembered them, only knowing he had them from the state of terror he awoke in. They had begun after leaving Darkmine, and came to him almost every night. He talked about it only to Ak'rei'an, through prayer.

He'd stand watch until dawn, from which he'd hold a meeting with the others. The underchambers of Blackrock needed to be cleaned of their evil.

"You can thank the engineers," The Toa of Magnetism replied, shrugging, "They were the ones that wanted to make everything shine, I was perfectly content to leave it as it was. A little dirt never hurt anyone."

"Want to test it out? I mean, officially tomorrow is the shakedown, though no point in waiting until then to see if the launchers work or not, eh?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

As Larikon sat by the fire, the other still-awake member of the Brotherhood, Jaaku, stood alone atop Blackrock, overlooking the seemingly iron-rich sands surrounding the fortress. The mark made in the ground by the destruction of the corrupted crystal stood out against the rest of the landscape, a dark scar that carried with it the promise of some future evil. And below, the ever-present threat of old enemies returning to fight again, rising in anger as the dirt that covered them was carried away...

The Toa of Magnetism shook his head. Ill thoughts, those were. It wouldn't do well to think on such possibilities, not when he was in need of sleep, though he couldn't put the issue away from his mind. It captivated his thoughts, to see that Ak'rei'an wasn't the only one able to raise up the dead, without the artificiality of a Tryna or other such instrument of false reanimation...a personal crisis of the faith, so to speak; and for one that had chosen the faith, rather than having it be forced upon him through the tender administrations of knives, thumbscrews, ropes and flames, that could be dangerous.

Moreso, though, it reminded him of thoughts he'd recently entertained, thoughts of a duty tossed away, exchanged for this new occupation. Thoughts straying dangerously close to the emotion - and admission - of guilt, of the abandonment of those who had trusted him to complete some task, some deed that those who previously had possessed his loyalty had deemed to be of some manner of importance. Thoughts that made him wonder if he would, at some point, desert those who trusted him now as he had been trusted by those of his old home, as though he would see things simply as a game for his amusement, switching sides as fit his fancy, directed by his whims - such thoughts as those were those that occupied the man currently to be found thinking upon a broken fortress's battlements.

Looking up to the stars, the man began to think about his most current situation. The desert was cold, at night; and currently a chill wind blew across it, sapping heat and strength from the bodies of those who felt the need to test themselves against it. Some few Rahi scurried across the wastes below the once-proud Fortress that overlooked the surrounding land. Some few Rahi...likely cast from their homes by some misfortune that had befallen them, seeking somewhere new to place themselves. Ah, but they did not choose their misfortune. Wrapping his cloak more tightly about himself, Jaaku watched as one - a shrew-like little rodent, running quickly across the grey ocean of dust that was its homeland - came up to Blackrock, nestling itself in among a small open space, where the stones in the walls had pulled apart and shifted enough to provide some small protection from the wind. Thinking on that, the Toa shook his head. He'd been outside far too long.

Quietly, he stole back downstairs, towards the common area of the building, towards the fire that still smouldered in the heart of the stone fortress. Rather quickly, however, he noticed that he wasn't the only one that wished to occupy that area.

"Having trouble sleeping, master Larikon?" he asked, his voice sounding as convivial - if somewhat dry and gravelly, as the dry air did not play nicely with Jaaku's throat - as ever, not betraying any of the thoughts he had earlier entertained, the emotions that seemed to always try to take charge of his mind. "If so, I suppose you and I have something in common."

profiles i guess

OOC: The Second Conversion is always the most fun! :P

It sometimes felt strange, being one of the veteran members, the Grand Master. He'd started this journey a hard-converted Circus Ringmaster, and ended up the leader of them all. He'd taken the Brotherhood from an isolationist sect of less than a handful to a vibrant, thriving organization. He'd seen the dark days of Makuta, and his fall, was born again in one home, and returned to another. Larikon had done more than the three Grand Masters before him. Combined.

But had he done the right thing? He let the Toa go, the Toa who probably told the Ussalry of their location. He had thusly lost Darkmine, and returned to their dust and ash ridden ruin on the edge of Po-Wahi. The heathens knew of them, at the least the basic details, and were likely hunting for them at this very moment. Blackrock would be stronger, he knew. No one knew of it, no one but them. If they captured new converts, it would be elsewhere. Period.

He had been thinking this, consumed by this, the moment Jaaku made his unexpected appearance.

"Yes," he admitted. Quick, he needed a reason. Grand Masters don't have nightmares. "Sleep has been quite hard to come to. Black magic corrupting fragments of Ak'rei'an's power. It troubles me. What troubles me more is the fact that the Grand Masters of old kept so little watch of the heathens...or participated in their practices."

"I would hope you understand, Sir Jaaku, that many of the men and women before me were not as pious as I. Many drank, many gambled. I suspect some Grand Masters, the Stewards struck off the histories. For deeds they did not record. Blackrock is an ancient place, existing before the heathen first Toa washed upon the shores. Its walls-they have heard, and keep many secrets."

He sighed.

OOC: Nah, no thanks, he doesn't need that. xP

IC:

"And yet to think that so quickly was so much of its history scoured away in one overwhelming attack," Jaaku replied, sighing himself. As Larikon seemed to continue to think, after letting out his sigh, Jaaku silently observed the Grandmaster. Something didn't quite seem right about him, same as just before they had left Darkmine. Likely just due to a lack of sleep, for similar reasons to some of Jaaku's, though who knew; there might be something more down there.

He'd learn eventually, no doubt. Grabbing a chair and pulling it over, Jaaku sat down, near to both the embers of the fire and the Grandmaster he was speaking to. "As to your less-than-pious predecessors, I'm not surprised. Strength of will seems sorely lacking in the majority of people, these days, as it always has; you can always take heart in the fact that, for the moment, you remain true to the ideals you profess." The Toa of Magnetism leaned back in his chair, looking at the fire. The flames were rather low, though still there, merrily dancing away as they consumed, and in effect destroyed their fuel. Sure, something was always left behind, be it ash or charcoal...but it was always a different substance than what originally had been used before, rather like how most of those in the Brotherhood were, all of them except Jaaku. With that thought, though, Jaaku frowned. What an odd thing to think about, and what an odd wonder that it inspired...

Still, conversation would pass the time till daylight faster than would simple silence, and the Toa of Magnetism rather well wished that the time would pass quickly.

"Tell me, master Larikon, what do you remember of who you were prior to your conversion?"

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

IC: Dryken

The Ta-Matoran walked around the Fortress. It was difficult for him to believe that he was back here, in the fortress where he had lived the majority of his life. Sadly, though, that fortress was now in a state of disrepair.

Touring he surroundings, the Cardinal sighed. The Brotherhood was once a powerful force on the island, and could pose a sufficient enough threat to the heathen villages that they were not constantly trying to hunt the Brotherhood. He wondered if even the current Grandmaster's zeal and determination could bring tethered Brotherhood back into its prime.

Only time would tell.

Edited by Norik Of Gielinor

OOC: I'll just push us along a little, here

IC: Melna (Po-Koro)

The three left the hospital in silence, Lux wobbling as best as he could with Melna in the front and Day hanging back.

Melna's mind was occupied by two things. First of all; getting a place to sleep, second: how to cheer up Lux. It would be much preferable if they could at least go to sleep on a somewhat happy note...

(A minor, third part of her mind was still buzzing about Day. What was he really? What was his history, his identity. She didn't know at all, and yet he already knew a whole lot about her, she did have quite the mouth when she wanted to.)

And that was when she caught sight of it.

She caught a glimpse of it through the window, her limber frame turning gracefully on its heel to stop and look closer. Yes, it was exactly what she thought it was, a hint of a mischievous smirk managed to creep onto her face, quickly hidden away as she turned to the other two.

"Why don't we try this place?" she suggested, waving in the direction of what on the surface looked like a relatively cozy, if a bit seedy, Inn.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Kale- Po-wahi- Cave

IC: It was a dead end.

All this way and he ended up with a dead end.

The path ahead was blocked by some sort of cave in which, by the look of it, was fairly recent. The past few days if the Toa had to make a guess.

Stepping forward, Kale sat cross legged in front of the jumble of rocks, the tube of protosteel on his back once more melting off and floating in the air around him. With a thought it all rushed in to the small cracks and crevices between the rocks, flowing like water with a soft hiss. Kale's mind all but left his body as he felt his way through the rockfall, using his elemental senses to tell when the metal touched something and work around it.

He did not know how long it took, but eventually he found the other side. The cloud spread out and he could feel the walls stretching away in either direction. There was no point in trying to find and read the inscription on the wall like this so Kale pulled back, working the metal back through the cave in and reforming it as the tube on his back. Standing up he turned around and blurred away, past all the obstacles and back to the koro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Po-koro- Sentinel Prison

The soft clank of footsteps approached the cell that the group was sitting in as they waited for their case to finish being looked at. Kale rounded the nearby corner and sat down on a nearby stool before explaining what had happened, finishing off with, "The cave is still there, but it will take more then one person to clear the way in."

With that done he left, heading to the docks where the Fowadi was docked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ostia- Docks

IC: Kale stepped up the gangplank to the Fowadi with his pack over his shoulder, calling out as he did so.

"Hey captain. I see you gave the ship some new toys. When do we get to try them out?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Athiel

"We'll wait to be released. It dose not seem that speed is of the essence. So, would you like to tell your story?" Athiel was feeling a little tired, having not slept for a while. Hunger was also felt as he had neglected to eat Korru's food. He laid back down on his bed, adjusting his pillow until it was comfortable.

Edited by Observedhalo

My BZPRPG Characters

IC: Sirius [Po-Koro]

Barkeep raised his eyes at Vortixx as he sat by the counter and shrugged.

"Bear it is," he said, turning around and taking a mug from the shelf. "That will be 20 widgets, money in advance, please."

Sirius gave him a grin.

"But of course, friend," he put the designated sum on the table, "whatever suits you".

Tender shrugged again and gave Vortixx his beer and then took the money.

Sirius took a sip. Beer was very appropriate at the moment: it was fresh, it was tasty, it cleared a mind a bit.

After few minutes and another couple of sips, sailor addressed the barkeep.

"Tell me, good friend, where can I find a good desert guide or a caravan that will lead me to Onu-Koro?"

"Let me think," Po-Matoran became thoughtful for a millicycle, but then looked at Vortixx again. "I don't think you're gonna catch any today. Most of guides are currently out there doing their jobs, and it's unlikely for them to get back until the dusk, as for caravans, I haven't seen any today."

"Well, that's a pity," Sirius sighed. "Then I must find an inn. Any suggestions, good friend?"

"As far as I know there's only one inn," barkeep shrugged. "And it's at the opposite corner of the square."

"I see," Vortixx became silent. He slowly finished his beer and stood up. "Farewell, good friend. Let your profits reach the heavens!"

"Whatever."

Sirius took his hat and limped outside. He made a look around, spotted the inn barkeep was talking about and headed there. He stumbled across the group of Mask-folk at the entrance led by an energetic female in Great Kualsi and almost collided with her as she's turned to her companions.

"Excuse me, good lady," he addressed Melna, "but next time I strongly suggest you be more careful: I almost knocked you down."

There was no anger on his face. He was completely friendly and even smiled to her.

OOC: Sorry, Mugbearer, didn't notice until just now

Welcome to the BZPRPG, by the way :)

IC: Melna (Po-Koro)

"Oh, no, no," Melna replied, even as she turned to regard the Vortixx that'd suddenly popped up, "It's no problem. But thanks for the heads-up"

Had the circumstances been different, Melna would've jumped at the chance to get to know the Vortixx. It was clear, given his rugged appearance and attire, that this Vortixx had a story or two to tell, which Melna was usually all about.

But at the moment she had a lot of other things on her mind, so she merely gave him a polite nod.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"I remember most of it, my brother. Some details were lost, but I remember the important facts of my being, the names, the places. You see, I washed upon the shores of this isle several decades ago. I had no memory of my past, but had a certain charisma with Rahi beasts. I struggled in the early years, trying to make ends meet, but eventually, I established a circus. A circus grander than any seen on Mata Nui."

His face had a certain lost expression, like the memories were painful. But the tone in his voice was casual, and natural.

"For over five decades, I traveled the island, delighting children, and frightening their parents. I, the Ringmaster, personally trained each animal, from Ussal crabs, to Brakas monkeys, to Ash bears-even a Muaka cat. I saved them from guardsmen, trying to fight their useless battle with Makuta, purged them of Makuta, and reduced their temperment to that of housepets. That was one of the more lauded achievements of that act, mind you."

"I also recruited those cast out by society, those considered freaks. I genuinely befriended them, fed them, paid them. Gave them a home in exchange for them acting in my shows. We were like a closely knit family-not as close as the Brotherhood, mind you, but close. It was a chaotic, albeit fun life. I was rich, could afford the finest close, the finest suits, the finest liquor. Decadent, wasteful, sinful, that part. But the heathen that was me loved it so."

"But all that is times past, gone, and rightfully so. I am living a holy life, now, one free from the evils of decadence and drink. Here, I can live a quiet life, among men and women I count as family. Gone are the squabbles and pettiness of the old world. Gone are Mata Nui and Makuta, politics and greed. How rewarding it is, to be upon a crusade vested upon us a by a spirit of our own. I assure you, Sir Jaaku, you shall love this organization as much as I once the years pass."

IC:

Jaaku frowned in consternation, as Larikon answered his question - the way that Larikon had understood it, anyways. He waved off the last couple sentences that were directed towards him, speaking up again.

"I apologize for not making myself clear, but I didn't mean what you did, or anything such as that; I mean who you were as a person, your values, your thoughts, your personality." He sighed. "While your actions and occupation may have had an effect on what I was asking about, I care much more as regards your actual self, not what that self did. I care more to know about how you changed as a man, than about your change of occupation, from sinful to holy."

profiles i guess

Larikon took no offense.

"I was a man-about-town, in many ways. I liked good drink, to bet in Ussal races, to spend money on excessive clothes, jewels and blades. I liked to attend parties, wow my guests with small Rahi I trained to do tricks. Sin, excess, the life of a self-made gentleman. Aside from that, I was inattentive really to the war around me, to the Mata Nui all worshipped, to not much but my circus, my friends, and my pocketbook. I loved, I lost, like the others around me."

"I valued profit, aesthetics, and love. But greatly so, determination. I believed it was my sheer determination that got me in my position. And that it would be determination that would lead me higher and higher. I believed in gimmicks and profits, always looked for the best deal, and ways to increase my wealth and status. In regards to love, I loved many things back then, my Rahi, my performers, my status..."

He didn't mention her, the voice, the mysterious woman in the flashbacks and nightmares. No, too painful, too unknown.

"My thoughts had little care, little concern for such things as destiny or faith. I didn't care who would win the war, if the Turaga died, or any such matter, as I said before. I was in a state of blissful ignorance, in all truth. Very blissful ignorance. Conversion was a long journey, but it made me lose the burdens and unnessesary wants of heathen life. It made me give up the greed, the blissful ignorance. I learned from it that I didn't need gold or drink to live a good life, that I needed Ak'rei'an, and his Brotherhood. I became a better man through the trial and pain, I became enlightened. I know it in my heart, Sir Jaaku."