BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Korru (Doughnut Stand)

Korru took a break from the madness of his eatery consumption to see Prei come by.

"Figured you'd show up sooner or later" he said, smiling with a hint of cunning glinting in his one normal eye.

"It wouldn't be like you to pass up on doughnuts"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Day

Day had begun picking at his food, starting with his bowl of porridge. It didn't taste very good, what with its watery consistency and dire need for honey or sweetener of any kind, but he ate it anyways. There wasn't much else apart from that, which mostly consisted of some berries, yogurt and a small glass of juice.

He admitted, the whole breakfast in bed thing felt a little odd. More than a little actually. He wasn't used to waking up to...anyone, really, especially not Melna of all people. This was a first. Maybe it was just an act of kindness on her part, though if anyone needed that at the moment, it was Lux.

Which beckoned the question.

"Where's Lux?"

"I'll have to take your word on that" Korru replied as Prei took a seat with him, "personally I was just under the impression that they're really tasty"

IC: Melna (Po-Koro Inn)

"I tried waking him up, didn't work, so I figured I'd let him sleep a little longer. Only fair to him" Melna replied with a furrow of concern.

Her voice was more... mellow, than usual, the high energy now absent as she tried her hand at something she wasn't really known for, being serious:

"Day, you probably know Lux better than me, I think you both know each other better than I know either of you... do you think he's gonna be okay, are you gonna be okay?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Noka

Without looking directly at Khervos, Noka scowled. "It's not that simple. The world isn't as black and white as you might like it to be, Khervos." She summoned the courage to look him in the eyes, attacking him with her fire. "He's my grandfather. He raised me from birth, something my parents never seemed to be able to care to do. Everything he does is because he cares about me and wants the best for me, even if I may not agree. It's not exactly like he knows any other way to keep me disciplined. He's my grandfather, Khervos, he's my own flesh and blood. You think I'm going to leave him, a senile old man, to rot away on his own?

"That's why I haven't told anybody. That's why nobody needs to know - because they will all make the exact same assumptions and jump to the exact same conclusions as you, all blind, stupid, stupid-" she broke down into sobbing, covering her face and dropping to her knees as the sand before her was speckled with dark patches where her beads of sadness struck.

The questions hung in the air as Day moved onto his berries, popping a few in his mouth and chewing in thought. He wasn't really up to having this conversation first thing in the morning, the subject still felt very delicate yet it was right up in his face and he couldn't avoid that forever. It would just make things worse.

"I don't think he will," he began, right before topping his honest answer with another typical lie. "but I'll be okay."

His fingers searched for a few more berries, but all they touched was the bottom of an empty bowl. The yogurt disappeared in a matter of seconds and he downed the rest of his juice in one go.

"How are you holding up?"

Edited by TX Wade

Day was as enigmatic as ever, and the fact that he seemed content not discussing his own problems further didn't help matters. She decided to appease him for now, but she wasn't about to let this go.

"I'm okay, yeah. Last night ended better than it could have... but now this same morning we're all right back to brooding again"

"All this is not really what I was expecting, but at the same time I don't feel giving up is worth it. Colx didn't teach me to be a quitter"

She sighed, tossing the apple core in the nearby waste bin impeccably.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Glad to hear it." he said simply, not wanting to pursue the topic any further. Instead, he opted for a different subject entirely.

"You never told us you could sing." he stated, unsure on how to follow up with that. A compliment was in order, though he fumbled trying to find the right words. 'Amazing' felt too strong but 'good' felt underwhelming.

Finally, he settled on something.

"Impressive."

"Sure I did, remember that little ditty of mine back in Ta-Koro? "Over Mount Mangai... something", and then we talked about band stuff" she replied.

"But I'm glad you enjoyed it, it's not something I do often, but it's happened before."

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Korru (Dougnut Stand)

Korru had finished his own, and was already contemplating stealing some of Prei's, he was still hungry.

The giant Lesterin looked over the crowd, as usual noting that he drew curios glances because of his incredible size. To call Korru a giant wouldn't really be an overstatement from the right perspective, like for example if you were a tiny Matoran.

"Nice day" he remarked nonchalantly as his telescopic lense zeroed in threateningly on one of Prei's doughnuts.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Khervos

(Po-Koro):

Khervos kneeled beside Noka, though he avoided appearing too intrusive of her personal space. "I understand", he began. "Maybe not to the extent you do, but... I know love makes you tolerate much, even if it hurts you. But you also need to consider your own safety and liberty. The same's happening with Kuhrin, isn't it? You know him and what he has become, but you want to find something different in him. This is not a bad thing, but it does mean that your view on his character is not entirely impartial."

Khervos offered a handkerchief. "You must understand that finding Kuhrin means much to many people who have lost a loved one because of him."

IC: Ardoku

"Umm, you know, I think we both agreed to head to Po-Koro together - I didn't make the decision for both of us." Ardoku put his palm to his face. "That's not what I..." He was interrupted when the vortixx continued talking. When Torvoth finished his speech, Ardoku sighed. "Yeah, you're right. You're absolutely right. You are one of the most insane people I have met, and yet..." Ardoku grimaced for a second, then continued "... yet you're not really a bad person, so to speak. At least... not to me." Ardoku looked Torvoth in the eyes. "You're crazy, but that doesn't have to be bad... all of the time, I mean, you were crossing the line back there... and back in Onu-koro... come to think of it..."

-----------

IC: Ior

The bold Po-matoran walked the streets of his home village. Ignorant as to where he headed (he often just drifted around the town, early in the morning). Eventually, he came upon... "A doughnut stand? Oh boy! Just what I need for breakfast!" Ior walked up to the stand, noticing a white and brown lesterin, and a toa of gravity present. Looking at the lesterin, he noticed the odd colouration of the being's armor, confusing him on what the lesterin's elemental affiliation was... he didn't really know anything about the species. "So... what? Are you ice, or stone?" He said as he munched on one of his doughnuts.

Edited by Toa Onaku

"Yeah, very nice day, the sun, the blue sky, the lovely smell of freshly baked doghnuts that waters your mouth in an instant..."

Korru was interrupted from his continuing quest for Prei'd doughnuts by a Po-Matoran joining them.

"I'm just as much Stone as you, Mr." Korru replied only very slightly peeved, he'd had to deal with people who didn't know his element before, Lesterin color combinations tended to be confusing like that.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Blast" Korru cursed inwardly as he discovered Prei had succeeed in keeping Korru from taking his doughnuts.

"I was never big on Kohlii myself, either, but I like watching it now and then" he said, unnecessarily loudly to cover for his growling stomach.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Korru (Dougnut Stand)

"What kind of trauma would that happen to be?" Korru asked, with just a hint of something sinister in his eyes. The large Lesterin's mouth twitched into an inconspicuous smile, as he leaned forward a little in wait of Prei's response.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Oh, spare me" Korru bit back, giving Prei a frown.

"But alright, if you wanna keep it to yourself I'm not gonna stop you" he said.

"I just don't think there's a whole lot that can match losing your partner in an accident"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Ior

The po-matoran felt that he had gotten a bit more than he bargained for. Trauma? Death? Ior should have known better than to start socializing with the bigger guys, they always seem to have some tragic backstory to them. He sighed, shrugged, and kept eating his doughnuts. Having noticed the lesterin's subtle attempt at stealing the toa's doughnuts, and thus deducing that the lesterin had a mighty need for more of the delicacy, Ior offered him one of his own.

"Ooooh, thanks" Korru beamed and snatched the Doughnut quickly before it disappeared in his large mouth.

Stillness reigned for a while, before a massive, rumbling burp erupted from Korru, shaking the table and bathing the other two in bad breath and spitdrops.

The Lesterin patted his belly in satisfaction.

"Oh, yeah, that's the stuff"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Farzan (Tech Expo)

"Well, from my perspective you're still pretty big, and certainly a Skakdi, but bad? Yeah I'll have to concede you that one" I replied with a nod. Kreff cooed in satisfaction as Stralix patted him.

"I guess I'm one to talk, I'm certainly no Helpless Matoran who looks to the nearest Toa for protection."

I said this as I started occupying myself by embodying my own stereotype by polishing a gear with an oily rag, because sometimes subtext can go to Karzahni.

"By the way, have you met the guy who runs this thing yet? I haven't seen the slightest hint of him all day"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Torvoth

Torvoth chuckled mysteriously under his battered, black Kadin-helm. In response to the visible puzzlement on Ardoku's face, he gave a dismissive wave. "Oh, these little details, little details... Aren't you the least bit curious about why I am seemingly so loony? Not even one tiny bit?" He then chuckled some more. "Come on, isn't your ever-inquisitive Toa nature bursting to the brims with curiosity?"

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

"Don't even try to act like you know me, you don't." Ardoku looked out of the alley, at the sky over the wall. "To answer your question, I don't really care, so long as you don't cause trouble for me." Ardoku looked back at the vortixx. "We clear?"

IC: Torvoth

Under his Kadin-helm, Torvoth grinned from ear to ear. "I'm so glad you asked!"

In response to Ardoku's murderous glare, he said, "Don't worry, I'll keep it simple."

He coughed and began, "I can't remember if I've been acting a little weird forever or since a particular point in time. I don't talk about my past too much, so I sometimes even forget pretty big parts of it. However, the more I think about it right now, my overactive creativity might have gotten the worst when I left Xa-Koro."

He grimaced. "When I say 'left,' I mean it was destroyed and I was left floating on the wreckage of my own house."

Seeing the slightly surprised look on the Toa's face he nodded emphatically. "Oh, yes! At one point, I had a house on Xa-Koro. Nothing special, even by Xa-Koro standards, but I had a house where I could live and work - if anything, it's a zog of a lot better than my Onu-Koro shack. Speaking of which, I think I forgot to lock the door. But yeah, as I was saying, I had a steady job, a house that was more than one tiny room with a rickety door, and a place. My kind of scum and villainy. Now... Now I don't. 'Cause, you know what happened to Xa-Koro, right?"

Torvoth continued right on without even given Ardoku the chance to reply. "I'm pretty sure that I could get myself 'fixed' by some fancy mechanical apparatus, or some Toa with the Mask of Mental Something-or-Other. I mean, I'm certain that somewhere there exists a way to be made 'better', as in, less crazy."

The black-armored Vortixx inspected his fingers, looking for non-existent pieces of dirt and ignoring Ardoku's growing impatience. "But what do I have left to keep me going without that crazy part of me? What would I be living for? How would I be living? The answers to these questions may exist, but I don't think I want to know them. Without that solid nugget of inventive lunacy in me, I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be here to have this wonderful conversation with you."

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

When the vortixx finally finished talking, Ardoku had an expression of extreme impatience. "And then, just maybe, I would be in my bed back in Onu-Koro." He sighed. "Well, I'm gonna go to the inn we talked about meeting at. You know, when we were going to do our own thing, separate from each other?" Ardoku walked out of the alleyway, noticing the two toa from before walking past.

IC: Noka

Noka stared at the handkerchief for a moment as she listened and pondered his words. Perhaps a part of her didn't want to accept that the people she had loved could change. Was the grandfather she loved the same man as the Kutsan who abused her? Was the Kuhrin she had loved the same Kuhrin who had killed two people? Questions cascaded through her mind, desperately searching for some kind of secure fact, but none could be found.

Kutsan, at least, had grown bitter with age. He had grown to hate the world that had been cruel to him, and was simply awaiting his inevitable death, when he would die alone and afraid. He was blind to those who loved him. Noka had stayed by him this long, and she wasn't going to give up on him now.

At last, she reached out and took the handkerchief. "We're going back inside," she told Khervos firmly. "And I'm going to tell my grandfather what I should have told him a long time ago."

"Right..." Day said, suddenly feeling awkward at his little memory slip. The moment didn't last long, and he slid out of bed, arcing his back as he stretched, arms eagle-spread though he still felt tense, nervous about confronting whatever the day had laid out for them. There was no plan, nor did he have the slightest clue of what they should do. Truth be told, he didn't really want to think about it. Optimism was never his forte.

"Ready to go downstairs?"

IC Khervos

(Po-Koro):

Khervos kept his mouth shut, despite the various objections he could think of against Noka's suggestion. Something in her voice had appealed to the detective and aroused hope that whatever Noka wanted to tell her grandfather would be benefital to all parties involved.

He nodded, following Noka and hoping Kutsan wouldn't attack them.