BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Akiri Hewkii

If the ussal riders had turned their gaze south before passing through Po-Koro's security and riding into the passageway through the great mouth of an enormous stone head – carved from the canyon face by Hafu long ago and Po-Koro’s only entrance – they might have seen the baggage train setting out across the desert. It would have been only a thin black line to them, but it would have been there nonetheless. A black line of skilled workers and carts on their way to Ihu-Koro. The mountain village was about to get new walls, and with the artisans were great containers of sand and baggage trains of sandstone and tools. Such was Po-Koro's end of a bargain Hewkii had agreed upon with the leader of the highlanders. It was not the first train of skilled artisans and sand to cross the Motara and clamber up the snowy mountain passes. The first had been several weeks back, and already the fruits of their labors and return of the agreements had become present in the armory of Po-Koro, for even as Hewkii left the headquarters of the Sentinels a fine weapon edged with rena ore was sheathed low on his left hip. Hewkii had never been one for tools of war, but leadership had taken its toll on the mind of the kohlii star turned akiri. The passing of Akiri Matoro had turned a vice into almost borderline paranoia, hence the two guards accompanying him, and now the defense of himself and his people were almost all that mattered anymore. He had even taken up swordplay, a thought that revolted as much as intrigued his athletic conscience.

On the back of a dikapi he traveled quickly through the open streets to the main market. The flightless rahi’s long legs bounced against the cobble, its long head bobbing comically. Hewkii kept the dikapi under control – not letting it burst forward as such rahi were prone to do – by keeping his feet firmly in the stirrups and his hands loose on the reins. Its wings wrapped around the outside of his calves, occasionally rustling or flapping away a pedestrian who came too close. Without incident he and his guard descended from the Sentinel’s command center perched halfway up the back of the canyon wall to the main market in the center of the small valley. The closer they came to the destination the more crowded the streets seemed to be. Sculptors and artisans pushed forward in great throngs to see the latest inventions, having been secluded in their “secret city” for so many months without word of outside development. It was the exposition of technology that drew the crowd, a welcome change for Hewkii who never enjoyed being the center of attention outside of a Kohlii game. Finally, as if crossing a mountain pass or a wide river, the small group made it.

“Mata-Nui…” Hewkii whistled after his brief exclamation. “I knew I gave the okay for this but I had no idea so many inventors would set up camp. See if they call me reclusive now." By they Hewkii meant his fellow Akiri. Luckily only his guard heard the words.

Fabric tents filled the entire market, a jumble of rows and competing prices where all technological advancements, from the most mundane to the most exotic, were showed like art pieces at auction. A great grin began to spread across his face as he beheld the event, his feet quickly finding the cobble as he hopped off the dikapi, gave the reins to a guard, and began to peruse the wares.

~

A ship sailed to the west of Po-wahi, marking her course by the mid-day sun. Her port of origin was Ostia, and now filled to the bilge with a grand assortment of tools suitable to a jungle environment she sailed with a lateen rig toward Le-wahi. Her captain had been charged to deliver his cargo to Akiri Kongu, as per an agreement, and the crew were in high spirits as they thought of the ale, the music, and the women of the treetop village. It would be a welcome break from the sunny northern coast, where golf in the sandy grasslands and fishing in the sapphire waters took up their leisure time. The tools were not the only cargo, however.

“The box is precious,” the captain remembered Akiri Hewkii having said to him with a face of concern. The box, as Hewkii called it, was hidden inside the the captain’s second best coat and tucked under the bed in his cabin, safe and secure. “Inside is a gift only for Akiri Kongu. The key has been sent by another route, so don’t bother trying to open it for a peek.”

Infernal locked boxes and secrecy, the captain thought as he swirled a crystal glass filled with golden liquid. Hewkii had been right about the merchant captain’s curiosity. He was a sentinel in the navy, but also a merchant marine, a supply man running errands for the burgeoning military machine and therefore often left without a full explanation for the materiel he ferried. When handed a box inlaid with precious pearl and locked with a clasp of rena ore shaped into the Three Virtues how could he not be curious? With luck, the Akiri of Le-Koro would reveal the contents in view of his eyes. Without the water to fully quench the fires of his curiosity the captain finished his drink and clambered to the main deck to perform his orders.

OOC: Sand, Materials, and stonemasons/sculptors sent to Ihu-Koro as per agreement with Kaithas. Superior tools edged with rena where the need may be along with the elaborate box for Kongu sent to Le-Koro as per agreement with Snoip Lion. Akiri Hewkii open for interaction at the Expo. Welcome to the Onu-Koro ambassadors?

Edited by Hatachi

IC:

The Warden shook his ponderious head slowly. "Jazek Rehn was kept alone and confined at all times, he had absolutely no outside contact at all. The only thing he saw was the cell walls around him. It just doesn't add up."

"He may have had outside help, heck, he had to have had outside help," The Skakdi continued, "Our best guess is that it was one of his associates, it's not uncommon for crime lords such as himself to have contingency plans for if they're ever captured."

"If you'd like, I can have someone show you to his cell, not a mark on it by the way, the door was just found open."

"Oh, and Kale, he left this," The Warden added, handing the written note to the Toa of Iron. In the light, it was hard to tell whether it was written in dark red ink, or something else...

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Kale Ironshaper- Ostia- Sentinel Prison

IC: Kale took the note, taking his time and reading it thoroughly. A cold, hard smile crossed his face as he spoke.

"It looks like he has found his challenger. I would appreciate it if you could show me his cell, you never know what a second look might find." Folding the note up he next comment had a thoughtful tone to it. "What were the bodies on the Sentinels like? Last I heard our quarry used a spear to do his killing, was there any sign that might point to if one was used?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Farzan (Tech Expo)

As swiftly as vinegar being jettisoned out of a high-pressure water boiler, I retracted the Wrist-Volo from within Lux's reach when a much more distinguished Kakama caught my eye.

"Well, mate, been a pleasure, but I believe opportunity has come a-knockin, and I better answer the door while the water's still boiling"

I shushed him out of the way as I called to grab the attention of the Akiri.

"Ahoy, sir" I called with cupped hands, "don't be shy, come on right ahead and feel free to peruse my humble collection"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

The Warden nodded, stepping out from behind his stone desk. The Skakdi made a motion to follow as he moved out of the door.

"No marks on the Guards to suggest any weapons of any kind," The Warden said as they walked down the hall towards the cell block. "Their necks were broken, quick, painless. you can talk to the doctor if you want to, he's over by the cell, we haven't moved the bodies yet."

They took a few turns deeper into the jail itself, the lack of natural lighting made it seem as though the walls themselves were closing in on the pair. Eventually, though, the warden came to a stop outside of a normal enough looking cell. A half dozen Sentinels were in the immediate area, all heavily armed.

"Kale's going to wander around," the Warden said to the guards, who moved out of the way to let the Toa of Iron into the cell. The Warden turned to leave, though stopped to look over his shoulder at Kale.

"Good luck," he said, before heading back to his office.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

After being called Akiri so many times in the past few months he at first misinterpreted the full-bodied gesticulating by the inventor as intended for someone else. Hewkii resisted the urge to point at his face, instead letting his fingers tap the muaka bone hilt of his sword before moving toward the stand with his hands clasped behind his back. The matoran's humble collection was more of a hodgepodge of doodads and gear-thingies, a junkyard to Hewkii's untrained eye in the art of arranging techno-marvels, but at least the athlete had the sense to understand there was undoubtably hidden treasure in technology before him. The two guards started to follow, but with a wave remained at the edge of the canopied tent.

"You certainly aren't from around here," Hewkii commented after a minute of silently examining several mundane artefacts. A flipping fusa caught his eye, but without the key to turn it he quickly moved on, this time with the advancement of Po-Koro on his mind. Finally he stopped, held up a particular item and turned to the matoran. "What is this? A gauntlet?"

OOC: That would be your little volo-luto thing.

Edited by Hatachi

"Yes, yes it is," I replied, the ocular enhancers on the right side of my face obeying their commands from the left side of my brain to zero in and analyze.

Hewkii was a well-built sort of fellow, well-fed, clean and of healthy constitution, an athlete's physique to be sure, but his expression was calm, wise, gentle.

All these things only served to emphasize how little we two had in common; a right-hand man of the late Turaga and sports star of island-wide renown as opposed to a s tinkerer from the rough end of Onu-Koro's gutters.

But you know what? There's poetry in that, something about the divides of class and society, about the constraints and expectations that we were all burdened with. Much like I was often burdened with the task of making explosions exciting.

"It's a wrist-mounted Volo Lutu launcher" I explained.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"A Wrist Mounted..." Hewkii repeated as he gave the gauntlet a closer look. It was metallic in color, with a few sheets of metal giving the tool a streamlined appearance. Indeed, with a proper inspection, he could see the head of the grappling hook buried under components and mechanisms. Slipping his right hand into the tool he tentatively flexed his fingers, getting the feel of the weight on his wrist and forearm. "How does it work?"

The Akiri was intrigued.

Edited by Hatachi

The Wrist-Volo fit neatly onto Hewkii's hand, like it'd always belonged there. Were I a religious man, I would've suggested it was his destiny to wield one, but that's about the cheapest sales trick I can think of, so no.

"You see that wire with a ring attached? Put the ring around a finger, and clench your fist to fire." I instructed, gesturing to the still undamaged Kinloka mask.

"Go ahed and knock yourself out"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: The first thing that Kale looked at were the bodies, necks at a strange angle showed what he just been told. No weapons, no powers were used in these deaths. Did Rehn's outside help kill them? If he did then the form of death did a wonderful job of telling an investigator very little. Anyone with enough skill could have done it, there was very little to even narrow down the race of the one who had done this.

Leaving the bodies, Kale moved in to the room itself. A quick scan of the eyes told him nothing, it was a cell like any other you might find in any koro jail. A more in depth search might turn up something, after all, even the best make mistakes and Rehn was not the best as evidenced by the fact that he had been in a jail cell in the first place. Very good and worthy of caution to be sure, but beings like him had a tendency to think themselves smarter then they really were. As if they could see ten steps ahead than the rest of the island.

Might as well see if I can narrow it down

The Toa of Iron's eyes closed, his breathing slowed and his posture relaxed. Slowly an invisible sphere grew around him as he reached out with his element, searching for any metal items that might be hidden from the naked eye.

What is that?

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Sirius

Vortix reached his sack and lend Stralix his iStone.

"This device is with me since I came to this island. Strangely enough, I have no idea what's inside, but I suspect that it's my own journal or diary of sorts. It's contents are protected, and I don't know, or rather don't remember the password," he rocked his head. "It seems, many foreigners end up on this island barely remember their own names, so I am not surprised."

IC:

As Kale reached out with his elemental power, he as first noticed nothing out of the ordinary, the cell bars, the metal reinforcements in the stone walls, the guard's armor and weapons outside. He could easily sense it all. Of course though, he wasn't interested in the ordinary.

Something strange floated just outside his sense, as if a small haze had positioned itself around him, circling his body. The Toa of Iron frowned, and deepened his concentration, focusing on the haze clinging to the walls around. Eventually, the haze came into focus, forming shapes that seemed all too familiar to Kale. And yet, he couldn't place it.

After a moment more of examining the shapes under his elemental sense, it came to him. The concentrations of metal weren't shapes, but letters. It was a message. A message addressed only to those who could sense it, one that only those of Iron or Magnetism could detect. It took a time for Kale to be able to decipher it, as he had not much practice reading with his elemental sense, though he could get the general idea.

If you've gotten this far, then perhaps you aren't as incompetent as I was lead to believe during my stay here.

Then again, I've been known to be wrong.

Oh what a fine mess I've made, don't you agree? By now you're searching for me like a blind Kane Ra stumbling off a cliff, plowing headfirst into everything around. Still, it'll do for you to actually make some headway, or else our paths will never cross.

Assuming you got my rather obviously placed message, I suppose you know about my Quest, though very little about it yourself. I suggest you take a visit to Ga-Koro then, their astrologers did a fine job of recording that particular legend. Pity you can't talk to the one that I did, she's rather... occupied... with death right now. Perhaps you can prove you possess at least some rudimentary skills, and find yourself a decent guide.

Until then, I'll be waiting.

Kale stopped, finding no more of the message. He opened his eyes, and leaned close to the wall he had just been examining earlier. There, on the stone face, was the small glimmer of a metallic dust, in a streak no thicker than the edge of a blade. Which had contained the entire message. It would have been entirely missed for not Kale's elemental power.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Kale smiled, it seemed like he had read this guy correctly. This guy wanted to have fun wile he ran around the island killing people. He did not just want a treasure hunt, no that would be too boring. Instead he wanted a race for the treasure, a test of wits and cunning. Until Rehn decided that he was done playing and killed his pursuers.

Or at least tried to.

Pushing away from the wall with the message on it he called to the Sentinels outside the cell as he once again focused on the metal fragments.

"I found something you might want to see."

As the Warden and a few other guards came in, Kale slowly started tracing the letters, the flecks of metal growing in size until they joined to form whole symbols visible to the naked eye. Finishing his work, the Toa if Iron stepped back, allowing the others in the cell to see his handiwork.

"Looks like he wants to play games with us. Well, I say let him try. I am not a toy for some psycho on a treasure hunt."

With the he made his way out of the prison, mentally composing his report to the higher ups on the way. It looked like the next step in the trail would lead him to the village of water. First he needed a few more Sentinels to help out. The Fowadi was already understaffed and Dehkaz was busy with another assignment leaving Kale in charge and the ship another hand short.

With a burst of his mask he made his way back to the docks where he quickly bought the needed materials and wrote up the report, adding that he was going to head for Ga koro in order to prevent Rehn from gaining a longer head start. After sending it off on a messenger bird he pondered the manpower problem for several seconds before noticing Prei nearby. Waving, he called over.

"Hey Prei, could I talk to you far a second?"

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: Famous last words Gear Director. :P

There was a dangling little ring just as the inventor had explained. It was copper, and as Hewkii slipped it over his middle finger he could feel the warmth from the day stored in the metal. A small strap he had otherwise paid little attention to on the inside of his forearm was promptly buckled. The leather on the inside was soft, mahi leather. Hewkii's kohlii stick was wrapped with the same material and the thought was comforting. As if he already knew a little bit about the machine he had stumbled upon not half a minute ago.

“Alright, then I’ll just point and pull,” he said as his stance widened, his body turned sideways toward the target, his arm rose with the precision of a machine, and his eyes narrowed. Hewkii had a knack for ranged things. The numerous times his name was chiseled into a plaque by the old kohlii stadium were a testament to the fact. Trajectory, weight, force, it all made sense after so many years of grueling training to him. He imagined the eclectic, demented, and somewhat disturbing totem-like target was the center of the goal and made a fist.

His shoulder rocked backwards from the explosion of force as the grapple flew true, the chord hissing like a snake through the air until the hook bit home in the center of what Hewkii had decided was a face. He felt the tension on the line, the slack almost nonexistent, and then suddenly wondered, “How do I retrieve it? Just make another–"

He never finished his sentence, since he had made a fist to test his theory before completing the question and instead found himself rocketing across the space and plowing directly through the dummy. He heard the shouting of his guards, and a stupid smiled slipped over his face as his vision gave way. Hewkii, kohlii champion and leader of an entire wahi, had been knocked out by a single metal thread.

~

When he could see again Hewkii found himself with a pounding headache. His guards were rushing to draw him up from his tangled mess where the volo-luto had tied both target and user into a kingdom knot of existential proportions. Apparently he'd only been out for a few seconds, but the thought of being unconscious for any length of time was embarrassing. You were only allowed to be unconscious when you blocked a whizzing kohlii ball with your face to stop it from going in the goal, but even that was pushing it.

“I’m fine, fine.” Hewkii heard himself slur, although he could taste a bit of hot, metallic blood inside his mouth. Getting his kanohi around the next few words he pronounced them properly. “I just got ahead of myself is all.” He tried to stand, a comical sight, but finally regained his composure as the chord was pulled off of him by the sentinels.

"I guess I took your words literally."

IC: Prei

I brushed off the woman I had met weeks prior at a doughnut stand, focusing all my attentions on Kale. We were not exactly highly familiar with each other, but the other man's ... notoriety as somebody who served on the Fowadi I knew. He was a competent guardsman, and if he wished to speak to me, then I would follow.

"What is it?" I ask.

Kale Ironshaper- Ostia

IC: "You hear about that prison break? Well I have a lead to follow up on in Ga-koro. The only problem is that the Fowadi barely has enough crew to sail around the port currently. I need more crew members for a journey that long. Think you could spare a few weeks to fill one of the spots?"

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I'm not going to pretend like I've ever been particularly respectful of authority, quite the opposite, in fact, if I find something laughable, I will laugh and you can only dream about stopping me from following my own base urges to publicly ridicule you.

So I laughed, my chest shaking like a Le-Koronan drum, as I struggled to give Hewkii a coherent answer.

"I'll, he he, I'll sa... hahaha... I'll say"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

At first the laugh upset Hewkii, but soon his good natured humor won out and the po-matoran found himself letting out a hearty chuckle. His hand went up to his head as a second wave of pain rushed through. Had he really given himself a mild concussion? Or maybe it was the sunlight streaming through the fronds of the tall palm tree overhead. He looked back at the scrawny black and silver inventor with the glimmering yellow eyes.

"I don't think I caught your name," Hewkii stated as he walked back into the tent, a fist held out in greeting. "I am Hewkii, Akiri of Po-Koro."

Edited by Hatachi

OOC: Black and Yellow? Might wanna reread that profile :P

"Farzan," I replied, spending a couple of seconds blinking cluelessly before morphing my hand into a fist to meet with Hewkii's. It had previously been open for a handshake, but clearly Akiri Hewkii thought such a gesture beneath him... or maybe above him, one could never know for sure.

"And this is Kreff" I supplanted, finally acknowledging the chittering Ussal as he peered at Hewkii with curious eyes.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Sorry I read that description and suddenly rap stole my imagination. XD I edited the post to better reflect Farzan's "true colors." :P

"Kreff eh," Hewkii said as he stared with mild interest at the ussal. "Seems like you trained your pet well. Well, in all I have to say I've found this wrist mounted volo luto to be, shall we say, a knock out. Would you have any interest in working for me? I've begun hiring a small division of inventors and tinkerers and I feel this device makes the cut. Would you be able to, say, make a hundred of these? Do they work with toa and larger beings as well? It's not everyday I stumble across something that interests me in the way of technology. I'm unfortunately old school you could say, but I do appreciate a great idea when I see one. The world is progressing after all, and well, I guess I have to move with it."

He paused, suddenly realizing he'd been thinking aloud and Farzan's gaze had begun to drift elsewhere, specifically to the crossbows on the guards' backs. With a small burst of inspiration Hewkii continued. The devices had been designed by Lenat, the lanky vortixx who had found his way onto Hewkii's payroll due to his superior insights on how things worked, specifically how tiny things that killed people worked.

"You don't happen to like blowing things up, do you?"

Edited by Hatachi

Knock knock

Who's there?

Opportunity

Opportunity who?

Opportunity's come a-knocking, you dolt, now get your priorities straight.

I zoned back in, studying Akiri Hewkii for a while as I answered his questions.

"Well, I'd appreciate some help if I were to make a full five dozen of 'em, and while I haven't yet perfected a model for larger beings, I'm working on it right now"

Work for the Sentinels, work for Akiri Hewkii... this was almost too much. He seemed like a very agreeable fellow, and Po-Koro was inarguably less claustrophobic than Onu-Koro, but still...

Then he asked the most important question of all.

"Do I like blowing stuff up? Yes, yes I do"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

A grin blossomed across Hewkii's kanohi. It didn't last long, but it's size made up for its short duration. His hands had returned to behind his back by then, and his head bobbed with a grateful nod. "Then I'm sure you'll make a fabulous contribution to Po-Wahi. When you're done for the day come visit me in my office, we can talk about the details of your job there, and I'll introduce you to your boss. He's a sociable enough man, although sometimes I get a sore neck from having to constantly look up at him. I'm sure the two of you would get along well. Do you have lodgings? If so, cancel then." Hewkii waved his hand dismissively. "You'll have an apartment near your work with a stable for Kreff. I'm sure a studio would be enough space for a matoran, but would an adjacent workshop for your own personal tinkering help?"

Edited by Hatachi

"I don't have any lodgings, I just sleep here in my tent" I said in a carefree manner, tactfully omitting to mention how sleeping in a dark corner with the grainy sand grinding against your back was kind of a step up for me.

Which was another thing, this might be just what I needed. Onu-Koro had really just been my home by convenience, but what was it that actually tied me to it? Nothing, no family, no friends, no possessions or property, just memories and a haphazard set of useful skills.

I had come here to give my upcoming workshop a reputation, but what reputation could be better than the approval of an Akiri, in the flesh?

A fresh start, a second chance.

I looked at him.

"A workshop would be nice, nay, essential"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Kale Ironshaper- Ostia

IC: "Good. Grab what gear you are going to need and head to the ship. I need to recruit a few more crew members."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Kale Ironshaper- Ostia

IC:Nodding to Prei, Kale moved away already thinking about what to do next. That was one down, he needed a few more crew though. Deciding to just go the simple way, he jumped up on a nearby crate and called out.

"I need several new crew members for the hunt for a criminal in Ga-koro. Anyone interested?"

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: "Gray" from Onu-Wahi

IC: "Gray" (Wastes)

As the terrain beneath the soles of her feet shifted from soft and clumpy to harsh and grainy, she blinked against the sunlight peering down from the swirling horizon, the terrain around her a blur of brown and tan as far as the eye could see. She was not lost, however, she knew her way in this terrain, having been forced to vacate properly mapped areas of the island many years ago.

On the horizon, her sharp eyes latched onto the contours of buildings in the distance, her speed driving her rapidly closer... until she stopped abruptly, kicking up a trail of sand as she braked, deactivating her Kakama.

She took a deep breath as she looked at the outline of what she vaugely remembered was a Po-Koronan port settlement. She didn't know where to start, so this place could probably do about as well as any other.

She'd been thinking, if she wanted to earn the right to return to the life she'd left, she'd have to know what problems they were facing, she'd have to know what she could do to atone for her mistakes.

That meant venturing within their borders.

She shuddered at the thought... it had been so long since last time, and even now the prospect carried a forbidden aura in her mind, what if they saw her for what she was, and threw her out, or attacked her?

Another gust of wind brushed past, kicking up a small dust cloud that would eventually evolve into a sandstorm crashing against the foot of Mount Ihu, giving life to an avalanche that would echo with the roar of the mountain.

Her mind, however, was on something now sticking out of the sand near her, something in a plain, gray coloring that matched her own.

When she reached down and tugged at it, it turned out to be a ragged, worn cloak… with its owner still attached.

She recoiled in immediate shock, taking several steps back, eyes widening at the sight of a victim of the desert’s cruel kiss.

She considered this turn of events, slowly nudging the cloak off the cadaver and feeling it in her hands. It was a roomy, all-covering type, with a hood as well.

A disguise…

Taken from a dead man…

The Great Spirit giveth and the Great Spirit taketh away. Her eyes closed for a moment as she gave the unfortunate traveler her silent respects before she slipped his cloak on, obscuring her features as she made for the settlement of Ostia.

Upon arriving, she was already drawing looks… did they see already?

But no, it was because of her weapon, one of its bladed ends peering out from beneath the folds, bearing witness of her first deed… her victory against one of Makuta’s sons.

She was not attacked or called names, she was simply observed, which was probably even more unnerving, it only served to remind her how she didn’t belong here.

The Town Square. This, she remembered, was a place of news and calls to action, and one such call was in the middle of being issued.

“I need several new crew members for the hunt for a criminal in Ga-koro. Anyone interested?"

There, that was it, her first chance had presented itself.

She raised her hand.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Kale Ironshaper- Ostia

IC: Looks like he had a volunteer already. The end of a rahkshi staff poked out from under a large grey cloak. The cloak was so large that it covered the beings entire figure, Kale was having trouble even finding a face beneath its folds.

Hopping down from the crate he walked over to the figure, silently evaluating them. The presence of a rahkshi staff could mean several things. If they had obtained it through combat with one of the beasts then the Toa of Iron would be glad to have them on his ship. However, there were a couple hundred of the things floating around the island from the Rahkshi Assault. They could have bought or stolen it. The cloak also whispered hints about the figure. It was a common way to hide a person's identity if nothing else was available. On the other hand it could simply be protection from the harsh desert sun. All in all it was hard to tell much about the figure from simply looking at them.

Reaching them he simply asked, "May I know your name?"

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: "Gray" (Ostia)

He was a paragon of virtue where he stood, emerald eyes peering out from beneath the same mask she herself wore, his silver armor blinking in the sunlight like a lantern.

She took one deep breath, glowering with anxiety as she called upon her powers, producing the intonal, artificial voice she used to communicate.

"I am called Gray"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Kale Ironshaper- Ostia

IC: The voice caught him off guard, it was not like any he had heard before. Never the less he was hardly going to let a bit of an oddity stop him from letting somebody on the ship. If that was the case then half the "current" crew would have been long gone.

"Well Gray, welcome to the crew. You can go get any gear you might need and then head to the Fowadi. It's the large metal clad warship in the harbor."

He reached out with the obvious intention of shaking Gray's hand.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: "Gray" (Ostia)

A handshake, a gesture implying agreement or acquaintance, in this case the former, which she could do, but the latter was out of the question.

She shook his hand gently, carefully and quickly, before her hand regressed within the folds of her cloak again.

She wasn't going to need any gear beyond her current possessions, so she followed his directions.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Kale Ironshaper- Ostia

"I need several new crew members for the hunt for a criminal in Ga-koro. Anyone interested?"

IC Merla

"If you're taking in people from the general public," the robed Toa spoke, "Then I'm interested." She took a step forward towards Kale, waiting for him to finish whatever business he needed to take care of and address her.

Kale Ironshaper- Ostia

IC: Turning from Gray to the new Toa Kale replied.

"Wonderful, I'm Kale Ironshaper. What do you go by?"

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Kale Ironshaper- Ostia

IC: "Well then Merla, grab what gear you need and head for the big armored ship moored in the harbor. Tell them First Mate Kale hired you and they should let you on board."

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: The Po-Wahi sun had wilted away the vigor of many a traveler, but Gavarm had yet to see an Ussalmatoran threatened with that fate. As a matter of fact, he observed, his squadron had met every goal thus far set before it. But their mission was not over. And who knew when it really would end? He was acutely aware of mortality with that thought. He had read on the science of the desert; even when a being had died in the arid barrens, it might still be preserved long after it had stopped functioning. The theory went that the sweltering temperature and the absence of hydration desiccated the expired into the brittle statues observed when the mummification was through. It was all remarkably similar to a similar process that bodies lost in Ko-Wahi underwent. In that way, he supposed idly, the wastes had more in common than just their lack of foliage and aridity. They both killed while immortalizing the defeat of anyone who failed to adapt to their conditions. Some said the world would end in fire, some said in ice. Gavarm thought either would do just fine.

There were other things to do now than think, though. Halting the march before the Fe-Toa who spoke of a criminal hunt, he saluted, dragging a half-lidded glance over the evident First Mate. The Matoran was well aware that it was not often a military called for assistance of any sort. Gavarm guessed that the business here might thus be of the import necessary to justify its inclusion in his current mission, so it followed that he would join forces with the Sentinels. He merely had to ensure that all was as he expected.

"Sal-you-tay-shuns, officer. Whaht criminul are ya talkin' about?"

Edited by Kamina

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness.