BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Farzan (Po-Koro)

"Then we can see ourselves about getting to know this town together, eh? I only just came here yesterday. As a Toa you wouldn't leave a defenseless Matoran to brave the city alone, would ya?"

OK, I know that "defenseless" is far from an accurate description of me, but cut me some slack, I'm trying to guilting people into befriending me here.

What? I'm trying something new.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Ra’lhen – Po-Koro

“You look like you could weather the Po-Koronan hustle if you needed to. No need to guilt me,” Ra’lhen said with lighthearted grin that implied that he was not bothered, “After all, I have an entire town’s worth of folks like you to protect now. But as friends, it’d be awesome to have someone to exchange droll observations with while touring the town square. 

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

"You know," I muttered as I cocked my head back to catch a glimpse of the two Toa, the scopes on my mask whirring as they sank into my mask to widen their viewable area.

"These things could make for some real snazzy sunglasses with the right adjustments, don't you think?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Ra’lhen – Po-Koro

Ra’lhen conjured a mental image of Farzan’s suggestion and it almost made him snicker – sometime like that would have looked horrible in the Toa’s opinion. While Ra’lhen hardly considered himself a fashion guard, he did internalize some of the philosophies and beliefs from his wealthy friend Wokapu. Sunglasses were supposed to be suave. Aesthetics mattered more than effectiveness. Of course, the Kanohi Akaku naturally went against everything the concept of ‘style’ stood for. Its design was all function.

The jury was out as far as whether those counted as shallow observations.

“I probably wouldn’t buy one, but hey, whether keeps the sun out of your eyes, right?” Ra’lhen said. 

"Do I detect skepticism" I called as I turned around, allowing me to bear down on them.

I reached into the pile and fished out something that glimmered in the sunlight, something made of glass.

As I affixed it to my one eye not covered by a big lens grid, it became clear to the what it was... a monocle.

"I'll have you know, my good man," I began, my voice taking upon it a noticeable british Ko-Koronan accent, "that I find it very likely that you will very soon have to eat those very badly chosen words"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"You can call it a case of different strokes for different blokes, my friends" I replied indifferently as I swung around again, to see that we had arrived.

"Alright, that's a wrap, thanks you two" I said as I slid off, with an accompanying drizzle of machine parts and widgets/gears.

"Come by tomorrow and maybe the shop's open, I'll have some wares to browse"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Lenat- Farzan's Hut- Po-koro

IC: The door of the hut swung open, a force from the inside pushing it open. Poking his head out Lenat saw the new arrivals and smiled.

"Ah Farzan, I see you got some help moving your stuff. They have yet to put a lock on the door here so I figured I would let myself in. Need any help setting up?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: "You sly devil."

Tera looked down at the dead soldier and smiled slightly, then closed her eyes and turned her elemental attention to the stone around him, then the walls of the cave, looking for something she knew was there...

"To answer your question, Telne," she responded, "I have seen this key, or one a lot like it, before. I own one, actually."

And, there it was. A cubic gap in the stone wall.

"It's the key to the storage location of a sentry captain's log, which would be riiiiiight-"

The Captain stepped toward and put her hand on the wall, parting the stone and revealing a metal box with a brass lock behind it.

"Here."

The key fit perfectly.

IC:

Inside the box were the typical personal effects of a Sentinel captain - a few widgets with the coinage of Pohatu on their front and a Kolhii ball on their rear, another flask identical to the first, a small bag of some hard, ivory-like substance, and...jackpot! A wider smile split Tera's face; she had found the captain's log, and poured her full attention into it searching for anything of use. The first recollections of his patrol were average, with happenings largely known to Tera herself, either through what prior experience she had or through prior reports from the Dark Walk. Then, starting with entries marked seventeen days ago, things started getting interesting. Another three missing Sentinels, it said, in the captain's chicken scratch scrawl. None returned. Going to collect the men tonight, demand a stop to the patrols. Lost too many men. Received too few letters from the other outposts. Wondering if... 

She had to turn the page there, but what she saw was of much less interest. From there the tedium became less pronounced, but the captain's words became darker, more exhausted; from the looks of things his already chaotic writing was more and more hurried, almost under duress. The pages began to flip themselves, it seemed, under Tera's lightning quick hand.

Men coming back with swords, masks, Rahkshi armor, but acting oddly about--

--Dikapi won't even go further into the Walk anymore, even with Sentinels--

I'm not receiving any more word from the two outposts up front. I know I said no patrols, but...if there's something out there...might lead myself. Will talk with the remaining men of sound mind [another two ravers tonight, talking about the Walk swallowing them whole, talking about Makuta's ghost in the walls. They're in the med bay with the others. Artifacts have been quarantined.] and come back with decision...

And then, three days ago.

Tar Lee came back tonight, whole and hearty - as whole and hearty as the lad ever gets. Said the outposts were ravaged and most of the men had disappeared. Two corpses - one took himself out, from the looks of it, and the other was found with a sheet of paper and a few scraps of ivory. Tar Lee wouldn't cough up the sheet of paper, and the boy looked like he was fit to die too, but when pressed he finally squeaked out that it was a drawing and showed us. Drawing attached.

The captain's words were clinical, but his prose was clearly shaky; whatever the drawing was, it had clearly disturbed him. Morbidly curious and heart racing, Tera turned the page.

With huge, angry eyes, a monstrous beast stared back at her.

-Tyler

Edited by Plank Sinatra
  • Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

The Rahkshi of Illusion, trapped in the center, found itself beset upon at both ends; the Ta-Matoran who had first noticed its ascension made for a spear thrust into its leg, but the spear was a long weapon that could easily entangle the user if they did not know how to properly maneuver themselves to amplify its reach. Dorgath, a fighter without much experience, fell into exactly this pitfall and made for a weak thrust while it thought the Rahkshi distracted. But Lux was hardly a distraction - the desperate Matoran plunged down on the Rahkshi with his sword drawn gracelessly. The creature was both lithe and strong, and its powerful legs allowed it to vault under Lux. The Po-Matoran fell down hard into Dorgath's spear thrust, and the weapon speared him through his right thigh. Lux cried out in pain and went down, but his injury was the easier one. The Matoran of Fire pulled the spear out frantically and went to move around Lux's downed form, but the Rahkshi had been given seconds to steady itself and it was more skilled with its staff; it whipped across the wall like a shadow and struck him in the side of the head. It would have sheared Dorgath's head in half had he not shied away, but he still cried out in pain as the staff's end drew a deep gash from the back of his cheek all the way to the corner of his lips.

The Rahkshi of Slow saw Melna dive at it, just as her companion Lux had - it waved its hand almost slothfully and then readied its staff to kebab the pretty Lesterin through her mouth and out her tailbone, but it roared out as a grenade, coated in obsidian, tore into its exposed face and exploded there. Propelled by machinery and sped up by Toa power, the crystal tore into the exposed Kraata, which oozed shadows as several of the fighters oozed blood. When it exploded, what remained of the ribbons were incinerated. Melna fell to the ground, scuffing her face, hands and knees but otherwise unharmed. Gyn had saved her life; the first of the Rahkshi was dead.

IC: Melna (Darkwalk)

Melna didn't lie on the ground for long, and refused to acknowledge her injuries, scratches like these were par for the course for someone who regularly engaged in physical activity. Yet still she chided herself for her glaring, nearly fatal mistake as her gaze was drawn to the anguished Po-Matoran.

Lux.

He was down, injured, nearly defenseless. She had to act while there was still time. The Rahkshi he and the other Matoran were fighting brought its might to bear on the Ta-Matoran, tearing up his face.

Her foot kicked against Lux's lightstone where he'd dropped it, and she stopped for a moment before she looked in the direction of the battle.

Melna would be coming at it from the side, spear in one hand and the lightstone in the other The darkwalk’s red gloom provided minimal lighting, it was hard to see right but her eyes were adjusting, and she could make out the rocky ground beneath her feet.

She squinted at a spot in front of the Rahkshi, vanishing into existence, before rematerializing there, the yellow crystal casting its light straight at the Rakhsi’s face, and drawing attention from the spear that was being thrust at its midsection.

OOC: Melna attacking Rahkshi of Illusion

IC:

The captain's words were clinical, but his prose was clearly shaky; whatever the drawing was, it had clearly disturbed him. Morbidly curious and heart racing, Tera turned the page.

With huge, angry eyes, a monstrous beast stared back at her.

IC: Korru (Darkwalk Enclave)

"By Artakha..." Korru whispered as he stared at the monstrous visage of a creature he had long thought a myth.

"I... I don't believe it, Artakha Bulls, they're... they're just a myth"

The Lesterin took a moment to compose himself before he continued.

"They... they were probably seeing things. Like the log said, ravers and all that, they probably didn't know what they were thinking even."

"But that doesn't explain what happened here..." He contradicted himself with a shudder.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Telne- Sentinel Group- Dark Walk- Dark Walk Quest

IC: "So were Toa of Light until recently, Captain. It would be best not to throw out any possibilities until we know more."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Lenat- Farzan's Hut- Po-koro

IC: The door of the hut swung open, a force from the inside pushing it open. Poking his head out Lenat saw the new arrivals and smiled.

"Ah Farzan, I see you got some help moving your stuff. They have yet to put a lock on the door here so I figured I would let myself in. Need any help setting up?"

IC: Farzan (Farzan's Workshop)

"Hiyas, Lennie," I greeted him as I picked up a few stray components, "fancy seeing you here"

"Well, I guess it could help if you tried being one of those walking advertisements. Y'know, wearing a plaque or something, that could work wonders"

"From a purely technical standpoint I'm fine, though, and I've got these, ah, fine gentlemen, here to help me out"

I unbuckled Kreff from the wagon's harness, and he chirped under his breath something fierce.

"Hey, you gotta admit this beats that crusty old tent. You've got a stable and everything now, too"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: (Ihu-Koronan Highlanders)

Smiley looked at Korru, then Telne, then Korru, then at the creature, and laughed. "I don't know if you've noticed, mate, but we're in a tunnel created by a bloody sentient shadow's minions who are slugs in armored suits. That monster right there... Not a stretch."

Diane, meanwhile, was staring into the darkness with her mask of Night Vision and attempting to keep watch.

IC: (Tera)

"Rider Captain Korru, if you have any idea what the capabilities of these 'Artahka Bulls' are, I need you to tell them to me right now."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Telne- Po-wahi- Dark Walk- Dark Walk Quest

IC: "It's an old legend Ma'am, very old. Talks about a creature much, much smarter than us with a nasty temper. I have heard that it looks like some sort of mix between a Kan-Ra bull and a Toa but I am somewhat skeptical of those claims. Some times they are also said to use a staff of the same kind as the Rhkshi. Aside from that the legend devolves in to the same fragmented stories and tales that probably have more made up ones than truth to them."

Lenat- Po-koro- Farzan's hut

IC: Opening the door fully and coming out, Lenat shook the Toa's hand while saying.

"Lenat, inventor, salesman, bit of a traveler. Nowadays I run the koro's Engineering Division. Which means that I am Farzan's new boss starting today."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Ra'lhen -- Farzan's Workshop in Po-Koro

Ra'lhen smiled with approval at Lenat.

"Sounds like you're quite the busy man," the Sentinel said, "It's a high honor to run the Engineering DIvision of this village. The farthest I've ever gotten is a weaponsmith"

Lenat- Po-koro- Farzan's Hut

IC: Lenat chuckled at the Toa's words.

"It's not quite as glorious as it sounds. Most of the time I sit in my workshop coming up with new inventions. The crossbow they issued you was one of them."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Lenat- Farzan's Hut

IC: "I was hired by Po-koro during the...slightly less dark times a few months back. Word of my inventions had reached them and they were looking to close the tech gap with Onu-koro. The Akiri was doing some reorganizing at the time and my talents helped me climb the ladder."

When he paused a grimace had crossed the Vortixx's face as he remember what it had been like.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Ra'lhen -- Farzan's Hut, Po-Koro

"Getting even a few of your ideas into the hands of Po-Koro's premier defense force sounds like an accomplishment worthy of glory to me," Ra'lhen insisted. He tried to think back to the times before that Akiri summit, the time that he assumed Lenat was referring to. The truth was, the Toa of Electricity had stayed clear of most of the villages for a long time after Toa Joske rescued him from the infection. 

"What were times... like back then?" He said, looking at Lenat's visage. He was also interested in the reason behind the Vortixx's expression.

IC: "I have lived in three of the different koro for extended periods of time at one point or another. The last thing I want is for all the friends I gained in my travels to start killing each other. It was one of the reasons I set up the Tech Expo. If people get together and talk, laugh and enjoy themselves it makes it that much harder for them to go to war."

Turning to Ra'lhen he replied.

"Very unpleasant. Once Makuta was gone and the Turaga were dead the koro found it difficult to work together the same way they once had. Onu-koro made massive jumps in technology and everybody else wanted as much of it as they could get their hands on. People started mistrusting each other and everything was falling apart."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: if there was one thing Gyn Kirsug did not want, it was seeing a good investment go to waste. Colonel Leli was definitely a good investment and, if her lonely sandwich twixt two Rahkshi was anything to go by, she was critically imperiled. Hanging back and picking more Rahkshi off just wouldn't do. Prioritizing her safety, followed by the vanquishment of her assailants, Gyn gambled.

"Ussalmen, to me!," he called, bolstering Patero in exchange for saperka. His fingers twitched to communicate a melee assault on the Rahkshi surrounding his superior. Spade held poised overhead to fall like a thunderbolt and feet kicking his steed to urge it on, he advanced for the Rahkshi of Sonics.

In the meantime, Aryll directed his steed to retreat. The lightning flying from his gauntlets towards the Rahkshi of Dodge, though, was anything but turning around.

OOC: Gyn is charging for Sonics and dropping the axe like it's hot on dat back. As well, I'm bunnying Aryll momentarily for a bolt or two at Dodge.

Edited by Mordor Vehicle

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Farzan (Farzan's workshop)

"Well, I very much was right up until now. Thanks to you my inspiriation continues to be nonexistent"

Another second, and my frown turned upside down.

"Ah, don't worry about it, It'll come to me eventually"

I quieted as I gave Rannin a closer look, studying his metallic limbs.

"How did you end up like that anyway?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Lux ~ Dark Walk Quest

Well isn't this just the best day ever, I thought as I lay on the floor of the Dark Walk in a pool of my own blood, with a hole in my leg that opened up on both ends. Yessiree, just the absolute ###### bestest.

I'll be straight with you here, I was certain that at that moment I was about as dead as dead can be. Downed, helpless, surrounded by Rahkshi that could and would tear me limb from limb in a heartbeat, my prospects for getting out of this tunnel alive were about as good as those of the floor magically becoming water. And, if my honesty can continue, in that moment I became really, oddly, calm. Despite my previous poetry about how I was pissing myself with fear at the prospect of squaring off against the Sons of Makuta, as I lay hapless on the cold ground, I was at peace. Maybe it was the knowledge that struggling against the inevitable was pointless, maybe it was the shock of my injury. Maybe it was the cold feeling of the Parakuka taking control of my mind and body.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that?

Any other time I might've fought it off, would've tried to keep my senses intact and morality strong. But I remembered the power that the slug had brought, both in the muscles of my body and in the single-minded will to survive of my spirit, and if I haven't made it abundantly clear yet in my pre-mortem narrations, both of these things could be very useful right now. Besides, even if it didn't help, I was about to die horribly in a dark tunnel in the middle of nowhere with a life history that cut off from four months ago and two love interests who were into each other. I really didn't care anymore.

I closed my eyes.

And then I opened them.

A rush of raw power flooded my muscles, and even the pain of my gaping wound felt infinitesimal compared to the might of my presence. My fear and inhibitions, like ink in the river, washed away, and I rose to my feet, unsteadily of course, but I rose. My senses exploded with new information, and where once I was blinded by the all-encompassing darkness, now my sight was expanded with new feelings; I could smell the cold metal of my blood-brothers and blood-sisters as they fought the Elementals and Spinebacks and Smokemongers. Who would win this conflict? A better question would be, Who cared? Euphoric in my God-given prowess, such concerns melted from my mind.

Of course I did care for my illusion-brother, who had led to wound me. I would deal with the culpable Matoran later, of course, but the rage in our heart towards this particular blood-brother was too strong to resist. Besides, he had the power to eradicate fair Melna, and we couldn't have that, now could we? A straight-on attack was contemplated, but even my prowess couldn't compensate for the fact that part of shared-heart was stricken with a fear built from the previous failure. I needed a better approach. I looked down at my claws.

Grin.

I leapt for the wall, my fingers digging into the stone. My leg throbbed, but I ignored like a minor setback. Claw after claw I scaled the tunnel wall, getting to the point where I was clinging to the ceiling itself. Eyes darted to my illusion-brother below. Right below.

I dropped from the ceiling. Twisted in mid-air so I my claws would reach his neck when we collided. Maybe his head.

Something would be rent, at any rate.

OOC: Parakuka!Lux falling onto Illusion with intent to rip and tear at the neck and head.

- - -

IC: Dally ~ Dark Walk Quest

Surprise surprise boys and girls; y'all hadn't forgotten about dear ol' Dally Stratos, had ya?

I'd missed the first round of fighting, but as I'd watched Kirsug down the first Rahkshi of the day and Leli get cornered by another two, I swore to whatever god an atheist could swear to in good faith that I wasn't gonna miss out the second. I charged straight into the fray, Obodo havin' been signalled to stay put in a safe spot, two throwing knives in my right hand. The Major was puttin' up one 'ell of a fight 'gainst those Rahks, but everyone knew it was a matter o' time before she slipped up and got cut up. Me, I wasn't 'bout to let that 'appen. Not on me watch.

I was circlin' round the two Rahks surrounding the Major, lookin' for a good opening to take down the loudmouth. I'd learned, both through the Ussalry's training and a few life experiences of me own, that in the head of a Rahk, you've got these slugs called Kraata, and if ya can kill 'em, ya can kill the Rahk itself.

I grabbed a couple of throwing knives. Welp, 'ere goes nothing.

I hurled the two o' 'em at the face of the loudmouth Rahk, hopin' beyond hope that they'd be able to take it out.

OOC: Dally taking on Sonics from long distance.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Very unpleasant. Once Makuta was gone and the Turaga were dead the koro found it difficult to work together the same way they once had. Onu-koro made massive jumps in technology and everybody else wanted as much of it as they could get their hands on. People started mistrusting each other and everything was falling apart."

IC: Ra'lhen -- Farzan's Hut, Po-Koro

Ra'lhen frowned. He had heard stories like that from passer-bys, but the confirmation from this man that the villages, bound by the Three Virtues, would become so competitive that they would truly turn against one another brought pain to Ra'lhen heart.

Still, he was hardly quality to pass any judgement; especially after the things he did. 

"That's insane. Praise the Great Spirit for guiding the Akiri and their people back to their senses. I had missed all of this, personally. I had spent that time in the wilderness, just getting a sense of myself and-"

Ra'lhen cut himself off. Here he was, in a hut with three people who, for once, knew nothing of his past identity. Why in the name of Mata Nui was he about to screw that up?

The Toa chuckled, "Basically, one could make the claim that I was living under a rock during this time -- some times literally"

Edited by Emzee

IC: (Komisk Runion)

The Ussalryman quickly recognized his futility in firing bolts at the Rahkshi, and tossed it aside- he couldn't have it weighing him down. With that motion he began moving forward, channeling his inner Kane-Ra as he charged the Rahkshi of Anger. The monster was distracted by multiple attackers, focusing on the other beings attacking. Just as it lifted its leg to kick Day, he was there with his Saperka, lifting his high over his head and hacking down on the beast's knee. The Rahkshi was tough, but with the force of Komisk's strike combined with the weight of the weapon, it would likely have a crippled knee.

If this worked, he would follow this up with a direct strike to the faceplate, where (hopefully) he could break his way into the Kraata's chamber.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Voulge

Voulge could not help but watch vail go ape*** crazy on Jang. Even the shotgun wielding vortixx could not help himself. However sadly for Voulge the vortixx snapped out of amazement first, and narrowed his eyes as the he aimed the shotgun at Voulge. Voulge heard the click and knew he did not have time to dodge the shot, though thinking fast he sent his control over metal out in a wave, not really focusing on any part of the shotgun, just looking to mess it up enough. And with a silent prayer he closed his eyes, futilely moving away from the shotgun, knowing it would do nothing to save him.  

Then the moment of truth, with a harsh click the shotgun exploded, bits of shrapnel was sent in many directions. Most flew harmlessly into the walls, while some made contact with flesh. One such piece found it's way into voulge's shoulder. Despite the now searing pain and blood, leaking from his wound, voulge dared to turn towards the vortixx, only to discover them on the floor, left hand looking to have been blown off, with bits of metallic bone sticking out from the wrist, while the other hand seemed to be missing a finger or two. 

While clutching his shoulder he approached the vortixx who now laid on the ground, in shock from the explosion. As he approached he bent down to pick up his discarded glaive and pointed it at the vortixx's throat

"You are going to answer some questions for my friend here, else we will make sure what life you have is only filled with pain. Do i make myself clear?"

The vortixx nodded. Voulge turned towards vail even as the blood from jang made it to voulge's feet

"Vail come over here and ask our friend some questions about who we are looking for."

-----------

In a corner of the warehouse Scuttles, the ussal, watched the ensuing fights. Eyes latched onto those he traveled with. He saw them as the alphas now, no longer as members of his pack, but the leaders. As the fight ended scuttles caught notice of the blood, slowly making it's way towards him. He tried to move away from it, only to slip on a bit of flesh that had traveled with the blood. Luckily scuttles did not fall fully but it was still enough for his 'face' to come close to the blood, and for him to unintentionally gain his first taste of non-rahi blood. 

He now made his way back to Voulge, desperate for the safety of the satchel Voulge wore.

Edited by VoxuChro

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Krazov.

Krazov frowned. No payment wasn't exactly good, but eh, wherever luck led him. He shrugged. He'd had worse jobs.

"Alright, whatever. Wherever luck leads me."

He looked at the other one, the Sentinel fellow. Seemed capable enough, he supposed.

"How about you, friend?"

Not really a friend, per se, but more like an aquaintance. But best to be friendly.

IC: Jokaro (Po-Koro)

Obviously this was getting nowhere. The Skakdi newcomer made the Po-Matoran uncomfortable, and, with him now distracting the Sentinel, Jokaro slowly and surely made his escape from this... tedious situation. Carefully sidestepping the two hulking Skakdi, Jokaro wormed his way along the wall until he was able to slip out of sight...