BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Jokaro (Po-Koro)

Well, he had to test it somehow.

But first, he'd need to make a couple more, just to be safe.

After scavenging around the kitchen garbage, much to the annoyance of the staff and the barkeep, and some quick purchases outside the diner, Jokaro found the materials he needed to make two more Hikaki's Breath grenades. 

Returning to the back room of the diner, he spent the next hour at work.

With all his tools and materials, including the remainder of the Mangai Peppers and the bottle of Jaga-Venom, put neatly away in his roughspun knapsack, Jokaro held two opaque mason jars - which held his other two Hikaki's Breath grenades safely and inconspicuously - and the first grenade in his other hand.

He peeked out the door to the main tavern area. Thankfully, the barkeep wasn't around, only a few people were seated close to the bar, but they were too occupied to notice Jokaro's meddling.

Stepping out behind the bar, Jokaro calmly set down the two mason jars on the bar's counter, before nervously pulling the pin and pushing down the handle of his grenade, before setting it on the floor.

Okay, Jokaro thought, grabbing his jars and proceeding to walk around the bar and out the front door, let's see what happens...

Just as Jokaro exited onto the streets of Po-Koro, there was a faint pop from the interior of the diner/bar, and the general din of the bar's occupants suddenly grew louder, more excited. 

And then there came the yells and coughs as a large billow of noxious gas flew out the front door where Jokaro had been standing moments before.

Those within the bad, clutching their eyes and throats, faces red and coughing like Jokaro had never seen a being cough before, started pushing and shoving their way out the front door to get at the fresh air on the streets, which the gas was still flowing into.

Jokaro could not help but to smile as his eyes grew wide and he shouted into the evening.

"YES! IT WORKS!"

And he let out a deep laugh.

Edited by Perpetual Darkness

IC: Jokaro

"Bah!" the Po-Matoran exclaimed, quickly turning. He hadn't noticed the Toa of Iron standing behind him. "You, uh, frightened me, there."

Jokaro accidentally caught a whiff of his concoction, and had a slight coughing fit as he fanned the noxious gas away and tried to stand upright.

"And, uh, -cough!- yes, that was me... uh, testing... something."

IC: "Yes, the Sentinels should be here soon. Oh, wait."

A Ga-Toa, blue armor stark against the sandy backdrop, stood with one gauntleted hand on her hip and the other holding a badge toward Jokaro. "They're already here. Or did you think you could tear gas my favorite bar in the city and get away with it?" she asked, smirking under her mask.

IC: "They're smarter, faster, and stronger than us. Fantastic."

Tera looked around, weapon still at the ready. "We know what happened to the outpost now, at least."

Edited by Infamous Ironic Iguana

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: "Yes, the Sentinels should be here soon. Oh, wait."

A Ga-Toa, blue armor stark against the sandy backdrop, stood with one gauntleted hand on her hip and the other holding a badge toward Jokaro. "They're already here. Or did you think you could tear gas my favorite bar in the city and get away with it?" she asked, smirking under her mask.

IC: Jokaro (Po-Koro)

Jokaro smiled as he laid eyes upon the Toa thrusting a badge in his face.

"No, actually, I never intended to get away with it." He nonchalantly dusted himself off. "Was hoping you'd show up."

IC: Ronah cocked her head slightly to the side quizzically. "Oh, why? Wanting to test out your grenades on actual, sober law[n] enforcement?"

Without looking at Stronin, she responded. "Since you're not carrying the devices in question and because I got within earshot in time to hear your entire conversation, I'm inclined to believe you."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Jokaro

"To be quite honest, I just wanted to make sure my devices worked in the first place. You know, for the science."

He coughed.

"But specifically to get your - the Sentinels' - attention. You've witnessed the effectiveness of this weapon first-hand, and I'm prepared to present it for you and your Akiri's consideration..."

Jokaro bowed the theatrically before the Ga-Toa Sentinel.

"...even if that means spending a night or two in a cell."

IC: Tyemek

It was morning now, and the cooing of the rahi birds outside Tyemeks window did little to ease his pacience. His head pounded from drinking from the night before and the whole room was still spinning. 

"Ugh", he grunted. "Must be getting old"

He had stayed drinking for a few hours after the Skakdi, Ngaru, had gone to his own room in the inn.

The Toa of Water sat up from his bunk and rubbed his forehead. 

Water... I need ...water.

Yes. Tyemek could indeed swallow a whole nova blast of water at this moment. He got a glass and with great effort managed to squese out a little water, using his elemental energy. He smiled and downed the water in one.

Now to find Ngaru... Riiight after I have another glass.

Edited by Cee Matrix

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

IC (Tupua):

The desert was a dry canvas, stretching from his feet to the horizon and beyond, as far as his eyes could see - and they could see far on this day. The painter had used a rough brush and taken it to the canvas with forceful strokes, using contrasting colours. His shades encompassed almost all varieties of tan, with spots of red, orange and yellow shining through in places. Against them stood the clear sky, blended azure mist fading into a strong, cloudless cerulean. Along the horizon line, where the heated sands reflected the merciless rays of the sun the colours blurred, giving the eyes nothing to focus on. 

But still, Tupua knew that his destination was straight ahead, behind the dunes and the blurry veil. Po-Koro, village of stone. They called it the lost village, a moniker that made a faint smirk cross the dark Toa's lips as he strode through the scorching mid-day heat, his hooded black cloak wrapped around him. The Po-Matoran, under the instructions of their Akiri had gone to great lengths to make their home live up to it's nickname. The roads and paths through the desert had been obscured, even the entrance to the dark walk had been relocated with a lot of effort, rivaling that of the Rahkshi that had originally dug the passage.

But the old maps remained the same. Though the paths they indicated were no more, the locations were still the same. Of course the map alone was useless, but there are many things one can learn in a lifetime, especially in one as long as that of the Aitua. Navigating under these circumstances was one of them. At night, he had oriented himself by the stars, while using landmarks such as Mt. Ihu as points of reference during the day, or the sun and its relative position. How the Akiri though he could just shut out the world when they still needed it this much was a mystery unto itself. And the village remained where it always had been, emerging from the haze. Isolated, lonely and paranoid, a collection of huts walled in by stone and heavily fortified with limited resources - but still far from lost. Mildly inconvenient to get to was a much more apt description.

And so, after a long and boring march by himself, Tupua reached the outskirts to the village of stone, which were mostly uninhabited, but marked by the statues, masterfully carved by its citizens. He studied them for a brief moment, before continuing on towards the stone gate. And seeing them, the dark Toa began to wonder what purpose they had been designed for - keeping insiders in, or outsiders out? And where was the line between the two?

Through me, you pass into the city of woe.

And with that amusing thought on his mind, the dark Toa entered Po-Koro.

OOC: Tupua open for interaction. 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Zoban

"Hum, intresting, it's intruiging how every single person on this island seems to have a tragic background."

While saying this he thought back at his own past, which in fact wasn't all that great either.

I'm back!

IC Zoban

"Well, I guess so, the study of the mind has never seemed particulary intresting to me. Ah well, I hope we reach the oasis soon, I'm getting tired of this burning sun." He said as he wiped the sweat of his face. "But tell me, why did you decide to accompany me?"

I'm back!

IC: Farzan (Farzan's Workshop)

As the morning sun finally began hauling its big yellow behind (the one place the sun never, ever shines) across Po-Koro, I was putting the finishing touches on the signboard that was to adorn my quaint little shop in a storm of fire and steel.

No pasty old ink letters for me, no, I’d rather have thick metal beams welded together to form the words “Farzan’s Workshop”, or rather, given their size, “FARZAN’S WORKSHOP”

OK, that was a slight exaggeration, they’re not that big, they are welded metal, though.

With a little help from Kreff (meaning he did the lifting while I “covered the logistics”) I finally succeeded in placing the sign snugly above my door. I took a step back and let my mask’s lenses run free as I took in the sign and what was written on it:

“Farzan’s Workshop. Technology and Explosives for any occasion”

I nodded in approval; short, snappy and to the point, just the way I wanted it.

I flung around the sign hung on the door to say “Open”, placed a stand with the sign “GRAND OPENING” beside the door, and went behind the counter.

It was time to make magic.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Lenat- Po-koro- Farzan's Shop

IC: Oddly enough, the first person to walk through the door to the shop was not a customer but Lenat. The Vortixx had a leather tube on a strap over one shoulder and looked like he had just pulled an all-nighter in his workershop if the shadows under his eyes were anything to go by.

"Ah, Farzan. I forgot to bring these to you yesterday so I thought I should do that now. Since you are part of the Engineering division now it only makes sense that you have our designs."

With a somewhat tired smile he pulled the tube off his shoulder and placed it on the counter.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC Zoban:

"Thats rather intresting? I've never met a dumb enough Toa to be incapable of controlling his or her element, and trust me, I've come across a lot of foolish Toa. So why can't you do it? I thought it was just part of being Toa, unlike the Kanohi, which you do have to master before use."

I'm back!