BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Kubrick

Sandstorms. The third-worst thing for a desert traveler.

Immediately the group sprinted ahead, intent on finding cover. In the distance, Kubrick could spy Nero dashing back.

"There's no cover!" Kubrick said, shouting to be heard over the howling gales.

Edited by Norik Of Celtania

IC: [ Rhea ] - Po-Wahi / Motara Desert

Rhea spun once on her heel, already knowing what she'd see.

Nothing.

Flat empty desert, eager for the wind.

Her voice was quick, hard, military. "No cover. We're Toa; we'll make cover. Zelvin, Kubrick!"

######, if only Nero was here, now. Between his powers and hers... But he wasn't. He couldn't be far, couldn't be, but she-- they-- didn't have the time.

A muscle twitched against her cheekbone, panicked. Zelvin. Kubrick. One of crystal, the other of steel. She'd hired them. She knew what they were, what they could do. She had to trust them-- trust them, ###### you, you stupid girl. Trust them.

"Barricade. You know what to do."

OOC: E:

Darn it, ninja'd. Well.

I hate to say this, but I'd rather we kept my post and edited yours, Norik. :P

Edited by Shadowhawk

OOC: Agreed. Yours is better for the group overall. :P

Kubrick nodded. Without a word, he raised his arms. Iron walls started to form around them, although sand particles kept being stuck inside the walls.

"Zelvin! I'll block off most of the sand while you built a smaller dome. Hurry!"

IC: Day / Rungui

"Decent. Somewhat." Day said in a flat tone of voice. With a gesture of his head, he led their attention to the Vortixx with the broken back for a brief moment. His eyes shifted back to Lux's wound, and he noticed Melna's hands for the first, pressing down firmly on red-stained gauze, the bleeding having seemed to stop.

"Here, let me." he offered, gently brushing aside her hands with his own before applying pressure himself.

"You killed a Rahkshki."

--- 

Rungui nodded. After a small squirt of the needle, he inched closer to Torvoth and begun examining his back. 

The damage seemed to be focused on one spot at the base of his spine, not quite widespread. Didn't matter much considering he wouldn't walk anymore, but it made Rungui's job a little easier. It almost looked like a dent, surrounded by bumps almost protruding out of his skin, whole vertebrae or shattered fragments he couldn't tell.

"This is going to hurt. Don't move."

With steady hands and careful precision, he stuck the needle further up in Torvoth's spine, away from the injury. His thumb pressed down on the plunger and he watched the clear liquid disappear bit by bit. 

"There." he said, seemingly satisfied. "That should help with the pain, but you'll feel funny. Try not to move." He paused to look at Dalrin. "Thanks, bud. I'd love to stick around but I've got another patient to attend to. I'll be back to carry him when we move."

---

IC: Avier

There wasn't much Avier could do. The sandstorm was fast approaching, a towering menace that blotted out the sun and surely meant death if they didn't act fast enough.

Everything rested on Kubrick and Zelvin now.

OOC: Slight issue. We're going to Forsi, not Ostia.

Other than that, here's our shelter:

IC: Zelvin and Mar (Motara Desert)

While I was no stranger to the roaring lashes of Po-Wahi, I had rarely been caught so off guard as this, forced to grab the first straw that presented itself, forced to rely on others. As Kubrick raised the first barrier against the storm, I simply gathered my garments tighter around me in anticipation.

The Kru-Toa nodded quickly, her face no longer carrying any hint of distant pondering or self-satisfied observation. It was hard, almost bitter as the face fell into practiced folds, this expression was not a new one for her.

Her powers sprung into action, and a dome of crystal appeared to grow out of the ground, circling around the now tightly packed together group as the shelter expanded around them, the Kru-Toa's bony fingers humming with power.

The dome grew together, but not completely, in the center of the ceiling a circular hole remained, and with a clearly fatigued expression, Zelvin made a final exertion to grow a hollow column up from the top, creating a chimney. It would let some sand in, but it was either that or risk suffocation.

"It is done!" she said simply.

IC: Farzan (Farzan's Workshop)

Something came knocking on my door, and then decided to pull it out again, before slamming it shut again, sounding as if the door had attained sentience and was investigating the concept of higher motor functions to the best of its abilities.

A sandstorm had set in on Po-Koro, and I had no intention of becoming a decidedly un-sitting duck by running the risk of the storm sending me on the express route out the window and right up the Akiri's back alley.

"Kreff," I yelled, straining my mask lenses for visibility in the (admittedly pretty impressive) chaos, "close the door"

My trusty Ussal companion, blessed with more body mass to drag around than me, scurried to the door and used his considerable strength to slam it shut, during which time I'd closed the shutters, or I would've if I had any.

"Note to self, evaluate possible design oversights in the event of future cataclysms" I thought as we made our way to the back room and closed the door. This room didn't have any windows, the only lighting was a crown of lightstones in the ceiling.

"Well," I said as I put my hands together, "no reason to wait for the storm to pass without doing anything constructive, let's run some tests..."

Kreff sighed.

IC: Melna (Darkwalk)

"I... alright" Melna reluctantly obliged when Day offered to take over. On one hand she wanted to help, on the other hand, Day was probably better suited to the task.

"You were amazing, Lux" she agreed, "I saw the way you took that Rahkshi down, it was something to see"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Slight issue. We're going to Forsi, not Ostia.

Other than that, here's our shelter:

IC: Zelvin and Mar (Motara Desert)

[...]

[...]

"It is done!" she said simply.

OOC:

Drat, I hate it when that happens. *facepalm*

Hmm. Forsi is a 'coastal' settlement; would it be located eastwards or northwards of Po-Koro? If the latter, we'll probably make a brief stop in Ostia anyway, so no need to retcon. If the former... well, let's pretend we meant Forsi all along, right? :P

IC: [ Rhea / Nero ] - Po-Wahi / Motara Desert

"Yes... thank you. Thank you both." returned Rhea quietly, green eyes glowing brightly in the eerie semi-darkness of the sheltering dome. The storm was upon them fully now, the billowing waves of airborne sand effectively blotting out all but a shadow of the light of the sun, and Kubrick's iron half-walls blotting out still more.

Nero, having rejoined the group mere seconds before Zelvin's work of crystal would have shut him out, grunted taciturn agreement. "Aye. Well met."

Lenat- Po-koro- Po-koro Technology Emporium

IC: "My employees are sure to have covered the broken window by now and I'm sure closing the front door was one of the first things they did. Now please, open the door."

The other being did not quite seem hysterical, but they should have seen all the other people on the way in to his office. An inkling of worry was starting to grow in Lenat's mind that the newcomer might have other reasons for wanting to keep the door closed.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC:

@Norik: Northeast corner, southeast corner-- I assume you're talking about the corners of the entire Po-Wahi region in general? Which would put Forsi on the eastern coastline of the island?

Y'know, an updated map of all this would really be a useful player resource. If anyone out there has the proper knowledge and authority. *hint, hint - staff members* ;)

IC: [ Rhea ] - Po-Wahi / Motara Desert

"Well, in any case, we've time now to rest." said the Su-Toa placidly, unbuckling her knapsack and poking through its outer storage pockets. "Let's see-- ah, here 'tis."

Producing a small red lightstone, she placed it carefully on a mound of sand in the center of the dome, dispelling a portion of the surrounding shadow and accentuating its inhabitants in a harsh crimson glow.

A bit like liquid blood, sort of. But it did preserve night vision, and it was light.

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC: Elysi

Elysi sighed in relief. The sandstorm had struck at a moment where her legs were beginning to tire. Finding even the slightest amount of time to rest was something she was thankful for. There was little gain in proceeding in such a weary state, especially with the danger that awaited them beyond the dome.

"I don't think that storm was normal," reiterated the mercenary, albeit in a far more polite manner. "Just came out of nowhere."

OOC: @Shadowhawk Yup! Po-Wahi. And yes, eastern coastline.

There's a map on the wiki with both locations highlighted.

The Toa of Iron sat to the side, stretching his tired legs.

"Agreed. I've never seen such a violent storm appear so quickly.

IC: Voulge

"Simply put, he killed innocents, extorted those less fortunate, and your general all around backside of a kane-ra."

He reached into his satchel, and gently stroked the shell of scuddles, his young ussal sidekick, which was responded by a purr-like chittering

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC Ira

"Perhaps," Ira muttered, surveying his wounds. It seemed that he had gotten the worst of the sandstorm; it had been a long trek back to Kini-Nui, made longer by having to trek through large areas of undeveloped land. The others must have been in close proximity when the storm hit, as they did not seem so buffeted. "There may be injuries that I haven't noticed. What's with this storm anyway?!" He removed his goggles and untied the cloth, dropping them on the ground; he'd clean them later. The bag of minerals from Mangaia was safe, if coveted in sand; they would be of dubious use at beast, however. "Agh, some of it did get in my eyes," he snarled, blinking furiously.

IC: Zekev -[blackrock Storm Shelter]

Caught out in a sandstorm. I wouldn't want to go through that. Never have, in fact. Maybe I'm more sensible than I thought.

"Yeah, the blasted sand. Gets everywhere," I commented with a scowl, flaunting nonexistent experience.

"Here, don't rub them. Use water," Ibpassed a basin of somewhat clean water to Ira. Archangel, I could almost feel my brain expand from pseudo-knowledge!

"So, the bag. What's in it?" I really said that just to have an excuse to loaf off a little more, but I was a little curious, honestly.

IC: (Ardron)

"Yes, what's in it, Sir Knight?" the zombie said. He wasn't truly curious, but needed to know. As Jorruk needed to learn.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC Ira

"Minerals from my latest excursion. I ended up going all the way into Mangaia; fortunately, I didn't run into any aggressive Rahkshi." Pouring the minerals on the table, he softly growled with frustration. "They said that there was some kind of yellow miracle powder that could be mined in Mangaia that could heal illnesses when mixed with water and heated. All I found were rocks."

OOC:

Alright, thanks everyone. :)

Just to recap: we started out from Ga-Koro, traveling overland. So during the first day's journey, we worked our way around the inland coast of Naho Bay via semi-circular path, first passing through (I'm looking at the nice big 'wallpaper' size map of Mata Nui here) a bit of snowy mountain foothills (the easternmost border of Ko-Wahi), then a bit of non-snowy mountain foothills (Onu-Wahi), and then we had to take an abrupt, severe detour north to skirt that jagged little bit of water I see poking out of the bay, and then headed due east towards Forsi, which should put us, now, right in the middle of the fairly large pentagon-shaped blob of desert just north of the 'NA' in the 'NAHO BAY' label. Not the little peninsula, but the actual blob itself, if that makes any sense.

For the sake of perfection (the pursuit of which is, alas, my fatal curse :P), I'm going to go back and edit a few very minor relevant details in my posts, but other than that, I think we're all clear again.

IC: [ Rhea ] - Po-Wahi / Motara Desert / approx. 15 miles W of Forsi

Rhea merely shrugged. "Wherever it came from, it's here now. And whatever its purpose was, it's not harming us any."

The dome vibrated in the wind, sand hissing against its steel-and-crystal sides, but held firm.

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC: Ra’lhen – Cemetery

The sun gave a deep red glow as it began to converge with the western horizon. During this time of day, the shadows of the stone that sat before Ra’lhen were so elongated that they quadrupled the height of the sculpture.  

No headstone’s design came close to the wonder that towered over Hafu’s resting place. What stood, likely defiantly, before Ra’lhen was an ornate sculpture of the late carver, bore with a skillful precision that no being with any claim to culture could look upon without awe. Veins pumped along with biceps of the Matoran’s humongous arms. Dents and scratches the side of cloth strands decorated the statues noble Kanohi Ruru, dulled just enough from nature that Ra’lhen could that tell that they had once been much more defined, and were clearly intentional. The level of detail even extended to the pickaxe that the Po-Matoran held before him with both hands, orienting the pickaxe towards the ground the same way that most guards with hold a sword. The ends, despite being exposed to the elements for who knows how long, looked sharp enough to pose some practical use in an Onu-Wahi mine.

Ra’lhen finally looked back at the Ruru, and the eyes that sat behind it. In typical Hafu fashion that even Ra’lhen remembered from his days before he became a Toa, the master carver had his head tilted slightly upwards, as if he was looking above the heads of most Matoran. The eyes despite being of inorganic rock, had a life to them that spoke of pride, but also of kindness and bravery. Ra’lhen then cocked his head, wondering how a sculptor was even able to envision that without a live reference to work off of.

On the pedestal that Hafu stood upon, there was an inscription. Ra’lhen looked down to read it, but found that his vision seemed to be timorous, or maybe just tired.

Actually, they felt a little wet.

Kneeling to one knee, Ra’lhen blinked twice to read the inscription.

“Here lies Hafu, taken by the shadows all too soon, but his works will watch over Po-Koro forever”

A wide smile stretched Ra’lhen face as his throat swelled and his cheeks began to dampen. The Toa couldn’t help but give a rough, staggered chuckle.

“This… beautiful tribute to Hafu… I engendered this,” Ra’lhen wheezed softly before his tone turned icy, “Go me”

Ra’lhen then hung his head and stifled two sobs. “I’m so sorry, carver. My duty was to protect you, but you became one of many whom I’ve failed”

OOC: feel free to bug Ra'lhen if you want. We can mope together! Also, credit to Ghosthands for the inscription. 

Edited by Emzee
  • Upvote 1

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC (Tupua):

"You have your work cut out for you then." the dark Toa replied. He glanced around the room. Outside, the wind howled in ominous voices as the air caught on the edges of doors and was funneled through the village's alleyways. And with it it carried sand with enough force to turn an Onu-Toa completely silver within a few minutes. It would blast the colour right off of their skin.

Tupua found he quite liked the atmosphere the storm created. Since they were safely inside though, he pulled back his hood, revealing the Tryna with the skull-like pattern on its face. His piercing blue eyes looked from The Vortixx captive back to the two Toa. 

"If this one is that bad, why did you not contact the guard to help? And why the collateral damage?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

Oh yeah. Apparently I killed a Rahkshi.

To be honest, I was still trying to wrap my head around that one. I mean, it wasn't really me who had killed the Rahkshi, was it? It had been the slug. My slug. My other half.

I remembered the power that the slug had given me. But I remembered the bloodlust as well. The hatred. I had felt its mind against mine, and I knew that if I  it hadn't been so adamant about killing the Rahkshi, I  it would've slaughtered the rest of the party without a qualm.

My other half.

But Day didn't know that. Melna didn't know that. I looked into their eyes and I saw their trust for good ol' Lux, dependable Lux. Not Lux the Monster, but Lux the Pianist, Lux the Rahkslayer. 

Heh, Rahkslayer. Maybe that's what I was, if the slug really was my other half. For all its bloodlust and rage, it was the stronger of us two. It was the more capable, while I was more moral. Maybe we could even be a team, someday. I grinned at that thought, and I leaned back onto my elbows.

"Huh," I said. "I guess I did kill a Rahkshi."

Of course, there was a sudden bristling in my mind.

Fine, we killed a Rahkshi. Better?

"Hey," I added, bending to look past Melna, "I don't suppose one of you could grab its staff, could you?"

---

IC:

"No prob, matey," I said, nodding solemnly, trying not to look down at Torvoth's broken body and lose my nerve.

Slowly, however, I forced myself to acknowledge that the Vortixx needed some kind of support right now. And seeing as no one else wanted anything to do with him, save for Rungui, I supposed that it would have to be me doing the comforting.

And boy was I not prepared for that.

"So, ah, Torvoth," I began, suddenly lacking my usual confidence. "Ya ... feelin' any different with the medicine or somethin' yet, matey?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Wokodin – Cemetery

I knew I’d find you here, sooner or later, the gargantuan Toa of Stone thought bitterly.

It was well known that Wokodin, sergeant of the Sentinels, held little love for the tarnished, would-be paladin that he once mentored. He had once spent his days and nights training a group of venerable heroes – a group that Ra’lhen had the honor of leading. Wokodin’s son, Wokapu had traveled and sparred with the red and blue Toa. Between them and the other four Toa, Wokodin had envisioned a clean victory over the Master of Shadows, scarcely a few years after the First Toa were killed. His warriors in his deftly crafted Toa Team were young, quick-witted, obedient, and powerful. And this one Toa managed to wrench it all during the one time where room for error was at its most minimal.

Wokodin had told this story to many a guardsmen, and told them once more when word spread that the Toa formerly known as Ronkshou was now serving the village that he had sought to destroy a little more than a year past.

And as if to pour salt in a fresh wound, Ra’lhen had evidently been assigned to Wokodin’s command; fit to serve wherever the sergeant needed him.

As bad as it sounded, Wokodin knew that this was a blessing. For reasons kept secret from everyone, the sergeant knew that it would be wise to keep Ra’lhen close… but maybe not too close.

“Such a depressing inscription if I say so myself,” Wokodin said, his shadow extending almost behind the gargantuan Toa. Ra’lhen looked up at him with eyes that did not seem to recognize him at first. Then, it clicked.

“Wo… Wokodin?”

“I suggested a poem,” Wokodin said.

“Here lies a carver named Hafu

Caught up in a bit of a snafu

His hands worked the best

He trumped all the rest

Especially that idiot Ahkmou.”

Ra’lhen, snorted in amusement as he rose to his feet. Without a word, Wokodin embraced the younger Toa in the way that a father would. After a silent moment, they separated from each other.

“Hewkii didn’t like it. Apparently the Comet Ball Traitor’s feelings still mattered at the time,” Wokodin said with a hint of bitterness.

“You look like you have been holding up as well as you could, all things considered,” Wokodin said, hands on each of Ra’lhen’s shoulders. “I don’t know how many times people have told you this, if at all, but you must know that there is no justifiable ill will towards you for this grave that we stand beside. You didn’t kill him. You watched a monster do it. End of story”

Wokodin lauded himself for finishing that statement with a straight face. Wokodin knew that Ra’lhen could be justifiably blamed if the people knew what he knew. But at the heart of it, Wokodin knew that the Vo-Toa had little fault of his own for the master carver’s murder.

“At any rate, brother, I’m here because I’ve been assigned to be your sergeant,” Wokodin, “And now my duty beseeches me to assign you to the port town of Ostia for patrols and reports. If you are up to it now, I’d like for you to come with me to my office to discuss the details of your post. After all, this town didn’t exist when you were last here, and there’s a lot you’ll need to know in order to serve those good men and women effectively”

The younger Toa stood and watched the grave for a moment, and then looked to Wokodin, wearing an expression of rock-hard resolve.

“I’m ready, sir,” Ra’lhen said, though Wokodin noticed his voice waver, “Let’s go”

Your heart is ready, but is your mind? Thought Wokodin as they walked towards the exit of the cemetery. Ostia would be perfect for Ra’lhen. He’d be far away from the Po-Matoran who still feared and hated this Vo-Toa, but he would be close enough so that Wokodin could keep a watchful eye on him.

In months past, Wokodin would have sworn that Ra’lhen would end up dead, and indeed, Wokodin sought to prove his loyalty to the Po-Koro Guard by taking in Ronkshou and Kohra dead or alive. He wondered if Ra’lhen held that memory, of if it was whisked away along with the Infection from his mask.

Still, at any rate, Ra’lhen was alive.

Which means Wokodin would have to be careful. 

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

"Agreed, Komisk, we should get moving, the cripple is in Mata Nui's hands now," he said, putting his extra canteen of water to the floor beside Torvoth. He had a bit of mercy left in him, somehow.

IC: Gyn's pleased feeling was abruptly replaced by annoyance.

He flicked his saperka, the blood of his foe spattering onto the floor with a soft, splashing sound. Ordinarily, the minute noise would not draw much attention. Those settling into the post-combat order had more important concerns than the cleanup of another.

But a man who had just killed two Rahkshi was not ordinary.

"No," he decreed. He motioned to Dalrin and his patient with a smile. "We leave no one behind."

Edited by Own Personal Quixote

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: "My employees are sure to have covered the broken window by now and I'm sure closing the front door was one of the first things they did. Now please, open the door."

The other being did not quite seem hysterical, but they should have seen all the other people on the way in to his office. An inkling of worry was starting to grow in Lenat's mind that the newcomer might have other reasons for wanting to keep the door closed.

IC: (Mura)

Mura stared at Lenat.

"I'ts just that...it's just that I think someone was following me here."

Kathok

IC: That was a rather strange reason to enter a store like this. Lenat had been sure that the person in front of him had come in because they wanted to either buy or sell something. The vortixx walked over to the door and gently removed the other's hand. Opening the door, he quickly stepped back as the rather large hammer that had been about to hit the doorslammed in to the ground instead.

"Its alright." Lenat called out to the pair of irate Toa. "Just a jumpy customer."

Turning back to Mura he continued.

"This place is safe enough. Besides, with a sandstorm like this I doubt that your follower is going to be doing much."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC (Stralix)

The Skakdi inventor sighed in exasperation and turned to Kirsug, to address him and the rest of the group.

'If you want to carry him, fine, but please make up your minds quickly!' he said. 'If there are Sentinels still alive further down the tunnel, they may not be alive much longer. Every second we delay increases the odds of us finding them dead, not to mention those Rahkshi bringing reinforcements down on us. Whatever we do with the Vortixx, we have to get moving!'

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

Po-Koro Coast

Water.

This was the first thought that entered Kalyss's mind as she came to. Which was strange; Kalyss was not much of a swimmer, nor a Ga-Toa.

Sand.

That was more like it. Kalyss loved running in on star-scorched sands. But this felt... different. Kalyss breathed in, deeply and slowly. She was met with a mouth full of cold saltwater.

Water? Water!

Kalyss jolted. The Su-Toa opened her eyes, only to be stung by saltwater. She was being dragged away from shore. Kalyss reached a hand out, feeling for anything; it dug into the wet sand. She pulled herself forward, one limb at a time. She was breathless; she didn't know if this was from waking up, or nearly drowning, or both. The ocean lapped around her as she crawled to her hands and feet. Every joint in her body seemed to be clogged with sand, water, or salt. She felt the air around her, and clamped her jaw. She focused; she felt her body, her mask, her armor, channels obstructed. Her entire body was wet. She should fix that.

Kalyss concentrated, and plasma started to flow. Every joint in her body, every vein from which her element could flow filled with superheated, neon plasma. The Su-Toa concentrated as the heat and pressure flowed through her armor, and she remembered it's purpose and function: channel her power, reinforce her body, and defend.

Defend those who cannot defend themselves. Help those who are helpless.

"Right," Kalyss said. "I'm a Toa. That's what we do."

We? Who was we? Kalyss could not remember a time when she ever did this. remember her training, vaguely. But she remembered those she called brother and sister. Unfortunately, she also remembered more than their names.

Kalyss growled as she climbed to her feet. The Toa Kalta, she remembered. That was what they called her team. Whoever 'they' were. Well-trained. She recalled sparring for longer than she could imagine; but never using her experience. It didn't matter. Just do as she was trained to do, and she would succeed. But she was trained as part of a team...

Skorm needed to control the field of battle, Vakua would link them together at the speed of thought. Aelied would direct her, and-

"Casanuva." Kalyss growled.

That selfish layabout knew nothing. Sure, he might have been the second best warrior (next to her), but he never wanted the responsibility, too afraid to risk his life. Even for others. He could never be trusted to be a Toa; Aelied saw that. Even Skorm saw that. The rest were too soft.

Kalyss stood. She shouldn't think of her brothers like that; he would learn. She scanned the horizon; Kalyss saw mountains in the distance, over the desert. Closer, though, she saw a great sandstorm. Her first thought was to avoid it, but something about it was off. The toa looked around, and saw a tall rocky outcropping about half a mile away. Kalyss crouched, and her Kakama glowed. She took off with mindbending speed. She reached the rock in seconds, and was on top of it in about half a minute. Kalyss saw roads leading into the sandstorm from all around; it must be a settlement. There was only one thing a proper Toa could do.

Kalyss activated her Kakama again, and took off towards Po-Koro.

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: (Komisk)

The Onu-Matoran, before saying anything more to Stralix, suddenly stopped, pivoting on one foot to look at Gyn. "It ith not my intention to abandon anyone out of malithe or prejudithe. However, we have a harsh journey ahead, and in hith condition he will be a perilouth burden. I will not thtop you from bringing him with uth, simply because I recognize you ath my peer. But I would be highly diththapointed if, in the next attack, he wath injured due to not being able to defend himthelf. Or worthe, another person ith hurt while trying to protect him. Tho no, I will not prevent you from carrying thith paralyzed moron throughout the retht of the journey, but I condemn it ath the height of folly that you do."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Stronin

A sandstorm. Stronin absolutely despised sandstorms. He may have been a Po-koro native, but he hated them. The sand hurt. The wind would either be scorching or freezing. And his ears would drum. There was nothing to be gained from standing around in the open. He needed cover. Fast.

So he flew. The Toa of Iron knew his way around town. He knew of the inns that dotted the village. And he needed to reach one quickly. Flying was risky, but his limp prevented him running fast enough. Sand scratched across his arlour. Where was the inn?

Gotcha.

Stronin dropped through the door. He was safe from the sandstorm, but his body still stung. Accursed storms.

OOC: Open for interaction.

IC: 88

88 zoomed over Po-Koro towards his house. His Kadin granted him flight, but not a map or compass. When you can see everything below you, though, it's almost as good. His only thoughts were on protecting his printing press in his house from the mighty sandstorm. He looked around for something to barricade the door and window with, silently wishing he was a Po-Toa. In his frustration, he shot a bolt of lightning out the window and towards the approaching storm. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a stack of large stone slabs- big enough to block his door and window. 88 slowly dragged one up to his window, and then one to cover his doorway, which had only a cloth curtain instead of a door. He climbed up his ladder to his top floor and then flew out his upper window. He grabbed a very tall slab, and using his Kadin to lift it, leaned it against his house so that the window was behind it. 88 flew back up through the window and sat on the floor. He was ready for the storm.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC: Torvoth

The Vortixx opened his eyes and quickly closed them once again. "Ughhhhhh..." With that profound statement, Torvoth attempted to push himself up. He tried admirably, but failed and slumped back down. "Not gonna lie, gentlemen: you almost lost me to the one-way ticket to the Great Spirit's side. Yelling when you're nearly dead takes a lot out of you, I have learned. Now that I'm back in the land of the living, can someone fill me in on what I missed?" Before anyone could reply, he continued, "Also, whoever was talking to me while I was exploring that mythical area between worlds, I appreciate it. I think that your not-so-soothing tones yanked me back."

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

IC: That was a rather strange reason to enter a store like this. Lenat had been sure that the person in front of him had come in because they wanted to either buy or sell something. The vortixx walked over to the door and gently removed the other's hand. Opening the door, he quickly stepped back as the rather large hammer that had been about to hit the doorslammed in to the ground instead.

"Its alright." Lenat called out to the pair of irate Toa. "Just a jumpy customer."

Turning back to Mura he continued.

"This place is safe enough. Besides, with a sandstorm like this I doubt that your follower is going to be doing much."

IC: (Mura)

"Er...yes, I'm sure."

He began to nervously fiddle with the bits of tech around the room, putting them together seemingly at random, as he had done at FARZAN's.

He listened at the door for a second.

Over the howling wind, he could just make out shouts from outside the door.

"Are you hearing what I'm hearing?" he asked Lenat.

Kathok

IC: "Please don't touch that stuff." Lenat said as he made his way over to the outer door. Closing his eyes the Vortixx listened, filtering out the sound of the storm outside.

"Sounds like people."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: (Aryll Vudigg/The Dark Walk)

This was not good. They had no way to straighten the back, no way to make a stretcher. Hauling the Vortixx any other way would worsen his condition. Carrying the cripple, while going through the tunnels would tire them, distract them, make them weak to the Rahkshi. Aryll wanted to get out of here alive, and in one piece. But yet, he understood he wasn't in command. It frustrated him immensely, but he had to go along with orders. Even if said orders were idiotic.

"Okay then, we need to find something stable to keep his back straight," Aryll said, echoing his thoughts.

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur