BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Dehkaz

With the winds kicking up and sand wearing away at their armor, the two of them made their way towards the Po-Koro Guard, Sentinels, headquarters.  Wind whipped past their forms as they opened the door to the building, the light streaming in from outside taking on a malevolent, red hue.

Dehkaz straightened as the door closed, and dusted himself off.  "Feels good to be back," He commented, glancing in the direction of one of the crystalline windows.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Makes me feel... uneasy," Dehkaz muttered, his voice barely audible.  After a second, he seemed to catch himself with a start.  It was rare enough for the Commander to express any sort of emotion verbally, while it was even more rare for him to actually voice unease without any sort of humorous slant on the remark.

"Probably nothing," He added in a tone that was a fair bit more conversational. "Anyhow, looks like we're stuck inside, so no running around saving citizens from immoral thugs for the time being.  I wanted to check on the Fowadi, but that'll have to wait."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Have anything else to do in the meantime, other than watch the sand wear away the walls, that is?"  Dehkaz asked, only half-serious.  The blizzards that he had grown up in had been a disturbing sight, but they didn't compare to the sandstorms here.  There was something off about the sun-eating clouds of dust, an unnatural air that always accompanied the storms, as if the world were attempting to crush them under the weight of the desert.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

The pair fell into an uncharacteristic silence, as the Ta-Toa drank almost (for her) sullenly from her bottle. Heat still emanated from her, just a few degrees higher than the air around them, but it was a low simmer, rather than the blaze that had been growing before. Saeva's eyes roamed about, occasionally holding eye contact with someone who stared, as if challenging them.

Almost like looking for a fight.

"Somehow, this place doesn't seem right anymore."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: "We'll have to make it do, one way or another..." he said, eyes never leaving his food.

He didn't need them to tell what was building. His other senses did it for him. Namely, the way things had seemed to fall into a tense hush. There was still talking, but it was much more muted than before.

The trailing off of the sentence, through intonation and context alone, clued his partner into his thoughts.

They were, as usual in this situation, on the same wavelength. And if it was a fight anyone wanted, he was more than willing to oblige.

helo frens

IC: Naona

Naona paused as they reached the door. Slowly, she turned the knob, silently praying that nobody had thrown in every stack of paperwork that had been accumulated over the last several weeks into her office. It creaked open. No papers came loose. Letting go of the breath she forgot she had been holding in, she pulled the door open.

The ground was covered in paper. John was still chugging along, imprinting her signature onto the papers she had inserted into the machine before she had left with Hari.

IC: Melna (Darkwalk)

"So how about it, guys?" Melna asked, a little color having returned to her cheeks.

"Do we keep moving once Lux is better, or do we go back?"

Melna trailed off, looking back into the looming darkness behind them. Somehow, she felt like going back would be even more dangerous than going forward. She cast another concerned glance at Lux and Day in turn.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: (Aryll Vudigg)

"We should split into two groups, have one keep watch, and one rest," Aryll said, disheartened by the storm. "We can't get out of here. And I don't think we all are willing to storm down the tunnel at the moment. Especially with a cripple in tow."

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Day

"We stay with the group." Day said, his tone firm and absolute. "It's too late to turn back. Strength in numbers is our best bet at survival right now."

As his voice trailed off, someone suggested that the group should rest. He wasn't worried about himself, but Lux's injury was enough to make it seem like a good idea so he nodded his head in agreement.

---

IC: Avier

"Thanks" Avier said, accepting the pemmican with a quick smile. He bit off a piece and chewed at a languid pace, figuring he'd make it last.

"Anyone play Kohlii?"

IC:

After a long while, the great sandstorm abated, leaving behind many damages. Notable among these were the ruin of the radios and the burial of the Iron Mahi tracks close to the Koro. Merchandise, buildings, statues, and anything else that'd been left outside during the storm had been damaged somehow, too. Wearily, the people of the Koro began to repair that which the storm had disheveled.

OOC: Sandstorm is officially over!

test2.png

OOC: And there was much rejoicing.

IC: Kalyss assisted the Koro clear the sand. Po-Koro looked much different in the light. Occasionally she left the Koro, speeding to where she had washed up on the coast, and retraced her steps. But for now, she simply melted sand into hunks of glass, easier to carry out.

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: 88

The silence was what woke 88. He stirred and sat up. Some sand had leaked in, but it was nothing bad. The top floor was okay, too. He pushed the giant stone slabs away from his house, and they fell with a loud thud on the sandy ground. 

Note to self: get cover for windows, 88 thought to himself. He walked outside into the bright light and shielded the red eyes behind his Rahkshi-head shaped Kadin against the dazzling sun. He stretched, smiled and fired a bolt of lightning in joy. 

OOC: 88 open for interaction

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC:

Saeva scowled again, pulling her feet off of the table and gesturing for the waitress to bring along another drink, now that she’d drained the first. The fire around her finger flared again, though with a low, orange glow rather than the blinding light before.

“###### sandstorm, ###### piraka, ###### village.”

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: "Sounds like one of those things's stopped, at least." Erzu noted.

" yeah, I can go home now!" a random voice shouted from elsewhere in the inn, making him have to stifle a snicker. Sounded like they weren't the only ones using this place as temporary shelter.

Plate empty, he handed it too the waitress, along with a few extra widgets beyond the price of a meal. And his usual tip, actually. Nodding gratefully, she scurried off to get Saeva her second bottle, cutting through the throng of beings leaving now that it was safe to venture outside once again.

Leaning back, sated and relaxed once more, he gave a loooong stretch and yawn. He could use a good nap right about now.

"You're fired up. Wanna skip the rest here and try and make it to the volcano since the storm just sorta died on us?"

helo frens

IC:

"Gladly. Maybe a few miles on foot'll lessen the desire to find these skull-grin sons of ." The Ta-Toa pushed to her feet, taking the bottle from the returning waitress with a grateful smile- she tried to make it less than menacing, but she wasn't sure she succeeded- and shoving it into her pack.

"We can probably hit Ta-Koro in a few hours."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: He rose as well, stretching his legs and shooting a quick "thank you" to the waitress. Just because he liked a nap didn't mean he could go without, and beside; trying to keep up with Sareta when she's pumped? Wakes you up in no time. To tell the truth, he was interested in going there as soon as he heard the rumor in his own right, not just because he knew it was important for her. 

Spooky skull-faced marauders, a lot of rampant destruction around, a preoccupied guard...

All this was a recipe for the more seedy types to try and profit off of all this. And despite being a delinquent himself, those were the ones he loved to beat up on the most. The scum of the earth.

"If we go fast." he added, slinging on his own bag. "Let's roll, then."

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

Lenat- Po-koro- Po-koro Technology Emporium.

IC: The sound of metal clanking in the cluttered room suddenly seemed so much louder. Lenat's head popped out from under the wooden carriage of the Railless Mahi. Cocking his head, the Vortixx listened for several seconds before a smile lit up his face and he clambered our from under his current project.

Tossing things into his pouch, the inventor called out to the rest of the workshop.

"I'm going on that trip I mentioned. Torch, your in change until I get back"

With that Lenat was off on a trip that would hopefully allow him to start bringing the koro closer together.

OOC: Lenat to Ta-wahi

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Farzan (Farzan's Workshop)

With the sandstorm finally passed, I figured it was my sworn duty as an associate member of the Sentinels to do my part to clean up this mess. So Kreff and I started polishing the entrance to my shop, so people could see it and get a much needed morale boost.

Maybe I'd invent a giant fan that could blow away sand one of these days.

Hmm... a sand-blower. Now there's an idea.

IC: Zelvin (Motara Desert)

"I believe we're free to continue" Zelvin remarked when the sandstorm's whirling sounds had passed. She turned around and placed an open palm on the crystal wall. Closing her eyes, she began the process of absorbing the crystal dome, bit by bit, until it was completely gone.

When she was done, she stood up, and looked around.

"The sand dunes have changed," she remarked, "finding our way is going to prove... problematic"

IC: Melna (Darkwalk)

"Gotcha" Melna replied, smiling weakly. If nothing else, she could try her best to lighten the mood.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: And there was much rejoicing.

IC: Kalyss assisted the Koro clear the sand. Po-Koro looked much different in the light. Occasionally she left the Koro, speeding to where she had washed up on the coast, and retraced her steps. But for now, she simply melted sand into hunks of glass, easier to carry out.

IC: (Mura)

The Su-Matoran walked up to Kayliss. Since the storm had ended, he had been perfecting a creation that would clear the sand.

"So...are you gonna go and search for the rest of your team?"

Kathok

IC: Stronin

Unlike the two he had been addressing back in the tavern, Stronin had not been doing anything of note other than shovelling some sand in a manner that only appeared meaningful on the surface, but was really just an attempt at looking useful. He had been in the bad books of the locals for a while, being a former thief and all that, so it wouldn't be swell if he were to simply sit around on his arse.

"Need any help with that?" he offered, approaching Kalyss and Mura.

IC: Kalyss looked to the two that had weathered the sandstorm with her.

"You could help move these chunks of glass."

Kalyss leaned against a side of a building. Her entire body heaved with fatigue of working in the sun, and of using her powers excessively.

"As for what I'm doing? I'm just helping out right now. But I suppose there... no time like the present to start looking."

She got back up and stretched. "What are the nearest villages?"

IC: "Onu-Koro is underground, right? I can run to any village pretty quick, but if its underground, it'll take me a lot longer than overland travel."

Kalyss drew a rough map of Mata Nui in the sand, circling an area which could only have been Po-Koro.

"Now, we are here," she said, pointing to Po-Koro. "And this area," pointing to something that was probably Naho Bay, "is Ga-Koro. Correct?"