BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC (Kehua):

Po-Wahi overall was a good place to lay low for a while, Kehua decided. Po-Wahi, mind you - not Po-Koro. He had no intention of entering the village itself for now. Especially when one had just strung up and bled dry an infected Matoran one Wahi over.

Traveling by foot along almost non-existing paths guaranteed a certain measure of privacy. The Aitua had followed the coast and was heading further north. From what he had gathered, Po-Koro had an outlying port there, almost a small village unto itself. That was his destination for now.

OOC: Kehua open for interaction.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC Andrex: the Ta Toa shrugged his massive shoulders. "Can't say that I do. Suppose I've been out of the loop for some time."

IC Sade

She looked out the windows, perhaps half an hour had passed since they arrived in Forsi. It was still the deep part of the night, the train wouldn't be leaving dawn or soon after.

"I am going to buy a room for the night, if you don't have any money you can find a nice corner or box outside. We'll leave at dawn."

Paying for a single room, she walked to the door leading to the off-building that housed them, "if you want to come," despite looking and speaking at a wall, her words were aimed to the Vo-Toa. "You'll have to pay for yourself."

...but close to it

IC: Dehkaz

The toa of Magnetism left at a comparably sedate pace, though only because he lacked the Kanohi abilities that Naona possessed.  He strode quickly out of the records room, making his way to the opposite end of the Po-Koroan Guard HQ to obtain supplies for their journey.  Alas, he had been looking forward to stepping onto the armored deck of his own ship after leaving it in drydock for so long.  Or, in the (admittedly capable) hands of his First Mate, as it turned out.  Circumstances pulled him away once again, leaving a small spot of disappointment upon him.

Of course, for obvious reasons, the sense of disappointment was vastly overshadowed by the mixed sense of anticipation, fear, regret, and apprehension at the current situation.  Some of it stemming from the fact that he wasn't the least bit thrilled to be going back to the past that seemed to keep trailing behind a single step behind him, but it was unquestionably mostly from the fact that there was a fair chance that Hari was, or was going to be, in danger.  In danger of finding the cold, brutal truth about her parents?  What it might do to her?  Where and who it might lead her to?  Maybe.

He had moved the sky and the earth for someone before, and he would do it again in a heartbeat, and this time he certainly wasn't going to be doing it alone.  It also helped to have the resources of the Guard at his disposal in finding one of their own, but that was secondary.

Dehkaz reached his destination within a few minutes, having helped built the headquarters, he could navigate the maze of rooms and hallways blindfolded and drugged, if such a thing were to ever happen.  A quick, stunted chat with the quartermaster--wow, he really did fall back into the Ko-Koroan routine under stress--and soon he had enough provisions to last two trained guards a journey across the island and back.

Of course, that wasn't all he was going to get for this trip, but the rest couldn't really be found here.

Dehkaz walked out of the Sentinel HQ with two packs slung over his shoulder and made his way towards the town market, his coat trailing behind him like some shadowy creature.

A short, almost hurried, walk later and he stood facing what, for all intents and purposes, looked like a normal Po-Koroan hut.  Albeit, one that was extended outward from the side.  The sign above the door was weathered almost to the point of unintelligibility, and a lone ussal busied itself around the shop.  He paused a moment at the door, before pushing it open with a gust of sandy wind.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Farzan (Farzan’s Workshop)

You know what I don’t like? The word ‘impossible’.

Big surprise, right? Some over-the-top nutty inventor who loves fiddling around and messing with machinery and gadgets and whatever strands of the fabric of reality he can get his hands on, doesn’t like the word “impossible”. It’s pretty much par for the course for us.

Well, yeah, that’s true, but there’s  a little more to it than that. I don’t like to see something as beyond my means, I guess you could say, unless that something just flat out can’t be attained through actual methods and things that actually exists in the real world. In short, as long as someone else pulled it off, then I can do that, too, no matter what people might say. I’ll just need to learn about that thing they did, and boom, off I go.

That’s also why it’s only the word “impossible” itself that irks me, similar words work just fine when used right. Take the word “inconceivable”, that word makes perfect sense. A person is conceivable, they always are because that’s the whole point, but an object, like a chair, is inconceivable because chairs don’t do that.  Which I’m thankful for, that mental image is disturbing enough on its own.

(Gives the phrase “morning wood” a new meaning, though.)

“Imcomprehensible?” that too, works: if I don’t actually know what I’m dealing with, then I can’t understand it, so I need to learn.

And that’s why I’m sitting here, an open mechanism in front of me on my counter, flipping a widget to pass the time as I try to think of a way to get this new prototype working. My wrist-mounted Volo Lutu launchers worked great… as long as a Matoran were using them.

Making a functional version for bigger folk turned out to be a lot harder than I thought. The mechanism stubbornly refused to click together, no matter what I did. At the moment, I was staring at an open gap in the machinery where I’d apparently had the bright idea of not thinking of a component that could fit.

I had tried all the gears I could find, but no matter what size they wouldn’t fit and at the moment I didn’t have the funds to making a new one.

The Widget in my hand taunted me with its shape; here was what looked like a piece of machinery that in reality was what I needed to get those pieces. At this point I might as well have been throwing the money awa…

Waaaaait a second, could that be it?

It was worth a try at least, or as I liked to phrase it “why the ###### not?”

I stared through the hole in the widget at the machinery where a piece was still missing, a gear, with a shape and size I still hadn’t found…

“Here goes”

I slid the widget into the slot, hearing a pitched whine as the metal pieces grinded against each other, slowly but surely clicking into place before my eyes, my mask’s lenses whirring in tandem.

I slowly picked the launcher up, managing its oversized mechanism in my hands as I closed the lid and aimed the wrist-volo at… uumm, not sure about that, don’t think too much about it.

The launcher discharged, my arm shaking from the massive force as the grapnel propelled upwards and pulled me really fast after it into the air with so much force that I hit the roof and was left hanging limp from the tether.

Ouch.

The door opened, someone came in, free to look upon a half-dazed Fa-Matoran hanging from a grapnel stuck in the ceiling.

“Eu…eurehkaaaa” I drawled

Edited by Rucks
  • Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

He was somewhat surprised to see the being he had come here to see attached to the ceiling while making noises of success, but then again, given the Fa-matoran's reputation, Dehkaz decided he probably should have been ready for something like that.  His violet eyes gazed out from under the brim of his hat, up to the wayward Farzan, with a slightly bemused expression on his face.

"I suppose that means it works, if I'm translating correctly," Dehkaz said, raising his hands and directing his elemental energies towards the matoran.  Elementally working the grapple out of the ceiling, he lowered Farzan to the ground before dusting off his hands.

"I apologize for my somewhat unannounced appearance, but something came up, and I'm afraid I won't be in Po-Koro much longer."

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Visalk walked up behind Tallix using huna and tapped him on the shoulder.

OOC: You forgot to mark it with IC: Visalk. Oops.

IC Tallix: 

Tallix, startled by the invisible figure, swung his daggers around behind him, hoping to slash whatever was trying to hit him.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

IC: Skuggy

"Well then son," said the privateer jovially. "welcome aboard. Me and the guard love some new faces."

IC:

Jarrun nods his head at Skuggy and then climbs aboard the ship. "What is your name?" he asks as he casts his orange orbs about the boat. "This is a nice boat you have here."

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC:

"Well-met Skuggy," Jarrun offers him a hand to shake. It was then Jarrun got his first real good look at his new boss. Skuggy sure was a sight to behold. He hadn't realized at first, but Skuggy was clearly Vortixx. The parrot he'd seen earlier appeared to be surgically attached to his shoulder, along with a few other strange modifications.

"I suppose that means it works, if I'm translating correctly," Dehkaz said, raising his hands and directing his elemental energies towards the matoran.  Elementally working the grapple out of the ceiling, he lowered Farzan to the ground before dusting off his hands.

"I apologize for my somewhat unannounced appearance, but something came up, and I'm afraid I won't be in Po-Koro much longer."

IC: Farzan (Farzan's Workshop)

"Oh it works alright" I replied after shaking off the aftershock from hitting the ceiling like a cork out of a shaken (not stirred) bottle, "my baby's all grown up now"

I handed the prototype over to Kreff, who carefully stowed the finished product behind the counter while I talked nonstop.

"You see, increasing the size of the mechanism left me short one crucial part that I couldn't scrounge up whatsoever, but then I had the brilliant idea to try and use a widget instead, I mean I always confused those things with parts anyway. Who even comes up with money that looks like a gear? Anyway the widget did the trick, now I'll just have to order a custom batch of pieces with that exact mold and I'm good to go, guess that's what they call getting your money's worth, huh?"

I stopped there, breathing in and out, in and out. Phew, that was a lot of words all at once.

"I'm sorry, whaa?" I asked, finally catching up with what the Fa-Toa had said. Something something something...

Kreff sighed, and came forward again. Reaching out with a claw, he clamped onto my arm.

"OW" I yelped at first, even as the pain jump-started my awareness and I got my mind in order.

"Thanks, Kreff, I needed that" I said before turning towards Dehkaz proper.

"So you're leaving town to take care of business? Then I guess you're gonna want your order with you?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

”If it's not too much trouble,” the toa of Magnetism replied, eager to get going and off to Onu-Koro as quickly as possible, but willing to wait on Farzan's eccentricities. For a time at least. ”It would be of immense help.”

”And,” Dehkaz added, his gaze following a few of items around the shop, ”I may add a few more items to that order.”

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Music to my ears!" I replied as I spun on my heel.

"Kreff, go out back and fetch the gentleman his order would you?"

I completed the 360-degree spin and faced Dehkaz again.

"So what else are you having?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"That won't be a problem" I said, quickly walking towards the appropriate rack to find the weapons.

"Keep in mind that these things don't pack the same wallop as a full-sized launcher, they're designed for fast firing."

"Of course, they shouldn't disappoint either"

"Emphasis on shouldn't" I thought to myself.

Kreff came out carrying an elongated object in a wrapping, I nodded at Dehkaz, and the Ussal crab handed it to the Fa-Toa.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Ic: Seneaux

Seneaux blasted ice at tallix

IC Tallix:

"Will some one PLEASE stop attacking me? One at a time, people, not a lot to ask!" Tallix expertly dodged the ice, and summoned a shield of stone to protect himself.

IC Halyx:

You know who didn't dodge the ice? Halyx. "Guys? Help! I'm stuck to the boat! 

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

IC:

Defying every stereotype that folks had regarding Le-Matoran, I turned tail and dived into the water.

'Course, I knew that simply being underwater wouldn't protect me from Jalim (sorry, Tallix) and his boulders, so I started swimming towards the big black shape that looked enough like the ship that I had a fairly good suspicion that it was the ship (ain't I a genius folks?).

My hand felt the hard wood of the Spirit's hull.

And I surfaced, promptly clinging to the side of the ship and spitting up water.

Then, suddenly:

"Ay, Halyx," I shouted up to the Toa, "what're you doing stuck to the boat?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Halyx:

"Ask Seneaux. She's the halfwit who missed our dear friend over there and shot me with a bolt of ice. I can't seem to... ugh... activate my fire powers... Or even... ack... move my arms... ERGH! Lumira, mind helpin---ARGH!!!" Halyx was overtaken with a sudden blast of pain in his mind, like a thousand voices were going off inside of his head. Without any control over his actions, Halyx summoned up all the elemental energy his could. Combined with his mask power, he was able to free himself, kickjump himself onto the land, dash towards the dome Tallix had produced and destroy it. As he went in for the killing blow, however, he collapsed.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

IC: Demos

"Wonderful," he said somewhat sarcastically, not looking forward to the brightness or heat. He shed his overcoat, already subliminally feeling the heat.

IC: Syvra

Yet another eyeroll was the only response given to the statement. He cared not for sarcasm when it wasn't needed. Given the severity of the situation they found themselves in now was not the time for any negative feelings between the three. Stopping on a dime, Syvra turned to face Demos and stared coldly at him

"Listen here, whoever you are at the moment, We are about to be attacking a fortress filled with many opponents. That means we are going to have to be watching each other's back. Each of us has a reason to ensure the other stays alive. You have reason to ensure I stay alive due to the poison coursing through your veins. Seren has reason to make sure you don't die since that would look rather bad on his report... I... I truthfully don't have any reason to ensure either of you stay alive aside from it would look bad for me if the two beings I was teamed with died. As such let's try to be a little nicer and respectful to each other, at least until we finish what we came here to do." 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC Halyx:

IC:

Well that was weird.

Still, no point worrying about that now while we've got a psychopath of a Toa on the attack. So, I climbed back onto the dock, shucking my now-sodden coat (besides it was getting really hot while we were in the desert), made sure my sword was still in my hand (it was), and looked at my options.

There weren't many.

But there were just enough.

"Leron!" I shouted to the Toa of Air. "Get Halyx back to the ship! Seneaux, Guvla, I need you two to keep Tallix under attack!"

As for myself, I went straight into a charge at the mad Toa. Only this time, my sword was aimed for a slash across his back.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]