BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: I have decided to play Ardoku with a first person perspective.

IC: Ardoku
Darkness. It had graced my eyes many times before, and would probably do so many times more, and here I was, once again enveloped by it. Hello my old friend.

Suddenly, I heard movement. Someone else was here with me. Then I heard a voice, and that's when I knew who was there. Speaking of old friends'. "Torvoth, that you? Are you ok?"

Speaking of ok, I was now starting to feel my body. And it was in pain. A lot of pain.

OC: We both swapped to first-person, oddly enough. 

IC: Torvoth

I heard a voice.

"Torvoth, that you? Are you okay?"

It was kind of soft, but more importantly, irritating and strangely familiar. Actually, even more important that being irritating and familiar, the voice was not hostile and not a Rahkshi and also not a feral Rahi. So far, so good. Names and faces floated through the dark recesses of my noggin until I eventually called out, "Ardoku?"

The response was an affirmative.

"In response to your earlier query... yes, it is most certainly me. Or at least, I am fairly certain I am me. Unfortunately, I am not okay. My legs appear to have taken a leave of absence - I can't tell entirely what's the matter, given the fact that it's pitch black, but they are dysfunctional completely." As I finished saying this, suddenly a wash of memories flooded through my mind. The Dark Walk quest, the cave-in, and the battle with the Rahkshi which involved my back being broken. "Wait. Belay that. My legs are attached, but my spine isn't. So. Uh. How are you?" I grunted. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

"I'm fine, my body is aching, but I can at least feel all of it." I say as I attempt to stand up. The complete and utter darkness continued to dance around my eyes, and in contempt, I generated a small ball of plasma to drive it away. 

The plasma generated enough light that I could basically see at about three arms length away from me, and I saw... rubble. Alright, what about this way? The cave wall. Fair enough. This way? Ah, how nice... more darkness. Just one more direction. And that's... more rubble, fantastic. "Well, I can see butt-ton of rubble around me. And I think I may have been blocked in on the other side from the exit."

Suddenly, I could hear clicks coming from somewhere. Ominous clicks. "Hey, is that you?" I had a bad feeling Torvoth's answer would be a negative...

"Heck no. I don't make clicky noises. Most of the time I don't."

The noise came again, slightly closer this time.

"We need to move. NOW."

I paused a moment before adding, "When I said, 'we need to move,' I meant YOU need to move ME. NOW!"

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

OOC: Sorry, le-toa_rock, but your sudden appearance here is unacceptable and quite frankly unrealistic, as well as very much so intrusive. I am going to now proceed to ignoring your post, and instead do what I was originally going to do.

"Yeah yeah, I'm on it." Quickly, I started to dig through the rubble that blocked my way, but even I could see that I wouldn't be able to make it through all of it in time. So instead, I backed up, and charged up a plasma blast. "Avert your eyes, Torvoth... also, shield your head." With that short warning, I released my blast at the rubble, blowing it away and opening up the exit to outside. I felt a bit woozy from expending so much energy, but I had no time to waste. I quickly grabbed Torvoth, and began to make my way over the destroyed rubble. And that's when the clicking sounds came from right behind me....

I jumped out of the way of a Nui-Jaga's stinger and put Torvoth back down, drawing my sword and putting it up in front of me. But I wasn't fast enough. The Nui-Jaga struck again, this time sending me flying backwards. I grunted from pain. "Oh boy, this is not my day..." Unfortunately, this left Torvoth closer to the scorpion rahi than me...

Ic: Keyanu

Keyanu swirled the water around in the cup slightly, watching the small whirlpool appear in the center, before taking a drink from it. Tasteless, as to be expected, but you could never be too sure of something in a new land.

She eyed up the words closely,and replied with a raised eyebrow

"There are... Other "Koro's?".

She realised what she was saying halfway through, but she couldn't stop, because by the time she had decided to, the sentence came to a natural conclusion. She mentally slapped herself, thinking about the fact that there naturally would be other places named similarly - it was only a small island after all.

I thudded to the ground as my Toa companion unceremoniously dumped me in his haste to avoid the beast's attack. Speaking of which, the beast happened to be right on top of me. It bore down on me, its compound eyes gleaming a ferocious crimson. I could only see this, of course, thanks to the still-glowing aftermath of Ardoku's plasma blast. The enormous scorpion's mandibles clicked and chattered mere inches away from my beautiful face.

Massive claws snapped menacingly to both my left and right with sickening speed and loudness. The Nui-Jaga skittered back and forth on its many legs, obviously excited, but undecided as to how to slay and consume its prey. It appeared that I was invited to dinner for two, so I decided it was only proper to greet my fellow diner.

"Hello."

The Rahi paused and seemed to regard me quizzically.

"Dinner is served," I proclaimed as I forced the angular metal mass of my broken handgun into its mouth.

IC: Motini - Po-Koro Streets

IC:

Peho felt his heart sink in his chest as this lady kept talking. Could he be going in the wrong direction with this Rahkshi hunting? The group had been fighting each other since day one, but so had the ILF back in the day ... but then, he'd heard that it had straight-up splintered a few months ago ... but that had been because Makuta was gone; they still had Rahkshi all over the island. They still had an objective (that they didn't know how to find, how to defeat, how to work together long enough to beat); that would be enough, right?

...right?

"If that's the case," Peho said, turning back to his group and away from the strange lady without even a word of goodbye, "I'll go with Savfina."

He looked over at the Turaga and tried a smile.

"Just in case you need any help."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:Arvas

Oh no, they weren't having a 'Everyone be a team work together' moment were they?

If they were, he didn't really want to be left out. Not out of caring for them, more out of unit cohesion. He gave a deep, grumbling sigh.

"If it speeds up us getting out of here, I'll come too." he sighed, walking back.

"Don't want to stay any longer than I have to. It's too...exposed."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Savfina

While she smiled at the number of those who offered to come with her, Savfina couldn't help but feel a bit overwhelmed all of a sudden.

"No need for the entire group to come, but thank you. Only one or two need join me, if at all. I shouldn't be long. The techies are going to want to come back to the station to fawn over the mech, anyway."

IC: Volin

"Well, I'll be waiting." Volin drawled, gradually fading into the crowd as he stayed his course. He jammed a hand in his pocket and pulled out a pack of cigarettes, fiddling one out which he followed with a quick light. It hung lazily from the side of his mouth, the other end blowing smoke as he waded through a sea of people, following his memory all the way to the train station.

There it is...

With the railway in sight, he kept his eyes peeled for somewhere he could sit, preferably a shaded bench. 

Edited by TX Wade

IC Andrex:

Andrex nodded twice, taking a swig of the crisp liquid.

Ga-Toa, maybe?

He shrugged.

"Seems that way. Only been to that one and this, though I've heard there's a village out on the water, with beaches and sunshine."

He smiled. He liked water, which was perhaps unusual for a being of his affinity, but he didn't care.

OOC: I'm assuming you can't shoot the thing since your gun is broken.

Before the Nui-Jaga could take offense to Torvoth's actions, I had managed to get back to my feet. I swiftly and silently charged at the rahi, swinging my claymore to slash its tail off. The tail flew off, and the Nui-Jaga screeched in pain. It spat out the broken gun and fled back into the depths of the darkwalk, where hopefully no one would have to meet it again. I sheathed my sword, taking a deep breath, before turning to my companion and kneeling by him.

"Need a hand?" I inquired rather sarcastically.

Edited by Toa Onaku

I glanced up at my rescuer.

"Yes, a hand would by nice. Also a spine. In fact, a spine would be nicer than a hand. But I'll take the hand for now." I took the proffered hand as Ardoku pulled me roughly over his shoulder. Before I let him heft me all the way, I snatched up the remaining shattered parts of my handgun, stuffing into the now-shredded rucksack I carried everywhere. "Thanks. I don't usually say that." I coughed, spitting out a few springs and hydraulic fluid. Additional skittering sounded in the darkness. Perhaps the dinner was actually a banquet or a feast for the cave-dwelling Rahi. At least, it would be if we couldn't get away fast enough. I cleared my throat. "We may want to move. By 'may', I mean 'really really really'..."

We left in a hurry.

We walked. Walked in the Dark Walk. Heh. It would have been kind of amusing, save for the fact that I was in excruciating pain and the fact that the journey seemed to be endless. I could definitely understand why even "brave" Toa might have quailed to enter such a place of endless shadow. I have no idea for how long Ardoku carried me, as I think I lapsed in and out of consciousness, bouncing up and down with a clatter of armor. We may have even been in there for days, for time itself dissolved under the oppressive shadows. Things which are not started to swim into existence, but not into focus ahead of me. Faces I've known, people I've killed, experiences I've had... and more strangely, experiences I have yet to have. Or perhaps, experiences which I might have had. Or might not. Even now, the logic of my visions was not comprehensible to me. I could only understand that I was experiencing the consequences of spending too much time where only monsters should walk. However, I was suddenly shaken out of my haze for reasons that I originally could not place. 

"Hey, Toa. I may be simply hallucinating as I grow closer to death, but it seems that the ever-pervasive darkness that has enveloped us has gotten ever so slightly less pervasive and dark. Thoughts, Toa?"

OC: Handgun is indeed broke as Karzahni. 

Of course all the shaded areas were packed. Even the natives, who were accustomed to the brutal heat, knew better than to suffer in the sun for too long. Thoroughly annoyed, he bit down on his cigarette, accidentally crumpling the end in his mouth and practically ruining it.

"Great." he muttered, dropping the stick on the ground and smudging it against his heel. Pulling another one out from the pack, he kept walking around in search of somewhere he could sit undisturbed but to no avail. Finally, he gave in and sat down on a lone, unshaded bench that stood not too far off from the station gate. Made of stone and built for Matoran, the rock felt hard against his lower back, and the sun beat down on him mercilessly.

He took a long drag

and exhaled.

As uncomfortable as Volin was, at least no one sat with him.

Nobody ever sat with him.

Arvas remained wordless. He didn't like Po. It was too hot. Now he was torn between helping charge the unpowered armor or going and waiting by, or on the train.

"I mean, I can go wait by the train if you want, I was just offering to help."

Yeah.

Well said, Arvas.

IC:Nyhrax

The Po-Toa teleported about, as she always did, with her Kualsi. Teleporting on top of the wall, she observed her home. People bustling around, some guy sat by himself, a dead robot, etcetera etcetera. Nothing out of the ordinary. Teleporting back down to street level, she began milling around near the train. That was where newcomers often came from. Walking across the desert was too much for some.

Ha. Weak. She smiled.

OOC:Nyhrax open for interaction

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

"It probably just means we're getting closer to the exit." I myself had felt overcome by the darkness. When one lacks any semblance of imagery in your vision, the mind often tends to start making things up, almost as if it were bored. But Torvoth was right, the darkness was becoming less overwhelming the further we went now.

Eventually, a single ray of light suddenly came into view. I knew exactly what this meant, and regardless of fatigue and soreness in my legs from carrying an entire vortixx, I began running. Finally, the two of us emerged from the Darkwalk, and into the warm desert sun. It was blinding at first, of course, since we had spent who knows how long of a time down there in complete darkness, but being a Toa of Plasma, my eyes quickly got used to the brightness.

"Well then... what direction is Po-Koro again?"

IC: Prei

I nod, a gesture of agreement for my fellow guardsman's words.

"Staring at the sun will ensure that you will go blind," I say.

IC: Mihlra

"I wasn't... bah, nevermind."

With a last, dirty look at the object which was currently intent on cooking her alive inside her armor, Mihlra turned towards the pair.  Guards.  Or Sentinels, whatever they were called nowadays.  "It's not illegal."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Words shook me out of the semi-conscious daze that I inhabited. 

"Well then... what direction is Po-Koro again?"

It was the voice of my tireless and loyal companion, Toa Ardoku. I opened my eyes and bitterly regretted this action, as the unforgiving harsh light of the desert burned into them with ferocious intensity. After what seemed like ages, they finally acclimatized. I glanced around from Ardoku's shoulder and jabbed my finger in the proper direction before slumping back just as he started off away from the Dark Walk and into the light of Po-Wahi. 

Without another word, I set off to the village of stone, carrying my beat up companion on my shoulder like a bag of cement. Sure, I'd probably be hurting in my shoulder for days after this, but I paid no mind to that at the moment. Instead, I tirelessly continued walking, knowing that eventually I would see the silhouette of the village on the horizon.

Which I did, eventually. There, in the distance, the unmistakable outline of Po-Koro stood tall from the surrounding desert sands, calling to me and guiding me home... well, to safety, anyway. At least, as safe as it could be in times like these. After what seemed to be an eternity of walking without the village getting any closer, it finally did get closer. And closer.

I walked through the gates of the village, making my way to the medical center.

Ardoku marched through the gates to Po-Koro, a most welcome sight. I was only able to see this sight because I dimly heard the din of work and chatter in my pained stupor.  Suddenly, a strong and very unpleasant realization hit me.

"Ardoku?"

"Yes?"

"I'm about to die."

"The medical center should be just a few minutes walking."

"I have a broken back and enough internal injuries to kill a Kane-Ra bull. I am fairly certain at this point that my body has held up marvelously as best as it could, but it has reached the end of the line." I could feel as the multitude gears and pistons which melded with my organic muscles slowly began to lose their metallic strength and regular motion within me. Sound started to seep away, slowly, but then terrifyingly faster and faster. It became an ever-increasing chore to keep my eyes open, let alone focused on my surroundings. At the edges of my already ravaged vision, the world began to darken and cloud over entirely. I distantly felt Ardoku break into a run beneath me, but I kept myself conscious for one final herculean effort. Drawing my chainblade, I revved it up and pushed against Ardoku's sheathed sword with my last ounce of strength.

Metal teeth spinning at several thousand rotations per minute cried out in protest as they scraped repeatedly against Ardoku's well-forged weapon, sending out an ear-splitting shriek of tortured metal echoing through the entirety of Po-Koro. I placed the last of my hopes in my makeshift siren, hoping that the screeching noise would attract some people with at least some semblance of medical training would save me before it was too late. I wasn't afraid of death by any means, but I had hoped to go out in a much more awesome way. Sadly, these thoughts too began to slip away as I began to slip out of this world and into the next. 

"I need a doctor..." I murmured.

Everything went black. 

OC: Torvoth open for interaction in Po-Koro. Someone please help me. 

IC: Oceanna

IC:

Peho shrugged, trying not to condemn Volin anymore than he'd already been (even if he -did- agree with Guitar Girl on this one). "If you want to."

With that, the massive Toa turned back Savfina, smiling as he crossed his arms. "You'll have to lead the way, though, miss."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

My sword! "Oh karzahni... Hang on!" I ran full speed into the medical center, delivering Torvoth to the emergency reception. "Please! He's been badly injured!" Fortunately, there were medical personnel ready to receive the wounded Vortixx, taking him off my hands and leaving me waiting in the lobby.

And then my shoulder began to burn with pain.

IC Onamazu

She spotted the solitary Toa sitting on a too small bench under a rare patch of shade. He looked a little uncomfortable, or maybe it was comfortable... She wasn't good at guessing those things about other people.

Maybe he just wanted some quiet, the kind of guy that expended rather than gained energy from social interaction. It was really quite interesting, interesting enough that she wanted to ask him about it.

So she did.

Walking over to Volin quietly, she abruptly sat down on the bench, roughly a Matoran-width away.

"So, are you an introvert? You're quiet."

Edited by Lugh

...but close to it

Volin's eyes were on the crowd in front of him, but they barely registered anything they saw. He was too busy in his own thoughts, smoking away on autopilot and not even noticing the familiar face that strolled towards him. Only when...what was her name, Onamazu? Yeah, only when Onamazu sat down beside him did he actually snap back to reality.

"An introvert? Hardly." he chuckled, his tone low and dry. "I just talk too much. Need to keep my mouth shut for a bit."

He tapped his cigarette to the side, its ashes falling to the ground. 

"Want one?"

IC Onamazu

Talk too much? Such a notion was kind of weird in her opinion. It was hard to connect to the people and world around you if you didn't talk, they weren't psychic or anything. Ah I should be saying that... Before she could think to reply, he had offered her a cigarette. It wasn't the first time she'd been offered one, though it was the first time in a while. Probably not since she'd quit work at that inn. Though it was the first time a guy had offered her one.

"Sure."

...but close to it

Well, alright then. Savfina had multiple people to help her, they didn't need a fourth Toa.

"Aight. Just shout if you need help." He shrugged, crossing his arms and turning back.

It was taking them longer than Arvas liked to get this mech powered up so they could leave. After a short walk, he found the train station, with Volin and...Ona...mazu? Yeah, that was it. He walked over, but instead stood next to the bench.

"Hey."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

She started walking, perusing the signs scattered outside the dusty buildings of Po-Koro.

"I grew up here, long ago. I know there's an Engineering Department here somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember where. So much has changed. I don't even think the railway was complete when I was here last."

"Hey."

Wedging a hand into his pocket, he produced a pack and flicked its top open. There were still a handful of cigarettes for Onamazu to pick from.

"So what brings you to the hun-"

As he was about to finish his sentence, he noticed Arvas butting in with a casual "Hey."

"Hey yourself, bud." he said, pack still open. "Want one?"

Edited by TX Wade

IC: Nameless Po-Koro Surgeon (pertaining to Torvoth)

Click.

Wait.

Beep. 

Pour..

Drink. 

It felt good to get some energy back. Just like any Matoran, he could have imbibed energy simply through his hands, but it was much more satisfying to drink it down. This particular energy was a fairly bitter and slightly stale cup of coffee. There was always some coffee in the medcenter, though always of varying quality and temperature. This batch was not very notable in any which way, save that it was now piping hot. It was also being slowly poured into his mouth.

Augh, that was hot. 

Regardless, it was still pretty good. It was at least something to keep him going, even as the sun began to dip towards the horizon. 

"Hey, Doc." He turned to see one of the other doctors stride into the break room, flashing a genuine smile at him. 

"Mmm," he grunted in response. 

"You okay, chief?"

Sigh. "Alright, I'm gonna have to take that as a definite 'no'... "

"Last patient. Real tough case. Just got out of the operating room after several painful hours."

"Oh?"

"Dropped off by some Plasma Toa, busted up really badly. Internal injuries - hemorrhaging, crushed lung, every non-mechanical organ damaged, and shattered hydraulics all over."

"."

"Yeah, that's not all. Back broken. Spine severed at-" here he broke off into a fit of coughing, spitting out some of the hot fluid which he had just choked on. His companion watched with concern, but the Po-Matoran  recovered quickly. The people of Stone were made of strong stuff.

"Mata Nui. That sounds rough."

"Mmhmm."

"Is he going to make it?"

"Oh, you can't ask that. You know that's not good. Don't get overattached to the patient or anything." 

Suddenly, the break room doors burst open and in hustled a nurse. "Doctor? It's the patient..."