BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC:

OOC: That's Sorox and Datrox, by the way. Looks like the two of you will be fending off the Terror Twins for the duration of this fight. :evilgrin:

Oh snap I dun missed this

IC Sorox

By the time they decided to get up, Sorox had decided to do so as well. He had drawn his sword and-

Suddenly the machine the Skakdi held blasted him with sound. Datrox would be mostly protected from the blast, as Sorox wasn't exactly spindly, but it wasn't a great job, being a meat shield. The Skakdi needed to learn a lesson, however, in underestimating opponents. He activated his mask and slammed towards the Skakdi at high speed, hoping that the walls of the train were more than capable of stopping him.

• 3 weeks later...

IC: Farzan (Po-Koro)

"One of these days I really should consider petitioning someone for changing the laws of wheight and mass"

This brilliant thought about the depths of the universe's odds and ends has been brought to you by the ramblings of yours truly, as I try to fit this darn harness onto my lovely assistant Kreff.

Kreff was totally cool with it, by the way. I'd very much be loathe to do anything that he wasn't 100% behind, especially not the kind where he gets behind and then on top. But enough about that, more about the work at hand: I had an epiphany a while back that Ussal Crabs are great and all, but wouldn't they be even greater if they could ride into battle with disk launchers?

I had to test it, so I rigged up a harness, assembled a scaffolding at the back and stuck one of my diskette rifles1 on the mount. Of course, the Spirits were feeling mischievous today and decided to ruin my fun a little bit, and that's how I ended up at the back of Kreff, trying to push him into moving from where he had sternly sat himself down after getting his harness on.

Obviously the Spirits were conspiring against me because they were a bunch of party-poopers who didn't want fun to get in the way of the three virtues, but I wasn't born yesterday, I'm pretty sure anyway.

So riddle me this: what has two thumbs, is probably a geniusand is so not ready to admit the defeat but has to do it anyway right now?

This guy!

"Alright, Kreff, so maybe it's not the right weight, aight?" I suggested as Kreff scurried around to beam at me. Apparently he wasn't particularly impressed by that remark, then again he's a pretty tough audience.

"It's gonna need something, but what?" I mumbled to myself as I sat down outside my workshop in a rational pose.

1. Seriously, check out this baby

2. And sane... probably

Edited by Geardirector
  • Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: 

“What’s in this again… ?”

The bartender’s arm continued to move in a vigorous, circular motion as he wiped down the counter. “Only my finest whiskey, aged in oak and flavored with a few... special ingredients. You like?”

I raised an eyebrow slightly. “It’s unlike anything I’ve tasted before.”

“Good, good!”

Thankfully the man had taken that as a compliment. I peered back down into the dark liquid, wondering what those “special” ingredients could be. An occasional bog leech at the bottom of the bottle was fine by me, but this definitely didn’t taste much at all like the flavorful Le-Koroan whiskey I was used to.

I took a moment to study the tavern’s interior, making note of the weird stains on the walls and the forlorn, empty tables. A single window by the door illuminated a swirling cloud of dust motes that hung lazily in the afternoon light. The place was a bit of a hole in the wall to say the least, which was made even clearer by the fact that I was its only customer.

“Are you waiting for someone?”

His voice startled me, and my chin nearly toppled from where it had been perched on my knuckles. “Oh, no,” I responded, somewhat amused by his assumption. “I’m just here for the tornado juice.” I raised my glass for emphasis.

He chuckled. I could have sworn there was only a single tooth left in his mouth.

I was beginning to feel like this wasn’t my idea of fun, especially on such a scaldingly hot day. I shut my eyes tightly and downed the rest of my drink as fast as I could, wincing at its bitterness. Now you must understand that I’m a guy who likes bitter booze, so whatever it was that I had just consumed was some seriously questionable stuff. It was so bad, I couldn’t even refer to it as 'grandpa’s cough medicine’.

I placed a few widgets on the bar and thanked the guy regardless, then headed for the door. I needed a ####### cigarette.

The street was pretty crowded, so I ducked into the nearest alley to light up. I inhaled greedily, and exhaled with a simultaneous sigh of relief. The azure sky was perfectly clear save for a few small, fluffy clouds. I shielded my eyes against the sun’s blazing rays for a moment before continuing on my merry way. Or at least as merry a way as one could pursue in such uncanny heat.

After only a minute or so of walking, I leaned against the side of a building in a cool patch of shade to finish my cig in relative comfort. A Matoran was sitting on the stoop a few feet away, seemingly lost in deep thought. He was a slim little fellow, with peculiar, yellowish eyes and jet black armor. I almost asked him how he was still alive on a day like today, but then thought that might come off as a bit of an odd first impression. Still, I had to say something.

“You got some pretty stellar shade right here man. ######, that sun is relentless today.”

Edited by Requiem
  • Upvote 1

IC: Farzan (Outside his Workshop)

"I should be so lucky, stellar shade would imply that I'm actually cooling down, because starlit night sky" I replied, and turned my head to look at the newcomer.

Sleazy smuggler type? Something like that anyway, it's hard to juggle all these stereotypes sometimes, especially when you're sometimes a walking stereotype yourself.

"But of course, Po-Koro would never be so accomodating, and even I can't fix that" I said with a sigh and threw my head back, looking up at the blue sky.

"Still," I continued, not at all done talking, "I can really complain, but I'm not gonna, because that'd fall into my least favorite category of time, which is "time not being amazingly clever", and I don't like that time"

"Someday I hope to build a Time Machine, or maybe craft a Mask of Time or something like that, and go back and give myself all of my good ideas in advance, and I can leave myself to spend more time thinking up all new iideas, which would be perfect."

"How about you? Do you have any ambitions in life?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Konihi - Po Koro - Kultax and friends group

Well it looked like Gairu was frozen or something, so while I was waiting for him to respond I turned to Kultax.

"I'm surprised you're not out right now looking for Biotron"

Edited by The Invisible Noob

IC:

His least favorite way to spend time is when he's not being amazingly clever, so he wants to build a time machine?

I laughed a little at that. Is he some kind of inventor or something? Maybe just a simple craftsman. I scratched the back of my head, a bit taken aback by the sudden onslaught of information. His scope eye seemed to be probing me for answers, assessing my every movement. I exhaled a puff of smoke and watched it dissipate in the light breeze. 

"A time-traveling device would certainly come in handy." I agreed. "As far as ambitions go though, I've gotta say I'm not exactly your guy. I find it easier to take things day by day, ya know?" I slid down the wall and took a seat on the warm sand. 

"So you like building stuff, huh? Any new projects you're trying tackle? Other than your time-machine, of course." 

Edited by Requiem

IC: Konihi - Po Koro - Kultax and friends group

That seemed more like the bare minimum effort to protecting Biotron considering the matorans volatile nature, but then again he was dead weight. The flexibility Toa held their code to was fascinating, though then againKultax did seem to be attempting to guilt trip the party into looking for Biotron.

"Gairu seems to have ceased functioning, and since he and Biotron were the main proponents for ruin hunting we don't really have a goal ... we could go hunting"

IC: Konihi Po Koro gates - Po Wahi

"Then let's go, I want to be back by the end of the day so we wont go far"

With that said we stepped out of the gates and into the wastes of Po Wahi.

​As we walked along the shore I spotted a herd of peaceful horned herbivorous creatures in the distance. Knowing the proper response to any wild rahi I immediately kept my distance and pulled out my bow.

OOC= the rahi are Mukau

--IC: Gairu--

Looks like the treasure hunting will have to wait, Gairu thought to himself as he followed the rest of his party, gesturing for Rebraz to follow along.

IC: Konihi

I drew my bow carefully and aimed it at one of the beasts, still as  a herd it would be impossible to kill them all. I could pick off a straggler though. I ask the group in a hushed voice."What are those things?"

To Rebraz, Gairu whispered back, "You're not bothering us, mate.  You're just bothering Konihi."

To Konihi, he said, "What do you mean, 'now that I'm awake?'  I've been awake this whole time.  But sure; if you're done plotting to kill a Mukau, then by all means, let's get going."

He resumed leading the group to the temple.

"It was on the map, mate.  I haven't actually had a chance to 'learn' much about the temple; we'll find out when we get there."

"You were there, Konihi.  I got this map from the guy at the adventurer's shop.  And don't temples usually contain a large amount of wealth used as a way of appeasing some god?  Because if they don't, then I've been watching all the wrong movies."

Treading through burning sand I continue following the Toa. Should have paid more attention at the shop? No.

"Which proves my point, the map was publicly available and the temple will have been visited by whoever sold it and made it ... Also, what's a movie?"

"The reason that whoever made the map visited the temple was to put it on the map.  It's simple logic, man.  And just because a temple with wealth in it was put on a publicly accessible map, doesn't mean that the public has gone and looted it all."

After a pause, Gairu added, "Also, a movie is Mata Nui's gift to his people.  If you don't know what one is, you need to get with the times."

OOC: This is a steampunk ish level technology setting Cap, movies don't exist. I thought we had been through this before.

"So what you're saying is that nobody's visited this temple but you assume it has treasure in it because tropes say so?"

"Look, if you're going to roast on my idea to go treasure hunting, then we can just stop right here and do something else," said Gairu, a tad angrier than he meant to say it.  "I assume you have some infinitely better idea that we could waste our time going through with?"

--OOC:--

It was a joke, Invisible Noob.

Huh I got him angry.

"My plan is to go sightseeing at the temple, I just want to be sure you've thought this out, how long have you been planning this Gairu?"

Up ahead I could see a large stone construct. What was that?

"I've been planning this out in my head while the rest of you have been arguing about whether or not it's ethical to kill a Mukau."

OOC: I'll let you describe the temple.

This Toa was going to die by my hand, maybe today, maybe tomorrow. It would happen. Eventually we arrived at what looked like a temple. Soon I would see if this venture was at all worthwhile.