BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: (Ayna)

"You son of a...!"
She desperately reached up in an attempt to attack Kultax in some way, but failed, choosing instead to cross her arms and turn away from him.
It was actually kind of cute.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Konihi

I quietly growled at Kultax's remark, before making my way through the doorway to whatever lay ahead. The interactions of my 'team mates' reminded me of those of the weak Araka I had the misfortune to call my kin. Nothing more than wasting time, that's all they were doing. 

Po-Wahi- Temple Run

IC: The innermost chamber of the temple was unimpressive to the casual observer despite it's size. The large cavern was filled with stones shelves which were themselves pilled high with a variety of objects.

Neatly ordered stacks of stone tablets were the most common. It would take days just to catalogue them all even with a decently sized party. A quick glance at the nearest few showed them covered in neat text and professional looking pictures.

Also on the shelves were a collection of sculptures. If any of the group had a background in art they might have recognized several of the pieces as ones long thought lost, stolen or destroyed by the followers of Makuta.

This was a massive find from an archeological standpoint. The sculptures alone would fetch a pretty widget if the right buyers could be found. The real attention grabber was something else however.

On a series of pedestals near the door were five glowing blue objects. Amana Volo Spheres. Relics of a now bygone age, they only appeared during the removal of a rahi's infected Kanohi. With the defeat of Makuta and the distinct lack of infected animals running rampant across the island the incredibly useful spheres were exceedingly rare. Anyone who might have one certainly hadn't told anybody else about it.

A single sphere could heal simple to moderate wounds and gave a significant strength boost for about half a minute after being used. While so enhanced a person could perform feats of strength beyond what they were normally capable ofm It wasn't as effective as a Pakari but it was impressive nonetheless.

The only downside was that they were single use items. The user absorbed the Amana Volo to gain its effects, making multiple uses a tricky affair to say the least.

Aside from the breathing of the three companions it was completely silent in the cavern. The air in here had not moved in centuries. Fitting for a vault as a vault this was. All the objects in sight were made of stone or metal, long lasting materials that could be left for an eternity in a room just like this and suffer no ill effects.

It was as like some sort of giant time capsule.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

By the reactions of my companions I could tell that the items here were valuable, yet I had no context for whatever this treasure trove held. My eye's were drawn to the five glowing sphere's nonetheless.

"What are these?" I asked in some awe, pointing at the five glowing orbs.

Right, so I'd need someone to identify what this stuff was ... that would make leveraging this treasure for wealth a bit more difficult than I had hoped. I approached the the middle of the room cautiously, aware that there could be one last trap to be sprung, but unwilling to let anyone else get a close up look at the orbs first.

Po-Wahi- Temple Run

IC: There were no traps. Putting them in the vault would have been counterproductive to the point of said vault.

OOC: I'm going to call the quest here guys. You passed all the tests and now can claim the spoils. Which basically boil down to those Amana Volo spheres and a bunch of widgets. Just get back to Po-koro soon so I can start my thing.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: I've still got to return to that shop later Silvan, though that'll probably a few day's away.

I stop for a moment so the others could catch up, no need to get into a fight in a room filled with such treasures. 

"... Yes, we should approach together"

As on we approached the five sphere's, that seemed to pull towards us as we approached. Eager to study them before anything weird happened, I quickly opened my satchel and stuffed all five glowing orbs inside.

"We'll take these back to Po Koro as evidence we survived the temple ... then we can sell the artifacts, deal?"

Looks like I was mistaken about Kultax. I was sure he'd want to share this discovery with the world, but instead he wants to hoard it all so he can have a secret base. I weighed my options ... before speaking.

"Well then I'll leave four of the orbs back here" I said placing them back on the pedestal, "and we can take one back to Po Koro so someone can identify what it is ... then we can buy some equipment to make this place our secret base"

"Good"

Taking the lead position with my sphere in bag, I lead the others out of the temple. As we exited I noticed that the sun was setting behind the temple, leaving us in it's colossal shadow.

At quite a distance outside the temple I motioned to the group to stop and pulled out my bow.

"Do you hear that?"

Edited by The Invisible Noob

I was way back up on a  dune, having just loosed an arrow at Kultax. With my honed eyesight I could see that Kultax had managed to deflect the arrow at the last second. Was that from an accursed stroke of luck, or did Ayna warn him? 

Truth of the matter was that now I had the treasure the others had turned from a useful tool into a liability. I had no need to share when I could just snipe them with an arrow, and besides restraining myself to act polite was starting to wear thin on my nerves.

I too aim again, this time lining up my shot with the Matoran, Ayna. I released my two fingers from the string and the arrow was launched at the vulnerable matoran.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

I pulled back behind the dune, I couldn't see them through the dust storm ... but Kultax wouldn't be able to hold it up forever would he? Patiently I re-positioned myself to the top of another sand dune and waited.

Edited by Supreme King TIN

IC: (Ayna)

"I...I..."
She hesitated. Kultax had been her closest companion during their travels, she couldn't just leave him alone to deal with their attacker, which she had now surmised was Konihi.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Kultax

I spare Ayna a quick glance, staying silent as I walk towards the dunes.

Do I say goodbye? It gives me closure. A sense of completion. But on the other hand.. it implies I'm already leaning a certain way in regards to the outcome of this confrontation.

A whispered, "See you later.." is all I manage.

I could see Kultax advancing in the distance while Ayna ran away. Was he playing the part of a brave rescuer protecting his fleeing friend? Just sickening. It was my people's insistence on saving each other over letting the weak die that held them back. Now this same flaw would hold Kultax back, because there's no fleeing from a  fight when I'm involved.

Trading the power for speed I fire two arrows in rapid succession, at both Ayna and Kultax.

IC: Kultax

As soon as the arrows fire I whirl around for a brief second. "Faster Ayna!" My voice is hoarse and urgent, no longer friendly. I turn back and just barely sidestep the other arrow. I already have two in my chest, I don't feel like getting any more. Speaking of the arrows.. were they.. poison?

I start moving slower as I hobble towards the dune. "KONIHI!"

He looked wounded, too wounded to be able to stop me anyhow. I guess I could indulge them a chat.  "Took you a while to put it together ... " I called out as I revealed myself from behind a dune "I suppose you want to know why?"

"... Oh this is about more than the treasure" I explained to my struggling prey " back home I made a point to pit myself against new creatures, to strengthen myself by killing at least one of every species on the island, and while I didn't succeed I did get right up to my fellow Araka ... but now it's time to pit myself against the people of this island, starting with a Matoran"

I shot Kultax a menacing grin at those last words. I knew he wanted me to focus on him now, he was making it too obvious. Shifting my focus I immediately teleported to Ayna, and quickly pulled out my hunting dagger.