BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: (Mura)

An inkling of a memory stirred in Mura's mind.

"Hang on, hang on, you're part of the Toa Kalta? There were rumou-That is to say stories going round in Ta about your toa team. I, uh...that is to say, back in Ta, the messenger from Le was telling me that a two toa were battling near the Le-koro, one was a bounty hunter, and one was from your toa team...they say that an entire section of forest was obliterated and an entire ussalry regiment came to the Toa Kalta's aid, and that...uh well, I assume that the story has become exaggerated a little, but do you think that that could have been Vakua?"

Kathok

IC: "Ironically enough for a De-Toa, he's mute. Can't vocalize at all, beyond using his powers. I think he had a mental hang-up with it, so he can't even use his power to string together speech unless its mimicking someone else. He was given a Suletu, mask of telepathy when he became a Toa. Let's him listen in on thoughts, and broadcast his own. It's a bit... unnerving, since he can't turn it off, but he's had it for long enough he's trained himself to filter out most thoughts that aren't about him.

"As for that rumor... no idea who that could be, but it probably isn't Vakua. He isn't one to fight, but when he does, it's pretty quick. There are more destructive members out there. Might have been Skorm, or maybe even Casanuva. Was anything mentioned about elements?"

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: The Deceiver

Daretaki stood at the southern gate of Ostia, looking at the desert in the south. A huge, brown mountain range extended across the horizon.. or so she had thought, before she realized that it was constantly moving. It seemed to be a typical sandstorm. No wonder the caravans encamped around the walls of the town refused to travel to the apparent capital of the region, Po-Koro.

The sun above had blazed heat on her during the day, forcing her to drink all of the water she had. She would have to resupply for tomorrow.

Daretaki turned around and walked to the large bronze gate of Ostia. It was closed, for the sun was setting behind the horizon. She assumed that they were closed in order to keep the shadier type of people and wandering Rahi outside. But she was neither.. at least so it seemed.

She banged on the gate wih her fist. Soon enough the gates were opened slightly, and a tall guard, clearly a Toa, peeked outside. 

OoC: Does anyone want to play as a NPC guard? :D

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: As someone with an IC guard member as well, it will be a pleasure.

IC: NPC Sentinel (Ostia)

"You got business here?" a burly voiced asked as a green eye peeked out through the gate.

"If you're just looking for shelter against the sandstorm, make up your mind quickly, we don't want to waste any time"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: "Ironically enough for a De-Toa, he's mute. Can't vocalize at all, beyond using his powers. I think he had a mental hang-up with it, so he can't even use his power to string together speech unless its mimicking someone else. He was given a Suletu, mask of telepathy when he became a Toa. Let's him listen in on thoughts, and broadcast his own. It's a bit... unnerving, since he can't turn it off, but he's had it for long enough he's trained himself to filter out most thoughts that aren't about him.

"As for that rumor... no idea who that could be, but it probably isn't Vakua. He isn't one to fight, but when he does, it's pretty quick. There are more destructive members out there. Might have been Skorm, or maybe even Casanuva. Was anything mentioned about elements?"

The matoran wracked his mind for a hint of memory.

"One was...gravity? Maybe. The other one, someone said he was a Ga-Toa but, er, male. Blue anyway."

Kathok

"Yes, sir", she nodded, "I'm planning to wait in this town until the storm ends. Is there an inn with free rooms here?"

She also planned to refill her flask at the town well*, but then she realized that pretending to be a Toa of water might not be a good idea. If she had the ability to turn the humidity in the air into water, why would she need to use the well? Daretaki decided, that she would be a Toa of Crystal. She would be telling the truth for once.

OoC: *I am assuming that Ostia has multiple wells, because any settlement needs a steady supply of fresh water in order to sustain itself. Which makes me wonder, where does Ta-Koro get drinking water from?

Maybe I shouldn't take this game too seriously..

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: NPC Guard (Ostia)

"Water and shelter, alright" the eye responded, before it disappeared behind the gate and an unclear shout could be heard. The gate was opened enough that the Toa could enter, and quickly closed behind her.

Inside, the guard she'd talked to was waiting, somewhat impatiently.

"We'll let you fill up your waterskin and then we're all going inside. Understood?"

The guard himself was quite tall, clearly a Toa of Stone, and rather unusually he wore a Mask of Rebounding. At either side of his hip a crossbow and a large mace were visible.

"This way"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Daretaki nodded and then followed the guard. He was surprisingly strict. Had something happened to make the guard so tense? She couldn't know, and she didn't bother to ask. She wasn't planning to stay here for long anyways.

OoC: Is there anything I should know about this town? I read on the wiki that it was the base for the Sentinel Navy, but there wasn't an article for the town itself.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: I believe sudden, unexpected complications in the face of an impending sandstorm would be ample reason to be "a little strict"  :P

As to the layout of Ostia, practically next to nothing has been defined outside of its purpose as a small military outpost, so I'll just wing this

IC: NPC Sentinel (Ostia)

"Over there" the Sentinel said, gesturing towards the well, standing a little separate from the rest of the buildings and clearly visible.

The Toa, without waiting, plunged a bucket into the well and pulled it back up, filled with sloshing water.

"Alright, fill 'er up. And when you're done we have some room in the barracks. Just go back a bit and take the second on your right, then the door on the left. Doorman will take you from there"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OoC: So the sandstorm is coming towards the town, okay. I just assumed that the storm would stay inland, because I assumed that they don't threaten coastal cities IRL. A quick google search proved me wrong. :P

Daretaki grabbed the bucket and filled her flask. She then gave the bucket back to the guard, thanked him and followed his instructions. The wind was blowing over the wall from south, and she saw the edge of the duststorm looming over the sandstone walls. Looked like it was coming this way. She now understood why the guard was so stern and why the streets were empty.

When she arrived at the barracks, the doorman, a Po-matoran, let her inside and showed her room. She noticed that some of the other rooms were occupied by matoran, who couldn't possibly be guards. Looked like the local militia was letting homeless inhabitants and visitors from elsewhere stay in the barracks for the duration of the storm.

The room was quite small and practical. One small bed, a table, a chair and a chest were the only pieces of furniture. She stored her items in the chest, drank some water and sat on the bed. Daretaki wondered how long the storm would last..

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Sorry about the wait, Vox and VF. I should be back to posting fairly regularly now.

IC: Vail

Light streamed into the room from a single dusty window. The illuminated motes swirled in response to the beings that had disturbed the still silence. The wind howled outside, and sand grains swept the building's exterior at alarming speeds. They were safe inside, contained in a stone shell that protected them from nature's wrath.

How fragile life was. If one of them so much as stepped outside, the wind would pluck him from the earth and toss him about like a feather caught in a gusty winter breeze.

Vail had remained quiet since the newcomer had arrived. Dark and foreboding, one look at him could easily intimidate even the strongest of beings. He presented the likeness of death in its tangible form. A servant of shadow, with a gaze as keen as a dagger's edge.

The Toa of Fire wasn't frightened by him in the slightest, however this did not mean that he was at all fond of him. The dark Toa was like a distorted reflection of his own dark persona. It was as if their very auras rejected the foul taste of the other.

Vail stepped out from behind Voulge and allowed his armor to catch the pale light. In response, diminutive silver glints were cast about the room. To the strange Toa, him and Voulge appeared to be sloppy "wanna be" vigilantes. For all Vail knew, the Toa of Iron agreed with that statement. The truth, however, was far more twisted than either of them could likely comprehend.

The crimson Toa forced a smile.

"I'm sorry, where are my manners. I am Vail, and this is my comrade Voulge." He held out his hand. "I apologize that you had to catch us at such a confusing and chaotic time. We experienced some untimely obstacles back there at the warehouse. We are of the Toa Sarsi, and are currently after the notorious Revan Lockmire. Surely you've heard of him. His vile crimes date back to the days before Makuta, and we intend to put his ill doings to a swift end."

The Ta-Toa was sincere in his words. He had watered them down a bit, sure, and they were far from the complete whole of the situation.

If he could have it his way, he'd rip out the dark Toa's throat right now and throw his body out into the storm. That was another improvised plan though, and Vail was getting tired of painful surprises. Plus, Voulge had probably had his fill of the scent of fresh blood.

For now, we'll just have to wait.

Edited by Requiem

IC: Mar (Motara Desert)

Keeping watch in a cramped crystal dome smothered by a sandstorm was definitely a first, that much I will concede. I could hear the sand rush over the crystal dome's surface, rushing, flowing, like a constant noise in the back of my mind. It wasn't the most pleasant experience.

I looked around, taking in the varied group of fortune hunters, warriors and mercenaries that'd found together under Rhea's banner. Rhea was the kind of type that had this inner fire that drew others in, it had nothing to do with her looks or charm, it went deeper, and despite my pragmatic reasonings for accepting the position, I felt it was there. For probably the first time in a good few years, I had other concerns than just my own and Karv's well being.

It was going to be an interesting career.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Tupua):

"You have your work cut out for you then." the dark Toa replied. He glanced around the room. Outside, the wind howled in ominous voices as the air caught on the edges of doors and was funneled through the village's alleyways. And with it it carried sand with enough force to turn an Onu-Toa completely silver within a few minutes. It would blast the colour right off of their skin.

Tupua found he quite liked the atmosphere the storm created. Since they were safely inside though, he pulled back his hood, revealing the Tryna with the skull-like pattern on its face. His piercing blue eyes looked from The Vortixx captive back to the two Toa. 

"If this one is that bad, why did you not contact the guard to help? And why the collateral damage?"

IC: Voulge

"Simply put, sometimes to do good, one must risk trouble. The guard would likely be too obvious and the target in question would catch on and be lost again. This method prevents him from escaping. And the collateral damage is because they struck first, we offered them a chance to turn themselves in and as such they responded with violence."

Just then, the ussal crab which had been hidden within the confines of Voulge's satchel decided to scuttle out of the satchel, and slowly made it's way to the top of Voulge's mask, where it laid down to watch the other toa

IC (Tupua):

"Next time, don't give them that chance." the dark Toa advised Volgue. 

Then, for the first time since he'd found the two, the other half of the duo chimed in.

"We are of the Toa Sarsi, and are currently after the notorious Revan Lockmire. Surely you've heard of him. His vile crimes date back to the days before Makuta, and we intend to put his ill doings to a swift end.""

Tupua's expression remained unchanged. "Can't say that I have. " Looking at Vail, the dark Toa could tell that he a little love for him. Sure, he tried to mask his disdain behind common courtesy, but Tupua still picked up on the subtle indicators and tell-tale signs. The hint of a grin in the making started to tug at the corner of his mouth, something rather rare for him. 

"I know that look." he said, his eyes still on the crimson Toa. "You'd rather be out there, doing what you came here to do; and I'm just one more thing seemingly standing in your way. You needn't worry. I have no interest in stopping you. I'll even give you a little tip: If you leave before the storm dies down completely, you can use it to mask your approach."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

I took the staff in my hand, testing its heft. Feeling the concrete proof of my our victory. A smile grew on my face despite myself, and I could feel the glow of satisfaction in our dual hearts. Even the pain of the doctor's stitching couldn't keep it at bay.

Of course, that could have been thanks to the morphine....

"Yeah, it's a little big," I said, still looking at the weapon, keeping my gaze from the medic's work. "But at least with this, I can stop using my sword as a cane. You have no idea how much my inner blacksmith has died from me doing that, honestly."

IC:

I grimaced as Torvoth started talking again. Just because I was happy to hear that he wasn't being abandoned, that didn't necessarily mean that I was happy to hear him.

"Oy matey," I said, looking him in the eye, "we've decided ta save yer hide. Ya might be wantin' ta be thankful fer that, by me reckoning."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Voulge

Voulge turned to look at Vail, as he finally spoke up and without hesitating he attempted to slap him across the back of the head, in a more joking type gesture

"Be nice vail." 

however at tupua's suggested he offered the faintest of thankful nods 

"Thank you for the suggestion, I think we will likely take the advice."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Stronin

"Can't really help you with any sightings of your team."

IC: "Wasn't expecting any, but thanks anyway."

Kalyss seemed lost in thought. "... If I had a map, I might be able to travel between settlements. Find them. But I'm stuck here, and frankly, they can survive on their own until this blows through."

Kalyss got up, and stretched out her legs; bits of glass continued to fall from her joints. "Do any of you have a layout of the town? I might be able to melt my way through the sandstorm and discuss matters with the guards, then start organizing an evacuation."

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Stronin

"Can't really help you with any sightings of your team."

IC: "Wasn't expecting any, but thanks anyway."

Kalyss seemed lost in thought. "... If I had a map, I might be able to travel between settlements. Find them. But I'm stuck here, and frankly, they can survive on their own until this blows through."

Kalyss got up, and stretched out her legs; bits of glass continued to fall from her joints. "Do any of you have a layout of the town? I might be able to melt my way through the sandstorm and discuss matters with the guards, then start organizing an evacuation."

"I...I uh think I have one..."

Mura rummaged through his satchel and eventually pulled out a map of the koro, handing it to Kayliss.  

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC:

Vail's eyes burned dangerously bright, but he held his tongue. The sandstorm would likely give them cover in their escape from the Koro, but the severity of the weather concerned him. Travel would be arduous and impossibly slow, not to mention an assured goodbye to his newly polished armor.

Times like these made him wish Mama Ussal hadn't snatched away his cloak. He sighed.

"I can't help but wonder what your intentions are, sir. You seem genuinely concerned for our well being, while most would prefer to keep a wary eye on us from a distance." he shifted his shoulders slightly to re-adjust his posture. "With whom are you affiliated with? Do you intend to stop us in our escapade?" 

The Toa of Fire prepared himself for another slap from Voulge. In truth, he loathed the newcomer's very demeanor. But that fact aside, one couldn't be too careful when confronting shady strangers who came offering advice on a silver platter.

IC: (Ardron/Blackrock)

A call came from behind the canvas screen. The minion quietly entered the closed meeting room. He saw Larikon and Jorruk, sitting on opposite sides of a small wooden table, deep in conversation. Once the zombie entered, they continued. Jorruk knew Ard would reveal no secret.

"Our best guess is to send someone to Ostia, and find out where the Makuta-servants were last seen."

"How are you certain the lesser-heathens would allow us to cooperate with them?"

"They are by nature slimy individuals. They know the greater heathens outnumber them, and will join with their mother's murderers if it is benefit to them. I assure you, Grandmaster, we can make such work for our advantage."

"But they might impress upon us their savage heathenry..."

"We can arrange for it not to be so. I am certain we can arrange terms."

"Find first information of them-then let me decide."

Jor turned to his Zombie. "Ardron, I command you to go to Ostia, go among the drunkards and the guardsmen, find out of the followers of Makuta, and all with them."

He nodded, and went out to the desert. He felt not pain, but kept himself covered with a cloak.  

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

"And where can I find this 'Echelon'?" She asked sternly from the poor matoran, who was bound to a chair by tight ropes. He mumbled something, possibly pleaded for mercy. Which was something he had done for two hours now.

"I-I don't know. Please don't kill me! I have a sister.." he sobbed.

He had been a useful source of information, although she had to torture him for an annoyingly long time. This time he had refused to answer the same question for a third time already. It seemed that the poor adventurer didn't know everything.

"Very well then. You have told me more about this island than I need - or want- to know." She was invisible, thanks to his mask. The matoran couldn't know which one of his fingers he would have lost next. He only had two left.

"Will you let me go?" he asked with a faltering voice.

"Only, if you abandon your false god Mata Nui and praise Makuta's name" She said coldly.

The matoran seemed to think for a moment. And then, with surprising confidence in his voice, he said "Never."

"Very well, then" she said and walked behind the matoran, who could only hear her footsteps for a moment. Then, there was unnerving silence.

With a single swing of her masterfully crafted protosteel longsword, his head was severed, and it fell on the floor, accompanied by a loud thump.

A gruesome fountain of blood appeared where the head had just been. The head itself seemed to be staring into her eyes, even if she was still invisible. The Deceiver thought that it was amusing.

---

Daretaki walked out of the abandoned hut in the outskirts of the town. The duststorm had ended a day ago, and she had immediately went to visit the local tavern. There, she found what she was looking for, when a drunk adventurer claimed to have visited every location imaginable on the island over the years. She had thought that it was an exaggeration, but drunk people sometimes had a seed of truth in their speech. The risk was worth it, because after she led him to her 'home', he had proven to be an excellent source of information. There was a group of Makuta worshippers on the island, who called themselves the 'Legacy'. They were lead by a man called Echelon, but that was everything he had known about them. He had told her about the geography and the cities of the island as well, among various other things. Such as the fact that he was a murderer, but those things were unimportant. She would head out of town as soon as possible..

Suddenly, she noticed something strange about a person that was walking on the streets. She felt, that the person was.. undead. She didn't know how she could sence that, but she was certain of it.

Daretaki approached the walking corpse. It was late at night and they were the only people on the street..

OoC: Mr. House, would you mind some interaction between 'Daretaki' and Ardron? I'm not sure how the zombies work in this, but she needs to find out where Echelon is (I do know, he is in Ko-Koro right now, but she doesn't).

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Sure.

IC: (Ardron/Ostia)

Ard was in town doing business. Buying supplies for the Brotherhood, who partially were evacuating Blackrock Canyon. The woman coming up to him was a surprise.

"Why do you come near? I am simply a traveler, buying supplies."

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: The door to some nameless inn found itself jerked roughly open, as a tallish young Toa of the Green wearing a long coat stepped inside, rubbing his eyes and cursing under his breath in reaction to that bright idea.

Of course a sandstorm had to roll in. Mata Nui, his eyes were killing him. He needed to wash them out as soon as possible, but first...

He turned back towards the outside, using the door as a shield from the oncoming winds. 

"You comin' or what?!" he called out, to some companion that must have still been outside in the storm, before waving them in hurriedly.

As the shorter, slimmer figure literally flew in, he slammed the door closed behind them, much to the relief of everyone inside.

Erzu Salvajemono was not a happy man right now.

"You have fun up there?" he grumbled, rubbing his eyes again and OW karz he really needed some water.

Edited by Snoop Razz

helo frens

She looked at the dead man. On the outside, there was nothing unusual about him. But there was something wrong about him in the inside. There was nothing there.

"I was just wondering what are you doing here ths late.. and who are you buying supplies for?" she asked. The latter question was important to her, for she wanted to find out who was his master. Worshippers of the Sleeping God weren't known for practising necromancy. She hoped that the master was a worshipper of Makuta, or at least knew who Echelon was and where she could find him.

OoC: Is Ardron still looking for Makuta worshippers?

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: No.

IC: (Ardron)

He would meet the Brotherhood caravan on the Ko-Wahi side of Mount Mangai. He had time to talk. Stopping his Ussal cart, he turned to the woman.

"I am buying supplies for my friends. Why do you ask?"

IC:

"'Course." The smaller, slimmer figure said brightly, brushing a little sand off of her shoulders, quite unconcerned about her unusually dynamic entrance. Straightening to her full height, the Ta-Toa stretched her back, rolled her shoulders, culminating in the netting and stretching of her fingers. The display, given that it ended with smacking a fist into the opposite open palm, was a little unnerving for the inn's inhabitants.

"Got to see you stagger around in the frickin' sand. I'm set on my laughter quota for a week."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: "Great, I'll be sure to call you next time I get blinded." he muttered, slightly miffed at the wound given to his pride. Giving her a light thwack on the fore head with his firs two knuckles, he pulled up a chair at an empty table and plopped down unceremoniously, seemingly not at all concerned with the scene he and his companion were making as he ordered a glass of water.

Soon later, he splashed it over his sand-beleaguered eyes, rapidly blinking out any stray particles as he set the half-empty glass down on the table.

"So what's the plan? Spend a couple nights here and look around for anything interesting?" he asked, wiping the water away from his brow.

helo frens

IC:

"Plan? The Karz's wrong with you?" The Ta-Toa asked, looking at her companion as if he'd just informed her that he was actually a servant of Makuta. Expression shifting quickly, almost without warning, into a bored, faintly amused smirk, as she dropped into a chair opposite and kicked her feet up on the table.

"Plans are for suckers."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: "Tch. Hoped you'd say that." he said with a light chuckle, doing the same and leaning back in his chair, very picture of relaxation. And disregard for proper sitting etiquette, but hey, this was an inn. He'd do it in front of Kongu, let alone some place he didn't even know the name of.

"Whatever it is, I'm pretty tired of walking in that storm." he declared, jerking a thumb to the currently boarded up window next to them. His heightened senses could still pick up the howling winds rather clearly.

To karz with that.

As if further reinforcing the notion of staying inside, his stomach let loose a cheeky growl.

"Food?"

helo frens

IC:

"Right, walking. That thing you poor souls have to do." At his query, Saeva Sareta looked him pointedly up and down before shrugging, an almost mischievous light glittering behind her eyes. "Can get what you want, if you think it's wise. I dunno, your weight's been going up a bit lately..."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Erzu scoffed, waving down a hostess and receiving a menu. "What do you think I am, a chick like you? It's called 'gaining muscle'. For us guys, that's not really a bad thing." he said with a smirk, knowing full well that they both knew he was doing fine in that department, with no real fluctuations one way or another.

However, he wasn't about to say he'd resist a chance to shoot back...

He gave her a cursory look-over of his own.

"If anyone here oughta be worried, it's you. For all that hating on walking you do, it tends to help keep the pounds off, y'know. Try it some time, it'd do you some good." he chided, tossing the complimentary saltines (In a desert? Really?) across the table to her.

His gut told him his face'd be receiving them back soon enough, but hey, it was worth it.

helo frens