BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: [ Rhea ] - Po-Wahi / Motara Desert

An hour passed, then two, and then a quarter of another, and then the Su-Toa woke. Not in any particularly noticeable way; just a slight shift in the depth and rhythm of her breath. No movement, no sign-- save the barest flicker as her eyelids slid partially open, and then the smoldering green luminescence of her gaze.

It was dark. The dome still shuddered, constantly, trembling as a living thing beneath the mournful tide of the restless windblown sands-- alive and of fury in the night without.

The small red lightstone etched unmoving shadow on the walls, traced in muted black the assembled warriors, drawn apart from the glow in varied stages of repose.

"Whose watch?" she ventured to ask, her voice barely audible, so as not to disturb the sleepers.

IC: Zelvin (Motara Desert)

"That'd be me" the Toa of Crystal answered unperturbed. Everyone else besides the two were fast asleep, even Karv.

The elder Toa sat opposite of Rhea, fiddling with a small crystal she had clearly conjured herself, making it change from a morning star to a nearly spotless orb and back again.

Zelvin herself liked to call it "practice, mixed with a bit of experimentation", although she wouldn't call it that out loud.

She didn't regard Rhea much as she continued.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: [ Rhea / Nero ] - Po-Wahi / Motara Desert

"Ah."

She watched the crystalwork quietly for a time, intrigued.

At the sound of their voices, subdued though they were, Nero's eyes slid briefly open a slight blade's width, analyzed the situation without conscious thought, approved of it, slid shut once more.

His breathing, having momentarily altered cadence, faded easily back into the deep and primal pulse of a hunter's sleep.

Zelvin's acute senses caught the break in Nero's breathing pattern, and she smiled to herself as she began altering the crystal into a more complicated shape, its exact nature as of yet unknown.

"Your companion is quite the bodyguard," Zelvin remarked, "I can imagine he must be an extremely valuable asset for a bounty hunter"

She said it in the same casual tone she would've used to decide what to have for her next meal.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Zelvin (Motara Desert)

"Mhmm" Zelvin replied, apparently focusing more on the crystal than on Rhea. The shape taking form was unmistakeably rough, gritful. 

"It seems to me Nero's loyalty is very deep-rooted. Exactly how deep I cannot say, yet, but his body language is very vocal. I suppose it comes with the kind of lifestyle he leads, but the clues are there, plain for all to see who have just a little experience gauging people's motives.."

It was clear now that the crystal was forming into a Kanohi.

"I knew someone else like that, once"

She presented her handiwork, revealing a crystal Pakari in her lap.

"It didn't end well for him, I'm afraid"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Zelvin (Motara Desert)

"...It didn't end well for him, I'm afraid"

Rhea's eyes narrowed slightly, not in suspicion but in withdrawal. A quick hot sheet of flame, unexpectedly strong, crackled alive within her chest, hissed across her muscles and through the neurons of her mind.

Instinctively, automatically, she was on the defense, not of herself, but of the Axe.

Her voice rang a tad sharper than she would have liked to hear, had she noticed. She didn't.

"So?"

Edited by Shadowhawk

"Oh, you know, history has this nasty habit of repeating itself, to the point it becomes almost tiresome."

The Mask fragmented, disappeared, Zelvin sighed.

"I apologize, I shouldn't bother you with old wive's tales, they haven't been of much use to me"

"I suppose... you could say I wouldn't care to see the same misfortune fall upon you," she said, "forgive an old woman for being cryptic"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OoC: Oh, I thought he was. It's going to be more difficult for her to find out more info about the Legacy now :/

IC: The Deceiver (Ostia)

"It's just, let's say, a little bit suspicious that you are getting 'supplies' this late at night. I suppose you can tell me who these friends are if there's nothing shady about them?" she asked. Daretaki doubted that the souless thrall would reveal anything about his master(s), but she tried anyways. Sadly she didn't have the option of interrogating him, like she had done with the foolish matoran before. She had an idea, however..

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Sand hissed against the dome, louder then softer then louder again as the wind swirled with laughter and the dark dunes rolled. The clear bright crystal sang, and the sombre rugged steel hummed a deeper chord to match and balance.

Rhea said, very quietly, "What grants life its sweetness, but death? What brings unendurable loss, Zelvin, if not a love of equal strength? I would rather know the flame, and be burnt to ashes of it, than fear it, and so know nothing but the chill."

"Well said," Zelvin replied, "truly, you remind me of myself at your age. Of course, I was considerably shorter back then, but the energy was there"

"But I am old, and I have lived well. I have no regrets, just memories and the joy and pain they can bring."

Zelvin finally looked up, meeting Rhea's emerald embers with her own amethyst lanterns.

"But I still have time left here in this world, and I want to make the best of it. Might as well use what I've learned to give someone else a steadier ground to stand on"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: (Ardron)

"We are but a harmless religious group, with odd hours," he said.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

The conversation ended abruptly. Perhaps for the better. It saved Rhea a reply; she did, truly, appreciate Zelvin's apparently genuine concern, but she wasn't in any mood to thank her for it (...the old fool, questioning Nero! As if!), and thank-yous had never been her strong point anyway.

Her head turned slightly towards Elysi.

"Approximately two hours, I believe. No more than three."

IC: Torvoth

The Vortixx jerked his head toward the latest speaker. "Hmm, I suppose you're right. I probably do owe you guys a... whatever it is you said." He coughed and glanced around nervously at the motley group. "Well.. Um... I've never done this before, so I'm a little bit nervous... no, I'm serious!" He covered his face with his bloody armored gauntlet and sighed . "Let's try this again. Uh... What's the word? WordS? Th-..Th-Th-... Thank you. All of you."

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

"I can't speak for the guys, but I'm feeling perfectly lucid, and Zelvin's just been on watch, so... Not that it does us any good."

Grimacing, the Su-Toa bounty hunter glanced moodily at the vent shaft in the ceiling. Several grains of sand trickled down from somewhere above, accompanied by an incessant draft.

" this storm. We could've been in Forsi hours ago."

OOC: No, Rhea, you're safe. Mama Clench is gonna have to set some examples, however.  :P

IC: Zelvin and Mar (Motara Desert)

"Curiouser and curiouser" Zelvin continued, her first comment's original meaning disappearing into the ether.

"Now, listen he-"

"Can all you badgering Brakas spawns keep your flapping traps right shut so a man can get some accursed rest?"

That was probably the last they expected to hear from the Toa of Sonics huddled in the corner.

It wasn't often I got irritated enough to draw upon my old sailor's vocabulary, but there were exceptions.

And at least it shut Zelvin up.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Hey, last time gained a few pounds, the result was positive. Don't think you can say the same." The Ta-Toa shot back, idly sending a few wisps of fire floating around her index finger, more a habit than a conscious behavior.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: "Right. Keep telling yourself that. All I'm doin' is getting stronger, and it ain't like you're a rail, Sareta." he sniped in return, tilting back the cup of water nonchalantly.

This was the summation of their relationship. Always in some form or another, living up to the adage of "iron sharpens iron", pitting themselves against eachother.

No real hard feelings, despite the fact that they could grate upon eachother fairly easily at times. It just helped keep your head in the game, was all.

And you need your head in it to formulate a good strategy. 

"You're welcome to show me where I'm getting fat, if it's so troubling."

There, make her have to defend herself.

helo frens

IC:

"Roundabouts here," Saeva flicked her finger lazily, the will o' wisp shooting outwards to slowly loop around her companion'd head, before returning to its orbit around the tip of her finger. "Has been getting pretty fat lately."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: A dark frown cast itself over Erzu's face. The game had changed.

Okay. Point Sareta. he gloomily acknowledged.

Fell right into her trap there. And here he prided himself on seeing things coming before they caught him.

"Tch. You'd like that, wouldn't you." he muttered, folding his arms crossly. "Means at least one of us has anything up there."

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC:

Saeva's grin widened a notch, the acknowledgement of her score, but rather than press the point, she turned her attention to a waitress loitering nervously a few feet away, outside of their sphere of existence.

"Oh, uh, hey. Sorry 'bout that. I'll have a bottle of Salamanders, please."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: The somberly dulled eyes slid over to where Saeva was looking, completing the look of a surly vagabond full of irritation when combined with his grimace...

And blinked.

It was as if a cloud had parted over Erzu's entire demeanor, as his eyes widened slightly in surprise and apology. Kicking his legs back under the table, his eyes quickly scanned the menu he had been given, and he a touch meekly explained he'd like the Fader Steak, medium, please, sorry about that. 

As his glass of water was refilled by a now less-anxious looking waitress, he nodded his thanks again and she went on her way.

"Anyways." he said, regaining his composure after seeing he wasn't indirectly terrorizing the person bringing him food anymore, "Two rooms, right?" he asked.

helo frens

"Mm-hmm. Sombre as the weathered stone, we are."

Shoving aside a medical kit, a whetstone, and a black camo survival blanket, she found, right down at the very bottom of the knapsack, just what she was looking for. A small, square, leather-wrapped bundle of... something.

"Pemmican, anyone? ...I think Nero made this batch."

IC:

"I'm sure that's quite disappointing to you, but yeah." The Ta-Toa directed her finger to the notice board near the door, though this time, the fire stayed within its current path. It was difficult to read from where they were, but it was a list of various and assorted prices, ranging from supplies to, most importantly, room and board.

"Been here once before. This place has the cheapest rooms, two for about what you'd pay for one somewhere else."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Kalyss didn't reply at first listening to the sandstorm outside.

"I think something needs to be done. Help from somewhere else, evacuate the village, something. I think this village can deal with piles of sand, but in won't be without a cost. Is there a guard captain, a turaga, anyone I could talk to? They'll know what to do."

The times, they are a-changing...