BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Mar and Zelvin (Motara Desert)

"Just about" Zelvin replied, where she was apparently busy with the top of her scythe. After a moment, a lightstone materialized perched on the tip.

"There"

I said nothing, merely nodded quickly as I got up.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: [ Rhea / Nero ] - Po-Wahi / Motara Desert

"We're done here. Let's go." said Rhea Heartsflame flatly, her voice cutting straight across all ongoing conversation, and then she shrugged her pack into a more comfortable position on her shoulders and walked out into the night, due east to Forsi.

---

The Axe was long since gone, vanished with the wind across the trackless desert. He had a penchant for disappearances, particularly unnoticeable ones. And he had always operated best alone.

Groups, even careful ones, meant noise. And light was worse.

He moved. Silent, unseen.

IC: The Bo-Toa laughed sharply, picking up speed himself. "You kidding? You forget how I was last time you just up, flew off, and abandoned me? Took me forever to find that inn you picked out."

He shook his head, picking up the pace another notch and now at a steady jog. "No, I'll be good."

helo frens

IC: Naona

Doughnut-shaped costumes in order to promote recruitment? That was two years old. And she never accepted joke requests on principle. Binned.

Transfers? Not her jurisdiction? Into the pile on the leftmost corner of the desk. Also a mental note to remind her subordinates that she did not run the Guard. That was Akiri Hewkii and Tera.

Showing off the Comm- NO.

"Dehkaz," said Naona slowly, the piece of paper grinding to dust in her rapidly vibrating hand. "How much more paperwork is there on the ground?"

IC: Farzan (Farzan's Workshop)

With the storm passed, Kreff and I had our hands full cleaning up and setting things back into place. While Kreff busied himself with carrying and lifting, I made an

addendum to the original slogan I had on the entrance. Now it said:

FARZAN’S WORKSHOP

Technology and Explosives for any occasion

Cataclysm preparation packages now in stock

There, next time a disaster struck, I was going to be prepared.

I was minding my business when I noticed a potential customer appear in the door: A big, scowling cur of a Vortixx who already seemed very well stocked with several different tools of destruction visible on his person.

He seemed to be scouting out the premises, his piercing, seeking eyes putting my own, lens-boosted eyes to shame.

I didn’t like this guy too much at the moment.

“So, new around here, are you?” he asked, his voice like oil and gunpowder mixed together.

“Yep” I replied, already back to polishing a gear (or was it a widget?) with an oily rag.

“Technology and Explosives for any occasion…” the Vortixx mumbled as he looked around at my wares.

“Very nice selection you have here” he admitted as he laid his hands on a Diskette Launcher, his clawed finger trailing across the barrel.

“I can do custom jobs, too” I replied matter-of-factly as I deemed the gear/widget oil-stained enough, and chucked it away in a nearby jar (Ten points).

“Mhmm” the Vortixx responded deftly as he continued to let his finger trail across my wares almost greedily.

“Fair warning,” I said as he moved towards the explosives, “those wares are strictly no-touchie, for your own protection”

The Vortixx retracted his fingers with the urgency of someone who’d just been informed that they were in danger of not having any more fingers, which was a definite possibility, given how little patience I have for people who mess with my stuff.

“This is a very nice establishment you have here” he said, fingering with one of his knifes (No point in warning him now, if he wants to risk self-mutilation that’s his problem).

“It would be a real shame if, ah, something were to happen to it, now wouldn’t it?” he said, with a telling gaze at the mess the sandstorm had left.

“I wouldn’t be too worried about that,” I replied, “this joint is blastproof, fireproof and most importantly foolproof. That last one is crucial, you wouldn’t believe how stupid certain people can be, like, there I am, just minding my own business one day when all of a sudden someone comes in and demands a Patero Launcher, a Stopwatch and a bucket of lard. I mean, if you want me to make a stopwatch I can certainly pull that off, with superfluous pendulums and the whole package, but a bucket of lard? Do you have any idea how hard that is to get a hold of with the market price today? That’s what I told him anyway, but of course he wasn’t going to take no for an answer, no matter how much that “no” was backed up with a gun to either his or my face, so then I had to go down to the bazaar and find someone who could produce a bucket of lard. I met this guy who said he knew a guy…”

That was when the Vortixx interrupted.

“I’m sure I’d be delighted to hear your little story some other time, but the fact remains, as I said: Accidents can happen, no matter how secure your house is. I represent an organization who can guarantee you protection against such accidents… for a small fee”

“You an insurance agent or something?” I asked with confusion and disdain in my voice.

“Not quite, no,” the Vortixx replied rather smugly, “we work in a much more… direct fashion.”

“So you’re saying you’ll actively defend my house, with guards and security and the whole package? No thanks, I myself work distressing enough on my customers, I don’t need the extra help”

The Vortixx seemed at a loss, either out of surprise or admiration, or possibly fear, who could tell.

“No…” he began, slower than before, “that’s not what I meant.”

“Then what are you wasting my time for? I have customers to attend to. You know, eventually, once they get here”

“Ah, but you wouldn’t want your customers scared off, would you?” the Vortixx replied, sudden hope in his eyes, as if he saw an opportunity.

“Weeeeell, you know there’s always some people I don’t want using my gadgets, if you get my meaning, might as well give ‘em a good scare while I’m at it, just so they remember that crime doesn’t pay.”

“Speaking off…” I began, and before the Vortixx could feasibly react, I had him in the sights of one of my bigger diskette launchers. Kept behind the desk in case of trouble.

“I’ve got twenty-two words for you, buddy: Get out of my office in two point five seconds or I will gouge out your optics and feed them to my Crab”

The Vortixx’s resulting laugh was somewhere between a grunt and a “hah” of the sort only grossly self-important people could muster.

“You don’t scare me, Matoran?” he declared.

“And I’ve heard better threats from the Ussalmatoran who was always chasing me down in the slums back in Onu-Koro. If you can’t hold a candle to the guy who was voted ‘least likely to ever locate his good side’, you have a serious problem with your repertoire, dear sir

“Now, off with you!” I said, and whistled sharply. No sooner did Kreff turn his claws loose on the Vortixx, snapping and chirping and generally just being a wild, enraged animal, as opposed to the docile, gentle pet he totally was otherwise.

In between the Vortixx’s ooh’s and aah’s, I heard the meager beginnings of a tirade of derogatory comments and half-baked threats. I paid them no mind as I had better things to do.

Like finally cleaning up this store, seriously where’s the work ethic when you need it.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Dehkaz

The Toa of Magnetism stood back from the whirlwind of Po-Toa, parchment, and ink that took up the majority of the room.  Occasionally, his hand shot out as he deftly picked a stray sheet from the air before setting it aside.

Dehkaz let out a sigh, and slowly shook his head at various Sentinel's requests for "More gun".

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Salutations and greetings to you too, sir, thanks for asking"

"Sorry 'bout the mess," I added as I brushed away more sand from the entrance with my depressingly ordinary broom, "sandstorm caught me unawares.

"But still, what can I do for you?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: 88

88 wandered through Po-Koro. Much had changed after the sandstorm. Piles of sand and many damaged objects were everywhere. He was searching for anyone who could help him, or even, if he was lucky, tell him exactly where to go. 88 hadn't seen the Vhohan, the purple Skakdi in a long time. He hadn't received news to print in a long time either. Lately, 88 had taken to accepting print offers from people. They would bring him a text on paper, and he would copy it. Even so, most of the money used went to obtaining paper. However, he had begun to make more money than he was losing. 

"I may not be able to print news for the Mata Nui Weekly right now, but I can still print anything else others want me too," 88 thought. He went out and purchased red paint and a wooden plank and painted a sign that read:

"PRINTING SHOP AND COPYING CENTER" 

(INQUIRE WITHIN)

88 attempted to use his power to weld the wooden board to the stone house, but quickly realized how that would not work. Instead, he went back to the bazaar and bought a bag of large nails and a hammer, returned to his house and hammered the sign above his door. 88 looked up at the sign proudly, and proceeded to zap then word "open" on one side and "closed" on the other side of a rock just outside his door. He walked into his house and sat down on a chair he had recently purchased. 88 realized that business wouldn't start immediately, and decided to play with his lightning until someone arrived.

OOC: Printing Shop and Copy Center open for business for all of your copying and publishing needs! 

Edited by RahkshiToa88

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Dehkaz glanced around as Naona continued her Kakama-enhanced workaholic-fueled paperwork signing frenzy of activity, attempting to stay mostly out of the way.  There wasn't much he could do to help, other than to prevent writing instruments from flying around at fatal velocities.  His gaze wandered over to the now empty desk, the papers that previously covered it's surface having been either sorted or simply knocked aside, and the Fa-Toa frowned.  He didn't know why, but something that he was looking at wasn't right.  Something was out of place, something was off.  His subconscious mind realized it before he consciously could think of the implications of what he was looking at.

And then it hit him like a blow to the chest, the air escaping his lungs as if he'd been flattened by a Kikanalo.  His pupils dilated as a shock of pure adrenaline shot throug his body.  Time crawled past him, his pulse hammered in his head. Each successive beat seeming to come later and later after the last.  His jaw was set tight, and he nearly dropped the pen he was holding.

Dehkaz's arm reached out on it's own accord, and his gauntleted fingers wrapped around a small, metallic object that had been buried underneath the mountain of paperwork just minutes before.

He held it up, and stared distantly at Hari Korari's Sentinel badge.

"Naona..."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Dehkaz

"Either we were issued new badges and everyone conveniently forgot to tell both of us, or someone we know very well just... quit," Dehkaz replied, holding the small piece of metal out for her to see, ever so slowly recovering from his shock.

And his mind began to kick into high gear.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Naona

The whirlwind stopped abruptly, leaving Naona to stare incredulously at the badge. There was so much she wanted to say, her thoughts bouncing around her mind in wild frenzy. But she couldn't. Her emotions were incapable of controlling themselves. She could only gape, her eyes widening in surprise. Her heartlight was racing, its rapid blinks counting down the seconds that passed.

"... What?"

What could she say? Hari had left. And ... she didn't know what to do.

His thoughts were moving faster than even he could follow, a flurry of activity that almost made his head spin as much as the shock of finding the badge.  A thousand and one different scenarios shot through his head, before he said a single sentence that summed most of them right at that moment.

"We have to find her."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: [ Rhea ] - Po-Wahi / Motara Desert

Rhea and her hard-bitten little squad of renegades stalked purposefully through the dark desert towards Forsi with their various sources of light held high. They were not afraid; who or what dared oppose their progress?

Also they were only a few miles from the village anyway, so they could always run for their lives and possibly make it.

OOC:

Tum te tum tum te tum... last chance, forces of Evil Chaos. ;)

IC: Stronin

"Just curious about Cataclysm Preparation Packages," said Stronin dryly. "What are they?"

"Oh, well, you see with the sandstorm that suddenly swept across town and caught us all with our pants down, I figured some proverbial suspenders could be prudent, to make sure our pants stay up the next time around."

"In one standard package, which is the only type I have right now, you'll find a moderate arsenal for personal protection, enough to keep most Rahi or desperate scavengers at bay, a few maps of the island, some extra gadgets for navigation and hazard purposes, and a deck of cards, to kill time"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC:

Alright, Team Rhea from the open desert to Forsi. Any characters currently operating in said locale are welcome to seek out interaction with the group (hope I'm not being too presumptuous, my dear teammates-- :P).

Additionally, seeing as how Forsi's a 'Sentinel-run port settlement', as well as 'the outlet of the “Iron Mahi” locomotive’s track and a radio station', and therefore presumably a rather high-security area... would someone important like to play a few NPC gate guardians? Just to, you know, emphasize the military presence?

IC: [ Rhea / Nero ] - Forsi / Main gates

Rhea really should have been more interested in seeing the port settlement of Forsi for the very first time in a long time, but she really just wasn't. She was tired, dusty, and more than ready for some hot water and a proper breakfast. She'd been roughing it overland through the wilderness for well over a week before she'd even made that single quick stop in Ga-Koro, and the subsequent trek through the Motara, and the sandstorm, had been the tipping point.

Of course, she wasn't drained. Not by a ###### long shot. But she was ready for some downtime.

So when the loose little formation of seven Toa and a wolf-Rahi tramped through the last twenty yards of ankle-deep drifted sand and halted at the gates, the slender green-eyed female in point position didn't bother with much more than a brief courtesy salute and a half-smile. It was still dark anyway. Dawn was a long time off yet; the sun wasn't even evident in the east, much less visible.

The Sentinels wouldn't be expecting much cheer and chatter from travelers at this unholy hour, and Rhea wasn't expecting much in return. If they'd let them in with a minimum of difficulty, that was all she wanted.

The Axe was in standard bodyguard position at his employer's right shoulder, looking appropriately tall and dark and formidable. He didn't say anything. His eyes moved, sizing up any and all potential hostility.

OOC:

Blah, not a great post. I should really start going to bed sooner. :P (E: Actually, scratch that. Taking a second look, it's not so bad after all.)

Oh, and before I forget, I'll be gone for four-five days, starting tomorrow. Just a heads-up.

Edited by Shadowhawk

OOC

Just catching myself up on the actions of the Darkwalk group. Let's get moving again!

IC- Dorgath 

Praise be to Mata-Nui, our Lord.

I moved towards the Rahkshi of Fear, spear outstretched, the wrath of My God behind me. But the creature of darkness was too fast for me, even with the holy light inside of me, and it launched itself away, under Lux’s legs. I felt a terrible dread as observed mine own weapon pierce the thigh of my ally. I had failed.

It was only fear that drove me onwards, pulling my mind from its holy thoughts, and that dark manipulator of men made me pull out my spear and step back, almost without my own volition, and watch the Rahkshi rise. Its own spear flew towards me with unholy swiftness. Only the grace of My God saved me, leaving me only a painful searing line of cut face across my jaw. Punishment for my sin, retribution for Lux’s own wound.

I steadied myself. Do not balk now, Dorgath. I told myself. Your lord has a plan for you, and these vile beings of evil will not stand while you, with the power of Mata-Nui behind you, face them.

The battle raged around me as I took breaths, deep and slow, reminding my terrified self I was protected. My lord would preserve me.

I wiped a drop of blood off of my check, embracing the raging pain as a sign that I was still alive, that I was not deserving of death.

I took a step towards the Fear Rashkshi, but leaped away as it sped towards me, a red bullet of armored death. I jumped out of the way, and it flew past me. I was unharmed, thankfully. I stood and turned, but only to witness the horrifying visage of a Toa, cut from his chest through his neck to his mouth, ripped open and fast losing his lifeblood, trying and failing to make a noise.

The image burned its way into my mind. Even with my eyes closed, I could still see the blood, and see his horrible scream, see his pain and the horror of that gruesome mutilation. That was horror. The pain in his eyes. The details of his inner workings behind the too red blood that should never be exposed…

The sounds of battle faded. I opened my eyes. The creatures of darkness and death had vanished. No, I could see them still- fleeing, in terror from us. They were vanishing into the darkness from whence they came. Good had triumphed. The evil beings were gone. Mata-Nui was victorious again.

I let out a cheer and raised my staff, my gash opening painfully and letting blood run down my cheek. I did not care. I was alive, and the pain I experienced was only reminding me that Mata-Nui had preserved my life.

As the adrenaline from battle faded, my friends began to mill about, robbing the foul carcasses of their weapons and dealing with the paralyzed chainsaw wielding Vortixx. I breathed slowly, tuning out the grunts of pain and incredulous screams as I offered up a silent prayer to My Lord.

I silently sent my platitudes to Mata-Nui, thanking him for what he had done for me, for us. For the lives he had saved, and the lives he had not. For the victory against evil, for my life, and for my scar to remind me of my limits and mortality.

Mata-Nui, I give thanks for this victory. Please, My God, let our good fortune continue. Let us triumph over darkness, and bring your holy light to these dark vile tunnels.

Let me live.

Mete out justice.

And let us be safe from evil and bring purity to the world again.

Amen.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: 88

Business had been very slow. He knew what he needed- publicity, and when you run a printing shop, that's not very hard. He produced several flyers and hung them around Po-Koro at strategic locations such as the town gate, near high-traffic bazaar areas, outside the Kohlii field and near some of the pubs/inns. 

The fliers read:

88's Printing and Copying Center now open!

Low rates! Convenience! Speedy work!

Need books or newspapers printed? Or documents copied?

Come to 88's Printing and Copying Center for all of your copying and printing needs!

Located just outside the west side of the bazaar.

Look for a sign on a two-story building

88 returned home and prepared for business.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC: "We're not all handcuff happy lunatics, believe it or not." Ronah sighed. "But you-" she indicated Jokaro. "-will definitely be spending the night in a cell, no matter what the Akiri decides, if only to ensure that you won't think about lab tests in public places again."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Jokaro

The Po-Matoran chuckled. "A night in a cell's no problem for me, jut so long as I get to actually speak with Akiri - what's his name? Hewkii? - afterwards. I'm sure he'll be interested in what I have to offer."

Jokaro offered his wrists to the Sentinel. The Akiri would be getting something a bit more impressive.

"And, as for public experiments, I don't think you'll be seeing any more."

He thought for a moment.

"Well, not in Po-Koro, at least."

IC: Stronin

"Interesting. Do you think there'll be people wanting to buy it?"

"If the general state of things on the island continues to take a turn for the worst, then yes. I think I can pretty safely say there'll be some people looking to be prepared."

"I mean, I't not like I have anything to lose on this, so I might as well give it a try"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...