BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Kelz and Ryza - Desert 

"Where are you, you little buzzard?" Ryza spat, sweeping the sandy dunes through the scope of her sniper rifle. The desert heat was playing karz with her thermal, so she wasn't seeing much except a reddish blur in every direction. 

"He could be anywhere," Kelz muttered bitterly, "we've got our work cut out for us."

"That's never stopped us before." Ryza challenged.

Kelz grinned. "I didn't say it was going to stop us this time, either." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Kale Ironshaper- Po-koro- Sentinel HQ

IC:

Rynekk leaned in, peering over Kale's shoulder, scrutinizing the already-scrutinized tablet with a gaze harder than concrete.

"It must have been something personal," he said quietly, almost to himself. "Something she wouldn't want to trouble us with...."

IC Halyx:

IC:

I blinked, staring at Halyx. This was becoming a disturbingly regular occurrence.

"You okay, man? What happened? Why do we need to go to Ko-Koro?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Halyx:

"Lumira, there is a very bad person... Echelas... Ekalon... Echelon. Yeah, that's his name. He's taken over Ko-Koro. That's not the worst part. The worst part is that if we don't get there in time, then an even worse bad guy... Adomai, I think that's it, will kill the Akiri." Even Halyx himself had a hard time believing this, but that's what got shown to him. 

OOC:

Good grief. My backstories are tied up in some complicated Gordian knot.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

OOC:

Yeah, I suppose Halyx's sorta-kinda-maybe premonition is a little bit metagamey, but really, how else was I going to shoehorn in Adomai's story? Think of Halyx as sort of The Un-Special Special One. He has a sort of clairvoyance but he can only predict things that happen on a small scale, I.E. my characters. He learned of Echelon simply because he was connected to Adomai, and he learned of Adomai because Adomai works on the same scale as any of my other characters. In essence, he's the literal definition of an Excuse Plot. 

EDIT: Forgot an IC post. Derp.

IC Halyx:

"Well, I mean, I sup-" Halyx, once again, fainted. His vision had taken a lot out of him, combined with his recent burst of power, it had taken a grave toll on his body.

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

IC: Ryza and Kelz - Po-Wahi Desert.

The two Vortixx continued their hunt, but as the hours dragged on, any sign of Dahtar's passage was slowly swept away with the wind. Kelz stood by, bristling with anger, as a set of tracks vanished before his eyes. He didn't even have time to figure out whose tracks they were. He hissed in irritation, kicking a rock and sending it bouncing halfway up a sand dune. 

"This is hopeless," Ryza finally gave in, slinging her rifle over her shoulders once more. "He could be anywhere by now." 

"Maybe we should start heading back towards the city?" Kelz suggested. 

"Or return to our ship... wherever the karz we left it." Ryza shrugged. "Either way, there's nothing for us out here." She turned and began walking back the way they'd come, Kelz following behind her. 

OOC: Kelz and Ryza open for interaction... assuming there's actually someone else  aimlessly wandering the Po-Wahi desert. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: @Icarus, that's still breaking the rules, no matter which way you spin it.

IC: Farzan (Po-Koro)

Today in Po-Koro, I didn't even feel the slightest hint of malcontent with skipping down the street in an especially girly way.

Cuz I was happy, I was on, like, at least cloud eleven or something. Dehkaz had given me the equivalent of five years' worth of Naming Day presents at once.

Kreff followed behind, with a large, empty crate. The parchment from Dehkaz was cluthed in my hand.

This was going to be fun.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Leron

Leron caught Halyx's limp body, almost falling over from the weight. "Listen... I can't go to Ko... I need to get to the Koro and Ko is too far out of the way," Leron said, looking down. "I'll help you guys get on your way, but our destinies only cross here. I wish you luck and hope you guys save... the... uh... person you are trying to save!"

OOC: Sorry guys, not the path I desire with Leron right now, maybe we'll meet up again somewhere else! Thanks for interacting and good luck with your adventures!

• Upvote 1

OOC: Well, TIME FOR RETCON.

Yep. Turns out, it is breaking the rules. You may now begin the "I told you so"s. Otherwise, we're simply just rewinding the Toa Voya's adventures back to when Lumira killed Tallix and she was all sad and stuff.

IC Halyx (several posts ago):

"Lumira, it's alright. You saved our lives." Right now, Halyx was still worried about the Toa Voya's purpose. Where were they to go? Halyx wished he had visions that told him where to go, not where he's already been. That would be infinitely more useful than vague flashes of information.

Nah, that's crazy talk. 

"Lumira, come on, let's get up. Visalk, Guvla, Seneaux, Leron! Get over here! We gotta get to Onu-Koro, and I have no intention of passing through that icicle you call Ko-Wahi." 

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

IC Karna

The merchant caravan was hot and cramped. Most of it was filled with items to be sold at market, this merchant seemed partial to ores and furs. He was traveling to Onu-Wahi to sell and trade the fur he had received from the southern regions for more ore to carry back. It seemed a stable market

He had received suspiscious looks when he flagged the caravan down near the Ga-Po border, rather ragged himself and carrying a half-dead Toa. Being merchants, they were easy to shut up with money and the exchange of a few names. Being a priest was a more lucrative profession than one would imagine. Churches being recipients of frequent donations

Dropped off near the path of prophecies, the lesterin helped him load Skorm onto a small cart. The Ba-Toa had held up surprisingly well, not healing any of his wounds, but not succumbing to them either. What the green Skakdi had said of his endurance was holding true. He led the cart towards the gates of Po-Koro. He had not visited the koro since the dark years so he was not sure to expect in terms of security at the gates

...but close to it

IC:

Halyx was saying something. I needed to get up. I needed to get going.

No. Not yet. I can't just leave him.

"We have to bury him," I said.

My voice was as hard as the steel I carried. The steel that had bled Tallix.

-Void

IC Halyx:

"Lumira, that monster killed dozens of innocents. Do you really think that he stopped to bury them?"

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

IC Halyx:

"Lumira, that monster killed dozens of innocents. Do you really think that he stopped to bury them?"

IC:

"And I killed him."

Suddenly I was on my feet. I was looking straight up into Halyx's eyes. I could feel the weight of the sword still held in my right hand.

"I killed him, I took his life and ... and no one has the right to do that but I still did it! I need to finish what I started, do you see what I mean? I need ... I need to ... not honour him, not respect him, but ... I can't just leave his body here, the body of the first man I'd ever killed, just to dry up in the sun. I ... I ... I need the ceremony. The closure."

My breathing was shallow.

"Please ... please, do you see what I mean?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Halyx:

"Lumira... fine. Bury him. But just know... The moment he drew his blade, you gained that right. You killed him. Imagine what would've happened if you hadn't. Even if we had escaped, others wouldn't have been so lucky. Visalk showed me that book. Dozens of innocents. Toa, Lesterin, Matoran, all of them, killed and looted and left to rot. You deserve closure. He doesn't." Halyx knew there was no stopping a determined Le-Matoran (he admired their tenacity) but he wanted Lumira to realize that Tallix didn't deserve to be buried, even if she needed to.

OOC:

Halyx is the sort of guy who sees the world at face value. Looks like Lumira doesn't share those views.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

IC Karna

Telling the guard that his body was ground meat from the abdomen down might've caused suspicion. He settled for a small lie, turning to the matoran guiding him

"He has a concussion, rib fractures and his legs are broken-

...in several places."

Edited by Tiragath
  • Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC: Skuggy

They were sailing.

IC:

Jarrun stood silently, allowing the wind to wash over him as he stood at the edge of the ship, watching his blurred reflection in the water.

"How many other lands you think are out there?" Jarrun asked.

"Your species isn't native to Mata Nui, you had to come from somewhere, you just don't rememebr where, right?"

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC: Kelz and Ryza - Po-Wahi desert.

"We're lost, aren't we?" Ryza sighed, after a while. They'd been walking twice as long on the way back to Po-Koro as they had getting to where they were. Clearly, they'd gotten lost somewhere along the way. 

"Not lost... just.... misled," Kelz said with a cough. It was getting dark; the sun was already lost behind the dunes. "We'll just have to set up camp here, wait for sunrise, and use the sun as a compass to navigate back. We still have our map, and we've got enough supplies for a few more days. We'll be fine, sis." 

"Ugh... fine." Ryza conceded. 

OOC: Kelz and Ryza open for interaction... if there's anyone else out in the middle of the desert at sundown. 

OOC: Jam with Gravity.

IC:

Dehkaz glanced up at the brilliant orange-hued sky above them, the clouds making bloodred streaks of color across the ocean of air illuminated by the light of the setting suns.  They would have to make camp sometime soon, that was fine with Dehkaz.  Despite the sandstorm whilen they were still in Po-Koro, it had been relativeively smooth sailing for them so far.  Metephorically speaking, seeing as there were not any of the sand-skiffs available for them to use.  Regardless, they had made excellent progress so far, and should reach Onu-Koro by the next day.

Their trip had been relatively silent, both alone with their thoughts, not surprising given the circumstances.

Dehkaz was the first to break their self-imposed silence, if only to escape his own thoughts.

"Have you ever actually used a firearm before, Naona?" He asked, glancing at his companion.

"Only once."

The reply was short and succint, but it was something expected of Naona. She was not somebody who rambled on, and the disappearance of her beloved protege had emphasised her curt manner even more. The Toa of Stone had devoted the entirety of her being to finding Hari, and that was evident in the brisk pace at which she walked, her stormy amber eyes that glued themselves to the path ahead, and the boiling anger that seethed beneath her armour. She was intent on reaching the village of earth as soon as possible, no matter what stood in her way.

Dehkaz took a moment to regard the toa of Stone with an intent, if not concerned, gaze.  Naona had not let up the breakneck pace since they walked out of the gates of of Po-Koro, that didn't cause Dehkaz any problem, training with those known to possess great strength tended to make such things easy enough, but it did worry him.

Her eyes were fixed dead ahead, blazing with a fire that would send shivers down the spines of any seasoned warrior, while her posture was rigid and fists clenched.  He didn't need to see her face to figure out that it would not be set in the well-meaning expression he was used to seeing.

Naona was, he mused, the very epitome of pure determination at that moment.  Dehkaz was just as determined as her to get Hari back, for more reasons than Naona knew, but while the Po-toa was an inspiring sight, it also gave him pause.  He'd been in enough of these sort of places to know that rushing headlong into things, as Naona seemed ready to do, was not the best way for this.  Naona was certainly aware of that, but Dehkaz felt it would be more than a good idea to remind her of the fact.  Soon.

"Once isn't going to cut it with me, Naona.  I'm not about to give you a weapon without making sure you know how to use it, it might save your life one day, and I rather like you alive."

"Once we stop for the night I'll show you the basics, I'm sure you'll pick it up quick."

"That would be appreciated," said the lieutenant, sparing her friend a glance.

She was indeed quite thankful of Dehkaz' offer to teach her, as displayed by the subdued smile that had flashed across her mask. Even though she had already been expecting the issue to arise, it was still rather pleasant. There would also be no use in carrying along the firearms if she were to be incapable of using them properly; accepting was really the most logical path she could undertake in this situation.

"I note that this is the second time you've offered to teach me something," she continued, injecting some brevity into their conversation. "I will need to make up for that."

Naona had planned to teach her travelling companion the intricacies of Kolhii in return for his dancing lessons all those months ago, but there had been so little time. The thought had been dropped due to her busy schedule, but she now remembered the details. Once they found Hari and resolved the situation, she would need to fulfil those plans and draw up new ones. It was impolite to return a favour, after all.
  • Upvote 2

Kale Ironshaper- Po-koro- Sentinel HQ

IC: "Its dealing with the disappearance of her parents. I would call that rather personal." With an annoyed groan Kale leaned back in his chair. "I just don't understand why she decided to do all by herself. We're all like family, she must know that. The only thing I can come up with was that she must have been too pressed for time to wait for one of us to come back."

Sliding his chair back, Kale rose and began placing the tablets and papers scattered across the table back into their respective files. Once he was done, the silver Toa turned back to Rynekk and spoke.

"No point in staying here any longer. We should get back to the Fowadi and head after Naona and the Captain. No way of telling what kind of trouble they are going to get themselves into before we arrive."

With a grin, Kale vanished, leaving a pair of words floating in his wake.

"Race ya."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1