Jump to content
Nuju Metru

BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Recommended Posts

IC: Mar (Roasted Ruki)

 

"Shaddix strikes me as the kind of person you had best watch what you say around" I commented lazily, having heard their conversation clearly.

IC: [ Rhea ] - Forsi / Roasted Ruki

 

Rhea's eyes slid, equally lazily, to the Toa of Sonics. She grinned. Nudged her empty plate aside, and hooked the money bag with a deft forefinger and drew it close.

 

But not too close. And when she lifted it, testing its weight, she handled it... almost gingerly. Like a ticking time bomb.

 

"Shaddix," she remarked, in an undertone just loud enough for her teammates-- and only her teammates, to hear, "is a loose cannon. Never ever forget that, any of you. No matter what happens. I repeat; he is not, at any time or under any circumstances, to be trusted. Relied on, perhaps. But trusted, never."

 

The bag was heavy enough, and when (acting apparently out of mere automatic habit) she drew out a widget and tested it with the point of her covert ops blade, it acted genuine.

 

"I don't know exactly what he meant by this. But money's money, and he's not the type to hand it out for free. I daresay we'll be hearing a business proposition soon... in just about half an hour, to be exact."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OoC am apparently really bad at remembering this character.

IC Andrex:

 

He chuckled once more, "Could very well be. I'm afraid I don't know much about maladies of the body."


Corpus Rahkshi Profiles!

Kat Grim Diode Burn Percy

Aza and Ezec Pentaghast


CORPUS RAHKSHI APPROVED CHARACTERS


Corpus Rahkshi Discord

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kelz and Ryza - Forsi.

 

The Wayward Wind limped into harbour, and the two part-time pirates did their best to dock it properly at the sturdiest berth they could find. "Well... we made it, at least." Kelz sighed unrelievedly, slumping over the wheel. Archie chittered happily where he sat on the captain's shoulder. 

 

"I'll go see about finding someone to help us make repairs." Ryza decided, already vaulting over the side of the ship to land on the edge of the docks. 

 

OOC: Ryza and Kelz open for interaction. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jarrun

 

He didn't like being this close to the water, being on the ship was thing, being on a life boat was completely different. He paddled as fast as he could using his mask of strength to move quicker towards the Matoran.

 

He knew he had to suck up his fear, these Matoran deserved to be saved, they deserved a chance. He was close to them now. As he drifted towards the wreckage he noticed shards of broken Kanohi and armor floating in the water.

 

The Ga-Matoran who was still awake glanced at Jarrun.

 

"Thank Mata Nui you're here!" The Matoran shouted.

 

"Grab on to the paddle and don't let go!" Jarrun shouted. The Matoran let go of the wreckage before grasping the paddle. Jarrun stood up, using his mask of strength to lift the two Matoran linked together out of the water and Into the life boat.

 

"I got you, I got you."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: [ Rhea ] - Forsi / Roasted Ruki

Rhea's eyes slid, equally lazily, to the Toa of Sonics. She grinned. Nudged her empty plate aside, and hooked the money bag with a deft forefinger and drew it close.

 

But not too close. And when she lifted it, testing its weight, she handled it... almost gingerly. Like a ticking time bomb.

 

"Shaddix," she remarked, in an undertone just loud enough for her teammates-- and only her teammates, to hear, "is a loose cannon. Never ever forget that, any of you. No matter what happens. I repeat; he is not, at any time or under any circumstances, to be trusted. Relied on, perhaps. But trusted, never."

 

The bag was heavy enough, and when (acting apparently out of mere automatic habit) she drew out a widget and tested it with the point of her covert ops blade, it acted genuine.

 

"I don't know exactly what he meant by this. But money's money, and he's not the type to hand it out for free. I daresay we'll be hearing a business proposition soon... in just about half an hour, to be exact."

 

IC: Zelvin and Mar (Roasted Ruki)

 

"I agree!" Zelvin said, looking at the entrance where Dorian had disappeared.

 

She agreed wholeheartedly with both sentiments!

 

I nodded, following the Toa of Iron and Air briefly with my Akaku before turning my attention to the Toa of Plasma and Fire that remained behind.

 

"How is he as a boss?"


BZPRPG Profiles

 

Ferron-Nuparu-Mar-Zelvin-Tamachan-Wiremu-Farzan-Trava-Mako

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: The Toa Shaydas.

 

Although disappointed by the lack of meat, Panyk accepted the coconut, drinking greedily. They were in a desert, after all. He was dumb, but not quite dumb enough to refuse a free drink in a place where death by dehydration was a very real possibility. 

 

Onic was silent as he drank, keeping his one eye on their surroundings at all times. He wasn't paranoid; he'd lost his other eye for underestimating an opponent. He didn't intend to make that same mistake twice. 

 

"How many more days before we get to where this Panacea thingy is supposed to be?" Chavara asked. If it existed, she was certain it would be more useful in the hands of someone like Echelon than those of these fools. First chance the Shaydas got, they would take this thing for themselves. 

 

Assuming, of course, that it actually existed


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Stronin

 

"Speaking from experience, these things usually take a week," said Stronin offhandedly, drinking the coconut juice from a metal straw that he was rapidly manipulating into strange loops. "Unless the location of this cure-all is unknown, in which we'll need longer to actually find it."

 

The straw had knotted into a strange loop. Looked like he wouldn't be able to drink from it anymore.

 

"Unless I'm wrong," he continued, shrugging as he took the straw out and absorbed the metal back into his body. He'd drink from the coconut like everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: The Phantom

"Ah right, I'd forgotten. Yes, I have the money."


"Power is always dangerous. It attracts the worst, and corrupts the best. [...] It is only given to those who are ready to lower themselves to pick it up." - Ragnar Lothbrok


 


Onepu, Kehuri, the recluse, Aar, Priicu - BZPRPG Characters


If you interact with one of my characters and weren't already doing so, please PM me to let me know!


 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ihu Koronans

 

"My extremely accurate psikeyatrick diagnosis is an acute case of ######ebaggery. Besides, Junk ain't the sociopath with a long history of viole-"

 

"Shut up, Smiley."

 

IC: Tera

 

"Korru, we don't have many options. If we decide to not trust him, we can either stay here -with someone we don't trust- or go deeper, which isn't going to work at all. We have our information, let's complete the mission."

 

IC:

 

"A kindred spirit!" Junk exclaimed, saluting Smiley with three fingers. "You don't trust me, there's about two dozen other guards here. We got guys from up and down the Walks - none of 'em got my flair or my pretty eyes, but they're good sortsa guys in their own way. They'll give it to you as straight as I have, Commander."

 

...

 

IC:

 

As they walked, the group heard, as one, the same sound that had befell them before. But now it was closure.

 

[heavy breathing intensifies]

 

And there was another sound, like the clacking of metal on rock, hammering away in the dark before them.

 

-Tyler


whats up doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: 88

 

88 walked back to his printing shop/house. He went inside quietly and flipped the open sign to closed.

 

OOC: 88 is closed for interaction. Corpus Rahkshi is taking up too much time, and frankly it is a ton of fun. Until it dies down or something, I'm on hold.


I HATE SCORPIOS


 


~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Melna (Darkwalk, Civilian Group)

 

Those sounds, something was off.

 

Melna could feel it (honestly she'd been feeling it constantly for a while), and true to her nature, Melna felt like she needed to do something to prepare, but what...

 

Idea!

 

"Hey, Lux," Melna said to the Po-Matoran beside here "how are you and your Parakuka getting along?"

 

IC: Korru (Darkwalk, Sentinel Group)

 

"Hrrm, alright" Korru muttered, realizing he was in the minority opinion.

 

"Let's just make sure we're all aiming for the monsters from now on.


BZPRPG Profiles

 

Ferron-Nuparu-Mar-Zelvin-Tamachan-Wiremu-Farzan-Trava-Mako

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

"Terrible. He just payed with my money, lets himself get sidetracked at the drop of a hat, has questionable taste in relationships and how he likes his steak, and right now is very much under the sway of his whims and emotions, way more than any boss should."

The grizzled Pa-Toa took a drink, looking the group as a whole (somehow) straight in the eyes.

"He's also probably the best friend I've ever had, loyal more than any prettyboy like him's got a right to be, and he'd probably risk death for my sake. Naturally, the relationship works both ways."

The last morsel of steak disappeared down his gullet, and he rose, pushing his seat in and favoring Flay with a nod.

"So if you're looking to get a new member out of this, stop. Sounds like I'll be seeing you all in twenty-five. Enjoy the meal."

He walked out, leaning back on the wall just outside. Might as well tag along with someone whose internal compass functioned.

Like Flay, whenever she finished.

  • Upvote 2

helo frens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Onamazu

 

"About this Panacea, what exactly is it? I'm familiar with the word, but I am curious as to how you learned of it and it's possible location."


...but close to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: [ Rhea ] - Forsi / Roasted Ruki

Rhea waited until Cipher had said his piece and left, and then she smiled without humor and noted, dryly, "In other words, the Shaddix boy is my personal antithesis, insofar as personality type goes."

Deftly, fingers moving with uncanny precision, she began counting out the money bag's contents into seven equal piles.

"I pay my own debts, fork my own broncs, and there's nothing or no one can break my focus or sway my judgement unless I wish it. I eat steak with red in the middle, choose my teammates with the apocalypse in mind, and if one thing's for certain sure... If it comes down to a clinch decision between your lives or mine... I mean no offense, but it'll be me who digs the graves."

Or at least, girl, you'd like to think so.

A muscle in her cheek twitched faintly, irritably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Avier

 

Do I do it or no?

 

...

 

Avier flicked a breadcrumb at Rhea.

 

Let the apocalypse begin.

 

OOC: No ragrets.

Edited by TX Wade
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Haruru

 

After he had silently accepted refreshment in the form of a coconut, Haruru listened intently to the group's various lines of conversation.

Edited by LUBrickon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Syvra

 

"Good, then I believe our next course of action should be securing a trio of dikapis for tomorrow. And I believe our best bet to find those would be in the market sector."\

And with that he lead the way towards said sector

 

Undetermined amount of time later

 

"530 widgets and that is final." A salesman said defiantly

Syvra rubbed his temples at this. He had never had an eye for bargaining when it came to finances. He turned and looked to Demos/Phantom

"You were a businessman at one time, perhaps you should handle this negotiation."


u9et1dt.gif

 

Banner made by Onaku

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skuggy

 

"Thank Mata Nui," said Skuggy, relieved.

 

IC: Jarrun

 

Once the life-boat was back to the ship Jarrun let go of the paddle before grabbing the rope. Using his mask of strength he began to pull the entire life-boat up along with him and the two Matoran, once at the top he grabbed the edge with a steady hand before tightening the rope so the boat would stay. He then climbed out, turned around and pulled out the knocked out Matoran and laid her on the deck. The male Matoran followed.

 

Jarrun got down and pressed the side of his head to her chest, her heart-light fluttered and she was breathing. "She's alive." he said finally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Melna (Darkwalk, Civilian Group)

 

Those sounds, something was off.

 

Melna could feel it (honestly she'd been feeling it constantly for a while), and true to her nature, Melna felt like she needed to do something to prepare, but what...

 

Idea!

 

"Hey, Lux," Melna said to the Po-Matoran beside here "how are you and your Parakuka getting along?"

 

IC:

 

Really?

 

Now you decide it's a good time for small talk?

 

Really?

 

"Melna, no offence," I rasped, sweat forming on my brow as the Parakuka raged and roared to let free, "but I'm not sure if this is best time for that."

 

IC:

 

I felt my blood run cold.

 

My grip tightened on the handle of my knife. I could barely feel my fingers they were clenched so hard. I couldn't breathe. My heart seemed to stop whenever that sound started again. Metal scraping against stone. The sound of miners at work. It had always been a comforting sound for Onu-Matoran.

 

Yeah yeah, very comforting now, isn't it?

 

"Sir," I said, because I needed to say something or my heart would burst, "do you see anything?"

 

-Void


 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skuggy

 

"Should take them to the hospital," said Skuggy. "They look pretty beat."

 

IC: Jarrun, NPC Ga-Matoran Sailor

 

"Your call captain, works for me." Jarrun said. He turned to the Matoran still conscious. "What happened to your ship?"

 

The Matoran looked down before glancing back up. "We were raided by four Skakdi." he said. "We're just a trader ship, bringing supplies to Ga-Koro. They took our rations, supplies, metal, ammunition and all of our stocks of alcohol. Cleaned us out of everything." he shook his head. "Then they boarded their ship, they said no one had to get hurt but then they fired their cannons, blew our ship to bits. There were six of us, we're the only two that made it."

 

Jarrun's eye twitched with anger. He wanted to find these Skakdi, make sure they got what they deserved for what they did to these Matoran. "Karz," he cursed.

 

"They are still out there we could catch them, but we have to get these two some medical help. They're gonna get away with this."

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: [ Rhea ] - Forsi / Roasted Ruki

...

*click*

...

There's a breadcrumb on the tablecloth. Gently, I reach out and brush it away. It falls three feet and lands in the dust, invisible against the desert ocher.

There is no movement in my eyes, only a light. Color it green. And my face is still. Color it pale.

I get up. I feel my body moving, easy and quiet. I step back and away, push the chair into place behind me.

There is no more thinking now. There is no more breathing or seeing or hearing or anything, but only a spark of knowing, and I taste the words. Feel them cold against my lips. Color them torment.

"I must go. Please excuse me."

I turn and walk out into the desert sun.

The street is mostly empty.

...

There is a thing inside me.

And now it is me.

 
...
 
everywhere
 
oh gods
 
...

Brushstroke quick against the vision, desperate.

 
With a final fluid motion, I color it pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

what

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen
  • Upvote 4

helo frens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra

 

I wasn't feeling so good. I wanted to blame it on bad meat, but I knew that wasn't it. It wasn't the sun either, I was in the shade of the Roasted Ruki. I hadn't traveled very far from the structure before I had acquired that letter. 

 

That stupid letter, why was it bothering me so much? If Krayn wanted to leave the Gukko Force that was his problem, not mine. Heck he was probably more than happy to quit. 

 

Then Cipher came out of the restaurant, I spared him a glance before going back to my fretting. Then that...what was her name again? Rhea? Walked out and...slapped herself? 

 

I just don't even know anymore.

Edited by Skitty


My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Andrex:

 

He turned back to the (Bo?)-Toa behind him, and asked in turn, "What about you? What brings you out to the desert like this?


Corpus Rahkshi Profiles!

Kat Grim Diode Burn Percy

Aza and Ezec Pentaghast


CORPUS RAHKSHI APPROVED CHARACTERS


Corpus Rahkshi Discord

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Sorry this took so long. The last post meant a pair of handcuff sets, although I realize that it would probably be read as a single set.

 

NPC Sentinels

 

IC: With a slightly annoyed huff, the Toa handcuffed both of the twins before turning away and gesturing for them to follow him. While the medical Matoran and his guard did their best to help the injured Vortixx behind them, the entire group started on their way to the nearest Sentinel outpost.

 

 

Kale Ironshaper- Forsi- Fowadi

 

It took a bit of time, but eventually the rest of the crew showed up at the ship. At east the ones who wanted to stay on the crew had.

 

As one of the dockworkers untied the ropes that bound them to the pier, Kale gave the wheel a turn that sent them around until the metal clad ship pointed out to sea.

Kale had been hoping that Dehkaz would be with them the next time they set sail. It seemed that was not to be the case which meant that the silver Toa would need to spend his time at the wheel instead of lounging up on the yardarms where it was breezy and cool.

 

With a sigh Kale gave the wheel one more turn to get them in the right direction before fixing it in place with a chunk of metal and settled back in a chair that he had placed there earlier just for this reason.

 

OOC: Fowadi to Onu. Hopefully to arrive some time after the other members of the party traveling on foot.


"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: No problem, Silvan; it's cool.

A wide grin spread across Tenjin's face as he flicked off the head of his cigarette with his teeth, his hand waving at the crowd of people around them as he acted like he was the star attraction of a parade. Taranis, who's arm was flailing around because of this, glared at his brother as in anger.

"You're an idiot," he mumbled as they continued to follow the Sentinels.


Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jarrun

 

The Toa of Stone nibbled on his toothpick, "Alright Captain, good call." he said. In truth he wanted nothing more then to find these Skakdi and give them a taste of freedom. But maybe that was because he'd been a slave to a Skakdi for some time, they weren't his favorite species. Still, these Skakdi raiders weren't helping their cause.

 

"The two of you are going to be okay." he told the Ga-Matoran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Jam with Gravy.

 

...

 

That sounds like it'd taste horrible.

 

IC:

 

The firelight cast jagged, rough shadows across Dehkaz's Kanohi as he walked back over to their makeshift camp, his open longcoat waving behind him as a cool desert breeze animated it for a split second.  It was still relatively light out, the sky having taken on a dusty red tone common to dusk in Po-Wahi.  The toa of Magnetism had prepared their target practice for the evening, which consisted of stones of various sizes arrayed in a rough semicircle at different lengths from their camp.  A faint smile played across his face as he dusted his hands together.
 
"Alright Naona, bad guys are all set up, what do you want to try first, pistol or rifle?" Dehkaz asked, standing next to said toa of Stone.  His own weapon was slung across his shoulder.
 
 
"The pistol," she replied, glancing at the aforementioned weapon in her hands. It was comfortable to hold, the Toa of Stone noted - a testament to the skill of its crafted. Despite her unfamiliarity with firearms, there was little to no awkwardness present as she tested the weight of the pistol. "I would most likely use it more."
 
Naona had chosen the pistol over the rifle variant for several reasons, the biggest being that the former suited her agile fighting style more than the latter. She preferred to hit fast, and while the rifle would likely pack a bigger punch, it would be rather difficult to move quickly while carrying such a large weapon. However, she would endeavour to familiarise herself without throughout the course of the lesson; after all, she might need to use it someday.
 
 
Dehkaz nodded in understanding, and unclipped his own pistol from his belt.  He turned it over in his hand so that Naona could see, and removed the magazine.
 
"Alright, let's start with the basics.  These work by loading diskettes into a firing chamber, which can be thought of as a streamline version of the disk cannons we've got on the Fowadi, before launching them out of the barrel to give anyone on the other end the surprise of their life.  A spring in the magazing then advances the next diskette into the chamber, and it's ready to fire again."
 
"To load the magazines, simply push the diskettes inside, they should fit right in," Dehkaz demonstrated with the magazine in his hand, taking out and putting back in one of the metallic disks.
 
"Loading the weapon is simple, but I suggest practicing the motions, it may save your life oneday.  First push the lock forward, that's the lever on each side of the pistol, all the way.  Then slide the magazing inside the receiver, there's no front or back to a disk so it doesn't matter which way, until you hear a small click.  That tells you a diskette is in the chamber.  Pull the lock back into place, that should also click, that secures the magazing and winds the spring that allows for semi-auto fire.  Once everything is place, pull back the charging handle.  You only need to do this once, the launcher will automatically reset after each shot."
 
"Got all that so far, Naona?"
 
"Yes," she replied, her concentration completely focused on carefully replicating her friend's actions. It was radically different from using a normal disk launcher, especially with all the steps that were required to simply load the weapon. As Dehkaz had stated, she would need to master the loading action quickly if she wanted to use it without too much difficulty.
 
"Alright, firing is considerably easier, but takes some getting used to.  It's not like a crossbow, you don't have to account for drop or lead your target as much."
 
"First, one hand gripping it securely, and the other either on the base of the grip or on top of the barrel, just to support it though.  Fingers off of the trigger for now."
 
Dehkaz showed her the grips, before raising his weapon up.
 
"Lift it up ninety degrees and pointed towards your target, keeping you eblow straight but not locked.  Try to keep it straight when firing.  This will help increase the amount of kinetic energy transferred to the disk.  Your other hand is only there to steady your aim and prevent recoil from picking it up too much."
 
The instructions were clear and precise. That was good. Naona carefully lifted up her own pistol, holding it in accordance with her friend's words. Her fingers itched to fire it, but she kept them in check; it wouldn't do if she were to accidentally skip a step out of ignorance and impatience to learn how to use her firearm.
 
"Anything else?" she asked, eyes narrowing in on the targets before them.
 
 
"Just be aware, the disks have very different ballistics than normal projectiles.  You won't have to raise your aim to account for drop like with a crossbow, there is very little within their effective range, and they also have some... interesting characteristics when fired in motion," Dehkaz explained, reaching out to slightly adjust Naona's arms. "I'll explain while you shoot; just put the target above the furthest sight and between the two closest ones."
 
"And go for it."
 
Her fingers moved over the trigger as she adjusted the pistol's position, pointing it towards the location her companion had indicated. Naona steeled herself, and promptly clicked down, the projectile rocketing out of the barrel at high speeds. Her breath hitched as she felt the recoil travel through her hands. It definitely was quite different from using other ranged weaponry.
 
"It's very ..." she started hesitantly, searching for the right words.
 
"... Neat?"
 
"As good a descriptor as I've ever heard one, they are very neat indeed," Dehkaz agreed, what looked to be a smile upon his face.  Weapons, especially ones as finely crafted and elegant as these, were something that he could appreciate.  And it was to be expected, he risked his life on weapons working effeciently and effectively.
 
"And powerful," he added, indicating the stone target thst she had been aiming for, which now lay in multiple pieces in the sand, the metal diskette shining beside them.
 
"Nice shot, by the way," he added, "And don't worry, the flinch goes away after a while.  Suffice to say, you handled it better than I did."
 
"I was fortunate enough to be alone for that, though."
 
"You did warn me of the recoil," she replied, admiring her own handiwork. "I took that into account."
 
She would need to get used to it, however; the Toa of Stone did not want to flinch every time she fired.
 
"I suppose I should try shooting once more," Naona continued.
 
Dehkaz nodded in encouragement, beginning to speak once again as she started firing.
 
"Unlike arrows or bolts from bows and crossbows respectively, and somewhat like the bullet-based weapons foreigners have, the disks rotate along their vertical axis for stability, giving them range and accuracy above what you'd expect," The sharp sound of metal breaking rock sliced through the desert air as he continued, "this, in addition to the fact that they do not have any 'forward' or 'point' means that they'll gain any lateral motion that you have when you fire them.  You'll probably notice this the most when you're using your Kanohi.  This means that you'll have to trail your shot in order to hit a stationary target when moving, but also that you won't need to lead a shot as much if both you and your target are moving at the same speed."
 
"It can take some getting used to, but I find it to be an advantage," Dehkaz almost gave a grin, "This also means that they'll pack a punch if you fire them forward when using your Kakama."
 
Naona paused momentarily as she reloaded, gazing at her firearm in a new light. While the physics of the projectiles were somewhat beyond her understanding, she could understand how useful they could be. Having incorporated her mask powers heavily into her fighting style, the diskettes would definitely be a boon.
 
"That is quite interesting."
 
She fired again, watching as a rock shattered a fair distance away from her.
 
"Any other tidbits of information that I may need to know?"
 
"Other than you do not want to know what these things do to internal organs when they hit, nope I think that should be all," Dehkaz answered after a moment of thought, "Besides, I'm sure that you'll figure some uses for it with your Element and Kanohi that I never thought of."
 
He glanced over to the stone targets, most of which had been reduced to little more than a pile of rocks with almost as many shots.  Dehkaz raised an eyebrow as he looked back over to Naona, smile turning into a smirk.
 
"Are you sure you haven't used one of these before?"
 
"Definitely," she replied, returning the smile.
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Gatanka (Panacea Group Camp)

 

"I would appreciate a bushel of apples, please."

 

 

- - - - - - - - - -

 

 

IC: Dessa (Forsi)

 

The young Vortixx strolled into the port settlement.

 

She smiled as she remembered walking this exact path so many times in the past, when she was much younger, making a trip or two every summer season to come and put their harvest up for sale. They used to sell out almost immediately. Over time, the trips decreased, the gaps between them increasing exponentially as either drought took the crops for the season or not enough could be harvested for sale.

 

But mainly it was because nobody bought from the Jalee family anymore. Forsi especially.

Any settlements around the Naho area just got the majority of their produce from Ga-Koro.

In fact, a lot of the island got their produce from Ga-Koro.

 

They could hunt and sell rahi-based goods, but rahi around their area were becoming fewer and fewer. Overhunting and migration either north or south had taken care of that.

The Jalee family were farmers, anyway. Hunting was just a side-prospect. Nobody thought going north towards Po-Koro would be a good idea, even if there were rahi in more plentiful numbers there. They'd likely be no match for local competition.

That's why she was sent south to find a new prospect for the family. New land, new crops, new rahi.

A whole new prospect.

Her family was counting on her.


OOC: Open for interaction.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

O....kay. I guess...that all just happened.

 

Flay almost didn't want to finish her food. Stepping out of the restaurant was one step closer to seeing if somebody actually got their insides ripped out by one Toa of Iron who'd just left after taking that challenge with a smirk that might've said 'jokes' as much as it gave off the vibe of 'I will do you proud, Flay. I will happily rip livers out of people and then drink the alcohol inside and-'

 

If that actually happened - 

 

Arrest. Right then and there. And probably some physical violence.

 

But still, she'd been hungry, and good food, good MEAT, was a rarity that she hadn't seen for the past few days and this Roasted Ruki place wasn't half bad.

 

Whoever in the heavens decided that eating food faster could mean finding the person you were supposed to rein in basically committing crimes that would completely ruin your career was a ####.

 

The dilemmas.


GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3


  (╯◕_◕)╯


BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zelvin and Mar (Roasted Ruki)

 

Zelvin raised an eyebrow at Rhea's remark, but otherwise she didn't bat an eye. She knew the kind of rules Rhea had made that decision by: in this business, you made your own rules, but so did everyone else! Zelvin would just have to make sure not to become that kind of liability, and that would be on her and her alone to avoid.

 

Then, the Fa-Toa in the group flicked a breadcrumb at Rhea, and she turned into a pale statue, before quietly walking out with barely a word.

 

"Now look what yo-" Zelvin began in her best mommy-tone, but she stopped herself.

 

Normally she would've given the offending party a well-deserving scolding, but here she had no idea what exactly the offending party had done. She frowned, spared Avier a single disapproving glance before she walked out after Rhea.

 

She stood in the doorway, just watching Rhea act out what looked like an extremely subdued tantrum.

 

"If you feel the need to 'let out', wait until you're less visible by your crew next time."

 

...right!

 

That put several dampers on the hostilities. For one, I didn't want to think too hard about the implications of Rhea being willing to sacrifice the rest of us at the drop of a hat. Digging the graves herself was a nice courtesy, but one I could definitely do without.

 

And then Avier ignited the food fight again, and Rhea... what?

 

Zelvin walked out, I turned my attention to Avier.

 

"If you somehow avoid swift retribution for this, take it as a cautionary tale about fool's luck!"


BZPRPG Profiles

 

Ferron-Nuparu-Mar-Zelvin-Tamachan-Wiremu-Farzan-Trava-Mako

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...