BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

I kissed my prosthetic fingertips and pressed them to Cipher's mouth, but before he could even turn to Skyra with an ominous "Later" I'd spun on my heel and started portioning out supplies at hyperkinetic pace again.

"So, down to brass tax," I said, shooting Cipher a coquettish grin while he wiped his mouth off with the sleeve of my stolen jacket. "I'm looking for someone whom you probably have heard of by the unfortunate name of Joske Nimil. Don't bother looking for him here, or on the way to Po-Koro, or in Po-Koro, because he's probably not there. We're headed to Po to look for someone who may have known where he started out at. I know he's hitting six temples throughout Mata Nui, I just don't know which and where. Maybe my guy can help me out, maybe he can't. In any case, we all know the deal with temples. There's nothing people love putting in temples more than creepy ###### - except one thing. You! Fem Brykon!" I pointed at Zelvin with a finger gun and flicked a canteen her way, too. "What's the one type of ###### people love putting more in temples than creepy ######?"

"Valuable...######."

"Ding ding!" I clicked my tongue on my teeth and mimicked shooting the finger gun. "Valuable ######. It totally flows through these kinds of old ruins. Help me get inside, help me see if my friend has been there, and you'll send my heart a-flutter, we'll all become fire-forged companions until the day we die...and you get the valuable ######."

I recognized the glint in a few pairs of eyes, then; we'd all - with the exception of Flay and Skyra - cut our teeth as mercenaries, and we knew a good deal when we heard one, but of all the pairs of eyes it was Rhea I paid attention to (I knew Ciph was already watching Toothy Ciph warily enough for both of us.)

"Cipher is getting paid just for being here," I explained, "so is Flay, and Skyra wouldn't know what to do with money if her wallet talked as much as I did. All four of us are set...and we all know what good seven extra pairs of hands could do." I reached for a canteen, larger than all save mine, and held it out by the cap. "What do you say, partner? Let's get rich?"

f is for friends who do stuff together

u is for u and me!

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden
  • Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:  Zelvin and Mar (Forsi)

Zelvin caught the canteen, taking a moment to ensure that it was in fact filled, with the proper liquid.

Also:

"Valuable...######."

"You are a bad influence Dorian Shaddix," Zelvin thought to herself, outwardly nodding and smiling, "I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy this"

"Now then"

Zelvin popped open the canteen and poured a small helping into her mouth. Sloshing it around for a while before swallowing.

"Guess it was high time I washed my own mouth for once"

I caught the canteen, the hand disappearing behind my cloak. Karv sniffed it curiously for a moment, before turning his attention to Dorian & Co. Watching.

I was watching too.

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Better stay chill Toothy Ciph because I don't think either of these teams want you and me to get in some trouble

Naaaah, I'm playin' we teaming up I ain't gonna threaten ya but seriously

Be smart.

Anyways, judging from the reactions of the gathered crowd, I'd say we had a happy bunch of mercenaries on our hands. Didn't look like anybody was too keen on turning this offer down.

Especially with Dor playing it up like that. Seriously, He just rainbowed that one to the Vo-Toa.

I didn't even know he liked soccer.

Catching my own canteen on an index finger within the handle (I am suh-lick) I let it spin for a couple seconds as Rhea considered Dor's offer.

• Upvote 1

helo frens

IC: [ Rhea / Nero ] - Forsi

"O silver-tongued Dorian Shaddix," drawled the bounty hunter wryly, "you have set forth a proposition that I cannot, in clear conscience, refuse."

And she made a brisk military salute, the kind that's somehow just as much of arrogance as it is of respect, and reached with her left hand and deftly spun the canteen from Dorian's grip and let it settle into her own.

"You can call it a deal."

The Axe accepted his canteen without fanfare and strapped it to his belt.

He approved of this turn of events. It had been a long time, far too long, since he'd seen action.

And valuable ###### was valuable ######, after all.

IC:

"Told you, Ciph." I clapped twice in front of the Su-Toa, shaking off the last of the spare dust from his (admittedly smooth-) takedown. "Hoo-ah."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Kubrick

Kubrick took the proferred canteen and peered into it. Smelled better than he hoped.

He wondered what kind of valuable ###### would be available. Hopefully the useful ######. Shiny and heavy ###### made for bad loot.

"What are you thinking?" Kubrick asked Mar in a soft voice.

Edited by Tenth Norik

IC: 

"Hoo-ah, brother. So, the team's all here now. We're setting off?"

D'aaaw, lookit her trying to save face with that little salute. Adorable.

What? I'm still holding firm, don't worry. I've hung out with Dorian for full weeks at a time. I'm solid.

helo frens

IC:

"I guess we can take the easy way." I held Joske's dinged up lighter in front of me and flicked it thoughtfully when the light shone off its silver surface. "Stallion Stan's waiting on me and he don't even know it."

I walked forward, but Flay called after me: "Wait, you and Stannis are on a nickname basis?"

"I'm an easy guy to like, Flay! You should try it!"

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Skyra

"Yeah Stannis! I haven't seen him since..." I thought back...and kept thinking....

"Well since he was a Matoran...and I was still a dude." 

It would be a slightly awkward reunion. 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Xenon

"What to write..."

They had a printing press now. The flyers were already out there, and were growing in number, reaching people more and more. But was more needed...?

Pamphlets were good and all for news bites and all, bit for in depth critique? A different medium was needed...

Ordinary newspapers like the Daily and the Weekly didn't lend themselves well to what Xenon was thinking off, as their type of news sort of required as close to possible objectivity. People didn't want bad (as in poor in quality) news, after all. But commenting on those news? That's what Xenon wanted to do, to give his opinion, but he couldn't have a newspaper made completely of opinions and editorials-wait.

Perhaps a magazine?

OOC: trying to restart the Po revolution people

IC:

Initiate sequence: smug.exe

"Right. If anyone here's suddenly liable to get popped, they'd do it then and not when we're all standing around here out in the open. Of course, how could I forget?"

Dohohohoho.

Anyways, I figured I'd let Dor handle tactics for now.

"I'm trustin' you here, Skyra. Don't let me down. That'd suck."

• Upvote 1

helo frens

IC Sade

After a night in the inn and an exquisitely detailed and unwritten of bath scene, the Ko-Toa rejoined her erstwhile companions in the inn's dining room. Either the fun of the desert night or fluctuations in time-space left them in more or less the same state of wakefulness

"The train is leaving soon. You're still interested in heading to Po-Koro, correct?" She addressed the bulky Ta-Toa

IC Onamazu

The desert night (quite unrelated to the desert daytime in Forsi) was getting rather comfy. They had fruit, a meager fire and a sky full of stars!

In the mood for deep and philosophical conversation, Onamazu rolled over in her sleeping bag towards the party.

"So, why are all of you how you are? What are your stories?"

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC: Phantom

He thought for a moment, then approached the salesman, seeming to revert back to Demos, at least for the moment. "You see, sir, we've been sent by Onu-Koro's Ussalry. We're out to perform a surgical strike on a dangerous group of villains that live right here in the Po-Wahi deserts. To get there, we need mounts. This group has already attacked another Koro- my friend was there when it happened- and Po may very well be next on the list." He folded his arms. "If that isn't enough, I happen to own a small chain of libraries. When this is over, I could employ your Dikapi for deliveries between them for a higher fare each than 530 widgets. I guarantee it is in your best interest to accept." He was lying through his teeth, but deception had always been his specialty. He might some day come back, but he would need to work off the rest of his sentence first.

IC: 

The Salesman narrowed his eyes as he listened to Demos. Whether this was a sign of suspicion or curiosity one could not be sure. 

"300 widgets, no lower." The salesman stated in his gruff tone. He gave no hint of whether he believed Demos or not, though the lowering of price was certainly a good sign

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: The Toa Shaydas.

"I failed in a job I had once," Onic spoke up, in answer to Onamazu's question. "That failure cost me my eye, my station, my friends... everything that I'd once had. So I found somewhere new to start over."

Panyk kept his explanation brief. "No one wanted me, so I left my old home and came here." 

Chavara hugged her knees to her chest and shuffled closer to the fire. The cool desert air didn't agree with her. She preferred the heat. "I made a... decision, a long time ago. It didn't sit well with my family. They forced me into a position where I had to rescind my choice, or leave. I chose the second option." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Kubrick took the proferred canteen and peered into it. Smelled better than he hoped.

He wondered what kind of valuable ###### would be available. Hopefully the useful ######. Shiny and heavy ###### made for bad loot.

"What are you thinking?" Kubrick asked Mar in a soft voice.

IC: Mar (Forsi)

"Mostly about who's going to be the most annoyed here. Me for not being able to 'fit in' with this group of party lions and larger-than-life egos clashing. Or them for not getting me to do much more than frown or raise my eyebrows occasionally"

I fiddled with a crossbow bolt, watching Rhea's marksman abilities with moderate interest.

"Nerves of steel go a long way"

OOC:

"It totally doesn't count, it wasn't even a bullet." 

IC: Zelvin (Forsi)

"But it could just as easily have been just as dangerous as a bullet, if not more so," Zelvin cut in, "semantics aren't going to help you when you have to fight for survival"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"If you can't even stop your own associate from buzzing your friend with hot gas, how will you stop a bullet at the speed of sound?" Kubrick snapped.

Kubrick was getting annoyed at these... Party lions, as Mar put it, and their bickering and cantering around. These three were awfully unprofessional. He didn't doubt their abilities (Rhea wasn't a fool) but they seemed too unpredictable and unreliable in a pinch.

Of course, he'd been proven wrong before, but still...

Edited by Tenth Norik

What was this guy on about?

"Lets think about this for a moment, how will I stop a bullet going at the speed of sound?" I paused.

"Well if it goes through Cipher and then hits me it will probably stop somewhere in my gut."  

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: I AM ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

IC:

In the distance, visible to her comrades, a crimson shape could be seen pulling far ahead.

As per usual the Crimson Lightning was achieving her goal three times faster.

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk
  • Upvote 6

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG