BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Banar

In the desolate desert of Po-Wahi, one could hear stones and boulders being dropped down again and again, with no obvious nor subtle pattern towards them.  It scared away some nearby rahi, but for the most part it was empty.

One of the rocks was lifted up before sitting still floating in the air.  Then a sharp blade of a spear cut cleanly through it as the two halves of the rock fell down to the ground.

Another rock was lifted a bit higher and was then was flung into the distance.

"Starting to get the hang of this, hahah."

Banar, a Toa of Gravity clad in dark metallic gold and brown armor, stood alone in the desert.  In one hand he carried nothing; the other a sharpened spear.  It could cut through rock easily, which was a plus for Banar's training.  He had only recently become a Toa, after all, so he figured he might as well try to hone his abilities.

Jeez, it's so boring out here, Banar thought.

There's gotta be something else I can do.

OOC: Open for interaction

Banar ceased his training with rocks and boulders and looked towards Po-Koro.

Well, I can always continue my training later, Banar thought.

His Kanohi Kualsi, the same dark metallic gold shade as most of his armor, started to glow as his eyes narrowed toward the gates of Po-Koro.  Within an instant he teleported to the gates of Po-Koro and walked through, putting his spear on his back.

Still bored.  Is there anything to do??

OOC: Open for interaction

Edited by Moku

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

IC:

"Hundred widgets."

"Fifty."

"Hundred."

The exchange occurring in Po-Koro's streets had already been going for several minutes, and Krayn was growing annoyed with it. The De-Toa was haggling with a Po-Lesterin holding the reins to a Kikanalo sipping water from a trough. The former officer wasn't looking to buy it, in fact he was simply offering compensation in exchange for borrowing the mount. Its owner had agreed quite readily to the prospect.

Price was proving to be more difficult.

"I'm only going to be borrowing him for a few hours." The De-Toa said, struggling to remain patient. He needed to trim the price down. Since his resignation from the Gukko Force, he no longer had an expenses budget. Any money he needed he paid for out of his own pocket, and while his pockets weren't shallow, this expedition wasn't being kind to them. He'd intended to stay in Po-Koro a while but his sudden departure meant he had to pay for water and other supplies for the trip across the desert, and if he wanted to catch up with Dehkaz and Naona... He needed a mount. "You'll have him back before the day is out. Is that really worth a hundred widgets?"

"A hundred." The Lesterin said stubbornly, setting his jaw in a line that made it very clear that he wasn't giving in. Krayn was desperate, and unfortunately it seemed the Lesterin knew it judging by the slight smirk at the corners of his expression. "Y'want to borrow Rocky, ya pay the right price."

"Sixty widgets."

"Try another fifteen." Finally giving a little ground, the Leserin crossed his arms. "Last chance."

"... Fine." Inside he was fuming, but he didn't have time to argue. He counted out the payment from the money tucked into his coat and handed it over, the Lesterin doing the same with the reins once the money was in hand.

"Good doin' business with ya. Leave 'im at the last outpost before y'get to the tunnel. I'll collect him."

Krayn nodded, pulling himself onto the Rahi and kicking lightly at his flanks. The beast took off steadily, speeding up as he left the village.

He was on his way.

OOC: Krayn to Onu.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: " And you say these are all over the Koro." Hewkii said, looking at the poster in his hand. The propaganda was...preposterous. Himself, a power-hungry tyrant, and the Sentinels who kept the peace as thugs with badges? The sheer...creativity of the piece was to be admired, at least. The perpetrator was someone who knew rhetoric. He looked out the window, past the Sentinel sergeant who had brought this matter to his attention.

"What have the men been doing to counter this?"

"We've been taking them down wherever we can, sir." The sergeant replied. "To date we've collected at least seventy copies, and we're not getting all of them. This just started a couple of days ago."

"I see. A respectable production rate. How do the men feel?"

Hewkii could almost feel the hesitation, and put two and two together even as the sergeant's words reached him. "Well, to be honest sir, they're not happy. They feel demonized. Everyone knows the civilians hate and despise the Sentinels, and this propaganda is just bringing it to the forefront." His discipline prevented him from shifting uncomfortably, but the look in his eyes was unmistakable. Righteous anger.

"The discipline of your men is your responsibility, sergeant, but I trust that none of the younger members of the Sentinels have...acted rashly in public? We can hardly gain the approval of the people if we act the tyrants they fear us to be." He said.

The sergeant was silent for a moment before composing himself and opening his mouth. Hewkii held up a hand. "I understand. Ensure that it does not happen again. Your men may continue to remove the posters and anything else they might find. But do so discreetly. Confiscating items held by citizens is out of the question. And begin identifying the most common source locations of these posters. I want to begin putting together a suspect list."

The sergeant nodded. "Understood, sir."

"Dismissed."

The Toa turned and departed, leaving Hewkii alone in his office with the paper. He looked down at it, then back out at the city.

Where did I go wrong?

The thought echoed through Hewkii's brain, unrelenting and consuming like a ravenous Muaka.

My every action has been for the best interests of my people. I have always done what I felt would benefit them the most...and I am I tyrant? How? Who could come up with an idea like that? What line of--

His train of thought was cut off by a knock on his door.

"Enter." He said, turning toward the door. It swung open with a creak, and he saw a Toa wearing the distinctive livery of a messenger. The runner wordlessly handed him a piece of paper, which he absorbed quietly.

Finally, he set it down, his brain on a completely different track than it had been a minute ago. Suddenly, he felt a cold chill go down his spine as he felt old fears resurrect themselves. Fear of invasion. Fear of an army marching down the slopes of Mt. Ihu and into the badlands in the south of Po-Wahi, toward his beloved village. Fear of not just a cold war, but a hot one.

"Find out if that telegraph line to Ta-Koro is done yet." He said.

:w:

• Upvote 5

IC:Gerox/Leva Bay

After some minutes of searching in the coast, Gerox sees the body of a black-armored toa in the coast.

"Banar, I've found him!" shouted the turaga.

Banar rushed over to where the turaga was and saw an unconscious black-armored toa.

Hmmm, should I approach him?

"What do you suggest we do?"  Banar asked.  He hadn't been a toa for long, so he was quite inexperienced with situations like this.  He didn't want to admit this upfront, though.  After all, he was a toa, so he must have been strong and experienced!  Or so he thought...

Edited by Moku

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:Gerox

"We need to take him to po-koro" said the turaga, "I'll use my mask power to stop the bleeding but he needs medical care. "

After saying this, Gerox used his mask power to stop the bleeding.This weakened Gerox until the point he had to sit down.

"I'll be fine, i just need to rest for a moment,"said the turaga whilst seating on the nearest rock.

Edited by ToaTatonio

My BZPRPG Profiles

Johk - Gerox - Skebran - Samoh

The Asylum: Nakton - Kuraz - Empu

IC: Haruru

Haruru sat on the sand with his back to the warmth of the fire. He stared at the stars as he listened to others give their own answers to the question Onamazu had presented.

"I used to be part of a small, roving Toa team," Haruru said in a tone just loud enough to be heard over the crackling sounds of the campfire burning behind him. "Although we never did anything very flashy or rememberable, we helped out where we could." He let out a short sigh.  "We had a good, long run... but one by one as members of the team passed away for one reason or another... somehow I managed to be the one who was left to keep going..."

Continuing to gaze up at the night sky, Haruru returned to silence once again.

Edited by LUBrickon

IC:

Okay, Flay thought, So we now are in a situation where:

1) We just had a significant increase in our group size

2) The majority of this group consists of a bunch of dangerous mercenaries

3) At least one of whom still - quite clearly - suffered from mental burdens and had issues

4) And a large number of which are now motivated and loyal to Dorian's quest purely because Dorian had sweetly said that there would be valuable stuff

5) In a manner that totally did not sound like it was made up

6) And of this group there are only really two of us who are working in law enforcement

7) One is Skyra.

8) The other is me

" me," Flay muttered under her breath as she ran alongside everyone else.

• Upvote 12

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Zelvin and Mar (Forsi, Train Station)

The elderly Kru-Toa arrived on the platform with an outright spectacular cloud of dust and gravel in her wake. Her cloak had started sliding off her thin, wiry body when she stopped to take a breather.

"Oh what a mess!"

Stifling a cough, she straightened her clothes and kicked a little dirt off of her footwear, clearing her throat excessively.

"Well then" she said, her voice remarkably quickly back in its preferred range after the sprint, "where to now? Didn't Rhea have the tickets?"

"I believe so!"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Banar began to walk over towards the toa.  Guess I'll have to carry him.

He began to pick up the toa, a task that was not easy for him.  He almost fell over while lifting up the toa, though he managed to stay up.

"Alright, I've got him.  Let's go."  Banar said.

Edited by Moku

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Gerox and Skebran

On the way back to Po-Koro, the two encountered a group of thieves.They were three skakdi, one was visibly superior than the other two. One carried a staff, the other on an axe, and the last one a broadsword.The leader was a Le-Skakdi while the other two were Po-skakdi.

It didn't took long for them to spot Banar and Gerox, and soon they headed their way.

My BZPRPG Profiles

Johk - Gerox - Skebran - Samoh

The Asylum: Nakton - Kuraz - Empu

IC:

Or Dorian am I right Sky

A Y Y

THREE POINTER

I'll be here all day, people.

"So what, we jump up top and pray to our chosen gods that nobody notices?"

I was cool with that, mind you, but it obviously wasn't the best route we could have gone with.

• Upvote 2

helo frens

IC: [ Rhea ] - Forsi / Train station

"Don't look at me. When did I go buy tickets? Dorian was the one who went after supplies."

"I've never ridden on a train before, you know."

IC: Mar (Forsi, Train Station)

"For the record I don't think any of us have"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: [ Rhea / Nero ] - Forsi / Train station

Rhea frowned. Dorian, the filthy irresponsible coyote, was nowhere to be seen, and the prominently-displayed station timepiece was ticking down the seconds to departure. They had... just over a minute and a half.

The train whistled, then again.

That cur. I'll be if I'm going to pay for--

The Axe caught her eye and almost smiled. Then he walked calmly over to the nearby ticket box, dumped a fistful of widgets on the counter, and rumbled, "Ten and a Kavinika to Po-Koro. Keep the change."

The Po-Matoran clerk handed him the tickets without comment, and he double-checked the numbers and then walked back to the group.

"Everybody take one and let's get moving. Can't depend on your boss for everything."

OOC: New character time

IC, Whira: That Toothy Ciph was in for a surprise.

"Well well well, if it isn't Ciph," called out a voice behind him. Cipher turned to see a very pretty and very well-armed female Onu-Toa standing there with a kind of half-smirk on her face. "Fancy meeting you here," she said, walking up to him. "I thought you'd be out doing stuff, not riding trains."

IC: ...

"Oh, Whira. Hey. Train's part of doing stuff, actually. What're you up to these days?" I asked candidly. Guy with my unique spatial disposition and all, it wasn't often I got to see former co-workers. Especially not the pretty ones.

Which is funny considering like half of us seem to be really pretty. Anyone else ever catch that? You'd think people in this job'd not keep their faces and stuff intact.

Not that I'm complaining, of course. Anyway, Whira and I'd somehow managed to stick together working for a few jobs a while back. We kept mostly professional, so I didn't know her as well as, say, I know Dor. But she was pretty up to scratch at what she did. Might be an asset, but then again, we already had supplies and such all divvied up.

helo frens

OOC: Have Lumira and Halyx go on ahead of them? Tell the rest of the Voya where they're going, so that if Grimlock and Hiram come back and wanna join back up, they still can, but so there's no bunnying of characters involved.

IC:

"I vote for Le," I said flatly. It would be home, at least, and cheerier than Onu at any rate.

Spirit-willing, I could use some cheer right about now.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Snelly you ninja

IC, Whira: "Oh, you know, this and that. The usual kind of thing." The Toa of Earth looked at the train. "So if the train

's part of doing stuff, then where are you off to? Don't tell me you're going into hiding or something."

Then Skyra squealed

Whira grinned. "Well you seem excited. I'm Whira," she said, sticking out her hand.

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

IC: This and That. The Usual.

I got the distinct feeling that meant "I have nothing on my plate right now, but what are YOU doing old buddy?"

Well, far be it from me to be anti-social.

"Stopping at Po for something. After that, Dor's motley crew (that's us) is going dungeon crawling in a few temples scattered around the island. Hopefully there's some fun loot."

Skyra then squee'd.

The former stereotypical goody two shoes straight-laced dude, people. Either way, whatever she was thinking, I was sure it wasn't exactly correct. Nor was it something I could convince her otherwise about.

"That's Skyra. Former Commander of the Gukko Force. He's a chick now."

helo frens

IC, Whira: He's a chick now

It took a moment for that statement to sink in.

"I'm so... sorry...?" said Whira. She had never encountered anyone who had had a sex change before, so she didn't quite know how to respond.

"Anyway, mind if I tag along? I don't want you to have all the fun without me."

IC:

I got a punch in the shoulder for that.

Okay so she still hits like a dude ow.

Ow.

"I wouldn't, but we did just get through dividing up supplies and all. You'll have to take it up with Dor. May as well grab a ticket and hop on so we can hash things out from there."

Speaking of, how long was this train gonna wait around for?

We had to be running close.

• Upvote 1

helo frens

IC, Whira: "Alright, hold on a sec." Whira briskly walked over to the clerk at the window and slapped down some widgets in front of him. "I need a ticket for that train there."

"But ma'am, that train's about to lea-"

"I don't care- Do you want this establishment to make money or not?" Grudgingly the clerk handed her a ticket.

Whira ran back to the group. "Okay, I got a ticket."

IC: Gerox and Skebran

On the way back to Po-Koro, the two encountered a group of thieves.They were three skakdi, one was visibly superior than the other two. One carried a staff, the other on an axe, and the last one a broadsword.The leader was a Le-Skakdi while the other two were Po-skakdi.

It didn't took long for them to spot Banar and Gerox, and soon they headed their way.

As Gerox and Banar walked back to Po-Koro, Banar sensed some eyes on him.  Probably just my imagination.

'Twas a misjudgement on his part, since there was a group of Skakdi following them.  He just didn't notice them.

Edited by Moku

BZPRPG Profiles