BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

Very well crafted. It's an Onu-Koroan model, where pragmatism and compactness are emphasized over all else, given the limited space associated with the Tunnels the Ussalry need to patrol. 

Given the relative lack of situations where extremes in range were necessary, instead the producers opted for something else entirely. 

Versatility. The "chamber", to use gun terms I am entirely familiar with, -honest-, is easily adjustable, and can handle any number of different bolt types, as opposed to the more standardized "I need these bolts for this Crossbow" type of deal you got with most other makes. Seriously, I can shoot anything from tiny poison darts to the huge miniature arbalest bolts you'd use to hunt Kane-Ra or similar huge things. It's great. I could kill a vampire from fifty yards away with this thing, all I'd have to do was carve a notch in the back of the stake.

Thing's great for a mercenary like me. Rugged, small, shoots dang near anything you can reasonably put in it.

They make good stuff, those Onu-Koroans.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen
  • Upvote 9

helo frens

IC: Skyra

I squirmed and squealed, but I didn't say the words. I could be stubborn like that, but I wasn't sure how long I could hold out. 

"C-Ciph!" I said hastily between giggles, stretching my hand up and toward his seat, from where I had sunk into my seat all he could see was my hand. "Helpppp....:" 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

I feel this would be best explained if I obsessed a bit over the details, like someone I once ran into on my travels. When he says he's normal, take it with a grain of salt.

It is at this point that I must offer my sincerest apologies. I had hoped, both in the situation and narration, that I could ignore the goings-on of my two most... bubbly, we shall say, co-workers to date. Thusly, I gave that glowing review of my crossbow you saw earlier, codifying basically every point I made and essentially reminding myself why I had thought it a good purchase, and why I continued to use it as opposed to the industry standard model, as a distraction.

It's true, I've attempted to deceive you much as I was myself. In any case, though, once Skyra's hand valiantly rose above the table and into my direct field of view, I could do so no longer. Some may have found this turn of events amusing, laughable, perhaps even charming.

It wasn't. I couldn't speak for Avier, who if I had to guess was likely enjoying it for what it seemed, but for Dor and especially myself, this was like falling into a deep dark pit, perhaps the Marianas Trench. Or the Valles Marineris, for that matter.

Please stop, you two. You're making a scene, and we already get enough looks as it is.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen
  • Upvote 4

helo frens

IC: Zelvin (Iron Mahi)

"Girls, girls!" Zelvin called from where she'd stood up, leaning over their seat.

"That's enough out of you, I'm sure Skyra is very good at being insane, but we don't need more than one of her. Isn't that right, Whira?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Mar (Iron Mahi)

No, sleeping was not an option, not in this noise!

Ugh, how tempting it would be to just tune everything out, but in my experience nulling your senses entirely in this career was generally a bad idea. You never know when someone's suddenly gotten it into his head that your spine would make a nice towel rack.

Four of the group already busy fueling or fanning the fire of chaos nearby, two (three if you counted Karv) sound asleep, one trying to fall asleep. Three standing spread out minding themselves. One staring vacantly into the horizon.

When I lay it all out like that it probably sounds like it took a while to get all of it structured and clear in my head, but in truth I'd processed all of it in a matter of seconds, and now taken action on it.

Maybe conversation would help.

"If it makes you feel better you're not the only one trying his hardest to ignore them." I said to Dorian as I came up nearby.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Yeah, looks like we've got a trainful of kindred spirits." Dorian turned his head away from the window and stretched an arm...

...with a lazy smile. I gave the lighter on my chest two flicks.

"You smoke?"

"No!"

"Relax. I spent a year on an islet full of 'em. It's courtesy." I flicked one corner of my mouth and pursed a cigarette anyway - unlit, after another glance at Rhea's merc. "Who are you?"

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

I eyed him a little. Something about him reminded me of...Sev.

I heard Sev had ripped Onewa's Parakuka right out of his back. Something about the sheer savagery of the act made me doubt it; Illicia, maybe, if the Turaga had prodded her the way Vakama had prodded me, but Sev...Sev...

Dorian didn't want to think about his team right now.

"Good to meet you," he said, wistfully trying to take a drag. "So, first recruit. Mind telling me what kind of hire I just made?"

He had almost no doubts that someone on Rhea's end of things had asked Cipher or Flay the same question after he'd left the Ruki behind, and he had an inkling of exactly what each would have told them. Time to even the score.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Mar (Iron Mahi)

"If you want my honest opinion you're out of luck, but as for my professional opinion..."

I briefly regarded the still apparently sleeping figure of Rhea Heartsflame.

"The group's pretty new, but the people in it know what they're doing most of the time." I said, emphasis on that last part.

"If you'll notice, so far the most 'disruptive' elements of this expedition has come from your end" I said, with a telling nod towards Skyra.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Mar and Zelvin (Iron Mahi)

"Say that about a broken appliance and you'll see where that falls flat!"

I shrugged.

"It's not really my business anyway!"

What I didn't say out loud was that I knew from experience that the truly dangerous kinds of people didn't feel a need to act like they were. It would be... interesting (not to mention very surprising) to see if that was true of Skyra, too.

Zelvin adopted a mildy stern expression and gave the two of them another disapproving stare each.

"Good, good. Settle down and we'll all be better for it"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Maybe. Just as likely they'll be empty old ruins. Or that we're going to have our souls tested and our inner light dragged kicking and screaming to the surface."

"Now that I say that out loud, the sooner we find Jos, the better."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Banar

"That sucks, because I could use that Turaga's mask healing power.  Those Skakdi sure took a lot out of me." Banar said.  He looked quite exhausted and fatigued from the fight.

"Wow, all those weapons for three Skakdi?  That's quite a lot, even if most of them are daggers."

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok