BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Volin

"I guess." Volin shrugged, glancing at the Fe-Toa. "It's either that or she kills them with her music or through passionate headbanging."

Volin looked back at guitar girl. He suddenly realized that this made him look really bad.

"Uh, okay then. I win, I get to...um...well, you'll be dead, so..."

"Bet's off."

Edited by TX Wade

IC: Trava (Onu-Koro)

Trava had never liked Onu-Wahi. It was all stuffy and tight and dark and claustrophobic, she never felt like she had her full range of movement here underground. She'd only come here because she knew that it was a good place to pick up on news and rumors about the island at large, and she needed to keep an ear out for it, it was simply useful.

But that didn't change the uncomfortable feeling she got as she navigated through big crowds in a massive cave lit by a yellow, artificial light that could never hold (or be) a candle to real sunlight. She missed the sun already.

She stopped for a second. She had to, to collect herself, and as it happened she stopped just in time to see a Matoran rather unfortunately swing open a door in a potentially self-harming fashion.

Another Lesterin was watching. Trava walked up near him and delivered her signature line

"Natives, huh?"

OOC: Hello Hammerlock

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Krayn glided into the military headquarters after Dehkaz, eyes adjusting to the even lower light conditions after a few blinks. The underground was far from what he was used to, particularly inside. Lightstones served to make the area visible for those not blessed with good night vision, but the De-Toa still found the long shadows… Unnerving. The darkness held too many easy places to hide. Inside, even in a place such as secure as this, he felt less than secure. He found himself using sonar to fill in the blanks far too often.

In this case, however, such musings took a back seat to the simple realization that he no longer had the authority to request a look at the Ussalry’s secure files. Rather, he no longer had what little authority he might once have held in that area. Naona and Dehkaz would still have some, but even they would have to try and explain why they needed them.

Perhaps it might work a little better if he asked, as a civilian.

“Do you want to talk them into letting us take a look, or should I?”

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Rannin

"Rannin."

IC:

The pronunciation of the Toa's name, all two syllables of it, was a nice bit of certainty in what was otherwise some very confusing moments for Peho Eniblad, formerly of the ILF. The Toa with white and orange (orange? that's just like me!) had just made a comment about the guitar girl dying first (something which made him very sad, because he liked her and her music). Now, Peho had been taught by his good buddy Ril that death was a very bad thing; and yet, the guitar girl responded cheerfully when The Toa Who Was Also Orange had made his comment about death.

The large Toa scratched the side of his head, figuring that, once again, the intricacies of interaction and psychology were beyond him.

Fortunately, there was a glimmer of hope in this murky situation.

But at least he could still give his name!

"I'm called Peho Eniblad," he announced with a grin, before unsheathing his weapon, raising it to the heavens, then plunging its blade into the earth. The letters carved into its bronze surface glittered in the artificial light and, with just as much cheer as ever, the Toa added, "It says so on my sword. More or less."

IC:

“Do you want to talk them into letting us take a look, or should I?”

IC:

"Krayn."

Of course, Rynekk should have expected the Lieutenant to have joined the hunt in Onu-Koro; after all, Hari was his girlfriend. He should have been more surprised if no one had told him about her disappearance. But, after having heard nothing about him since he rejoined the Fowadi, the Toa had nearly forgotten about the Windrider, assuming that he was safely back in Le-Koro worrying about whatever rowdy party-goers were still causing trouble for the treetop village.

As it was, he was glad that Inzaka was here. He was a good man. He trusted him.

Still....

"Good to see you again, sir," Rynekk continued, remembering his decorum at the last minute and extending his hand to the other soldier. "Sorry it has to be under these circumstances, though."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

“No ‘sir’.” The De-Toa corrected, for the second, but he was sure not the last, time. He shook the other Toa’s hand, gesturing with the other to where his insignia used to be. He’d made the same gesture to Dehkaz and Naona, and though they hadn’t pressed the subject he had seen the look of question. Rynekk might not press it either, but someone eventually would.

“I wish the circumstances were better, too. It is fortunate that I talked to one of the Sentinels back in Po-Koro when I did. I never would have caught up if I left later.”

Edited by Riku Tryon

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

Krayn let go of Rynekk's hand long enough to accept Four's embrace, patting the Ga-Toa on the back. It was good to see them all again. It felt... Like going home should. If it weren't for the circumstances it would have been perfect.

"It's good to see you too, Four."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Krayn was exhausted. He had walked to Po-Koro, and immediately set out for Onu. He had run most of the tunnel, only walking when he couldn't run anymore. He hadn't rested since arriving. He had quit the only constant in his life for years not a day back, and no matter that it was for the best, it took a toll.

And Hari was missing. Nothing would be right until she was found.

So finally, he voiced the most honest answer he could.

"... It's been a long few days."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Kale Ironshaper- Onu-koro- Have You Seen This Missing Hari

IC: "I know I said we should split up to search for them, but now I'm glad I delayed that." came a voice from the back of the group. Kale stood there, a warm smile on his face at the sight of his friends and adopted family.

"Good to see you again Krayn I just wish it took something less than a missing crew member for it to happen."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

Krayn was quiet a moment as Four hugged him again. Judging by the look on her face, she seemed to realize that not all was quite right. He'd have to explain eventually.

"It's good to see that you're all well." The De-Toa looked up when Kale spoke, nodding his head in greeting. He almost gave an informal salute out of habit, but he forced the impulse aside.

"Good to see you too, Kale. We'll find her."

Edited by Riku Tryon

fK5oqYf.jpg

Kale Ironshaper- Onu-koro- Have You Seen This Missing Hari

IC: On second glance, Krayn seemed to not be fairing too well. An opinion reinforced by the way Four was hugging him.

Walking up to the De-Toa Kale placed a hand on his shoulder and spoke.

"Welcome home Krayn."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:Arvas

Seeing the display of the bulky sword being rammed into the dirt reminded Arvas to check his own blade. Unlike most of him and his gear, which only appeared rusty, his blade actually was, although it was still incredibly resilient. Pulling out the flat-tipped blade, which from the side looked like a rectangular structural beam(complete with the square holes!), Arvas weighed it in his hands, rubbing off a bit of loose rust with his thumb before slamming the weapon back into its sheath.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Dehkaz

Dehkaz stood back, or ahead, from the rest of the group, holding a respectful silence as Krayn received some much needed support.  A smile, though by no means large, reached his eyes, complimented by the not-so-unfamiliar-now glow he felt within his chest.  The man had certainly gone through too much as of late, if the noticeable lack of badge was any indication.  Dehkaz gave them a minute longer, just long enough for a sharp undercurrent to seep its way into the warmth.  It wasn't entirely apprehension, not completely.

He stepped forward, and nodded to Kale, Rynekk, and Fourth.  "It's good to see you guys," Dehkaz said in greeting, before continuing with a slightly gentle, if nonetheless pointed, tone, "Come on, we should see what we can find about Roth."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Onepu

He nodded at Sulov as he entered, smiling slightly. His presence was heartening, though he hoped the other Akiri would not feel overwhelmed by the Onu-Koro presence in the room. But at the very least this showed that the village of Earth was serious about this. 

Edited by The Fifth Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC:

"You're absolutely right." Krayn said, carefully releasing Four and disentangling himself from the group he had found himself in. He fell into step behind the other Toa, waiting quietly while Naona spoke with the receptionist.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC:

The following occurs, in response to Trava. Sorry about the delay.

IC: Hammerlock

She's quiet on her feet, this girl is. Lithe, coordinated.

I can feel it in her movements, the way her gait disturbs the earth... or rather, does not. The soft swirl and ripple in the shadow that marks her entrance on the scene, the vague scent of leather and sun and deep jungle... her presence... registers only a split second or two before she speaks, and that is an uncomfortably slight margin of error... just slight enough for a blade between the ribs or an arrow through the spine.

Had she been out for blood, she'd have gotten it. And yours truly would be in a world of hurt.

And so, before I even tilt my skull a mite down and to starboard, letting me analyze her appearance with a careful sidelong glance, I'm curious. And also wryly amused, because that cynical little comment about 'the natives' has broken more ice in my direction than she'll probably ever know.

Half-smiling, I catch her eye... and for some reason I will never know, my first thought is that her gaze is clear and strong and glows almost the exact same shade of light green that forms a secondary element of dryland camouflage.

woah ...

that is

so

hot

"Yes... natives." I respond, and laugh shortly.
"They do tend to keep life interesting, don't they?"

Edited by Shadowhawk
  • Upvote 2

IC: "One minute, please," the debonair man pronounced. Sliding a tablet from his desk, he inscribed something onto it with blinding speed with one hand as his other opened a compartment in the furniture, then slipped the note into it and the stylus back onto the counter. There was a faint sound like wind. He sat straight, hands folded, and regarded his environs patiently.

A short while later, a wind seemed to blow again, and he brought his hands up from beneath the counter with a tablet that was, down to the crab insignia, unmistakably an Ussalry file. Its label clearly included "Roth."

"Will that be all, Lieutenant?," the secretary queried smoothly.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: "Any time, Lieutenant," the Vortixx said graciously, and for a microsecond Naona thought she might have seen a wink flicker on his un-lensed eye, but he dipped his head civilly just as soon.  "Farewell," he added, looking up to resume his military poise.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Naona

"Have a good day," she said with a smile, before moving back towards her assembled group, file obtained.

IC:

"We got the thing? Cool, we got the thing," Rynekk said as Naona approached, file in hand, deciding to wait to hash things out with Krayn about ... whatever had happened with him and the Windriders for another, slightly better time. Or hey! Maybe put it off indefinitely! I'm good at that! "What's it say, ma'am?"

IC: Rannin

"I suppose we should move onto the specifics of what we shall do together," said Rannin, gesturing at the Rahkshi Hunting advertisement.

IC:

Peho's good mood at the guitar girl being impressed by his introduction (he was already making friends!) dimmed only slightly when Rannin started talking about what they were going to be doing. That, too, rather confused the Toa, as he couldn't think of what they would be doing together other than hunting Rahkshi; and that couldn't possibly be that complicated, could it? He had done plenty of that back in Ko-Koro, after all; and even though he'd almost died several times over, it had all ended up okay!

"What do you mean?" he asked, plucking his sword out of the ground as if it was a fork coming out of fresh pancakes, sheathing it quietly. "I thought we were just hunting Rahkshi?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]