BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Yes but by not telling you I would be being dishonest, anyway so where are these prospectors you speak of?

IC: Foreman Darx (NPC)

"Not a bad way to think of it, I suppose. Anyway they're over here" Darx lead the two into a small workshop hewn into the stone, where several Matoran were studying mineral samples or other produce from the mining. Darx found a prospector who was free, gesturing for Luta to walk up to him.

IC: Onepu

Finally, time for a bit of good news, if only a small one. He allowed himself a small half smile. "We've been coiled like a spring since we had the threat of a Piraka attack, and have been ready to snap since we took that Rahkshi in for a while. I daresay we're the most prepared we've been since the Makuta's downfall. Not to mention at full strength, since several of our divisions returned from missions in other wahi."

Yes, as far as military was concerned, Onu-Koro was prepared for just about anything.

IC: Akiri Nuparu (Nuparu's Office)

"Excellent, maintan that state as best you can, Captain," Nuparu replied simply to Onepu, before addressing the whole group again.

"I think we should consider pursuing some sort of operation by proxy now at first. If we could find some mercenaries or n'er-do-wells who could make it inside the Koro, and report back with some in-depth reconaissance, we would have more information to work with"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Minjao

It never ceased to amaze Minjao how stupid some people could be.

"Just announce it to the world, why don't you?" he muttered, a flash of irritation crossing his face. Whatever shred of secrecy this plan once had, it was gone now. What kind of moron shouted at the top of his lungs that he wanted to commit a top-tier felony?

Minjao craned his head to look at Jettix, simple eye contact enough to communicate his message. Everyone in the bar had heard, and most likely people (possibly even guard patrols) right outside the establishment had too. If they stayed, there was nothing stopping an intervention from arising or someone from ratting them out to the authorities for coin.

Maybe they'd even suffer the consequences later due to tighter security at the bank.

"I think," he started, getting up from his chair. "it's time for us to leave, and not by the front door. We should find someplace quieter to discuss this."

IC: Yes but by not telling you I would be being dishonest, anyway so where are these prospectors you speak of?

IC: Foreman Darx (NPC)

"Not a bad way to think of it, I suppose. Anyway they're over here" Darx lead the two into a small workshop hewn into the stone, where several Matoran were studying mineral samples or other produce from the mining. Darx found a prospector who was free, gesturing for Luta to walk up to him.

IC: Oh! Ah Hello prospector, I have something that might not be too common around here *holds out diamond*. 

It's time to move on.

IC: Hammerlock

"Sure, no problem. I've got some shopping of my own to do, top off my loadout and get everything packed. So that puts us on the same schedule."

I glance around the room for a timepiece, and lo! and behold! ...There actually is one there when I need it.

How convenient.

"It's just past time for breakfast, I see... It shouldn't take us more'n twenty hours to find what we need, whatever it is. Don't forget, this first stage is just recon. So don't bother with chains, block and tackle, or sledgehammers."

Another glance at the time.

"So, let's say we'll meet early tomorrow morning? At the north gates? We'll travel overland, set up base camp at Kini-Nui, and work from there."

IC: Trava (Wise Man's Archive)

"It's a deal. I've been there before, for the record, so I know the way, but once inside it's not a place people venture into willingly."

Trava slipped her mask down on her face, delivering Hammerlock a curt nod before she took off.

Had Trava been the kind of girl to keep a diary or journal, she'd have been eating up several volumes worth of paper right now. Instead, she allowed herself to get excited as she drew up a list of what she was going to need.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Korgrax

Korgrax watched as the group started to get up.  A robbery?  In Onu-Koro?  Either these guys are the best of the best, or they are insane, and they don't look like the best.  With a possible spy over there and that loudmouth, they're doomed.  I'll wait for something that won't get me locked up or killed.

IC: Jettix

The sound of the being behind the door announcing their goal to seemingly all of Onu-Koro nearly sent him into shock.

He took a moment to compose himself and agreed with the newcomer's advice.

"First thing's first, though."

He opened the door and yanked the Skakdi on the other side into the room before slamming it shut again.

"You son of a . What the do you want with us?"

• Upvote 3

My eyes track her movements as she leaves. It doesn't take her long, and then once again, I am alone.

As in, completely alone. Just to be sure, I quickly glance around in all directions including directly overhead.

Perfect.

I take the smaller, more compact of the two books we were perusing and slide it into a custom-designed low-profile pouch/pocket thingie on the inside of my armored vest, resting flat against the left front side of my stomach. I pat it once to make sure there's no obvious or even subtle bulge (which there never is, this being slightly loose-fitting, combat body armor and therefore almost laughably easy to hide small objects under), and then
wander out into the main portion of the shop.

E: OOC:

The crossed-out portion of the above, is hereby nulled and voided. It never happened.

At first, and in theory, stealing the book seemed like something Hammerlock might do. But in practice, I just didn't seem to ring quite true to character. Like petty theft was just too, y'know, petty. And after careful consideration and a chat with Geardirector, I decided to backtrack.

So anyhow, yeah. Move along. You never saw nothin'. :P

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC (As Faraki): "I want to join your heist." The skakdi said in a whisper. "It's possible to salvage your plans, even after ruining them by announcing them, which I must apologize for." Faraki had the nerve to smile at Jettix. "My name is Faraki and I'm here to make some money." The black spined creature started to think of how he could increase his chances of being allowed to join the two toa. *Maybe I could kill all the witnesses or come up with more ideas to make the plan work...*

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Minjao

Despite its hush hush tone, the chanting behind Jettix was fervent and insistent.

"Face melt! Face melt! Face melt! Face melt!"

No one would deny Minjao his entertainment.

And he really, really wanted this guy dead.

• Upvote 4

IC: Taranis and Tenjin - Onu-Koro (Shady Bar)

The conjoined Skakdi, thankfull that they were still inside of a back room where nobody out front should have been seeing them (cough, cough, Kograx, cough, cough), returned to their feet and stepped towards the Karz-Head that had just been dragged inside, each training their weapons on him with murderous intent.

"Nice one, idiot," Tenjin growled, a ball of lightning appearing in the palm of his gauntlet. "You just exposed our plans to everyone else in the bar, if not the entire street, and you've seen our faces. We're going to have to kill you, now. Painfully."

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't start vibrating your brain to the point of liquidation, just so I can watch as it begins to pour out every hole you've got in that especially thick skull of yours," Taranis added, for once in complete agreement with his twin.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Jettix

Still holding the skakdi by the collar, he took the opportunity to answer the twins' question for them.

"A few reasons. One - I don't like leaving bodies - more evidence to deal with, and we aren't even in the planning stages yet. Two - I believe you're a Skakdi of Magnetism, yes? Could prove useful. Three..."

He squinted his eyes further, not particularly in scrutinization, but in contemplation.

"... I kind of of admire his enthusiasm. Even if he is an idiot."

The sleeping skakdi in the corner snored even louder.

"Case and point."

IC (As Faraki): "Hey, I'm here to get rich quick, just like you and your teammates. Also, don't think I would want to die without putting up a fight." Faraki replied to the two headed skakdi. He returned his attention to the toa of plasma. *Sucks I can't fight back, but "Provided I'm paired with a skakdi that wants to work together, I could simply lock a few mouths shut to keep the noise down and make them stick together with my powers of magnetism." The black spined skakdi said to Jettix.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Arabeth “Dervish”, Onu-Koro (Ferron’s Forge)

She found the roads slick with squishy mud.  It stunk, and clung to her feet as he struck off through the village of earth.  Arabeth passed the small doorways to underground mansions, their entrances plain and drab and carved from limestone with circular moon-doors, and the hovels of the workers’ district on her way to Ferron’s Forge.  Why Ferron chose to place his business as far from the main bazaar as possible was a mystery to the small berserker.

As she walked, Arabeth couldn’t help shake the feeling she was being watched.  Her gaze flickered to the shadows between light-stone lanterns, seeking an escapement for the mounting tension, but finding nothing more than scurrying ussals and busy matoran.  I’m being paranoid.

A metal bell announced her arrival, as did the tracked mud on the front step.  Its peal was mellow and golden, liked the melted butter on her morning biscuit at the Golden Pickaxe.

“Forgemaster, you in?”

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

"That I am" Ferron replied as he looked up from his work. The glowing lump of metal he was working with at the moment hadn't taken any discernible shape, so it was impossible to tell what it was going to become.

"Ah yes, Dervish" he recognized the Toa of Lightning, "I believe your scimitars are in fact finished, along with your companion's coat"

IC: Oh! Ah Hello prospector, I have something that might not be too common around here *holds out diamond*. 

IC: Prospector (NPC)

Green eyes glinted through a black, Noble Mahiki as the chief prospector accepted the diamond.

"You're right, we don't. Particularly not at this size, we could definitely use this" the prospector replied after a moment of examining it.

"If you'll just wait here we'll go and find out what we can offer you for this"

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Prospector (NPC)

Green eyes glinted through a black, Noble Mahiki as the chief prospector accepted the diamond.

"You're right, we don't. Particularly not at this size, we could definitely use this" the prospector replied after a moment of examining it.

"If you'll just wait here we'll go and find out what we can offer you for this"

IC: Alright, you really hit the jackpot this time Luta!

It's time to move on.

IC: Trava (Bazaar)

In the Bazaar, Trava found something extra to help push aside the unpleasantness she felt about being underground for any length of time...

"With these prices it's a wonder your business still runs. Twenty widgets and no higher"

Haggling

"This is a quality tent, with built-in visual stimulants and the very latest in air-conditioning technolo..."

"If I wanted something loose and pretty I’d be getting it somewhere they provide much better service than you” Trava replied without a shred of sarcasm.

The merchant didn’t quite know how to respond to that, so he reiterated himself.

“I’m not selling this for under fifty widgets”

“Twenty”

“forty-five, that’s my final offer”

“Twenty-five, that’s my final offer, and the customer’s always right. Hand it over please."

“Let go, thief, unhand my merchandise-“

Etc.

Eventually, though, Trava managed to get what she considered a borderline acceptable deal for the tent. She also picked up fresh stocks of all her usual supplies.

As far as she was concerned, this was just like any other job, going out there to kill something she'd later sell. Even if it wasn't, treating it that way made it easier to plan out and become prepared for.

Edited by Geardirector
  • Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC:

Continued from last post; which, by the way, I edited so that Hammerlock didn't actually steal anything.

After a while I'm bored of books. So I exit via the same 'Employees Only' entrance I came in through, and stride through the dirty grimy noisy shadowy streets and alleyways of dirty grimy noisy shadowy Onu-Koro in heroic quest of Useful Items and NPCs.

Or heck, just some random pawn shop. I'm not picky.

OOC:

Open for interaction.

IC: Chief Prospector (NPC)

The Prospector eventually returned, carrying with him the diamond and handing it back to Luta.

"We're prepared to offer you a significant price for that jewel. If you'll follow Captain Darx he can point you to the exchange office"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Chief Prospector (NPC)

The Prospector eventually returned, carrying with him the diamond and handing it back to Luta.

"We're prepared to offer you a significant price for that jewel. If you'll follow Captain Darx he can point you to the exchange office"

IC: *Follows Darx*. 

It's time to move on.

OOC: Tjuran from Ko-Wahi to Onu-Wahi.

IC: Tjuran (Onu-Koro Highway)

Tjuran approached the tunnel slowly, grasping his slightly broken shield tightly. He couldn't walk properly, but managed to reach the mouth of the tunnel. (To guards) "Hail, I seek entry to Onu-Koro. I have escaped from Ko-Koro, and seek help."

"Ah yes, time. What a grand illusion it is to us humans. But *I* know what the true nature of time is. Do you wish to seek knowledge, or remain blind? Decide, my friend, I have all the answers you need."

IC: The Fourth

Rynekk had been gone for a while. Far more than a second, in fact. She hoped that he had not gotten into any major trouble, the Fourth didn't want to worry about another of her friends being in danger or suffering. It would be horrible. Rynekk needed to be safe. And back soon. Naona looked as if she was itching to move.

She banished those thoughts from her mind. Right now, Four could only believe that her friend could take care of himself. There were other issues to deal with.

"Krayn," she said gently, moving to place a hand on the other Toa's shoulder. "Can I talk to you?"

• Upvote 1

OOC: Skyra from Po-Wahi

IC: Skyra 

When I reached the tunnel that led from the desert to the underground city of Onu-koro, it was late in the day. My body was aching for rest, but I pressed on, determined not to stop till I found Naona. The tunnel was rather wide and spacious, and lit with a generous amount of light stones, I didn't have to worry about my...issues with dark, enclosed spaces. 

I found my thoughts drifting to the last time I'd been to Onu-koro, I'd been with Merror and others of our little team. We'd gotten into a fight with some evil ######s, and then I'd been stabbed, thrown into a underground river, washed out to Ga-Wahi, died, and then turned into a girl! 

Yeah... It was probably better not to think about it, I had to stop dwelling in the past, and move on with my life. What was done was done. 

I haven't even thought of Dorian once! ...goddamnit...

After what seemed like an eternity, the tunnel finally came to an end, and the massive cavern that was Onu-koro came into my view, I took in my surroundings, even though I'd graced the village before, it was hard to remember just how massive the place really was. 

Now, to find Naona, I figured if I asked around it wouldn't be too hard to track her down. Here's hoping.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

To say that his current inactivity was driving Krayn insane would be an understatement. He wanted to move, to make progress, keep going until Hari was safe, and then keep going until the evil that had befallen the island was stopped. Waiting in a lobby did not fit into those plans. And the longer he was still the harder it was to fight off his exhaustion, as the effects of his exertion began to overcome his waning inertia.

So absorbed in his thoughts was he that he almost didn't notice the hand on his shoulder.

"Of course, Four. What can I do for you?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

A dry, tired response as the De-Toa ler out a barely perceivable sigh.

"Which earlier do you mean? The part where Hari's missing, the one where Ko-Koro fell, or a third option?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"I did." The De-Toa admitted, leaning against the wall behind him and crossing his arms. Despite his efforts to keep his fatigue hidden, from himself as well, it was catching up with him. Inertia had kept him going, but that had run out and now he was receiving the full effect of his marathon. "I'm not on vacation, either."

"I resigned."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"No. Well, not in the way you think." Krayn paused, trying to decide how best to articulate his feelings. It was complicated, and not something he'd needed to try and explain before. "I don't regret quitting. I... Should have done it sooner. I poured everything I had into keeping Le-Koro safe. Doing my job. My duty became everything. But the more I tried, the less it seemed to matter."

"I screwed up, a long time ago. No one ever really forgot, and I never really managed to fix it. So I worked harder. Watched the people I had graduated from training with get promoted, move up in the world. Watched the people I admired break their pedestals. Years of complete devotion to the Force, complete loyalty to its ideals." He paused a moment, crossing his arms and staring at nothing in particular. When he started speaking again, his voice was a little quieter. "And then I stopped, for the first time in a very long time, and took a look at where it had gotten me."

"My peers hated me. Not all of them even know why. I realized that the village I grew up in wasn't home, and that I was a stranger in my own house. All my work... I respect Commander Daring. She's worked hard, and I always felt terrible for thinking it. But every now and again, I couldn't help but wonder why. Why she can be respected for what she does, wandering the island and spending more time on whatever random quest crosses her path than in the village doing her duty, why she can be promoted, but I can work my whole life and be hated."

"It was time to make a change. Not out of ill will, but because... I couldn't go on like that. If the time comes that Le-Koro is in danger, I will still go to its aid as quickly as I can. But it isn't my home anymore."

"So I went to Force Headquarters, filed my resignation, and left my badge. My old CO will have been notified by now. I went home, and I packed anything worth taking into this bag." The Toa hefted the backpack now carefully placed on the floor next to him, before setting it back down. "And I set out for Po."

"What I regret is that ever since I quit, I see so much that tells me that I'm neglecting my duty. I lack any authority to throw behind the search for Hari. Ko-Koro has fallen, and as much as I feel compelled to act, I have nothing more than my blade and my will." He stopped a moment. Just by scratching the surface he had laid out more of his thoughts than he had intended, but he found he couldn't quite stop.

So quietly, he finished.

"I don't regret quitting. It was a peaceful world when I did. I regret thinking that, in light of all of this... Maybe it was a selfish thing to do."

Edited by Riku Tryon
  • Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: The Fourth

"Maybe it is," she admitted, "but we're all allowed to be selfish sometimes."

Four couldn't possibly have empathized with Krayn's situation. Beyond caring for her sisters, she had never really devoted every inch of herself to a cause like her friend did. She had never suffered the way he had. But she felt for him. She felt for his disappointment, his fatigue, his guilt.

"You're not neglecting this duty of yours at all," continued the Toa of Water, shooting the other being a light, yet warm, smile. "Even though you aren't a guard anymore, you're still trying to be a just man, right?"

"Maybe you might not have access to the resources you once had, but I think ..."

And she believed it utterly.

"I think that you're still doing a good job."

• Like 1

IC:

".. Thanks, Four." The De-Toa said, giving the Toa of Water a small smile. "I appreciate that. In truth, I was coming to Po-Koro because... Well. If there's anywhere on this island that I fit, it's with all of you. Closest thing to a proper home I've got."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Trava (Bazaar)

"This particular brand of fiber-twinned rope is not for use by the faint of heart"

"Won't hold your full weight for long before snapping"

"This tunic's delicate composition produces a very distinctive feel"

"Itches worse than sleeping on poison ivy"

"...and this compass has unrivaled omnidirectional capability"

"so inaccurate you'd be better off going around blind"

Trava sighed as she waved off another merchant before leaving the booth.

Petty, mistrustful, two-timing, exaggerating and irritatingly enthusiastic; merchants like that one reminder her too much of him. Worse, whenever she had to deal with them she actually got use out of recalling all the ways he used to talk up his own products to sell tham at outrageous prices to gullible people.

It was irony of a sort, one of the few things she'd managed to learn from him despite her best efforts helped her spot others like him and deal with them. Maybe there was a lesson in there somewhere, but she'd never stopped to think about it, and didn't feel like starting now.

"He's doesn't matter anymore, I'm in charge now"

OOC: Trava is open for interaction

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Tarkahn (market district)

It was about an hour before I realized the light stone that once lit the open sign on my shop had long since dimmed.

With a sigh, and no small amount of grumbling, I stood, and grabbed a spare lightstone from my stores, chucking the old one in the bin, and replacing it with the new one.

This place was not nearly as grandiose as my shop in Ko-Koro, but perhaps I could sell my wares in both places.

I grinned. Perhaps I could sell my services to Onu-Koro, as well. I wondered how much they would pay an inside man.

The new light stone shone brightly, illuminating the OPEN sign once more, as I went back to my desk and the designs thereupon it.

OOC: open for interaction.