BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Volin

Volin's fingers crinkled at his side. He was getting more and more impatient by the minute, and deeply frustrated by how so many had failed to see the brilliance and epic factor of a base situated by a very active volcano and its glorious molten rivers of death.

"Listen, big guy." he said, tall enough to hook an arm around his shoulders. "Between you and me, you're the de facto leader of this bunch whether you like it or not. You should, though."

"I don't see anyone else stepping up to get this group's ##### together like you are." he continued, jabbing a not so inconspicuous finger at him. "So I say you make the decision. You're smart enough to do that, right? Being the gentle giant of fire that you are, I'm sure you can understand just how awesome it would be to have a fortress on the slopes of the frickin' Mangai, eh?"

He cornered the manchild with an expectant smile.

"Eh?"

IC: Trava (Onu-Koro)

*knock knock knock*

"Umwaaaa..."

"Hey, breakfast time is over in half an hour, so you better hurry up if you want to eat"

Dragging her eyelids up through a combination of sheer will and a groaning stomach, the Lesterin slid out of a very uneven sleep into a very uneven waking state.

"Who does he think he's kidding? The sun hasn't..."

She looked out the motel window through clouded eyes

"Oh... right"

A deep breath of air didn't help either, it felt stuffy and dry, as if it had already been breathed by someone else.

"I gotta... find a pick-me-up..."

Still mostly hobbling around, Trava made it over to the water bowl she'd been provided with for the morning tune-up.

She dunked her head in the bowl.

*ping*

"That'll do it" she said to herself, "at least it'll hold me until I can finish up here and meet up with Hammerlock"

Trava collected her belongings, mainstay gear and newly-purchased supplies included and headed down to the cafeteria to eat.

The food was... passable, though the most memorable part of the exquisitely spartan morning meal turned out to be her deliberations with the waiter on whether or not the bug in her soup constituted a widget more or less.

After paying for her stay, Trava took off towards the meeting point, still fighting off the morning groggines.

"I hate Onu-Koro"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Oceanna Gallywix

"Yes yes! Fire and volcanoes! That's the stuff a rock band is made of!" Enthusiastic as always, she began to play her guitar again.

IC: Skyra

Naturally I nodded back at Krayn.

"I'm not planning on resting anytime soon either, not while she is still out there." I glanced at the group around me. "Doubt any of us will." 

Did I need rest? Probably, but I honestly couldn't have cared less. How could I when one of my friends was missing? 

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Kale Ironshaper- Onu-koro

IC: While Kale disliked leaving a teammate behind like this Rynekk was taking forever with whatever he was doing.

"Do you think we should leave Rynekk a note while we move on? I'm sure he can keep up before we leave the koro."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:Arvas

Arvas crossed his arms and grumbled. As sick as fire and lava was it was also hazardous as karz.

"Hate to say it, but a base sat by rivers of flowing lava is almighty dangerous. If one flow changes its course even a little, and unless one of us can stop a whole superheated pyroclastic flow, we wouldn't be much more than fossil fragments by daybreak. And, believe it or not, I enjoy being more than rock. Somewhere a little less likely to kill us is fine by me." He thought. Devils Advocate was never the best position to play, but often a logical one. He decided to lighten up his argument a bit.

"Lava moats, on the other hand, are sick. And useful."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Gavarm chortled. "'May' bein' th' operative word, ol' sport. This man's got some nifty tricks for keepin' clean." He patted the spotless hilt of his sword. "Anyway, unless y'all wanna stay around fer some oration-cum-philosophy," Gavarm offered jocundly, "I can take it from here."

I table the offer. This development needs to be discussed. The more resources, the better; the more people we can trust, the better.

"Agreed," I second Onepu.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Gavarm chortled. "'May' bein' th' operative word, ol' sport. This man's got some nifty tricks for keepin' clean." He patted the spotless hilt of his sword. "Anyway, unless y'all wanna stay around fer some oration-cum-philosophy," Gavarm offered jocundly, "I can take it from here."

I table the offer. This development needs to be discussed. The more resources, the better; the more people we can trust, the better.

"Agreed," I second Onepu.

IC: Wiremu (Workshop)

"Of course, Gavarm, the Immaculate belongs to you now, after all." Wiremu replied, nodding in agreement.

IC: Akiri Nuparu (Nuparu's Office)

"Alright, I see your point" Nuparu conceded.

"Tell him he can come in now" he told the guard.

The guard returned outside where Tarkahn stood waiting.

"The Akiri will see you now, follow me"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Leli

"I -uh- y'know those Darkwalk tunnels, guess where the boys and I just got back from exploring." Leli rocked back on her heels, discreetly rotating her pack so that it was out of her friend's line of sight. "The outpost that Po-Koro set up at their end got attacked, and, well, something was down there."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Resuming the bank heist quest.

IC (As Faraki): the black skakdi entered the meeting spot and saw the skakdi twins. He stifled a laugh before speaking to Taranis and Tenjin. "Don't worry, Jettix is behind me to keep me in check, I can't do anything else besides obey orders." Said the gunmetal armored skakdi.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Volin opened his mouth, ready to argue until he realized that wasn't such a bad idea.

He suppressed the instinctual urge to bite.

"Y'know what lady, that actually sounds...reasonable. We'll do that." he said, finality in his tone. "Everyone good to go?"

IC: Minjao

Jao deactivated his Volitak, seemingly appearing out of thin air.

At the meeting spot, of course.

"Yo."

IC:Arvas

Arvas grumbled, followed by a long facepalm. If anyone tried to blame him when a torrent of magma melted them, he would run them right through, no questions asked. Or, push them into said magma.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC:

"With all that's going on in the world, I'm going to guess that what it was wasn't easy." The Onu-Matoran commented to his superior, electing, after a moment's thought, not to broach the subject of what had occurred in Onu-Koro while she was gone. Particularly where they concerned his own hospitalization.

IC:

Krayn nodded to Skyra in acknowledgement, and agreement. He didn't comment, however, as Naona sped off to inform Rynekk of their departure. His former Commander was electing not to speak on the elephant in the room, so he would not, either. Only Four, thus far, had; he would address it in time, if the subject came up with the others.

He didn't particularly feel like explaining the reasons for his resignation to her.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Minjao

Jao deactivated his Volitak, seemingly appearing out of thin air.

At the meeting spot, of course.

"Yo."

IC (As Faraki): "As I said, Jettix is keeping me in check." Said the black skakdi as he pulled his white kaukau over his face. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Taranis and Tenjin - Tunnels (Heist Meeting Spot #2)

"Considering how you didn't stumble in here writhing in pain due to having your face melted off, I'd say that was already pretty apparent," Taranis growled, a half-smile painted across his face. "Looks like you owe me some of your cut, Tenjin."

Tenjin simply diverted his eyes elsewhere, mumbling something mostly incoherent as he took a drag from his cigarette. If one was paying close enough attention, however, the words "stupid," "Karz-Head," "Skakdi of Redundancy," and "Plasma Brain" could be heard exiting his mouth, though not necessarily in that order.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Tarkahn:

Well that was a surprise.

I followed him in, idly wondering what had changed the Akiri's mind, or if the previous meeting had simply finished up in the few minutes he'd been waiting.

The guard walked Tarkahn inside, to the scene of two Akiri, the Captain of the Ussalry and the Toa Maru of Earth sitting together debating. The diminuitive Akiri of Onu-Koro looked up as he came in, and nodded cordially.

The guard stepped back, waiting by the door for orders or the need to act, should it arise.

"Tarkahn, was it?" Nuparu asked as he regarded the Onu-Matoran, "I hear you have information about and access to Ko-Koro. I would in fact be very interested to hear you explain that a little further"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Peho - Onu-Koro

The Toa gave two big and enthusiastic thumbs up.

IC: Naona

"He wil be fast enough," said Naona succintly. "And a note is unnecessary. I will alert him myself."

Her mask glowed. A crack resounded as air rushed to fill the spot left by the now-elsewhere Toa of Stone.

IC: Rynekk - Exo-Matoran Storage

Some kind of ... armour, he supposed? More powerful than most, obviously; otherwise, Gavarm wouldn't have thought it something that could turn the tide of the Ko-Koro situation. Its size belied its functionality being aimed towards Matoran, perhaps Turaga. Something to level the playing field between them and the other, taller, more powerful denizens of the island? It seemed the most logical possibility to Rynekk. A new weapon for an old enemy.

But will it be enough?

That, Rynekk couldn't say. He could only hope.

"I have to thank you, Gavarm," the man said, squeezing the colonel's shoulder with one hand. "I never could have imagined what more Onu-Koro could come up with; God willing, this'll bring us a little closer to victory."

Then, a crack in the air, and the appearance of the Lieutenant.

With the swiftness of a well-drilled soldier, Rynekk stood to attention and saluted the newcomer smartly.

"Ma'am."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Ma'am," the Sentinel (off-duty, technically, but still) said, hands now clasped behind his back. "Colonel Gavarm has just briefed me on the situation in Ko-Koro--"

He jerked his head towards the row of suits of armour.

"--as well as a possible countermeasure on the part of Onu-Koro."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Gavarm smiled, somewhat more dignified than when there were merely friends in the room, but yet jovial and proud. "Howdy. I'd prattle on more about th' finer details, and give y'all some innerductions, but I reckon y'all gotta go," he noted wryly, looking up at the female officer respectfully. He turned back to Rynekk.

He was less confident in his speech, especially now that he had to condense it. Yet a Tarnok would inspire others. He would try.

"Jes' know war ain't jes' physical, this ain't jes' firepower; th' suit is th' hard work of its sourcers, builders," he continued, indicating Wiremu, "and pilot, and no comrade-betrayers kin beat that. Later, old sport."

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC - Eutuchia:

Eutuchia - who had, long ago, left Ga-Koro for Onu-Koro - finally made it down into the Village of Earth. Now more of a city, really, as was every Koro on Mata-Nui, bit the name still remained and as such it would be called by that. So, a short while after entering the Koro, he made his way to Nuparu's hut, and knocked on the door.

After all, it was primarily Nuparu he had come to see, to bring greetings and see what was happening so that Hahli would know.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

The skin around Rynekk's eyes crinkled as he smiled down at Gavarm.

"Thanks, Colonel," he said quietly, giving his friend the hint of a nod before turning back to his Lieutenant.

"But, yeah; I've been gone for too long," he said, giving her an apologetic smile. "I've been keeping you folks, and I'm sorry about that, ma'am. We've gotta go find Roth; I can fill you guys in on the situation in Ko on the way."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: [ Hammerlock ] - Onu-Koro

> LOGBOOK_ENTRY #0-002:

An interesting thing happened yesterday.

Her name is Trava, to be specific. Lesterin of Plantlife (?). A tall, athletic young woman; a bit on the rugged side of beautiful, but no less attractive for it. A huntress by trade, but I rather suspect she's an actively rebellious free spirit first and any other vocation secondarily. Most certainly of neutral alignment as regards morality, although she hasn't said as much. Perhaps some tendencies towards light rather than darkness; she's a pleasantly cynical little thing but not particularly nasty

Which is a great pity. I could get to like her, if I felt I could really trust her... but I guess her amazing green eyes make up for it.

I will not record the details of our meeting; they are irrelevant, and in any case I am unlikely to forget them. We met, we talked; less than ten minutes later she soberly elected to join me in a mad quest to trap and slaughter feral Rahkshi in the heart of the Mangaia. I was... startled and rather mildly alarmed.

It's almost like it was meant to happen. Plainly this is the Makuta's handiwork; I would never be so reckless as to attempt such an escapade, with such company (or lack thereof), of my own initiative and volition!

Ha ha ha.

- Hammerlock

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC: Dehkaz

The Commander glanced down at the tablet held within his hand, violet gaze uncertain, flicking across the inscribed characters.  He hadn't joined in on the conversations taking place, barely noted a one Skyra Daring's arrival.  Hari had to be found, none knew better than he did, but their arrival here changed everything.  Ko-Koro.  First seeing the stream of refugees was bad enough, and the facts only painted it into a darker, horrid light.  They'd stood by thinking Makuta was gone, focused on the quarrels between the Koros when they should have been defending against the death throws of a monster.  And now a village was, for all intents and purposes, gone.

Dehkaz directed a steely gaze upward, lines of reason shifting like monolithic shadows behind violaceous eyes.  He had made a choice, and enough pause to consider if it was the best thing to do.

• Upvote 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Trava (Onu-Koro, Tunnel Exit)

Trava had reached the exit to town, leading out into the tunnel network running criss-cross like a web around it, and eventually out into free, open sky and fresh air. She couldn't wait to get back out there and feel it again.

She looked around, Hammerlock wasn't anywhere in the immediate vicinity, but he probably wasn't far away.

"Is this the part where I'm supposed to wait for the dashing(!?) hero to make his entrance into the story, or is this just good old fashioned paranoia at play?" she said out loud.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Skyra

An awkward silence had descended, I dusted off my arm as I tried to figure out what to say. I really didn't want to bring up that Krayn left the force, he clearly didn't want to talk about it, and it wasn't my business. 

I had things I didn't really want to talk about either, like what I'd been doing with Dorian. I wanted to forget that whole thing ever happened. 

"So, Krayn. Sorry about leaving you with my mom and Onuzek back at the ferry. I hope they didn't give you any trouble." My mother would have been more likely too than Onuzek, but I didn't say that.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Well, if the gentle giant gave him a double thumbs up, that was the end of it. No need to stick around any longer and let these egos clash some more.

"Alright then." Volin said, evidently satisfied. "Let's move."

OOC: Rahkshi hunters to...Ta or Kini? I'll let one of you guys do the honours. 

IC - Ilyin:

"Sounds like a grand idea," I said, hoping to get us moving rather than listening to an out-of-tune guitarist who seemed to think that bashing constantly on the treble strings was the best idea for how to play. "Away to Ta-Wahi it is for us - we can stop in the Koro and grab some supplies if needed, and then head off and find a good location to make camp."

OOC: Rahkshi Hunters away to Ta-Wahi Po-Wahi, because Ilyin isn't the best navigator.

Edited by Grochi of Potoos

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

She looked around, Hammerlock wasn't anywhere in the immediate vicinity, but he probably wasn't far away.

"Is this the part where I'm supposed to wait for the dashing(!?) hero to make his entrance into the story, or is this just good old fashioned paranoia at play?" she said out loud.

IC: [ Hammerlock ] - Onu-Koro / Tunnel exit

Right on cue, I come hurtling out of a dark alleyway, hang tight left around the corner of a nearby warehouse, nimbly vault an unattended mining cart at the edge of the street, and skid flamboyantly to a halt right in front of Little Miss Jungle Warrior.

She looks good this morning. Real good. Armed, armored, all geared up for come-what-may. And that's a bea-u-ti-ful sight, take it from fighting man.

"Someone said dashing? Well, darling, for what it's worth... I own the hundred-meter!"

I'm grinning broadly, just as pleased as punch to be on the move again. It's been a long day too many in Onu-Koro, and the wild's calling. I've got some steam to burn off, and maybe she can see it in the way my laughing blue eyes crinkle wickedly at the corners, the way I straighten my (new, to me) Ussalry surplus combat helmet with a piratical flick of my wrist.

I shift my pack more securely against my shoulders, bounce on the heels of my combat boots, and gesture grandly to the long dark tunnel curving away before us. Over a mile of straightaway, and uphill... but with the forest and the sky and the clear hot sun at the end of it.

"Wanna race?"

"You read my mind, Hammerlock" Trava replied, shaking off another fit of grogginess as she felt the spring her legs were building up.

"One," she began, "two... three"

And she was off, with Hammerlock right behind.

"Let's see who wants to get out of here the most"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Trava's fast, and she runs easy, like a predator. Like she knows what she's doing. Lithe, coordinated... her form impeccable, her movements graceful but strong...

wow...

All of a sudden I realize I'm being left behind, parked motionless in the street with a sort of absent-minded half-smile drifting across my face. Just standing there. Staring.

Like an intoxicated fool.

My eyes narrow instantly to slits, and my muscles coil and release in a single driving surge of raw power and dirt spatters on the soles of my boots and I'm moving.

She's fast. I'll have to work a bit to catch her.

But no matter how fast she turns out to be, I'll always be exactly four strides behind and running smooth. I'm a Vo-Lesterin, military fit and in my prime, born of lightning and the crackle of speed. My kind, we were built mobile, supercharged with elemental energy to the point that nothing short of a Kanohi Kakama can break our records. We've got the edge when it comes to brute velocity. And we'll always have it.

I could beat her. But of course I'm not going to. Call me old school, but this is one race she's going to win, whether she likes it or not or even realizes why.

Because bad guys got style too, and that's just the way it's done.

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC - Eutuchia:

Eutuchia - who had, long ago, left Ga-Koro for Onu-Koro - finally made it down into the Village of Earth. Now more of a city, really, as was every Koro on Mata-Nui, bit the name still remained and as such it would be called by that. So, a short while after entering the Koro, he made his way to Nuparu's hut, and knocked on the door.

After all, it was primarily Nuparu he had come to see, to bring greetings and see what was happening so that Hahli would know.

IC Tarkahn:

I smiled wanly, the smile of a practiced businessman. 

"I'm sure you would. Tell me, Nuparu, what information do you already have? I'd prefer not to waste your time or mine prattling on about matters you already know."

"An understandable sentiment. I'll provide the bare minimu..." Nuparu was cut off by the guard stepping forth again.

"Akiri, Eutuchia is here on behalf of Akiri Hahli, and requests admittance"

Nuparu sighed. He contemplated briefly (again) whether or not he was cut out for this. Maybe he was too occupied with contemplating over doing, he'd have to think that over...

"Very well, send him in"

I could beat her. But of course I'm not going to. Call me old school, but this is one race she's going to win, whether she likes it or not or even realizes why.

Because bad guys got style too, and that's just the way it's done.

IC: Trava (Onu-Wahi Tunnels)

Hammerlock being hot on her tail hardly even registered in Trava's periphery as she kept pace ahead of him. Her goal was ahead, no looking back.

Shadows and the sterile glow of lightstones intermingled, etching the environments in sharp relief before fading away. Ever upward they went, trails of wind blew the outside air into the tunnels, egging Trava onward as she made way to the exit.

There it was, the daylight, the blue sky, the clouds. Trava made a final dash forward out of the cave, and stopped with an uneven slide on the sandy ground. She drew a deep breath, taking in the view of the trees in the near distance.

"Aaaah, it's good to be back"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: [ Hammerlock ] - Onu-Wahi

"Yeah."

I jog to a halt and exhale sharply, inhale slowly, sifting fresh oxygen into my bloodstream. Nothing like a brisk morning run to get the systems back in order.

Turning slightly in place, I squint against the sunlight and survey the scraggly grass and brush of our immediate surroundings, then the forested hills and ridges beyond, and beyond that the snowy foothills of Mount Ihu. And high and far across this brooding vastness, in the distant jungle at the edge of the clouds, is the lone and ancient Kini-Nui. The Great Temple. Home of the Amaja Circle, the Suva Kaita... and the central gateway to the Tunnels of the Dark Lord.

I pull out my iStone and boot up the map/compass application. The graphics are crude and the data set is still far from complete; this is new technology and much of the island's surface has never been thoroughly charted anyway, let alone converted to non-parchment format; but it makes up for it in convenience. And cool factor.

"Um um mum... let's see here... where even is this temple thingie? Somewhere along the north border of Le-Wahi?"