BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Syvra

Syvra shrugged faintly at the question

"We didn't exactly have an arrangement. I was to deliver the antidote to Demos here, curing the poison that courses through his veins even as he speak. There was no discussion of payment. However I certainly don't work for free." he explains with a certain gleam to his eyes "Your people are suppose to be excellent inventors. My payment shall be," and he stated the last part very clearly, leaving no room for discussion "A new prosthetic foot. My current one was just a temporary bit till I could afford a high quality, and to be frank it almost cost me my life during the battle in Blackrock." he said, gesturing to the hunk of junk that currently occupied the place his left foot should be. "I think this is truly a humble fee when I could be asking for money or weapons."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Onepu

The Captain of the Ussalry exhaled slowly, then straightened up. "I just have one question." He turned to face Nuparu and folded one ankle over the other. "If we're unable to work out a way to save the hostages, what choice would you make? Wiping out Makuta worship, or preserving their lives?"

IC: Akiri Nuparu (Nuparu's Office)

"Honestly, I don't know yet, but I will have an answer very soon" Nuparu replied, a little fast.

Nuparu had actually given a lot of thought to this matter, but he hadn't arrived at an answer yet, and he suspected he never would. He didn't want Onepu to know that; two people worrying about an unanswered question was too inefficient.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC:

Hammerlock and Trava continued from what I'm 99% certain was their last post...

IC:

Hey-heyyyy now look at that. I'm lovin' that smile, one hundred percent!

Fact is, I'm so engrossed in the immediate happy memory of it that as soon as I start running after her I'm not looking where I'm going and I skid a little on a patch of mud and nearly trip on a protruding tree root and it I'm not paying attention I gotta STOP THIS NOW.

I recover myself with ease, of course. But not quite without breaking stride, just a little. An awkward jolt to one side, a quick countering shift of my hips and shoulders.

She doesn't notice... I hope.

I splash mental cold water on my brain and try it again, and this time I settle down into a fast trail gait, steady and efficient and surefooted. And thus we travel, Trava and I, light of foot and silent of passage into the cool forest twilight.

Great Spirit, that girl can leafsprint...

*almost trips*

*swift recovery*

IC: Random Ussalmatoran

He smiled at that. A simple request, and easily met. "Very well, a most reasonable price. The process of creating it will not be quick, I warn you, but I guarantee it is within our engineers' capabilities.

"I'm giving your engineers two weeks. That should be more than enough time." He says somewhat sternly "Now I suppose onto the next matter, of delivering the antidote?" he looks around the small room "I'd suggest for this somewhere we can actually sit. I can't be certain how his body will react to the antidote since on the rare occasion there are... complications. Not to mention we should remove his kanohi first for as soon as the antidote is delivered he will have no reason to cooperate since his life will no longer be at risk."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Ussalman

"Two weeks should be enough. Bear in mind, the engineers will need to study your remaining foot and your leg in order to provide the best fit." With that said, he stood up. "Will the infirmary do?"

He nodded. "Good. We may need it." He rose from his seat. "I have no political power, so the decision isn't mine, but if it helps you arrive at a conclusion, know that I would choose the freedom of the many over the lives of the few." With that, he turned to leave Nuparu to his duties, and to return to his own.

His duty, as he saw it, was first to Onu-Koro. Second to the island. And third, to the Great Spirit. Makuta threatened all three. His stance was clear, and if the blame for the loss of hostages ever fell on him, he would bear the stain on his conscience as a necessary sacrifice for the greater good of all. If he was honest, he could hardly care less what god the people decided to worship. Mata Nui, Makuta, Artakha, Karzahni, even Akreian. Freedom of religion was an ideal he wished to offer to the people.

But when people used their god's name as a reason to break the law- be it the written law or the immutable laws of life- and to threaten those whose duty to protect was his, then he would no longer stand for it. And Makuta worship had made it clear that a necessary evil must sometimes be committed to stop a dangerous good.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Syvra made a dismissive gesture as he already turned towards the door

"I wouldn't expect it otherwise. If they didn't take proper measurements I would question their ability as engineers. Now grab a proper guard, just as caution with Demos. He is a killer afterall."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

OOC:

Hammerlock and Trava continued from what I'm 99% certain was their last post...

IC:

I splash mental cold water on my brain and try it again, and this time I settle down into a fast trail gait, steady and efficient and surefooted. And thus we travel, Trava and I, light of foot and silent of passage into the cool forest twilight.

Great Spirit, that girl can leafsprint...

*almost trips*

*swift recovery*

###### ###### ######.

IC: Trava (Onu/Kini Passage)

Trava kept pace forward, using her mask to help her catch the best branches for swinging from, striding across and weaving around. Leaves brushed against her where she dashed past, leaving a brief trail of wind that kept the leaves rustling for a moment after she passed.

Tongue in cheek, she kicked off from a branch and reached for a thick one hanging in front of her. Her hands clasped around it, and in a jolt of adrenaline, she held tight with one arm, and let go with the other to swing around and peer back at Hammerlock, whom she'd noticed was lagging behind a little bit.

But there he was, closing in rapidly, powerful chest breathing methodically, carefully, making sure every breath of air counted. His killer eyes peered forward and caught her own.

Usually, she would've made a very deliberate wink in return, but right now she felt happy just giving an approving nod, before she swung back into momentum and turned to dash forward again.

"You keep treading that fine line, girl, and you'll fall off the fence soon" a voice in her head said.

"I know, I know, but that's what I always do" she replied matter-of-factly.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

NPC: Terenor Alinkon, Ihu-Koronan Lieutenant

The Lieutenant snapped awake, his Kakama-masked face turning upward at the sound of the door opening. It seemed like he'd been waiting for years, but Onepu was finally free.

"Sir, excuse me!" He said, sprinting up to the Onu-Matoran. "I must speak with you."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

Now, see, when you and a girl are traveling together and she's in front and she makes a point of turning to see where you are, that means--  or rather might mean--

Actually it probably doesn't mean anything except she just wants to keep track of her surroundings.

But okay okay by now I'm sure you get it. I actually truly like Trava, which is more than I can say for anybody else I've met on this island. I think she's uncommonly attractive, physically and psychologically (based on what I know of her, which to be honest is little more than the basics). And just like any other red-blooded male would, I spend more of my time than I ought to thinking about her.

End. Of. Subject.

Night comes swiftly in the timberlands, and it's downright dark by the time we make up and through and over the broken rock ridges that form a natural barrier around the Kini-Nui basin.

I'm actively alert now, my night vision fully adapted, searching for any trace indication of nearby sentient activity. A faint whiff of woodsmoke, fresh tracks on a game trail, things like that. I still can't exactly see the Kini-Nui temple complex itself due to the trees, but it can't be far.

OOC:

Hammerlock and Trava moving to Kini-Nui topic... feel free to make your next post in said topic, Geardirector. :)

E: Geardirector has posted said post. For the convenience of the fan base (lolz) and my own picky self, I am permalinking the link.

Edited by Shadowhawk

He stopped and turned to Terenor. He didn't know this one. His first thought was refugee, but he would have to be an important one if he was referred directly to the Ussalry Captain. "Yes?"

IC: Random Matoran

He nodded and got up. "Of course, best not to waste time." He opened the door and waved at someone. A guard matoran came by and they exchanged a couple of words before switching places. The guard stayed for another minute before the Toa and the first Matoran arrived.

BZPRPG Profiles

Syvra glanced down at the guard as he took the place of the clerk. He found it amazing how resilient matoran were, that they were competent enough to form most of their militaries out of them. But then again Syvra knew best how looks could be deceiving. A rose could hide a deadly poison behind it's beauty. 

He reached into his satchel and removed a vial, filled with a bluish-purple liquid. While it certainly contained the Antidote to Demos' little problem, it also had something... extra.

"I'd suggest removing his mask before I administer the antidote, along with any possible weapons." he advised to the guard as Demos and the Clerk returned.

Edited by Vox of Vinheim

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

"You're welcome." The Onu-Matoran replied, almost as quiet, as he mulled the situation over in his head. A half smile crossed his face a moment later, the first he'd allowed himself in a while. "You came back at an interesting time. Missed some interesting things, too, but it sounds like you had a worse kind of interesting."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Leli

She pulled back, enough to give herself some room, though was unwilling to let go of the Onu-matoran.  The realization came as a shock, though the impact was still numb.  It wasn't like her to be so self-absorbed, she'd barely notice.  Tarnok didn't seem to mind, not like he ever had, but he had still followed her without question.  

"I didn't even... sorry.  Kinda selfish of me, huh," Leli trailed off with a faltering exhalation, not quite a laugh.  "Are you okay Tarnok?  What's been happening?  What do you mean interesting?"  

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"It's a couple of different stories. Nothing to worry about. Only thing that might be important for you to know, setting aside the things you missed, is that Nuparu's rolling out some of his new toys." The Onu-Matoran settled a little more comfortably into his chair, setting aside the summaries Leli probably didn't want to hear in favor of the news. "Not like anything I've ever seen, but they're... Impressive."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Large mechanical armors, Exo-Matoran is what they're calling them. They built them out of old Rahkshi parts." Tarnok indicated a length about the same as a Toa's height, and then a wide area. "About as tall as a Toa, but bulkier. I was issued one. Haven't had time to report in to retrieve it. I've been a little preoccupied."

fK5oqYf.jpg

He stopped and turned to Terenor. He didn't know this one. His first thought was refugee, but he would have to be an important one if he was referred directly to the Ussalry Captain. "Yes?"

IC: Random Matoran

He nodded and got up. "Of course, best not to waste time." He opened the door and waved at someone. A guard matoran came by and they exchanged a couple of words before switching places. The guard stayed for another minute before the Toa and the first Matoran arrived.

NPC:

"Lieutenant Terenor Alinkon of the Ihu-Koronan Highlanders, sir. I've been sent by Ahka Tamara with all powers necessary to forge an alliance with your city and discuss the problem of Ko-Koro."

The Ko-Toa smiled uneasily. "Being as we are, somewhat cut off from the rest of the island by it... We feel its fall particularly acutely."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

Onepu nodded, unable to smile for the seriousness of the situation. "I understand. I'm open to discussion now, is there somewhere in particular you'd like to speak?"

IC: Demos

He didn't tense up when the Toa took his mask as he thought he would. This mask wasn't his, just a temporary stand-in. Without his illusions he was nobody, let them do what they would with him. He sat obediently as they restrained his limbs, his body gradually growing heavier.

"All is ready," the Toa said.

BZPRPG Profiles