BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Kultax

Still trying to reach my sword, I realize it's not even on my back.... but flung even farther from the others than I was. Instead I grab my Bamboo Disk and smash it into my opponent's head with all my might, which isn't much considering that I'm being held down.

Close your eyes, whoever you are.

Mask on, full power. But, at the same time a spear comes down into my armor, and it hurts terribly, infused with some kind of power. I can barely bring myself to pull my head up again to blind my opponent. They topple back off of me, holding their hands to their head. And I see the colors.. the mask...

What?

IC: Betrii

So, he had learned a thing or two. Too bad he hadn't learned back then. Maybe some of them would still be alive.

But it was too late. I would do the same to him now.

My spear charges in my hand, and I get up and turn to the others. They, at least, seem ready to deal with a threat. Especially the one with the bow. Shield up, I run at him with my spear.

IC(Kohini): I had no clue what powers this assailant had, but I clearly had to deal with them. I also had to keep Biotron and Ayna safe if I wanted to avoid explaining how they died on my watch. This attackers too close for me to use my bow, and the shield would block the arrows anyway.

I teleport to the top of a hut some distance behind this Toa, and fire off an arrow at her exposed back.

OOC: Wonder how long until law enforcement turns up?

Edited by The Invisible Noob

What? How did he-

Something stabs into my back. Shooting, burning pain. I'm starting to feel dizzy. But it will take more than one. I turn around, and see the bow-wielder on top of a hut.

So, you like to play games? I do too.

I activate my Volitak and begin sneaking towards the hut.

I thought she was dead...

No. No time for this. I have to get the sword.

Edited by Terrorsaur

IC(Kohini): I silently cursed as the Toa endured the arrow, things became worse when she suddenly became hard to see, almost invisible as she disappeared behind something. She had to be approaching me but I doubted I can spot her before she makes it to my position. I could teleport again but I'd likely completely lose track of her. But what if I stay put? She seems to be only partially invisible. The hut I'm on top of is relatively well lit and she cant hide anywhere if she climbs up to me.

I sling my bow round my back and pull out my hunting knife. She had to attack from behind so I just have to keep my guard up.

This one is smart. I can't sneak up on him. So,

A bolt of electricity fires from my spear, headed towards the one on the roof, who now has a knife it seems.

Electricity can now go on the list of things I hate.

If only I had been lying to Kohini about my powers. They really were useless down here.

I manage to get to my feet as a bolt fires from Betrii's shrouded position. I turn my mask towards her, her shadow now clearly visible. Hopefully that will be enough for Kohini.

It seems she doesn't notice yet. I keep my head turned towards her while backing away towards my sword.

IC(Kohini):The electricity strikes me in full force, causing me to spazm and drop my knife. AS I pull myself together, I notice that Kultax is awake and casting a shadow on this assailant with his mask. I consider my options. This was a vital opportunity, I need to act now before she notices she's been seen.

I could teleport. If I do that she'll know to turn around and might spot her shadow.

I could shoot her with my bow. She'll just see me looking at her, know she's been spotted and raise her shield.

I had to end this fast ... it was risky but I knew how. A trick-shot. I pulled out my bow and an arrow tipped in non lethal but burning poison. Acting like I had 'spotted' her in the wrong area, I fired off the arrow at a rock behind the electrical Toa. Rebounding off the rock, the arrow flew towards the not so hidden Toa's back.

Maybe he's not as smart as I thought. Obviously I cast a bit of a shadow, but he couldn't even find it.

The arrow in my back was acting up again... no! This was much worse. Unbearably worse.

I fall to my knees....

Kultax is up again,,,,

Darkness..

Betrii is down before I even get to my sword. Kohini really knows what he's doing. I retrieve the weapon anyways, and then deactivate my mask. Left hand clutching my chest, I stow the sword back in its sheath and then look around.

Ayna and Biotron are okay, standing off to one side.

Kohini is still on the roof. Betrii is unconscious, or dead on the ground.

I breathe a sigh of relief, and go lean against the hut Kohini is on.

IC(Kohini):As the mystery toa collapsed I considered how close this fight was to going the other way if Kultax didn't help. I had to be stronger, reliance like that was  a sign of weakness. These Toa were powerful though. As Kultax made his way to me I slid down the huts side, keeping an eye on the fallen toa.

As usual I found myself asking more questions.

"What was that?"

I gesture towards the seemingly unconscious figure.

"That was Betrii. She was an old ally of mine. That's another long story."

I offer my hand for Kohini to shake.

Just then, Ayna rushes over.

"A-are you OK?!"

"I should be fine. I'm just glad everyone else is in one piece."

I remove my left hand from my chest, revealing a large black scorch mark.

IC: Biotron

Biotron moves his head looking both directions saying

"Is she gone?"

"Who knew i would survive by not moving and staying put while that Vohlitak attacker was loose"

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the Matoran Universe

IC(Kohini): "Well it's a good thing your old team mate couldn't endure the pain, things could have turned worse if she had managed to stay up"

Kohini muttered as he noticed the lesser burn marks on his own armour. Nothing like what Kultax was suffering through though.

"I suppose you'll want to put her down, Kultax?"

"She's not an animal. And we don't know why she attacked. Maybe it would be best to just leave her there for the Onu-Matoran to rescue."

If it really had been just some crazed attacker, maybe I would have let Kohini have his way. But she was an old teammate. A team I thought had been wiped out completely.

IC(Kohini):Even though if didn't want to kill his friend, Kultax's reaction still felt downright careless.

"Let her live if you want to, but  don't be so foolish as to just leave her for someone to find, she's our only source of information on why you were attacked, she could be working on somebody's behalf, or as part of a group."

I paused for a moment to pick up and sheath my knife.

"and if we just leave her who knows what happens when she wakes up, she could claim we struck first and rally a group against us, or she could track us down prepared for anything we have"

I sigh quietly.

"Fair enough. We can try and talk with her."

I grab her shield, and the spear, which still has flecks of my green armor on it.

"Don't want her with these when she wakes up."

Then, I pull Betrii upright, and lean her against the hut sideways, so as to not drive the arrows in any further.

OOC: assuming she's going to stay unconscious for a while, I say we do a minor time skip so Kohini can have his shopping adventure's.

IC(Kohini): I take a moment to memorize the area. "The poison takes a while to wear off , I reckon she'll be out for while, I'm going to go locate a market to sell my stuff"

I say "So unless anyone needs me right now I'll be back  in 30 minutes"

OOC: that feeling when you realize you spelled your characters name wrong for several posts

IC(Konihi): Selling items is ridiculously hard with no clue what they were worth in the local currency. However nobody in Kultax's group was going to be worth any use in this regard, Biotron was mad, Ayna distrusted him and Kultax himself was way too giving with his money to be considered wise in money matters. Still I knew the currency was widgets now, and I could check the market for similar items to what I had, difficult though it may be in this underground village of Onu Koro. I did find caravans of merchants from other villages, peddling their wares.in their own ways.

It was i selling to these merchants that I used my natural ability to loom to it's fullest. An ability refined from years at my homeland, where I had a notable height advantage over most others. Against a Matoran I was imposingly tall, yet seemingly not intentionally imposing. Still it was enough to get me a light stone and a better telescope, with some widgets to spare. The gadgets available were tempting, but I decided against them. They were too complicated and delicate for my tastes.

With my pack considerably lighter, I decided to return to the others. With thought I instantly teleported back to Kultax's group just in time to hear the shield clang as it hit Biotron.

OOC:Gonna be away for  a few days, so I'm moving Konihi to the background till then.

IC(Konihi): I nodded my head in response, surprised that Ayna still held distrust of me after I saved Kultax's life. Maybe she didn't like something I did during the fight. I needed to talk with her later. For now though I just stood at the back, whatever was going on was between Kultax and his assailant, I had no need to involve myself further in the interrogation.

IC: Azureus

Azi walked through the tunnel, Kanonu at his side, with Wasuka and Ranir ahead.

"So, earlier you said that there were Toa before me. Are there any Toa Teams on the island now? What happened to all the other Toa?" He asked Kanonu.

Link to how Azi looks(UPDATED): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Hh1oWv0PcbLWVKdnpaT1hZeFk/view?usp=drivesdk

Also, because THEMESONG:

IC: Kanonu

"Various things. Some of them became Turaga, unfortunately some very short-lived. There are many Toa, solo and in teams. We'll surely find others like you here. Say... Is there someone you're looking for, Azi?"

The tunnel was long and dark. Kanonu took out a lightstone from her bag and held it up to light up the way.

IC:Wasuka

Wasuka, meanwhile, had rather quickly gained a tense air around her as they descended into the tunnels, only easing a little when she yanked the strange glowing crystal from one of the wall mounts, detached her spear head and managed to wedge the crystal into the slot.

Somehow, she had missed the desert behind her when she arrived.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Azureus

"Sular. He's a former member of the Toa Tokawa, a team I used to run with. One day he just up and vanished. Man, I wish I could show you them in action. That moonshine I have is actually belonged to Aroran, a big black and purple hulk of a Ba-Toa. He gave it to me. And when I say gave, I really mean threw at."

Edited by Toa Azureus

Link to how Azi looks(UPDATED): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Hh1oWv0PcbLWVKdnpaT1hZeFk/view?usp=drivesdk

Also, because THEMESONG:

IC: (Ranir)

An underground cave system. Interesting.
As they moved through the tunnels Ranir stuck close to Wasuka, taking a note from her and ripping a lightstone from a wall. Up ahead, Kanonu and Azureus discussed his former teammates.
​"He threw it at you," she interjected, "did you make him mad or something?"

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)