BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Rungui

"Can't say I have, they're a bit of a rarity here." I say, almost as if stating a fact. "Then again, I've got bigger priorities than keeping an eye out for the ladies. Like surviving Demtof."

I continue to stab my fork into the hay, prodding for any more pieces of dung. Picturing the piles as my sadistic superior helps (it's the only thing keeping me going, really) and I find myself stabbing them with unnecessary vigor at times.

"Man's training is suicidal. It wouldn't surprise me if he lives off of our misery or tears or something. You ask me, he's the 'Venge in the flesh."

I move onto the next pile, and dig out a rock or what could pass for one. The stuff looks old enough to be an antique, so much that it might as well pass as furniture or some dumb crab's prized trophy.

Hehe, mine now, sucker...

"So Dally," I begin, stuffing my newfound collectible into a pocket. "What are you in for?"

IC Kirgan, Hile and Teede

(Onu-Koro, Great Mine, Secret lab):

"There has to be a really good reason before we let you kick him in the face", Kirgan said. "He's too valuable to be injured at this point."

Teede woke up as the mask was placed on his face. "Woah, what..."

He looked up to see that Kirgan, Hile and Xaron had joined Shadd.

"Thank goodness you came, Shadd almost killed me."

"Oh yeah, we're so buying that", Hile said with a roll of his eyes.

"Darn", Teede said lamely.

"We're gonna get some answers from you", Kirgan said. "Starting with why you killed your companions in those statis tubes."

"I would never do such a thing", came Teede's reply. "It just... happened."

"Through your tampering with the tubes", Hile mumbled.

"I'm not telling you anything", Teede said defiantly.

OOC: I'm sorry for the wait. This should hopefully tide us over until I get the Ra'lhen post written up. Douglas, feel free to introduce your character at any time if you still want to join the group.

IC: Wokapu -- Onu-Koro Marketplace

"Awesome. Thanks, Seria," Wokapu said, gladly taking the berries. With Stannis and Ra'lhen having ventured off elsewhere into the market (Wokapu wasn't interested enough to eavesdrop on their conversation) he and Seria continued to pass by throngs of barterers and tourists by themselves. "Honestly, I'm not sure there's anything we really need, but who knows? Ra'lhen looked like he dashed into the markets, looking for something with Stannis. I'm wondering what caught his eye"

He looked back at the south entrance to the marketplace. The entrance sported large wooden posts with ebony and purple cloth draping them, giving the entrance a very regal feel. Wokapu could do regal. That entrance might make a good meeting place, but first, Wokapu wanted to tour the tools and shields area of the marketplace. Wokapu could not resist window-shopping for the latest and greatest weapons, even though he would never consider ever selling his own trusty goldenrod katanas. They were as much a part of him as Ra'lhen's Proto-Knuckles were to his fists, or Seria's axes (or so Wokapu assumed).

"You know, I have a sister who carries dual axes as well," Wokapu said to Seria as they headed towards the west end of the marketplace, "She really loves them, especially since they give her some of the most envied arms on Mata Nui. Or so she claims"

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC:

"So, definitely the part where I kick you in the face. Gotcha." I smiled at the Matoran.

What the karz is he talking about, Xaron?

No idea, brain.

Good to know we're on the same page.

I do not know what he is speaking of, either.

Oh, you've been quiet for some time now, you dumb slug. I'm not that happy to hear you.

And then some unpleasant pictures rushed through Xaron's mind.

Alright, alright. Jeeze, he woke up on the wrong side of my back today.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Seria (Marketplace)

"Oh really," She said enthusiastically, taking out one of her axes.

The blade and shaft was all metal. It had a rubber grip at the end of the shaft so the axe wouldn't fly off if it slipped her. The blade had a 5-10* angle at the bottom ends of it, giving it the appeal of a climbing weapon. It had several holes punched strategically to make the blade less heavier than it was. Running down the middle, was a small break between the blade. Giving it the look of two blades.

"Do I know her?" She asked feeling a bit of excitement but more curious.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

"They are not far from here. They will come and they will change this world. I don't know what or who they are, but I know they will play a role in our future... why do you think I time travelled here?"

IC:

"Eh, you know how it is," I said, absently poking at the remaining piles and sporadically checking behind me for signs of approaching back-up. "Your super walks in, says 'Who wants to help out the Force, tomorrow?', and holds out some straws for the taking. Long story short."

I chuckled, "Apparently Lady Luck was hacked off at me for something last night--"

"Oy, Stratos! Pink-eye! You ######s finished up the job for us?" came the boisterous and ultimately futile battle-cry of the next shift.

I glanced over at Rungui, a smirk playing on my features, "Hm, guess Luck's changed her mind about me. You wanna get outta here, mate?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Actually, this gig's kinda grown on me." I muse, eyes drifting towards the piles of hay in a stare of ultimate longing. "The smell, the exercise, the sense of contribution...maybe scooping crab dung's been my calling all this time."

My straight face barely lasts two seconds. I throw my fork aside.

"To Karz with that. Let's hit the cafeteria, I'm starving." I say, already walking.

As per usual, the cafeteria's bustling with activity and sure enough, I draw the attention of several shrimps crowding this place. As we walk past, a few of them scrunch up their faces, gag and the really unlucky ones start choking on their food.

We smell like #####. Literally. It's on our skin, on our clothes, in our mouths, everywhere. Note to self: showers first.

People keep their distance while I go get my food, even the kitchen workers, and when that's done and over with, I sit at an empty table, awkwardly waiting for Dally. I look down at my tray, though I quickly lose my appetite the moment I see this brown purée that looks an awful lot like the stuff I'd been scooping up just a few minutes ago.

"Doesn't get much worse than this..."

IC:

"Oy, Rungui!"

Whether it was between my credentials as a well-respected soldier (heh), my roguish good looks and devilish charm (plausible), or the stench of the discarded nutrient material of Ussal crabs being fed a high-protein diet that clung to my boots and body armour (maaaaaybe), the crowds parted as I headed for the cafeteria. To be perfectly honest, the smell was starting to get to me too, and I was just about to make a beeline for the showers when, what caught my eye?

The Doc. Down in the cafeteria. And it looks like--

"You haven't even showered yet?" I said as I approached his table, my mask a visage of unspeakable incredulity. "Ain't you supposed to be some sorta doctor or somethin'? I figured you'd be the first person to ... y'know, sanitary stuff ... aw, Karz, never mind anymore," I rubbed my brow awkwardly. "Don't mean to tell you what to do, but I think we oughta off and wash up..."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Everything Dally says made perfect sense. I continue to sit, humiliation tearing down what little dignity and pride I have left and I genuinely feel stupid. My mind automatically comes up with ways to rationalize myself out of this mess, though deep down inside, I know that whatever that comes out of my mouth will drive me even deeper into the hole I've dug for myself.

Still, I roll with it anyway.

"Did you know that eating before showering helps your digestive system retain nutrients even more than usual?"

I know, it's a load of bull, but hey, maybe there's a chance Dally's just another uneducated caveman who'll bite at whatever a doctor has to say.

Now it's just a matter of creating a scientific explanation if he calls my bluff.

Edited by TX Wade

Teede grunted. "Of course not. I merely wish to help them get here."

"Why do you wish that?" Kirgan asked curiously.

Teede turned to look at the other Onu-Matoran. "Because they are superior to us. It is my duty."

IC:

My eye twitched.

"I was crazy long before this stupid slug attached itself to my back. I have always ben called crazy. And I've had enough of this."

I kicked Teede's face, fed up with the Matoran's roundabout answers, and off at that insult.

"Now then, unless you want another kick to the face, I would think twice about speaking to me like that."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Kirgan gave Xaron a look of annoyance, but didn't do anything to stop him or help Teede up. Much the same applied to Hile, though the Ko-Matoran seemed satisfied in some way by the kick that had been landed.

Teede shouted angrily "This is why they are superior to us! They'd never attack each other!"

OOC: Ankarya and Dia arriving from Ta-Wahi

IC: Ankarya & Dia

Ankarya held a lightstone in one hand, and her mining pick in the other. The tunnels could be dangerous, especially this deep.

After having passed through the village of earth; Onu-Koro, Ankarya, carrying Dia, walked into the mines, but while in the village, they had stopped at a local tradesman to get some supplies, such as rope and food, in case of emergency.

The duo was now deep within the tunnels, and on Ankarya's back, Dia held her disk launcher, ready in case anyone... or anything, came out of those tunnels.

"I only know they will come from afar", Teede replied. His sharp tone had changed into that of fascination and awe at his own words. "Me and my colleagues were told about that long ago, but few became interested in that... rather, they grew interested in time travel. It was their passion to create the time machine, not mine... but I figured I might as well aid them, because the Arrival wouldn't happen for a long time. Now I am closer to that time period... I can finally summon them."

Teede sighed. "Sure, but you don't see what I intend to do. They will come here anyway, regardless of whether I do anything or not. But if I help them find the island, they will get here faster... and of course then I may be part of their legend and their power."